• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DGames Summer Mafia Bash - Day 2 Begins. Deadline Day 2 begins - Deadline 8:00 A.M. CST Monday 6/24

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Digging up questions to reply to, let me know if I missed any.

Is coasting in this game indicative of scum alignment? Is JTB better or worse than Rockin for this? Are FF and Pythag coasting? Is Tom coasting?
Considering how we have more people coasting than we could even have on a scum team, then it's not inherently scummy. The coasting is more of a supplemental scum-tell.

JTB, upon a reread (and especially rereading Gorf's analysis), is weird in general besides just the coasting. The coasting just adds to it. Instead of a replacement, erasing this slot is fine imo.

Rockin, imo, has worse inconsistencies and behavior, combined with his coasting. In addition, his activity when not coasting is to either defend himself, vote me (the other top lynch and someone pushing for his lynch) with just Gorf's case as reasoning, or do more of his anti-ranmaru spiels that make little sense. I'm over-simplifying a bit, but you get the gist. I'm comfortable with Rockin as the play.

FF came out with a solid excuse for inactivity combined with a huge chunk of a post. I disagree with some of the post and find it fishy, but he doesn't give a "scum coasting" vibe. More of a "player who is unfortunately inactive but also has some scum behavior."

Pythag is less active, but 90% of his posts have solid content and questions. His posts don't feel like someone trying to do the bare minimum to avoid prods, he's actively playing the game and adding to it.

Tom's coasting is super weird imo. He was very active before but suddenly dropped off the face of the earth. I'd love to hear why this is the case from him.

Lore Lore i forgot:

Can you post your reads on FF and me? sorry if you already did in the last couple pages
FF, slight scum lean due to previously stated reasons.

You, null. Mostly because while you answered my questions earlier sufficiently, I haven't seen anything that screams town to me. Solid null with no real lean either direction.

It is humorous to me that you think that my vote on Poyzin was in any way an endorsement of the things you had to say about him.

I was voting Poyzin because he was a null read of mine that had also jumped onto the Doop waggon and so I wanted to put pressure on him in order to try and improve my read on him. The fact that you also happened to be voting for him is just a coincidence. I continue to think that your case against him was utter garbage.
Thanks for at least explaining that, then. You voted him and gave literally zero reasoning, so I assumed you just agreed.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
him replacing out doesn't change how gross the slot is

honestly I don't think a response from Tom matters much, but it'd def be good to get his thoughts on other happenings

i mean, there are a plethora of reasons why ppl think JTB is scummy so him getting more pushback on his inactivity makes sense

but i do generally agree with the sentiment here, id be pretty down for a Nabe lynch

kinda sucks that this game is riddled with inactives / replacements. guess that's just standard Dgames though.

also sucks that despite the above, the thread is super active because a few slots just keep posting (Ryker and Ranmaru, i dont think yall should interact for the rest of the game). which makes it harder for the less active slots to keep current. there's so much content in thread but some players have very few contributions to look at... which shouldn't fly

odd to see only 1 person on the JTB wagon despite it seeming like people are finally starting to lean his way

but uh... imma go with this for now

vote: Nabe

what do yall think about a Nabe inactivity lynch?
Solid post and improves my read on your slot. Particularly the Ryker and Ranmaru mention: it's frustrating to see Ran more or less refuse to work with Ryker on anything, and I don't feel like there's a world where scum wouldn't enjoy that friction. Assuming Ryker or Ranmaru isn't scum themselves, or both. I lean town on Ryker and read hard town on Ran atm though.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Ran I know I'm over simplifying and that you have worked with Ryker on some things, but you know what I meant there.

Also, current Lore lynch pool in order of priority:
Rockin
JTB
Nabe
FF

I also enjoyed Kary's posts from last night upon a reread. I don't think scum would literally come out and say that they were intentionally riling people. He had an easy out to just say "yeah it wasn't riling lol, Lore just blew up over nothing." Kary feels town between that and the strong scumhunting and questioning.

(still doesn't make my response appropriate, and I will say that again)

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Tom Tom , since you've talked about Lore's meta before, what do you make of him saying it's bad town play to _not_ lynch him asap?

