• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DGames Summer Mafia Bash - Day 2 Begins. Deadline Day 2 begins - Deadline 8:00 A.M. CST Monday 6/24

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I do feel that we should keep in mind the Jex hammer along with his play. I don't think he's a play today but I do think we should keep our eyes on him.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
I do feel that we should keep in mind the Jex hammer along with his play. I don't think he's a play today but I do think we should keep our eyes on him.
I feel like the hammer is less important than the vote itself. I genuinely believe the fact that it was a hammer could have been an accident, but it was still a super rushed vote. After this case against Spak/JeXs, I find myself looking much more negatively at it.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
I feel like the hammer is less important than the vote itself. I genuinely believe the fact that it was a hammer could have been an accident, but it was still a super rushed vote. After this case against Spak/JeXs, I find myself looking much more negatively at it.
if scum : it's an accidental hammer while trying to vote on the 8th slot.
we know that JexS said he counted, so taking that at face value, JexS knew he wasn't going to hammer,

Lore Lore ranmaru ranmaru
does this get deflated at all with JexS answer to the Kary's question of "why vote if you knew he was so close to being lynch?"

so you knew doop was that close to being lynched and voted him anyway?
Yup, I didn't feel like the JTB lynch was going to go through and decided to leave my vote on Doop instead, as I don't know how active I'll be. Anyways, it's not really a lynch I'd feel remorse over.
I can't remember if JexS ever expressed finding doop scummy though

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
EBWOP cursory read, JexS' had a null/scum tell on doop, so that's consistent I guess with his vote.

Even early on, the doop v pythag wagon he was ok with doop going, so the doop vote isn't out of NOWHERE
(though interestingly JTB tries to call JexS on that)

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
No, since he was fine with possibly ending the day instead of waiting for JTB to catch up as he posted saying he was going to make a big post. I would expect him to be interested in that if he was scum reading him.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
if scum : it's an accidental hammer while trying to vote on the 8th slot.
we know that JexS said he counted, so taking that at face value, JexS knew he wasn't going to hammer,

Lore Lore ranmaru ranmaru
does this get deflated at all with JexS answer to the Kary's question of "why vote if you knew he was so close to being lynch?"

I can't remember if JexS ever expressed finding doop scummy though
JeXs explicitly had Doop as a scum read.

The answer also does not deflate my suspicion. The timing from Doop self-voting to JeXs vote does not feel like someone leaving a vote parked for activity reasons. It feels like a rushed attempt to get on the wagon before a hammer, assuming it was reactionary and not coordinated.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I can certainly see that he is still present and scumhunting while under pressure. Rockin and Nabe seem to be the plays today, and JTB is getting replaced.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
I can certainly see that he is still present and scumhunting while under pressure. Rockin and Nabe seem to be the plays today, and JTB is getting replaced.
I'm leaning towards making JTB the play and Nabe being replaced, after further thinking on it. But either one is fine to go. I also value Spak more as a lynch too, but it's sounding like he won't be the play toDay if trends continue.

This inactivity is just so ****ing frustrating.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
To clarify, my priority is Rockin/Spak, with Rockin being more likely given thread trends of voting. However, I also am very much in favor of JTB or Nabe in that order, unless someone points out issues with Nabe being merely replaced. I just feel we get more relevant info from a JTB flip.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
To clarify, my priority is Rockin/Spak, with Rockin being more likely given thread trends of voting. However, I also am very much in favor of JTB or Nabe in that order, unless someone points out issues with Nabe being merely replaced. I just feel we get more relevant info from a JTB flip.
Is JTB in the crosshairs still, given the JexS / JTB interaction at the end of yesterDay?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
inactivity is killing the game. and honestly, we already have a scum lynch and TONS of info to sift through. as much as sucks for making links and whatnot, nabe is buying his way into lylo with zero means of building a legitimate case on him aside from being inactive, which is inherently fallible.

my gut is telling me that mac is right. offing him now might be our best bet, and it might be for the best for the super active (ryker, ran, myself, lore etc) to basically prod dodge for a while so that other less active players can come through without us blowing the thread the **** up.
That's what I'm doing, pretty much.

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
Vote Count 2:30 PM 6/20 Edition

Lore (4): Gorf, Ryker, Kary, Spak, ,
Rockin (4): , Lore, Pythag, Tom, Ranmaru,
Frozen Flame(1): JTB
Nabe(2): Mac, rockin

Not Voting(3): , Nabe, FrozenFlame, Utopian Poyzin

With 14 alive, it takes 8 for majority.

Last edited by a moderator:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Alright Ryker. I am going to try to work with you more. What can I do? I am seriously going to reconsider your slot.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Honestly, I'd rather wait for a replacement for Nabe (if they can find one) or wait for him to get modkilled. If we're gonna PL Nabe I agree that it'd be better to do it now rather than later, but we learn pretty much nothing from his death and we wouldn't waste a phase waiting for a modkill (since we have an even number of players right now and there are either no shots or two shots still out there).
Modkill ends the day if they're town, so we don't gain a phase in that case.

And in general, modkill ruins the balance of the set-up. Inactivity kills games and the best way around it is to self police.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Modkill ends the day if they're town, so we don't gain a phase in that case.

And in general, modkill ruins the balance of the set-up. Inactivity kills games and the best way around it is to self police.
I'm hating that such an amazing and stacked roster has such bad inactivity. It's ridiculous.

I want to back out and post less, but I feel like the thread will just be empty for most of the day if 3-4 of us slow down. It's annoying.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Alright Ryker. I am going to try to work with you more. What can I do? I am seriously going to reconsider your slot.
I will do this song and dance with you later, but first I'm going to make an offer. I do appreciate that though.

