• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DG Interview Thread: Walrus? Toasted

RPS

• Total voters

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Vote: Tom

*thinks a KevBro + Tom duel interview would be funny as hell, or any double combination of these three for that matter* XP
hahaha i was going to stay completely out of it and not comment or vote but this is an amazing idea and could easily happen in a chat room

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Moriartyrefusestocommentonhowawesometheideaisbutwouldtotallybeawesome.jpeg?

Also abstaining to vote because those are my best buddies and all of them would be good interviews!

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
abstaining to vote because those are my best buddies and all of them would be good interviews!
<333

Also, going from first person to third person within the scope of one sentence without sounding ******** or douchey? Yeah that's why Kevbro's the man.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
EE - 3
Tom - 6
KevinM - 1

Looks like we're doing a Tom interview :D

Now that that's settled, start making up your questions! You'll have 4 days to post whatever questions you want to post up. Once 4 days passed, I shall start the interview whenever Tom is on. Remember, try to avoid any personal questions.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Where did you put marshy?

Is your name really Tom?

Could you make a joke about Rockin?

Ronike

Smash Ace
Could you elaborate on your last answer in an essay of more than 9000 words?

Got any tips on how to create a themed game?

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
What were your most memorable mafia moments?

What were your most memorable adventure game moments?

In adventure games you get hugely into your characters, possibly more than anyone else. How do you do this? Why? Just this whole process would be interesting to know.

What were your favorite Pen and Sword moments? How did you think of the character Molly? Ulysses?

What were your most upsetting mafia game moments?

Most upsetting adventure game moments?

Who were your arch enemies in notable mafia games and why?

Who were your arch enemies in adventure games and why?

Who are you always wary of going into mafia games, and why?

Who are you always wary of going into adventure games, and why?

Are you running any mafia games in the future?

Are you running any adventure games in the future?

Do you have any ideas for future Pen and Sword characters?

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
If you could pick three scumbuddies for a mafia game, who would you choose?

If you could pick three townies to help you in a mafia game, who would you choose?

Was there really a time in which Frozenflame didn't lurk through mafia games?

X1-12

Smash Champion
Who is your favourite "old" DGamer to play with?

Who is your favourite "new" DGamer to play with?

Do you prefer adventure games or mafia?

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
What's your favourite scum role?

What's your favourite town power role?

What do you think is the most balanced independent role in a small game? (approx 9 to 13 players)

Who's your favourite player to Hydra with?

What's up with those cats?

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
***kin lol'd

Dude seriously we just have terrible timing, you always join games whenever I'm swamped. Look @ Soul Calibur mafia I was active as hell in that game I swear.

Hmmmm questions....

What inspired you to host your 3 Tomafia's in such quick succession?

If you had to choose between only being able to host games for the rest of your mafia career, or only being able to play in games, which would you choose? If you could bring back any currently inactive Dgamer back into the community (inactive meaning hasn't played in or modded/comodded a game in roughly the past year), who would you choose?

If you could force one player to play with you in every game you joined, who would it be, if anyone?

If you could wish for a well designed adventure game to instantly be completely designed and given to a competent individual to run it well, what flavour would you want it to be?

What mafia role (excluding roles typically held in low regard like Jester, Lyncher, survivor, politician, etc.) that you have not yet received do you hope you never receive, and why?

If you could erase everyone's memories of a setup that has already been run here @ SWF and then run it again with our current community after tweaking it a little bit if you wanted to, what setup would you choose?

What player here on SWF is the most difficult for you to read in terms of their alignment when playing with them?

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
Do you have any current games in the works (aside from FMA:B)?

How do you balance out small games with 4 factions?

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
Who do you prefer playing as, mafia or town, and why?

How did you discover SWF?

What was your first game, and how did it go?

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
When going into a D1 with no players that you know, what do you intend to establish?

How much do you love me part 2.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
I have a feeling we've logged enough questions hahaha.