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
inactivity is killing the game. and honestly, we already have a scum lynch and TONS of info to sift through. as much as sucks for making links and whatnot, nabe is buying his way into lylo with zero means of building a legitimate case on him aside from being inactive, which is inherently fallible.

my gut is telling me that mac is right. offing him now might be our best bet, and it might be for the best for the super active (ryker, ran, myself, lore etc) to basically prod dodge for a while so that other less active players can come through without us blowing the thread the **** up.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Tom Tom , since you've talked about Lore's meta before, what do you make of him saying it's bad town play to _not_ lynch him asap?
Bit of a simplification there, I'm saying that it's bad play to not lynch me if I'm absolutely going to be the play.

I'm basically saying that dancing around it is just benefitting scum, unless we legitimately move to another option to lynch. Right now the sheer size of my wagon discourages any other lynch targets. We need to s**t or get off the pot.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
#HBC | Mac #HBC | Mac I think Tom explaining what he can would help for us to read him better. Unless you feel that he can explain himself out of any concerns you have? I'm also more into a Rockin lynch today, but would be open to compromising to Nabe as a deadline lynch, or a D3 lynch. I will try to post less now, as I really don't have much else to say. Just got to wait on the inactives and replacements.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Tom's coasting is super weird imo. He was very active before but suddenly dropped off the face of the earth. I'd love to hear why this is the case from him
Quoting this part because I do get that feeling. Which makes Mac's point (#1584) that he doesn't have much that shows he has scumhunting initiative.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
what do yall think about a Nabe inactivity lynch?
I don't like it.

I mean, ok, I like it, but I don't think we learn that much from it.

#HBC | Kary #HBC | Kary Legit. thanks for your breakdown. Even if I find it a little upsetting as I like giving people the benefit of the doubt. c'est la vie. can't fault you for that in this game.

You're clearly more familiar with how Lore plays, where I am not, I'm also unfamiliar with how you play. That gives some much needed light for me.

Tom Tom do you have anything for us?

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Honestly, I'd rather wait for a replacement for Nabe (if they can find one) or wait for him to get modkilled. If we're gonna PL Nabe I agree that it'd be better to do it now rather than later, but we learn pretty much nothing from his death and we wouldn't waste a phase waiting for a modkill (since we have an even number of players right now and there are either no shots or two shots still out there).

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
If we're looking into thoughts on an inactivity lynch, what's stopping us from lynching JTB and asking for Nabe to be replaced instead?

The drawback is that we then have a new player with literally nothing on them, info-wise. On the other hand, a JTB flip is more useful than a Nabe flip. So it's a big hmmm.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
If we're looking into thoughts on an inactivity lynch, what's stopping us from lynching JTB and asking for Nabe to be replaced instead?

The drawback is that we then have a new player with literally nothing on them, info-wise. On the other hand, a JTB flip is more useful than a Nabe flip. So it's a big hmmm.
great idea

still keeping my vote on nabe for now

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Kary's gonna scream when he sees that we all replied instead of just liking the post

Spak Spak if Lore is town, does that put UP back in your scum sights? Is there definitely one scum between them?

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Speaking of UP, I'm not a fan of how he did his gambit then noped out of the thread. He said earlier iirc that he would post his scum reads soon, so I'm wondering what happened to that.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Speaking of UP, I'm not a fan of how he did his gambit then noped out of the thread. He said earlier iirc that he would post his scum reads soon, so I'm wondering what happened to that.
I mean, UP, Nabe, Tom, and JTB are all pretty inactive. I think it's making our reads turn into some sort of an echo chamber.

But I see you lore, trying to get yourself outta the spotlight

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Wanted to confirm that I have just caught up with the thread. However, I will not be able to make a proper post until 7 PM EST, in which I will thoroughly explain my scumreads. Have some stuff I need to accomplish and this cannot be priority given my deadline. Things must be done for tomorrow. Will be back then.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
I mean, UP, Nabe, Tom, and JTB are all pretty inactive. I think it's making our reads turn into some sort of an echo chamber.

But I see you lore, trying to get yourself outta the spotlight
Yeah the inactivity is a major issue.

And uh, yeah? I literally said that we either need to lynch me now or focus elsewhere. That it's time to s**t or get off the pot. I'm playing like I've already done so far, especially after saying that I'm tired of repeating myself through defending.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Kary's gonna scream when he sees that we all replied instead of just liking the post

Spak Spak if Lore is town, does that put UP back in your scum sights? Is there definitely one scum between them?
I don't really think so. I don't buy Lore's theory introduced early toDay, and my only basis for scum!Uto was the gambit.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I certainly would like to see reads and conclusions from UP today, because otherwise we have nothing else from him other than the gambit.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Rockin Rockin didn't you say earlier that you didn't like inactivity lynches?
I did, and I stand by it. I still don't like inactivity lynches, especially on D1.

