• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
I also play here because people aren't epicmafia level of I want to leave forever, which that place gives me those moments a lot.
RR not even the slight competence that competitive lobby has to offer will keep you from wanting to stay there considering everyone in epicmafia lack the capability to understand human emotion and think forums are only used to ****post and talk about their life problems.

There's topics that would get you banned here that are regular occurrences, seeing how the moderation team lacks a spine and just lets people get away with things.

Hopefully nikos will make things better.

Here I go again ranting about Epicmafia, you should really teach me how to quit Acrostic.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Out of curiosity, have there been any players that you've seen make significant improvements to their game as they continued to play? If so, please share.
Idk if this is still up but after being here for almost 2 years some players have really shown me in levels of "significant improvements" can happen just by continuously playing and just keeping at it.

People like Kuzi come to mind because I remember when he used to be lynched all the time because he tried silly things.

Then there is like Soup who is another one, especially with recent play where I actually do believe he has gotten soooooo much better than the past where there were rage-quits/modkills galore, he's actually matured as a player and I'm kind of proud of him for that.

Gorf also is one where we started around the same time but lately he has become more of a player to be recognized in games and actually someone I considered a threat to the scum-team in Hearts.

A person, I feel, is getting closer and closer to that is Inferno where he is a quiet one but lately he is getting a lot better in games just by playing. A bit of a background one but definitely someone I like seeing do well in games.

Joey is another one where I've seen him grow from his very first game till now since I invited him to NBC mafia and it is a really huge leap from that game. He really has shown improvement in games lately and is actually a player that is pretty strong when he is in it. The thing is, he keeps replacing out while he is doing good and its like "Whyyyyyy?!" The more he plays, the better he is becoming.

Those are the people who come to mind for me if that's what you are looking for. ;P

Ramen King

Smash Cadet
Pi-Pikachu!
:smash:
Out of curiosity, have there been any players that you've seen make significant improvements to their game as they continued to play? If so, please share. I just feel like I've seen the same holes in play style from the same players game in and game out. And I don't want to start a pissing contest, because I also have hideous flaws that need major work on before I can call anyone out. However it just feels like there is this sense of stagnancy where certain players end up in the same position game in and game out. And to be frank, it is disheartening because if I played one game where you got ML'd for reason X and I see you in multiple games getting ML'd for reason X, I mean, there is just this sense of fatalism that the situation is going to repeat itself and that's boring since that shouldn't be happening with random role assortment, different setups, and a mix-up of different players.
J hit most the players. Kuz, Soup, Gorf have all improved a lot. Ran plays good some games and not so good other games. Ran confuses me because I know he has the potential to play well, but then he ends up going back to his old habits. Joey has shown a lot of improvement since he first started as J said. It's just that he never follows through for some reason. Ruy does the same stuff every game. No idea why he doesn't take anyone's advice. I think that there is sort of an s-curve that people go through. Some people start out on higher points on the S, thus their grow tends to be logarithmic while others start out lower lower on the curve so their growth tends to start out exponential. Examples of logarithmic growth would be J, Vanderzant, Ryker. Like J has actually always been a pretty good player. All he really needed was to fine tone his play. I feel players like Soup and Gorf have gone through the exponential part of the curve and are in the logarithmic phase. Hence Soup's recent frustrations. You, acrostic, are also someone I feel to be in logo.

Out of curiosity, what really frustrates you about the game?

X1-12

Smash Champion
Actually, I want to apologize and retract the statements I made in my two previous posts. I mulled over it and decided that the reason why I'm dissatisfied is because I'm not well suited for this game. It's ironic because I want to play, yet I want to play a very narrow game that pertains to how I feel the game should be played. I get too easily frustrated [snipped] I think that most of the people here are great which makes it incredibly tempting to join games.
This is basically 100% why I don't play anymore

and because I suck (which is a large part of what makes it frustrating) and I'm not motivated enough to get better

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
I really wish I could stay in a game >_<'. Hopefully this next game doesn't give me any complications.

I don't know, John! We should hydra sometime, though! : D. It'd be fun! Not soon though lol. I can't take more than two games lol.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Hmm.
I think it is possible to make big improvements to your mafia game, in many ways. You can get better at persuasion, better at reading people, better at pretending to be town, and so on.

A lot of the time, though, I think none of this matters, which is why mafia can be frustrating. There's going to be situations when you've got perfect reads on anyone but you still can't swing enough votes, there'll be situations where people flat out don't listen to you for whatever reason. You could be the best damn player in the world and still be lynched Day 1.

I'm tempted to think being good at mafia isn't something you can measure- you can say a group of players did well, but it can be really hard to say when an individual really did well because it's a social, interactive game. It might even be a zero-sum game, that you can only do as well as other people do badly; arguably there's no way to excel at mafia except in relation to other people.

In the end, the knack is to enjoy playing the game, regardless of how 'good' you are or how well you do in the game. Not saying it's easy, but surely that's the ideal.

And yeah, you guys are pretty cool.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
regarding the community thing

to this day i am cool with a lot of the people i played with years ago who have now largely bounced from this room on a "if i was around your area we would def chill" level and i am sure other regulars feel the same considering the "if you could meet 5 dgamers irl and chill" questions you see in the interviews. itd probably be the same with the current crowd if i talked to them outside of dgames which i dont only cuz skype seems to be the big thing now which i dont have. i still use aim holla. sometimes you can see a lot of peoples personalities in the game thatd make you want to stay in contact with them even outside of mafia whether it be through this social/aim/skype/irl

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
regarding the community thing

to this day i am cool with a lot of the people i played with years ago who have now largely bounced from this room on a "if i was around your area we would def chill" level and i am sure other regulars feel the same considering the "if you could meet 5 dgamers irl and chill" questions you see in the interviews. itd probably be the same with the current crowd if i talked to them outside of dgames which i dont only cuz skype seems to be the big thing now which i dont have. i still use aim holla. sometimes you can see a lot of peoples personalities in the game thatd make you want to stay in contact with them even outside of mafia whether it be through this social/aim/skype/irl

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
man way to make me look like a **** xonar (however he man is awesome and im sure people understand this)

youre never on aim >: (

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
man way to make me look like a **** xonar (however he man is awesome and im sure people understand this)

youre never on aim >: (
That's because there's a grand total of two people on AIM that I actually talk to that haven't migrated to Skype/MSN yet :reverse::reverse::reverse::reverse::reverse:

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
RR I really wished you would have stood up more in Gigabots. I was defending you there and we could have done something had you not let yourself get lynched there man. (Although I gave up afterwards too but still)
I could've said this about most of the town in Gigabots.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Actually, I want to apologize and retract the statements I made in my two previous posts. I mulled over it and decided that the reason why I'm dissatisfied is because I'm not well suited for this game. It's ironic because I want to play, yet I want to play a very narrow game that pertains to how I feel the game should be played. I get too easily frustrated, yet I don't show it and replace out before I do something stupid or start verbally abusing other players. I think that most of the people here are great which makes it incredibly tempting to join games.
I don't think that there are people that aren't suited to this game unless they're completely terrible and can't identify why (see: ChiboSempai). You're improving on your own, you're just still in that stage where you're getting a feel for how the game works and how you can approach it.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
True. I forgot about gorf. I read hin wrong there.

I just felt like joey/rr let xonar order them around cuz he was a better player or cuz he rly barked loud.

I let him do that after cuz I didnt think about indy and scum...

:phone:

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
You see no dice and no leftovers.

Shame on you for hating on me and Lain though, especially after you called me a bromie : (
Did I hit a sensitive snare?

Top Bottom