• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy Kong AT: The B.O.A.T. Combo --- A Guide (4/6/10)

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
Yeah, what about B.O.A.T., but replacing the end F-air with a D-air? So it's F-throw->Dash attack->SH D-air?

Regardless this is all very nice. Go Ingulit doing all this stuff for Diddy mains!

sai_:)

Smash Ace
Cool as the foot stool thing is i feel like copter kicking could save fox. Not that you couldnt still kill him but the cpu didnt copter kick

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
what if you do fthrow -> buffer dash attack -> footstool? it would be inescapable, and if you set it up right, the da would pick up a naner and you could follow up on the footstool

sorry if its confusing
Yes, yes you can:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgHV92i3lEg

If I'm not mistaken, this is a setup for the PSNL. I *think* you can also start this by Glide Tossing > B.O.A.T., but I was having trouble picking up the Banana behind me with the buffered Dash Attack.

EDIT:
Yeah, what about B.O.A.T., but replacing the end F-air with a D-air? So it's F-throw->Dash attack->SH D-air?
This works too, but it does less damage and isn't as guaranteed. It is, however, a spike (obviously), and therefore much more deadly off-stage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUJkNhhKriU

DFEAR

Smash Hero
yea **** spiking off stage ITS ALL ABOUT TECH CHASING...too easy

MBlaze

Smash Champion
I really gotta learn this bdacus thing! You're sure they can't DI up or airdodge? This seems fishy because the opponent has a really wide range to DI on all of diddy's throws.. except downthrow. Either way, gauranteed or not it should still work on alot of characters.
You still haven't learned this ****, have you? Lol

Conti

Smash Ace
Lmao at the footstool combo on fox... I play a fox all the time, def gunna get him with that... n it doesn't work on falco? Hax :[

happytif

Smash Cadet
I'm having problems with BDACUS... ;( any tips? Like, how should I train it?

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Player-3, the D-Air might not work out of a full B.O.A.T., but a Footstool will:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2j46te338w

Fox CAN escape this through SDI, but if they don't see it coming, this is a zero-to-death.
The Fox 0-death looks fishy.... what about the Fox shinestalling to stall for time then Rising Fair so he won't be forced to use Firefox?

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
The Fox 0-death looks fishy.... what about the Fox shinestalling to stall for time then Rising Fair so he won't be forced to use Firefox?
TBH, I had considered that already, and yeah, that would stop it; thus I capitalized POSSIBLE, to hopefully make sure people realize it'll only work on someone who has no idea how to deal with it :laugh:

mdmfromdaridge

Smash Journeyman
Inguilt, could you possibly make a PSNL guide? Or add it to the snl guide you have? I can't get it going but I LOVE the B.O.A.T. > PSNL combo you have there, which would just be too incredibly for words.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Inguilt, could you possibly make a PSNL guide? Or add it to the snl guide you have? I can't get it going but I LOVE the B.O.A.T. > PSNL combo you have there, which would just be too incredibly for words.
1) I don't know how to PSNL, hence why I didn't do it in the video in the first place. Trust me, I tried :dizzy:
2) AvaricePanda made the SNL guide, not me.

mdmfromdaridge

Smash Journeyman
I didn't bother reading all of the comments, but for the characters that the original BOAT won't work for, could you possibly do a Dthrow and buffer the dash attack backwards?

mdmfromdaridge

Smash Journeyman
What about Bthrow? That one turns you around does it not? And if it doesn't throw to far then it could combo...of course though I think the throw is to far and I haven't tested anything I'm just speculating.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
What about Bthrow? That one turns you around does it not? And if it doesn't throw to far then it could combo...of course though I think the throw is to far and I haven't tested anything I'm just speculating.
I believe I posted that I tried all that already... But I'll try some more.

Oh, and I managed to use the Banana B.O.A.T. in a tournament yesterday :) They were all like "WTFFFF" kinda like the first time someone sees Barrel Canceling.

EDIT: You CAN BDACUS out of a B-Throw. I have testing to do >.>

mdmfromdaridge

Smash Journeyman
So if you can Bdacus after the down throw, doesn't that by extension mean you can just do the dash attack and subsequently the footstool and then even the PSNL? And it might also be possible that the throw may provide a few more characters we can do this too.

Also good job on the tourny combo. I can't wait until we work out setting up the SNL and PSNL. Good diddy players will just SHAME people if we can figure out good ways to get those. I'm gonna mess around with these BOAT combos and see what I can come up with. I have a feeling we might be able to pull a few more things out of these combos that will be well worth figuring out.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Uh, Dime, I'm sure that is just a typo, but you can BDACUS out of BACK-Throw, not DOWN-Throw. D-Throw will not work with any B.O.A.T. combo because you'd have to buffer a turnaround. B-Throw turns you around, so you can buffer stuff.

And yes, you could just Dash Attack and do the other BOAT combos with B-Throw, and yes, this will likely change the number of characters this will work on. I'll get testing.