But Nabe's been coasting SUPER hard. He hasn't even posted a thoughtful post of the situation of his reads, even after the end of D1. It took time for me to catch up, but I at least been able to contribute in some form of fashion, and posted as much as I can. There is no excuse for Nabe at this point.

Play the game or don't play at all.

Honestly, I'd rather wait for a replacement for Nabe (if they can find one) or wait for him to get modkilled. If we're gonna PL Nabe I agree that it'd be better to do it now rather than later, but we learn pretty much nothing from his death and we wouldn't waste a phase waiting for a modkill (since we have an even number of players right now and there are either no shots or two shots still out there).
There probably isn't any replacements left. We spent like 3 of the replacements on Day one. And I don't think the mod is going to modkill someone based on inactivity. We may as well get this inactivity lynch underway, cause the state of the game is semi poor atm.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Soup asked to be a replacement and I am sure he would love to play.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
I don't really think so. I don't buy Lore's theory introduced early toDay, and my only basis for scum!Uto was the gambit.
Not sure what you mean here with the theory. My initial UP read was its own thing, with the theory being for if UP is scum. I didn't scum read UP from the theory, the theory came from the scum read.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Hey all, sorry for my absence. I'm back at work and going to be catching up as quickly as I can.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Not sure what you mean here with the theory. My initial UP read was its own thing, with the theory being for if UP is scum. I didn't scum read UP from the theory, the theory came from the scum read.
Oh, you're right. In that case, I'll have to go back and read your UP case in the event that you flip Town. I skimmed it the first time around and remembered liking your responses to him more than his responses to you while the two of you were interacting, but in retrospect I think his gambit is likely a noob!Town tell. Unless your case is much stronger than I recall (I'm walking back to work so I can't check), it probably wouldn't lead me to a scum!Uto conclusion at this point. I'll take another look at your case tonight to make sure, though.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Oh, you're right. In that case, I'll have to go back and read your UP case in the event that you flip Town. I skimmed it the first time around and remembered liking your responses to him more than his responses to you while the two of you were interacting, but in retrospect I think his gambit is likely a noob!Town tell. Unless your case is much stronger than I recall (I'm walking back to work so I can't check), it probably wouldn't lead me to a scum!Uto conclusion at this point. I'll take another look at your case tonight to make sure, though.
It was a decent case imo but I've come around to reading UP as noob!Town, no offense UP.

What I want to know Spak is why you're only rereading "in case" I flip town? Why would my UP interaction not matter if I flipped scum? More importantly, why are you focusing more on my town flip while still having me as a scum read?

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
It was a decent case imo but I've come around to reading UP as noob!Town, no offense UP.

What I want to know Spak is why you're only rereading "in case" I flip town? Why would my UP interaction not matter if I flipped scum? More importantly, why are you focusing more on my town flip while still having me as a scum read?
Because Pythag's original question was presuming that you flip town; I was going along with a hypothetical.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Because Pythag's original question was presuming that you flip town; I was going along with a hypothetical.
Fair, but I still want to know why my UP interaction wouldn't be important to reread on a scum flip. Your post makes it sound like you'd only reread upon a town!Lore flip. It gives the impression that you don't expect me to flip scum, or at least that's the vibe I got from your post.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Fair, but I still want to know why my UP interaction wouldn't be important to reread on a scum flip. Your post makes it sound like you'd only reread upon a town!Lore flip. It gives the impression that you don't expect me to flip scum, or at least that's the vibe I got from your post.
Due to your earlier interactions, I'm pretty sure you v. Uto isn't SvS, so I wouldn't need to go back and check. Going back to work now; I'll answer any more questions when I get back.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Due to your earlier interactions, I'm pretty sure you v. Uto isn't SvS, so I wouldn't need to go back and check. Going back to work now; I'll answer any more questions when I get back.
So you're saying that the player I tunneled a case on wouldn't be important to read upon a scum!Lore flip? Questionable imo.

It feels like you're more accounting and preparing for a town!Lore flip lately rather than the inverse. Unless I missed a post. When you return from work, I'd like to hear what you'd do with a scum!Lore flip.

