• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Diddy Kong Social Thread

fill

20EggsEggs
isn't that what happened to the ice climbers, they were good, had chain grabs, but then received buffs in brawl.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
isn't that what happened to the ice climbers, they were good, had chain grabs, but then received buffs in brawl.
Chain grabs where unfortunately one of the very few aspects of Melee that returned to Brawl. Where it not for that, the buffs Ice Climbers got would've been justified. Let's not jump to conclusions yet. Diddy's Bananas are nearly not as broken as the Ice Climber's chain grabs.

fill

20EggsEggs
Chain grabs where unfortunately one of the very few aspects of Melee that returned to Brawl. Where it not for that, the buffs Ice Climbers got would've been justified. Let's not jump to conclusions yet. Diddy's Bananas are nearly not as broken as the Ice Climber's chain grabs.
im not trying to get off topic, but do you think glide tossing is coming back? i'm mentioning it here because i normally do not play with items but diddy is one of the few that uses glide tossing on the regular with items off

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
I'm hoping the Tekken team is actually doing the balancing to prevent some of the ridiculousness that Brawl has seen.

In Brawl, it's clear that his team spent more time on the single player mode than balancing multiplayer, what with the sheer number of bugs, infinites and whatnot that made it into the game.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Diddy will be Top tier amongst Falco, Pikachu and Marth

Floor

Floor | Defiant of Destiny
NNID
SerPete
3DS FC
1736-3913-7675
Honestly though Diddy would be cut. He is taking up the roster space.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
why would diddy be cut? hes the only other dk rep, and has a unique moveset,

Xarreno

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Xarreno
3DS FC
1590-4746-0106
Diddy will be Top tier amongst Falco, Pikachu and Marth
What about Megaman and Little Mac? Or are you talking exclusively about Brawl? Also, what makes Pikachu so special?

Actually, now that I think about it, some things could've been significantly changed like how long the tripping animations take and if bananas could still be used to induce a lock. What if Sakurai made it so bananas could only cause tripping while standing?

It wouldn't greatly nerf Diddy Kong, but it would potentially bump him down from his top tier slot. Especially if he's reduced to a single banana, but that's unlikely.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Pikachu has been consistantly High Tier throughout all Smash games. Even being Top Tier in the first game. Marth and Falco have been Top Tier twice.

Can't say anything about MegaMan and Little Mac. But think out of the newcomers, the most potentially dangerous is Rosalina, followed by WFT (a slim, but fast woman newcomer has always been at least High Tier in each game ; Melee : Sheik. Brawl : Zero Suit Samus).

Think we can expect pretty much the same thing from Diddy's bananas in this game as in Brawl. They'll be extremely useful.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Hey, Diddy fans, I'm working on a project that you might have heard of called Project: Thank You Sakurai! (if you haven't, you should check it out) and I'm currently doing a poll to determine which characters should be on the virtual card that we're making for him. I would appreciate it if you guys would check it out here and vote for who you like. Currently, Diddy is very low on the poll and needs some help if he's going to make it in.

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
Diddy regular attack need to be nerf and those smash attack sometime they have ridiculus range sometime, the range are diddy are not the problem, are his how strong the attack are, sometime their impossible to get close to him, my thoughts of diddy, nerf those regular attacks.

Im very happy that the special attack are getting a buff, especially the rocket barrel. There ranged is better.

Dixie can look like diddy but, the most unique thing they can do to her is about her hair.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Diddy doesn't need nerfs. He already has quite some trouble killing off his enemies. Regular attacks and Smashes don't need any nerfs at all. He doesn't even have too many crazy useful / powerful moves. Only ones are really, Forward Air, dash attack, Down Air and thenSide B. Outside bananas of course. His throws are also good. But the rest of his moveset? Perfectly balanced.

LunchPolice

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LunchPolice
3DS FC
5456-0847-1584
Heh, anyone else notice they haven't changed Diddy's icon from the Brawl one yet? You can see it in the "for fun" part of the online descriptions.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Yeah felt that was strange to. Guess it's just a small detail that will be changed soon.

