• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

**Diddy Kong [Old] General Match-Ups**

rvkevin

Smash Lord
LOL, I saw the Wolf Boards creaming their pants over Wolf's banana peel DACIT into D-smash a couple of weeks ago, and then JJ lost to Nanerz in a MM. *shrug* It's great for spacing and pressure, but not as versatile as you think.
Thats old news, JJ now can Glide Toss bananas against Diddy, so I don't think that matchup would play out the same. Anyway, JJ is not the best Wolf player and Nanerz is the top Diddy player so your not comparing even skill levels when analyzing the matchup. In the long run, Wolf is considered to be better adapted to bananas than Diddy is so that matchup is very dynamic right now. Item Toss can change the matchup though, its a great approach, using it into a grab is near inescapable...

leonin

Smash Cadet
Hello!!
I already checked the diddy match up chart and well,could u guys update it???
I see we have already discussed lots of chars but there is only a few overall in the top thread.
Need to see all the match ups possible,because they closed my topic about counterpicking diddy kong...:ohwell:

ADHD

Smash Hero
Hello!!
I already checked the diddy match up chart and well,could u guys update it???
I see we have already discussed lots of chars but there is only a few overall in the top thread.
Need to see all the match ups possible,because they closed my topic about counterpicking diddy kong...:ohwell:
Just go luigi, its the hardest matchup but you still need to learn to handle the bananas and there is no true counter, luigi is just the closest thing. marth is next in line.

Mattmiston

Smash Apprentice
Just go luigi, its the hardest matchup but you still need to learn to handle the bananas and there is no true counter, luigi is just the closest thing. marth is next in line.
you so crazy, chrome :laugh:. I always see you post in all threads about Falco-Diddy, and I can't believe you think that's an easy matchup, haha. I guess our playing styles are way different, or something, because we have totally different versions of a difficult character to play.

IMO, for me, it's anyone with a spammable projectile, or someone that can easily wreck Diddy's momentum. So, for me, it would be Falco (other spacies too, but Falco the most), Pit and ROB.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Spacies ARE easy compared to good luigis and marths. Just learn how to face the reflectors and mix up your game a bit, diddy has alot he can do to them.

Count

Smash Champion
Chrome, I agree with you. Good marth is way harder than a good spacie. I've never faced a good luigi but I take your word on that as well.

@CO18 most of us know that chrome is good, most of us also know that he is a brat!

But seriously chrome is good and I agree with his statement.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
wyatt, atomsk said it himself recently weve been facing scrub falcos. dont underestimate that matchup when u face people oos like at cot4. these falcos and spacies are nothing compared to out of nj

ADHD

Smash Hero
Chrome how come noone on diddy boards know that you're a beast?

Post your results *****
I don't know if this is sarcasm :urg: And ksizzle, I know everything falco can do to diddy I'm not underestimating them and I do get worried everytime I have to face a falco.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
NL pretty much summarized it. Anywhere between a 60-40 or a 65-35 in diddy's favor. Be on point or lose a stock, that's pretty much how it ends. Played chrome pirate 5 matches last weekend, won 2, lost 3, at least one win on each side was definitive.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Chrome is the best online Diddy player. Followed by Player-1 then probably me.

Considering he isn't just the best Diddy, but also one of the best overall online, I would say Chrome is probably one of the top 5 or 3 Diddy's in the country. Not just based on online play, but also because I've heard he is a beast in live play as well.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Good insight AZ..but we're talkin about ike lol. I would agree with u except for the fact chrome wants to sangbag me in friendlies but its alright.

no suspect not what i meant. I meant diddy is goin autopilot and an fsmash meets ur face.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Good insight AZ..but we're talkin about ike lol. I would agree with u except for the fact chrome wants to sangbag me in friendlies but its alright.

no suspect not what i meant. I meant diddy is goin autopilot and an fsmash meets ur face.
Or you get knocked off the stage and Ike gimps you by tossing your own banana to destroy your barrels before you get to fly anywhere.

Did that to Hylian. :laugh:

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
>_> Silence. I like my illogical logic. It's also part of getting to sloppy. Ike can knock you off of the stage quickly due to his strength, etc.

Player-1

Smash Legend

Flip and me are pretty equal online, back to Ile ^.^

Guilhe

Smash Ace
LOL, I saw the Wolf Boards creaming their pants over Wolf's banana peel DACIT into D-smash a couple of weeks ago, and then JJ lost to Nanerz in a MM. *shrug* It's great for spacing and pressure, but not as versatile as you think.
I think it is great as an approach. The jab is guaranteed if the banana connects, and you can get a minimum of three 1° jabs as Ike usually ends behind Diddy Kong due to the long slide. It is great for mobility too, going from one side to the other with only one throw.
DACIT -> Jab -> Pivot grab while still sliding is still nice though. >_> Seriously. The only other moves I can see an Ike using out of DACIT are Eruption due to SAFs, Counter because it looks cool (lulz) or Usmash. It defiantly helps, but I don't think anyone on the Ike boards has attempted to use it much yet......
Pivot grab! So obvious, and I’ hadn’t thought of that, I’m too focused on my jab. That’s a nice way to get Diddy off stage Nid!

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
the one thing you should be careful of against Ike is picking up the bananas. If you dash attack to pick up your bananas then the Ike player will catch on and hit you with a Fair. Try to mix it up against Ike and you can severly punish Ike if he makes the wrong move on you.