I'll double check to ensure that I'm right, but it's weird that you'd mostly only plan for town!Lore if you have me as a scum read, asked about it or not. You also had an opportunity here to swerve from that and share your scum!Lore possibility thoughts.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
#HBC | Mac #HBC | Mac Should I expect you on this fine Rockin wagon today? There's a seat with your name on it.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
ya dun gotta keep asking me about it

Rockin's second on my to die list and his latest responses haven't changed that

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Gorf's last post might have convinced me to go for Nabe.

I'm gonna think on it.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Are you saying that me v Lore is TvS Spak Spak ? I'm town, Lore claimed as town and I'm pretty sure their being truthful on that front. Kinda seems like they were deflecting attention, but I can't blame them given that they were almost wagoned. I don't think Lore is the play, haven't had a chance to voice that opinion yet.

Nabe lynch makes no sense. We get nothing from lynching them out of the game compared to other targets such as JTB, who I have expressed concerns with in the past. Major hmms from the Nabe wagon department, however I would love a replacement in that slot if Nabe cannot keep up with the game.

Sigh, yep. Scumreads coming in the next post. Been really busy lately, hopefully I can regain my activity very shortly.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Collection of Spak's notable posts on me and (surprisingly) Pythag.

Spak is now on my scum lean list. Also they replaced JeXs who I was already a bit iffy on early in D2. Just had them as null after the fantastic catch up post.

OK, that was a lot:

*post trimmed to only include the Pythag and Lore reads*

• Pythag – Contributed half a post on why he thinks self-meta is scummy, but Utopian didn’t really have much of a choice since a couple of people asked him head-on about his meta. Also seemed to bite back a little hard at Ran’s vote, then didn’t seem to directly address it (#214). Still wasn’t impressed by his #530; he talked about how he still thought Ran was scummy a lot, then voting Maven after saying that his lurking was null at worst and claimed that he was hitching his vote with Gorf (even though Gorf was voting Ran rather than Maven at the time). Strongest scum lean at the moment. It feels like he joined the wagon of someone he didn’t necessarily think was scummy, and refused to vote Ran even though he thought he was scummy (possibly to avoid the appearance of OMGUS?). He then says Ran’s probably town in #778 with no further explanation than “Ran is aggressively trying to prove that he’s town,” which is about the most null thing that comes to mind. He also pops in and out rather irregularly, and when he does pop in, he seems to just support some other person’s push rather than developing any of his own leads (like #1154, then ignoring Uto’s #1165 response (and not even mentioning Uto) in his next post (#1187, which was just saying that he liked Gorf’s last post and was looking into Rockin and Jexs)). I started to like him a little more as he started to get involved and I sorta had an idea of where his head was at D2, but his earlier offences still make me feel a little uncomfortable with his slot. Scum lean.
  • Maven/Lore – I agree with Ran’s #501 on Maven. He lurks more often as scum historically, but with that said, I also haven’t played with him in quite a while. Not much for this slot until Lore came in, who seems to be mainly approaching the game with making conditional ties between people (“check into this person if this person flips scum” type of stuff). Seems kinda irritable (and has had some sorta beef with Kary and Uto from what it looks like), but introduces some interesting new views when (he/she? I’ve never met Lore before) comes in. I don’t really agree on his/her #1123 (I’d be willing to attribute Uto’s somewhat triggerhappy wagoning as a rookie move), but I thought they had some good rebuttals to Uto’s responses (like pointing out that Uto instantly said that it seems like TvT was highly suspicious). D2 Lore seems to be lowkey defending Doop before/during his wagon, which looks a little sketch in retrospect, then tries to distance Loreself (I’ll just use this until I figure out gender lol) from Doop at the start of the conspiracy post. Lore seems to have the tendency to tunnel (been after Uto since right after the little tiff with Kary), and the case for the scumteam at the start of D2 seems a little reachy. There is a world in which the line of reasoning that you state could hold true, but it’s assuming a lot and certainly not probable enough that I could would rationalize putting someone in a lynchpool for that alone. I agree that Pythag is suspicious, but I think that Lore’s not arriving at their conclusions through a pro-town mindset. Lore also landed on the wrong side of Ryker v. Uto from my PoV (although I guess hindsight is 20/20). Scum lean.
Confirmed Town:
Spak
KevinM
Marshy

Scum Read:
Pythag
Lore

(Also, I kinda hate SWF's new color selector. The old one gave a lot more options...)

Did I miss anyone?
Here he has me and Pythag as hard scum reads. Take note of both of these.

He also has himself as "confirmed town," but while clearly a joke, I dislike it any time someone does this. Personal bias on my end.