This interview is going to be so longgggg. No getting lazy on the answers, Tom ;D

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
This interview is about Tom, star player and one of the most well known players of Decisive games. His scumdar is top notch, as well as him being a known adventure gamer. Always available to give out wise advice as well as help constructing Mafia setups. :D

How much do you love KevinM?

More than the sky loves the Moon. More than eagles love to soar. More than a fat kid loves his weekly ice cream cookie cake club meetings. All the way up to the point where a bro needs to stop loving another bro so much, and then by broyal decree I raised the bar of acceptable bro-love so it would still be acceptable.

...Can you tell me the difference between bro love and 'gay love?' Cause that sounded pretty gay.

Do you have a dog?

Uh...yes. (Hey! I'm suppose to be asking the questions here!)

Two bros can love each other as bros, and its not gay. Its not even close to gay. Its like, 'bro, I love you.' Okay, Rockin, your assigned homework:

1) Watch the movies "I Love You, Man," and "Wedding Crashers"
2) That's it.

Why do you hate playing with KevinM?

I don’t. Why do you ask?? D:

Do you think you will ever return to DGames Mafia?

The slumbering giant has awakened, and yes, the ground will shake.

Where did you put Marshy? I wish I could remember. Marshigio’s absence is the greatest I’ve noticed since my return. One can only travel to the mountaintop and pray for his return.

Is your name really Tom?

I refuse to comment. And before you do... as they all tried to do... please don’t push this question any further. You are getting into things beyond your scope of understanding. It is out of my love for you that I stop you here. Now, who told you to ask this question?

Could you make a joke about Rockin?

So, back when I ruled Decisive Games with an iron bro-fist, a few of the newbies slacked off and screwed up. Rockin came to me about their misdeed and seemed pleased that they would be reprimanded. And I punished them, of course, with a cookie race. Each of the three insolent newbies had to stick an Oreo up their *** and run a hundred yard dash, and the losers (if you’re not first, you’re last) all had to eat their cookie. When it came time to the race, all four of the competitors lined up - the three newbies, and Rockin, determined to put himself on the line to make sure all of the newbies knew that they were, in fact, losers. Rockin won that race. Rumor has it, he still ate his cookie, too.

...You DO know this is Rockin interviewing you, right?

You are a lost cause.

Do you like puppies?

No.

Could you elaborate in over 9000 words?

Yes.

Got any tips on how to create a themed game?

You are not making a game with a theme forced onto it; you are making a mafia game after a theme. If a name-role pairing doesn’t make sense, or needs to be forced, it shouldn’t happen. If a character has a power, skill, ability, characteristic, or relationship that defines him or her in the theme, you should do your absolute best to translate that into a mafia power, skill, ability, characteristic, or relationship. If a fitting mafia analogy does not exist, it should be your desire to create a new, balanced, innovative, and fun one. If there are multiple factions in the theme, you should consider multiple factions in the game. And get someone respectable to review your setup.

What were your most memorable Mafia moments?

My greatest failure was my inability to see through Junglefever/Marshy’s claim-swap at the end of Harry Potter and the Deathly Mafia, and that was directly due to my impatience. When the cards are in your hands, you do not need to impulsively react. I (was ridiculously close to, and) could have won that game, in my and others’ opinions, all on my own for town, and I let a knee-jerk desire to win get in the way of my victory. Another would be when my mafia recruiter died Night 0 in Nowhere Man Mafia and I was left with one ally, a fairly new Rockin, on my team against more than a dozen townies. I felt so inspired to win the whole game on my own, but it was impossible. And, there is another, but I’m not ready to talk about it.

What were your most memorable adventure game moments?

