• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy Kong AT: The B.O.A.T. Combo --- A Guide (4/6/10)

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Also, @ Xyro. Just thought I should let you know that 'Samus' and 'Xyro' have inadvertantly started to become synonymous in my mind. I frequently mix the 2 words without realizing it. Awesome for you. Sad for me.
Lol meatriding, but tbh that's actually happened for me too :laugh:

I'm tempted to make a parody video of my main BOAT vid with your new definition x)

Player-1

Smash Legend
fthrow>dash attack>diddy hump?

I already tested it and it worked, except IDK if they could've AD or DIed up/away enough.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
as long as u do the upb immediately after the footstool it shouldnt vary really. also boat combo to dair off stage is really too good...

have u ever tried backthrow?

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
as long as u do the upb immediately after the footstool it shouldnt vary really. also boat combo to dair off stage is really too good...

have u ever tried backthrow?
Yes, I have tried a B-Throw, and it (in the form of a Boosted Pivot Grab) helps in the combo below on Luigi (see the video).

fthrow>dash attack>diddy hump?

I already tested it and it worked, except IDK if they could've AD or DIed up/away enough.
Well, I went on ahead and made a video for demonstration purposes. I think Luigi can avoid the combo in the video by DIing away from you, but considering you're using B-Throw, the Luigi might not be expecting it.

BOAT > Diddy Hump --- Video
All credit goes to Player-1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBgE1slWO1A

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
I'm pretty sure they can't tornado that well because you footstool them and ruin their momentum. Kinda like when Diddy gets hit right before he does his barrels, he kind of fast falls while charging them.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Note that B-Throw seems to be more consistent than F-Throw, if only because they opponent PROBABLY won't be DIing the right way the first time (if they DI away from you, the DA won't hit; Luigi isn't guaranteed). In any case, I *think* the B-Throw sends them at a more favorable angle than F-Throw, too.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
Im pretty sure this falls under the BOAT combo category. If your back throw is stale then you could back throw to f throw marth for like 18%. Might also work on ddd

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Im pretty sure this falls under the BOAT combo category. If your back throw is stale then you could back throw to f throw marth for like 18%. Might also work on ddd
Holy crap, this works O.o You can chain a B-Throw into a Buffered Dash Grab on Marth and Dedede if your B-Throw is stale (even just a little). I'll make a video when I'm done with the hitbubbles, but nice find (I've never heard of this).

EDIT: Omg, you can chain stale B-Throws together on Dedede until 18%... The funniest looking 18% I've ever seen

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
Another thing I've been working on is GT to B-throw to instant ground trow. maybe we can find something useful with this

Kaptain Kong

Smash Lord
To the SE of Port Town.. ..send - Seattle, WA
wait, after you throw them, you throw the naner, they spot dodge expecting a grab?
if they see you jump i dont think they would expect a grab
and also why wouldnt you just punish with a regular naner throw :p the naner's right there anyway

idk, i can't figure out what the idea is here :confused:

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
because instant throwing is faster than just picking up the banana. this actually might be legit at lower percents on certain chars if you stale the b-throw

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
when I tried it on marth it seemed like it would work. maybe it only works on tall or big chars

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
The idea is to use the Instant Ground Throw, like he said: Short Hop and IMMEDIATELY Instant Throw, which afaik is the fastest way to throw a grounded Banana. If you did a Glide Toss to B-Throw, the Banana would be right there and you'd likely hit them if you do it fast enough.

We need a general "Combos and Ideas" thread. I nominate SaveMeJebus to make it; you're making one hell of an entrance to the boards.

vato_break

Smash Master
Jebus is a very good diddy from Socal guys. i play with him all the time(he's my training partner) he has consistantly placed well in socal. so he does have expeience he just barley made an account. lol

Player-1

Smash Legend
The idea is to use the Instant Ground Throw, like he said: Short Hop and IMMEDIATELY Instant Throw, which afaik is the fastest way to throw a grounded Banana. If you did a Glide Toss to B-Throw, the Banana would be right there and you'd likely hit them if you do it fast enough.

We need a general "Combos and Ideas" thread. I nominate SaveMeJebus to make it; you're making one hell of an entrance to the boards.
tytytytytyty

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=187460&highlight=p1+chaingrab

:190:

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
yeah someone should totally make a "Combos and Ideas" thread. I'm not really good when it comes to using computers and I also type really slow . But I sure would like to share all of my combo ideas with you guys

Kaptain Kong

Smash Lord
To the SE of Port Town.. ..send - Seattle, WA

yeah, but the throw keeps missing for me... it goes barely over marth and ddd's head
that combos and ideas thread is a cool idea. i actually like testing stuff out so i can help in that way

Top Bottom