Also, the only problem that I have with my personal list at the moment is that Uto and Lore are both on the scum side of it, and I don't think their interaction is SvS. So if Lore goes toDay and is scum I'll probably believe that Uto is town, but I also think that a town!Lore could feasibly still tunnel a town!Uto (although if both of them are town, I'm REALLY off-track lol).
Some Lore discussion about my potential flip, along with my UP interaction. Here they go out of their way to account for me being a Town flip, along with saying in the last line that town!Lore could still mean scum!Utopian. Setting up for a secondary lynch.

Pythag was not mentioned in any of the posts between the large read post and this one.

I think that Lore v. Kary seems to be more of a catfight than anything else... I don't really like Lore's slot (due to reasons stated in my long read list), but Kary seems to be more out for blood than out for the truth in her interactions with Lore (#1900 & #1907 for example). I'd think that scum!Kary would keep her head better, but I haven't played with Kary in a while and don't know how temperaments (or my perception of her temperament) may have changed. Either way, I think a Lore flip wouldn't give us much useful info on Kary (and vice versa).

With all of that said, I really like Lore's re-read on FF (although I'd have to go back and re-read to make sure Lore's not cherrypicking stuff to make FF look bad). It was a fairly condensed reading that gave me a good impression of where her head's at concerning that slot.
Lore v Kary, where he more or less says that my flip wouldn't give info on Kary. Interesting. He then softens on me a bit for the FF re-read, while still giving room to backtrack or discount it with a re-read. Way too much wiggle room here.

Again, no Pythag mention yet (with multiple posts before this one) despite Pythag being in the scum read list from earlier. Not scum lean, scum read.

*talks about jtb for a bit, pruned here for brevity*

I explained it here:

But basically, I think that it's absurd for any townsperson to take a gambit like that. I was willing to partially overlook it as a rookie mistake, but part of me feels like it's just a move that a new scum decided to make, then got cold feet and backed out. Only scum and JOAT (if we have one) could possibly know the setup at this point in time, so unless Uto's the JOAT (which he already claimed he isn't), it wouldn't make an ounce of sense to risk a TvT CC. Does that make sense, or do you want me to try and figure out how to explain it from another angle?
Here he uses the gambit as an excuse to backtrack on Utopian, which goes along with the trend so far of preparing for a Utopian lynch in the event that I flip Town.

Still no Pythag.

OK, now that I look at the roster, I trust in the skill level of the players in this game enough that there's not a possible scumteam that wouldn't tell him that was a horrible idea (unless they decided that could be an excuse and expected this to be the outcome, but that's a bold assumption and I won't WIFOM all over the place lol). I'm starting to agree that Uto's claim (as idiotic as it is) was probably not a scum!Uto move.
And he almost immediately backtracks again on that when confronted. Strange.

And here's the string of posts that I've already called out, where he appears to mostly be accounting for town!Lore flip.

Oh, and did you catch it? I'll quote again for emphasis.
Here's his first mention of Pythag ever, since putting him down as a scum read. I will double check this again, but I'm 99% sure I'm right.

He even answers Pythag's question without hesitation or questioning, zero indication that this is a player who he has a hard scum read on.

Spak has now rocketed to near the top of my scum read list, debating on whether he or Rockin is my stronger choice. However, I am still open for a JTB or Nabe lynch from how ****ing poor activity has been this game.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
ranmaru ranmaru JeXs sticks out to me as someone who was catching up while sick and had a fuzzy memory, but one post in particular sticks out:

Rockin was a "housecleaning" vote which was apparently an in joke according to Ryker, and I've brought up how Doop voting for Rockin was weak in that light. The other two "Can Go" players are Nabe and Maven, inactive slots.

The next two are Pythag and Doop, one of which is scum. In a hypothetical where JeXs is scum, this could mean that the Pythag push was a group effort meant to mislead town, but I'm not sure if I buy that. I also don't buy that JeXs would be bad enough to do such a weak bus here on two scum mates. So IF JeXs is scum, I don't think that we are seeing him bus more than one team mate here.

Yes that throws off my theory. I still lean towards Utopian being scum given reactions, but I admit that JeXs fits the profile after this read post. Just doesn't have the stronger Pythag connections.
Also dug up this post from me Re: JeXs, and it makes Spak stink even further. Curious how both JeXs and Spak made sure to have Pythag listed as scum, yet Spak not only doesn't question scum, he even responds to Pythag without issues.

Top Bottom