Watching Eric Waterman’s body evaporate with the good doctor at my side; communing with the Fog itself. Making my way to the top of a zombie infested mansion with Marshy, Virg, Mediocre, and McCloud. As a young female escaped convict, the long conversation about life, death, and morality on the back of a motorcycle with my arms wrapped around a policeman; diving back into the dark water to save the Professor, when everyone else left him to die, to prove a point; the moment when Ash Wayne was surrounded by zombies and found her “way out.” The terrible feeling of disappointment in myself when I was arrested my first night in Gotham city; flirting in Batman’s lap thousands of feet above the city; cartwheel-flipping my way through the window and sealing the Joker’s escape after the huge super-brawl. Every, single, moment when Felicity fought with herself about love - whether it be the joy of an underground heist with my man; screaming in agony and pain and loss against the statuesque Batman, telling him that it was all his fault, that it never had to happen, that blood was on his hands, crying, until I couldn’t anymore, and finally watching him powerfully leave the building for revenge; chatting with a wisened butler about why I am the one for his man, unable to tell if I’m even arguing for what I want or playing Devil’s Advocate; finding the need to sneak into the hospital and visit the one man I know who valued love over his own life, knowing that I was the one who took his love that he fought so dearly for; every single moment with the one I finally settled with... before deciding to play cat and mouse again.

In adventure games you get hugely into your characters, possibly more than anyone else. How do you do this? Why? :

I love my characters. I always get into every Adventure Game I play, and I always want to leave my mark on them, to play my character to the fullest, and to remind everyone that this is a role-playing experience, it’s something to be shared, in character and out. I greatly enjoy making decisions that I know to be wrong, because my character would make them - I play for it. I want there to be realism, and I want there to be drama.

What were your favorite Pen and Sword moments?

Molly’s greatest moment would simply have to be her interaction with Blackbeard. My happiest moment of PnS1 was when I read Virg’s first piece with Molly interacting with Blackbeard - I was so happy that she was a character that could be written by someone else in a way I absolutely and pleasantly approved. Ulysses... well, my favorite moment of his didn’t happen. I loved Legna psychologically destroying him and then dropping him to his death, but I would have loved even more (I shared this with EE) to see him voluntarily pass through the underground gate and end the cycle of Broken Men forever, leaving only B. C. Cooper as the sole survivor... and (I never shared this with anyone) as Molly’s caretaker.

What were your most upsetting mafia game moments?

When I saw my Bat-mafia setup break to a simple mass name-claim. I was so disappointed with myself... disgusted, really.

Most upsetting adventure game moments?

No contest, being caught by Gordon on my first heist night. I was very, very upset with myself when I let my guard down around Ashcroft, forgetting that he was not on my “definitely not Fog” list, and that simple mistake cost my son his life and almost killed me. In the end, however, that mistake led to so much character development in Stevie that I would never go back and undo it. But you bet your *** I would go back and fix my mistakes that led to my arrest.

Who were your arch enemies in notable mafia games and why?

Junglefever in Harry Potter. I don’t consider him an arch-enemy or rival in anything else, but he left his mark on the way I play every game.

Hah. Easy. Smashman90. The off-chance decision to explore the chapel under the in-character motivation of sudden prayer and reflection on my lost husband led to Eric Waterman’s epic ****ing fail at the hands of the good doctor. And Penny Plunderer... he was the most disgusting, frustrating, nerve-wracking, dispicable rival for whom I developed the most disturbing hatred. I wanted that ****er DEAD, but somehow that scumsucking low-life loser kept getting stronger, and smarter, and better. I pay my respects to Smashman’s epic career as the Penny Plunderer, and will tell everyone now that he did a great job, but Felicity would die before admit his success as a villain.

Who are you always wary of going into mafia games, and why?

I’m always wary of marshy, frozenflame, Cello_Marl, and Swiss. The first two because they are absolutely fantastic players and I hate losing. Cello because he is just so damn smart. And Swiss is the hardest player for me to read. KevinM was the worst, though, until I decided on an ultimatum - I immediately, without question, assume he is town until he, or someone else, proves to me otherwise. And I have an ultimatum for Swiss, too, should I ever need it - kill him.

: I’m wary of Mediocre. He is an incredible player. No adventure game would be the same without him. And yet, its hard to align myself with him.

Are you running any mafia games in the future?

I will continue to run mafia games. I have a few I have designed that I want to run in the future, and I find inspiration for brand new ones in the stupidest places.

Are you running any adventure games in the future?