ADHD

Smash Hero
55-45 in diddy's favor. Ike outranges diddy, takes forever to kill, and if you make a mistake you feel it hard. If you don't make mistakes, nail combos perfectly, and edgeguard well, it's 60-40. But otherwise, it's pretty difficult to not make mistakes with ike's close up jab pressure game. Don't underestimate ike, he maybe be heavy and somewhat slow but he can actually do well at collecting the bananas. I've fought two good ikes thinking it would be pretty easy, but it turned out to be annoying.

Roxas215

Smash Lord
There doesn't seem to be enough diddy vs luigi info here. IMO i have more problems with luigi then i do against falco and wario. The sliding of luigi after a banana is really hurting me and his aerial game kills me. Any tips? Any cp stages that are bad for luigi?

DFEAR

Smash Hero
I think it should be time to talk about Pit >_< im having so much trouble against this campy character even more so than a camp ***** of a tlink/rob

white peachy

Smash Ace
I'm with Phillyrider on discussing Luigi. Good Luigi's are rare but really tough for diddy IMO. His lack of traction and aerial based metagame screws up diddy's combo game something awful, meanwhile a good luigi will take him from 0-30/40% like nothing. If the luigi knows what he's doing he's really hard to edgeguard/kill at reasonable percents also. I think Ike is pretty much done now.

Player-1

Smash Legend
We've discussed Luigi before, I think we need to go through the rest of the cast before we do the same characteres again.

DUB

Smash Lord
The summary write up things should probably be made too. I wouldn't mind collecting the data and writing some of them up if no one objects.

DUB

Smash Lord
I feel like we've discussed Olimar before. If not in this thread then somewhere else.

I'm fine with Pit

DFEAR

Smash Hero
this how i see pit vs diddy

arrows/edge camp just that alone makes the match to me 60-40 ive not have yet seen a pit get close enough up to my face instead they are on the edge just racking up free damage >_<. my shield cnt take anymore punishes from the infinite amount of arrows and i can only spotdodge for so long. when i approach they either ffshupair or just spam arrows or bair when i try to stage spike :\ very annoying match

60-40 pit

Tachyon

Smash Cadet
Cedar Hill, Texas and Hawkins, Texas (college)
Hmm...Pit.

Pros:
Arrow Spam/camp forces diddy to approach and mostly from the air.
Quick attacks.
Insane recovery (UpB can be gimped easily depending on the pit.)
Tilt's are pretty gay. (Ftilt gives me the most trouble.)
I think his ariels outrange and out prioritize ours. Not so sure on that.
Can gimp recoveries with arrows or his ariels.
Easy to rack up damage
SideB and DownB reflect bananas

Cons:
Lightweight
Killing potential.
Speed (Running speed) (not like it matters much.)

I'm pretty sure I missed some things, especially in the cons. I'm not to knowledgeable on Pit except for the matches I have with my friend who 2nds him. And the pros are mostly what I have trouble with versus his Pit. Banana control is going to come to mindgames a lot hear because of the reflects he has.

takeurlife2

Smash Ace
Hmm...Pit.

Pros:
Arrow Spam/camp forces diddy to approach and mostly from the air.
Quick attacks.
Insane recovery (UpB can be gimped easily depending on the pit.)
Tilt's are pretty gay. (Ftilt gives me the most trouble.)
I think his ariels outrange and out prioritize ours. Not so sure on that.
Can gimp recoveries with arrows or his ariels.
Easy to rack up damage
SideB and DownB reflect bananas

Cons:
Lightweight
Killing potential.
Speed (Running speed) (not like it matters much.)

I'm pretty sure I missed some things, especially in the cons. I'm not to knowledgeable on Pit except for the matches I have with my friend who 2nds him. And the pros are mostly what I have trouble with versus his Pit. Banana control is going to come to mindgames a lot hear because of the reflects he has.
killing potential? lol, pit's spotdodge goes perfectly into fsmash and dsmash. His fsmash is even better than diddy's as far as start up and cool down goes and definately kills earlier.

Pit has no trouble killing.

Tachyon

Smash Cadet
Cedar Hill, Texas and Hawkins, Texas (college)
killing potential? lol, pit's spotdodge goes perfectly into fsmash and dsmash. His fsmash is even better than diddy's as far as start up and cool down goes and definately kills earlier.

Pit has no trouble killing.
I know about his spotdodge into Smash attacks. That was why I mentioned he's quick. However I have not been killed by his Dsmash but that's either because my friend rarely does or just some ****** luck DI on my part (I suck at DI on Dsmash attacks for some reason. :( ) His Fsmash on the on other hand you are right about and sorry I overlooked that. I'm not used to Pit's smash because my friend spams his tilts and does gimp kills a lot with Pit.

Well....With that being said I'd have say Pit gives diddy a run for his money at probably 65:35 or 70:30. Stupid Pit.

Player-1

Smash Legend
I know about his spotdodge into Smash attacks. That was why I mentioned he's quick. However I have not been killed by his Dsmash but that's either because my friend rarely does or just some ****** luck DI on my part (I suck at DI on Dsmash attacks for some reason. :( ) His Fsmash on the on other hand you are right about and sorry I overlooked that. I'm not used to Pit's smash because my friend spams his tilts and does gimp kills a lot with Pit.

Well....With that being said I'd have say Pit gives diddy a run for his money at probably 65:35 or 70:30. Stupid Pit.
There's no way it's over 60% for Pit, can't explain right now as to why, I have school.

Top Bottom