We have a game currently plagued by inactivity and we have a group of people I am happy to be playing with. I offer that we call this game off, let everyone who wants to continue to play into a new one, bring back our dead friends, and run a different semi-open set-up like this one for a smaller playercount.

I'm not going to play two games in a row, so if we play this one out, I wouldn't want to do another, but I am enjoying this game and would be willing to start over.

Thoughts (@mods please also weigh in)?

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
I will do this song and dance with you later, but first I'm going to make an offer. I do appreciate that though.

We have a game currently plagued by inactivity and we have a group of people I am happy to be playing with. I offer that we call this game off, let everyone who wants to continue to play into a new one, bring back our dead friends, and run a different semi-open set-up like this one for a smaller playercount.

I'm not going to play two games in a row, so if we play this one out, I wouldn't want to do another, but I am enjoying this game and would be willing to start over.

So a full mulligan, purging the ones who are dead?

I wouldn't mind starting from the beginning, since I replaced into this one. However if we do this, I'd like to make a suggestion.

Shorter day phases. Force people into making decisions, getting lynches, and being active. After playing this game, I feel like the modern DGames route of shorter phases may be more fun and dynamic imo.

I'd prefer to keep this one going though, but I also have a feeling that the inactivity might somehow end up worse.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I prefer shorter day phases personally, but also don't mind this length for one game.

However, let's not speculate about future games unless everyone involved wants to try again.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
unvote

the more i stew on it the more down i am for lynching an inactive player this phase. as it stands, the only two TRULY inactive players are nabe and jtb. jtb has officially replaced out, and is looking to be replaced (?), whereas nabe is prod dodging to get by. nabe lynch gives us ZERO, but it also erases a player who can coast to lylo and play alright enough to avoid heavy sus since people have their teeth sunk in elsewhere. that scares me. going after jtb doesn’t scare me. there are enough people who scumread him for his slot to not just walk off scott free. nabe can.

idk. this position kinda sucks

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I want to continue the game. We got a scum flip, I say we ride that momentum.

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord

Has activity actually been that much of an issue?(this is me actually asking not trying to be cheeky or anything) I know Nabe and FF have been really inactive and JTB(replacement has been contacted) has done what he's can when he can. If enough people are having issues then I think a reset would be fine, maybe with 11/13 and a few of the dead players could join in if they'd like.

#HBC | Gorf

i HATE the idea of starting a new game... but i can’t say i don’t feel you guys and id be game for it. and im sure marshy and probably kevin would too

#HBC | Gorf

Has activity actually been that much of an issue?(this is me actually asking not trying to be cheeky or anything) I know Nabe and FF have been really inactive and JTB(replacement has been contacted) has done what he's can when he can. If enough people are having issues then I think a reset would be fine, maybe with 11/13 and a few of the dead players could join in if they'd like.
maven/lore
jex/spak
doop
jtb
nabe

i don’t even count ff tbh but 5/17 inactives is really ****in toxic

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I erase Nabe because it's the only was we get to actually play the game. JTB could not post anymore for the rest of the game and you could maybe figure out his alignment based on connections. Nabe could have someone replace in right now with reads tailor made to pocket all of us who've been posting reads all game.

But if we're self-policing, we probably turn around and lynch JTB too.

And then we're down 2 more of the active town players from night kills.

#HBC | Gorf

obv clarification, lore and spak aren’t inactive, it’s just that reading them is unnecessarily more difficult because of the nature of having to have been replaced. jex less so because they played till they left, but maven absolutely

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
I erase Nabe because it's the only was we get to actually play the game. JTB could not post anymore for the rest of the game and you could maybe figure out his alignment based on connections. Nabe could have someone replace in right now with reads tailor made to pocket all of us who've been posting reads all game.

But if we're self-policing, we probably turn around and lynch JTB too.

And then we're down 2 more of the active town players from night kills.
****, this is a rough choice.

I'd say that maybe the mod could give a "free" modkill on one of the inactives, but that'd likely **** up the setup.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Essentially, my problem with this game is that I either leave inactive slots to burden other people and try to solve the game myself, theoretically letting a slot like Nabe win as scum for doing absolutely nothing OR I kill them and I die in the night or live in a world without two of Ran/Gorf/Mac and then I want to die.

#HBC | Gorf

another thing about lynching nabe for me is he’s ****ing prod dodging. we can’t just commit mutinyand throw him overboard. he’s technically following the rules. so we theoretically have to, too, cuz even though i wouldn’t feel bad in this circumstances, everyone calling for a slot to be replaced feels... idk, against the spirit of the game

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
****, this is a rough choice.

I'd say that maybe the mod could give a "free" modkill on one of the inactives, but that'd likely **** up the setup.
NO.

Much like my AtE thing from before. You RUIN games like that. If modkills hit townies, we lose lynches or they lose night kills. If modkill hits scum, they are ULTRA ****ed because their teammates are mia.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
another thing about lynching nabe for me is he’s ****ing prod dodging. we can’t just commit mutinyand throw him overboard. he’s technically following the rules. so we theoretically have to, too, cuz even though i wouldn’t feel bad in this circumstances, everyone calling for a slot to be replaced feels... idk, against the spirit of the game
He's technically following the wording of the rules but not the spirit. It's still toxic, anti town, and just plain unfun.

NO.

Much like my AtE thing from before. You RUIN games like that. If modkills hit townies, we lose lynches or they lose night kills. If modkill hits scum, they are ULTRA ****ed because their teammates are mia.
Thanks for that, I had a feeling that was the case but wasn't sure.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
This is why inactivity goddamn sucks. It leads to gaming the system and things like Lore's call that there be some sort of disciplinary action when acting technically inside the rules are a violation of the game if they actually happen. It's just when there's SO MUCH, it's a **** move to prod dodge as an actual strategy.

Top Bottom