I have two that I would like to run. One is on hold because I am missing an incredibly key mechanic - the answer to the question, “why not just kill everyone?” - that was answered incredibly well in the Fog. The other is still a work in process, but really just needs more inspiration, and a **** load of free time to run to completion. I don’t know if either of them will actually happen, but I would like it for them both.

Can you at least give us a hint to one or maybe two of your possible adventure games?

Hmm...One is like "Clue," and the other is like... well, the other is really big.

Do you have any ideas for future Pen and Sword characters?

I thought about playing a Pen and Sword as Dhalsim from Street Fighter, Balmung of the Azure Sky from dot hack, and a character of my own from a novel I write and rewrite parts of on and off, named Jamison Fox the Tactician, a pirate captain, a character greatly inspired by an exercise in super-powers Virgilijus, M3D, and I did.

If you could pick three scumbuddies for a mafia game, who would you choose?

KevinM, and anyone else. I have never truly been scum with KevinM, and we have /inned a large number of games together simply for the chance to be scum together. Also, I enjoy finding victory with new teammates. But, to answer who I think the best would be, they would be frozenflame, Macman, and Ronike. No love for the newbies, I know, but I either feel I could tear them a new one or feel that I don’t know their playstyle well enough yet to say they are either good or bad.

If you could pick three townies to help you in a mafia game, who would you choose?

Marshy, Virgilijus, and Omni. Marshy’s scumdar is very reliable. Virgilijus is, for lack of a less dramatic term, incredibly wise. And Omni is the pinnacle of a town ally - he understands the necessity of a sense of urgency and doesn’t put up with inactivity, he asks the right questions, and he is willing to extend his hand.

Ages ago, there was a time when frozenflame burned with a passion. He didn’t simply lynch scum. He hunted scum. There was no question - you killed him night 1. Sometimes, Night 1 was too late. Then, as quickly as his legend began, it ended... he vanished. There are those to believe that, when we need him the most, he will return. I can tell you now the he is still here, all around us, as active as ever, and scum have nowhere to hide.

Who is your favourite "old" DGamer to play with, and who is your favourite "new" DGamer to play with?

My favorite old DGamer to play with is Kevin. There was a time when I would consider Gheb a “new” DGamer, but he is a vet through and through now, and he is close to the top too. My favorite new DGamer to play with... Does SummonerAU count? Or is he a vet now? I love that guy. I feel like I don’t know the new ones enough. That’s partly why I feel the need to play more often again.

What's your favourite scum role?

My favorite scum role is probably Mafia Busdriver. If you consider indies scum, then it is hands down Serial Killer. Personally, I feel I was made for that role - in the context of the game, no joke intended. You get to scum hunt, and you get to pull the wool over the town, and you *must* survive to end-game, avoiding both lynches and night-kills. The ultimate challenge, in my opinion, and the best role.

What do you think is the most balanced independent role in a small game? (approx 9 to 13 players)

The most balanced indy role in a small game is the Abductor. If he wins, he earned it; if he loses, he made an almost null impact on the ultimate fight between town and mafia.

Who's your favourite player to Hydra with?

My favorite player to hydra with is Kevin. Not because of the moriarty picture shenanigans, because those are actually very frustrating for me, but because Kevin is an amazing person, an amazing player, and I feel the need neither to give him full control nor to take full control of the hydra.

What's up with those cats?

Cats are the greatest creature in the world. You should worship us. I mean, them. You should worship them.

Who do you personally love seeing get NK'd or Lynched whatever your alignment is?

If I am in the game, I love seeing Swiss die, regardless of my alignment, as long as we are not both mafia together. I can’t read him, I think he is a distraction, and I’m sure he could win the game his way, but I’d rather win it my way.

why did you tell the joker where she[Mr. Freeze's wife] was?

Why did I tell the Joker where she was? As Felicity, I danced a fine line between hero and villain. In character, I struggled between an almost impulsive need to do a bad deed for every good one, I struggled with deciding who I truly loved (Terry, Batman, or the one I finally settled with) and frankly... it had to be done. 1) I had done too much good 2) I had given Batman more than I had given the Joker 3) I was insanely jealous of your ability to love her while I was completely, abysmally lost when it came to love.