Kaptain Kong

Smash Lord
To the SE of Port Town.. ..send - Seattle, WA
I believe I posted that I tried all that already... But I'll try some more.

Oh, and I managed to use the Banana B.O.A.T. in a tournament yesterday :) They were all like "WTFFFF" kinda like the first time someone sees Barrel Canceling.

EDIT: You CAN BDACUS out of a B-Throw. I have testing to do >.>
lol nice boating

i was able to do bdacus out of bthrow, its just a slightly delayed ver of fthrow -> bdacus

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
lol nice boating

i was able to do bdacus out of bthrow, its just a slightly delayed ver of fthrow -> bdacus
I said "I'm on a BOAT!" when I did it

But nobody got it :(

I'll work on checking the regular BOAT combos with B-Throw later this evening, and I'll post vids and stuff if it's anything juicy. From what I can tell now, B-Throw BOATs do work on characters that F-Throw BOATs don't.

mdmfromdaridge

Smash Journeyman
I said "I'm on a BOAT!" when I did it

But nobody got it :(

I'll work on checking the regular BOAT combos with B-Throw later this evening, and I'll post vids and stuff if it's anything juicy. From what I can tell now, B-Throw BOATs do work on characters that F-Throw BOATs don't.
Thats friggen exciting. I'm not gonna lie, I'm going to spend a good part of my next few friendly sessions trying to do BOAT > PSNL > Death.

mdmfromdaridge

Smash Journeyman
First of all, yes, I will try to get replays if I do it.

Second....

EMERGENCY SEXINESS ALERT!
I have something exciting! I was quite intrigued by a couple things that you have either discussed or that I have discussed with you. I thought about the whole Bthrow into BOAT dash attack, and decided to mess around with the dair. I would set CPU/run in training mode, and it would seem that I may have found a zero death combo.....

Done Towards the edge of the stage: Fthrow/Bthrow > BOAT Dash Attack > Short hop rising Dair (when over the edge) > Barrel Spike.

The dair, because it appears to still combo well from the dash attack tip, immediately puts them into a situation in which they need to recover, if, for example, falco immediately tries to use his firefox, you can either DI towards the stage and grab the edge immediately after the dair for an edgehog, OR you can fall down to just above them, charge your barrels and aim at the ledge, and then spike them while you recover.

I tested this against CPU/RUN falco, metaknight (although realistically i think they would get you with shuttle loop or uair), snake, fox, and wolf. All of them (MK aside) cannot do anything after the dair other then attempt to recover. The barrel spike i think can effectively elliminate any chance of recovery.

I'm going to go and get a freind of mine on wifi try to escape while i do this to him.

Lastly, it certainly appears that bthrow really does open up the possibility of the combo to more of the cast.

If i'm getting ahead of myself, please forgive me, it was just really exciting when i thought about adding the barrel spike after the dair sets them so far under the stage. If we have a zero death combo on a bunch of the cast....i'm gonna be friggen pumped.....

I'm easily exciteable lol.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Actually, I found that when I first started testing this... And it's already pretty common to do a D-Air > Barrel Spike. Like, we've been doing it since the game came out common. Otherwise, this would have been one of the first things I posted xD It's easily avoidable by most characters with a halfway decent recovery, unfortunately... and the D-Air is avoidable by itself. So really, it's just BOAT > Pray you connect a D-Air > Pray you connect a Barrel Spike

It'll work on new players who don't know how to Meteor Cancel, but that's really it. Nice try, though :p

EDIT: Also, this is a good lesson in learning how different a CPU recovers from a human. You have to be able to tell when you're posting new potential combos.

EDIT: FFFFFFF 800th POST BLOWN :(

mdmfromdaridge

Smash Journeyman
Actually, I found that when I first started testing this... And it's already pretty common to do a D-Air > Barrel Spike. Like, we've been doing it since the game came out common. Otherwise, this would have been one of the first things I posted xD It's easily avoidable by most characters with a halfway decent recovery, unfortunately... and the D-Air is avoidable by itself. So really, it's just BOAT > Pray you connect a D-Air > Pray you connect a Barrel Spike

It'll work on new players who don't know how to Meteor Cancel, but that's really it. Nice try, though :p

EDIT: Also, this is a good lesson in learning how different a CPU recovers from a human. You have to be able to tell when you're posting new potential combos.
Like I said, I get ahead of myself. I went and tried with a friend immediately and realized that the dair is easily DI'ed out of. If you can predict the DI then the dair will connect, but thats a big if. Especially if you want a spike.

Slighty disappointed, but I had a feeling it was too good to be true. As for the barrel spike, I thought back and I think I vaguely remember it from some video in the distant past.

Also, @ Xyro. Just thought I should let you know that 'Samus' and 'Xyro' have inadvertantly started to become synonymous in my mind. I frequently mix the 2 words without realizing it. Awesome for you. Sad for me.

Top Bottom