Terry, Batman, and the 'one you settled with?' Why was it difficult? What did these three have that had your character interested?

Felicity had a lot of psychological problems when it came to trust, love, and sexuality. She developed condescending attitudes towards men, and felt like she was "stuck in a cage" so to speak. She enjoyed wearing a mask and reinventing herself as Catwoman, just as she saw Batman making himself known. So, she was very interested in other masked men, who she saw as willing to be free. Or something like that.

Batman, Terry (Known as Robin), and 'this other person' were indeed masked men, but each (or at least one of the three) had a different purpose from one another. What did Felicia saw in these three men?

It's complicated, I guess, and I don't know how interested everyone will be in Catwoman's motivations.

What inspired you to host your 3 Tomafia's in such quick succession?

I could be selfless and say that I wanted to kick-start the community. But truly, I was just learning to host games. I wanted to design them, but I also wanted see them run. I enjoyed the fact that I had a community who wanted to play my games, and so I made them and ran them. Now, I’ve designed so many setups that will never see the light of day and are forever relegated to my google docs.

If you had to choose between only being able to host games for the rest of your mafia career, or only being able to play in games, which would you choose?

If I had to choose, I would choose to play. Because I can still design setups without hosting them and then play other peoples’ setups, but I couldn’t design my own and host them and then not enter other peoples’. Actually playing mafia is the most important part of learning everything you can about the game, is the most important part about enjoying the game, in my opinion. It’s fun to theorycraft, but its way more fun to play.

If you could bring back any currently inactive Dgamer back into the community (inactive meaning hasn't played in or modded/comodded a game in roughly the past year), who would you choose?

Marshy, right now. I also wonder what ever happened to Circus.

If you could force one player to play with you in every game you joined, who would it be, if anyone?

It would be Kevin, for all the reasons I’ve mentioned. And if I could force a player NOT to play with me, it would be Evil Eye, because he writes epic novels instead of posts and his scent ruins my hunting ability because he is so powerfully scummy in my eyes. Great, I just mixed sensory metaphors. This is all your fault, EE.

If you could wish for a well designed adventure game to instantly be completely designed and given to a competent individual to run it well, what flavour would you want it to be?

Lord of the Rings. Oh, god, Lord of the Rings.

What mafia role (excluding roles typically held in low regard like Jester, Lyncher, survivor, politician, etc.) that you have not yet received do you hope you never receive, and why?

I hope never to be a town martyr / weak bodyguard. KevinM was one once, in Star Fox Mafia, and he did exactly what I would do - never use your power, because no one else in the game is both significantly better than you and 100% confirmed to you to be your alignment.

If you could erase everyone's memories of a setup that has already been run here @ SWF and then run it again with our current community after tweaking it a little bit if you wanted to, what setup would you choose?

spam_master’s Mafia Mafia. I wonder if you had that setup in mind.

What player here on SWF is the most difficult for you to read in terms of their alignment when playing with them?

Swiss, I think. I’ve played with him a few times, and I could not get a bead on his alignment, though I eventually would personally decide he could go.

Do you have any current games in the works (aside from FMA:B)?

Yes, multiple. Baccano!, The Lord of the Rings, and Cowboy Bebop are three that immediately come to mind as ones I may run on SWF. I have a League of Legends setup that I plan to run once I am not in any games and have run FMA:B to completion, and I plan to run it as a private game including people who like / might like mafia from the Light House LoL thread, and already have permission from Xiivi to do so. Currently and specifically, I am working with Ranmaru and his girlfriend on their setup, and so far it is absolutely fantastic and one I would be proud to put my name beside. But I wont spoil the theme.

How do you balance out small games with 4 factions?

You run the worst case scenario for faction A, worst case scenario for faction B, worst case for C, worst case for D, best case scenario for A, best for B, best for C, best for D, etc. all out on paper, to better understand the influence all the power roles could have on the feasibility / “swingyness” of the balance of the game, and to understand the odds of each faction’s victory. Day 1/Night 1, how many townies can die? How many Days + Nights does it take for all of x faction to lose? Try to give each faction a fighting chance, but make it harder for the smaller ones to win, especially the single-man factions. If you can, minimize the influence on the rest of the game that their failure would have - for example, an arsonist who is going to lose anyways who still has the ability to light his fire, etc. Think of power roles in terms of how they compare to solid ones; for example, a straight serial killer, a cop, a mafia goon, a mafia godfather; and make sure that you don’t overlap powers between factions that could destroy another faction. And then, when you think you have done the perfect job, get two people to look over the setup and beg them to do their best to break it.

Who do you prefer playing as, mafia or town, and why?

I have no mafia vs. town preference. I enjoy playing as both. I do, however, prefer to be independent.

How did you discover SWF?

In junior year of highschool, my friends and I got into SSBM, and my friend Catmur showed me a video of Luigi wavedashing, and it led me to SWF. I joined, found other smashers and tournaments in the area, met and made my crew, and started exploring more of SWF like creative minds and forum games.

What was your first game, and how did it go?

My first game was in person, at school or summer camp or something, and I can’t remember how it went because we played hundreds. My first online game went absolutely awful, so poorly that I will neither name the game nor the site or the account name I was.

Mad Hatter or March Hare?

Mad Hatter.

Tracker or Watcher?

Tracker.

Vig or SK?

SK.

What would a world without hypothetical situations be like?

It would be like- as if- a world where- ****

What's your favourite indy role?

Serial Killer. If I can flatter myself and choose Unlynchable/Bulletproof Siblings, I’d choose that.

Which faction do you find it hardest to win as?

It can be hard to win as any faction, when you have crummy allies. And it can be easy to win as any faction, if you have great allies/crummy enemies. So, I don’t know. Personally, I think I’m a pretty good townie and a pretty good scummie.

Do you have any advice for new players?

My advice for new players: try to learn as much as you can, and always be humble.

How can you tell a really good player from a decent one?

In my opinion, what really separates a good player from a really great one is understanding the importance of a sense of urgency for the town, understanding how to manipulate discussion or how to recognize when it is poorly directed and redirect it, never becoming emotional, knowing when and how to claim, counter-claim, fake-claim, & fake-counter-claim, and to remember what is truly scummy. I cannot emphasize that last one enough. Remember what is truly scummy. Is inactivity truly scummy? Is making a mistake truly scummy? Is asking a bad question truly scummy? Is being unable to defend yourself truly scummy? What is this case based on? Do I agree with it, in principle? Do I feel... comfortable with it? What is the argument, and the defense? If the defense is unacceptable... make sure the argument is acceptable before you lynch... I could go on for an hour.

When going into a D1 with no players that you know, what do you intend to establish?

When I go into Day 1 with no players that I know, I intend to establish that I thoroughly understand the game and its mechanics, and then I play the game. I will try to make sure that the game plays out to my standards, even if I have play as both instructor and scum-hunter.

How much do you love KevinM? (Part 2).

I love KevinM like the stars love the night sky. I love KevinM like peanut butter loves jelly, and like peanut butter loves chocolate. I love KevinM like the dolphin loves to swim, like the dolphin loves to jump, like the dolphin loves to play. Basically I have a blowhole for KevinM, is what I’m trying to say.

You spoke of Mafia players you favor/look up to. Can you tell us some of the Mafia players who has a lot of potiential?

I feel like I don't really know many of the newer players or how they play. I took a leave of absence for a few months so I missed out on the "new generation" of players. I couldn't really answer.

How about some of the players you're familiar with? (Like Mentos, Rockin, Macman, etc.) Well, established players can't really show "potential." The players you listed, Mentos, Rockin, Macman, have already shown how they play, have already learned from mistakes, etc.

Do you feel proud of the MVP system created?
Yes. I don't think it needs any changes, either. But if people agree that they want it, I wouldn't oppose. I don't think people should have golden dice taken away, though.

What type of style do you play when you Play a Mafia game? Same goes for Adeventure games

I'd like to say that my playstyle changes in Mafia. But maybe it would be better for someone else to describe it. As town, I try to be as logical as possible and think about who I want to lynch, who we kinda "should" lynch, and who I would want to lynch if I were Mafia. But, really just stay logical, try to notice everyone's interactions. Second guess everything but not to the point of nervousness...As scum, I try to line up the lynches. Someone from Mafiascum, Claus actually, told me that winning as Mafia is not just getting that day's lynch, but planting the seeds of your future lynches. When you recommend the next sucker to the gallows, you want for people to have been thinking that it is an acceptable choice all along. I like to get as much as I possibly can out of the town, and then try to push it even further with a gambit or a claim or forcing as much information out into the open near end-game and then picking and choosing what I can abuse.

If you was in an adventure game, who would be your ideal allies?

Eor, first. He absolutely dominates adventure games. He plans very well, he makes great decisions under pressure, or at least he never, ever hesitates under pressure. I've worked very well with him more than once in the past, so he would be my first choice. tmw_redcell would be second, because he freaky smart. He thinks of literally everything, or should I say, he has already thought of literally everything. EE is always modding them, but when he isn't, he is in one word reliable. Mediocre is very good at the games, and I respect him a lot, but I would not put him on the list because I do not think we work well together. Or at least every opportunity I have gotten to play with him, he is either my rival, or we have nothing in common in character.

In adventure games, who do you feel are the more 'supportive' players?

hm...well, tmw_redcell was extremely supportive of me in Gotham. I would not have been able to do half of what I did without allying myself with him. Eor also supported my every decision in the Fog...but, I also tried to back him in everything he did, even if it meant letting him go on a boat and blow people up. I have never truly been in a situation where I was the brawn or powerhouse and someone was just playing support, if that is what you are asking.

If there was a player you'd recommand for Adventure games, who would it be?
and why?

Well, ideally... everyone. I would love to see everyone play adventure games, but sadly it is hard to run one. If we were reliving Gotham or Fog or Infection or any of those games, and I could add another player...I would add Cello Marl or Mayling. Because, if I assume correctly, I think they have dnd experience, and from talking to them they are both smart, one of them is in the broom, and they are at least close with McFox and could easily become very involved in the games.

Do you feel that AIM mafia is different from Forum mafia in terms of playstyle?

Oh, absolutely of course. AIM Mafia is severely limited in scale, and the only playstyles that I've ever really seen translate from one to the other are the extremely passive, almost "lost" players.

Do you encourage custom made roles or discourage them?

Absolutely encourage. I'm happy to see more, like from J's Nightmare Before Christmas game. I love custom made roles, and there's really no downside to them as long as you get your setup reviewed.

Not even the Rogue role?

Like I said, as long as you get your setup reviewed beforehand, there is really no downside.

Let's play a small scenario: You are in your house, doing your casual thing. Suddenly...a bear breaks into your house! He looks hungry! What do you do?

I grab one of the many guns placed all around my house - we have three glocks, a shotgun, and a semi-automatic rifle, as my step-dad is a defense enthusiast, and I shoot it over and over and over. I then sue the city of Memphis. *Laughs*

Not manly enough to use a fire extinguisher?

Apparently not.

Although I am very envious of anyone with balls the size of whatever size it takes to fight a bear with a... Oh I see what you did there.

Yes, Dan Dan the Weatherman is a man among men, and I am happy to have him father my second child.

[NOTE: In the adventure game, Fog, his female character was about to be attacked by a bear. Another character (I can't remember if it was a NPC or a player) came to the rescue with a fire extinguisher. Not sure how long the fight last, but he was the victor of the battle and their relationship grew]

Thanks for the interview, Tom! You have anything else you'd like to share before this is over?

Thanks everyone for giving me the opportunity to be interviewed :D

-------------------------------

and we are done! :D

Hope all like the interview

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Man I'm gonna need to fix that front page. It looks horrible. ><

anyway, here's the three people Tom chose

Evil Eye
Frozenflame
KevinM