Another thing, none of his moves have changed! Only a few animations I guess, but the core of the moves is still the same. Gotta LOVVVEEEE that Olimar got his nerf with 3 Pikmin but Diddy still throws 2 Bananas! :laugh: :smirk: TAKE THAT FOR TAKING UP MY TIER POSITION LITTLE BIATCH!

Monkey Flip is also back, and it seems Up B is quite a good approaching attack. All good! Hope the Peanut Popgun also gets a little stronger. So far, the attack seems a little... slow. I don't want Diddy's game to suffer from this either!
Honestly though Diddy would be cut. He is taking up the roster space.
I hope you suffocate in an attempt to deep troath a banana.

Last edited:

DJ Arcatek

Smash Champion
Something funny I found just now. Go to 9:37 in the direct (The For Glory screen) and look at the bottom of the fight where the character portraits. Toon Link and Mario have their Smash 4 renders whereas Lucario and Diddy have their Brawl renders. Doesn't really mean much, but eh, I thought it was funny.

Xigger

Smash Lord
Something funny I found just now. Go to 9:37 in the direct (The For Glory screen) and look at the bottom of the fight where the character portraits. Toon Link and Mario have their Smash 4 renders whereas Lucario and Diddy have their Brawl renders. Doesn't really mean much, but eh, I thought it was funny.
I was just about to ask about that. It's not just Diddy Kong either: Lucario uses his old one too. Which I find funny, because they are the last announced veterans before the Direct. Makes me wonder about how long they keep Brawl-content in the game.

FirstBlade

Smash Journeyman
Diddy doesn't need nerfs. He already has quite some trouble killing off his enemies. Regular attacks and Smashes don't need any nerfs at all. He doesn't even have too many crazy useful / powerful moves. Only ones are really, Forward Air, dash attack, Down Air and thenSide B. Outside bananas of course. His throws are also good. But the rest of his moveset? Perfectly balanced.
....He certainly didn't need a reach or recovery buff. If the side special returns Diddy Kong will probably have massive survivability...again. This actually annoys me considering I would rather have a more balanced Smash game. The team clearly knows how to nerf as we have seen with Olimar (for the better I guess) so why the heck aren't they nerfing other top tiers like Pikachu and Diddy Kong? Oh lord I'm getting worried Meta Knight will still be broken. :eek:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Diddy didn't have too much killing power. And what mostly made him great where Brawl's physics. Look for example at how C.Falcon fares in Melee vs Brawl. sure, the knee was nerfed but other than that, it's obvious the gimmicks of Brawl just didn't work well for C.Falcon. Same for Jigglypuff and Mario mostly.

UnSaxon51

Smash Journeyman
NNID
UnSaxon51
3DS FC
0619-3482-4034
Switch FC
SW 1864 9526 0695
Pretty sure Falcon Kick was nerfed as well.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Falcon in general got a significant speed and damage nerf across the board. (Although speed might fall under Brawl physics.)

Diddy could use all the buffs he could get at the moment. Him and Wario absolutely benefited from Brawl's mechanics so going from that to Smash 4 unchanged would be a significant nerf for both of them. Smash 4 is looking to be offensive-based so they need attack power.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Exactly what has been said above me! Look at how badly Diddy translated to Project M innitially. He was quite a bad character when he was just directly ported from Brawl to Project M's enviorment. He started to get dangerous once his offensive strenght got buffed. And I do hope that is going to happen to him in this game as well. Or at least that his Forward Smash gets buffed so it connects far better. And am hoping and praying his Forward Air doesn't get any power nerfs either. Diddy will be a very useful and strong character if this is the case.

Also after the Direct, I really wanna beat Little Mac up with Diddy.

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
diddy is one of my favourite characters cuz he's good at trolling with banana's :p
He has a few nice buffs here and there for smash 4, so i guess he'll be one of the most picked characters

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I will play Diddy regardless of his tier position but... Boy did I LOVE that he was a Top Tier in Brawl :laugh: It's like Sakurai was saying: "Sorry people for your long wait of Diddy, here, he's ****ing amazing and has an awesome role in the SSE to. You're welcome! ^^ "

And the fact Diddy got some buffs seems to suggest Sakurai doesn't just look at the fanbases' tier list and makes his decisions based on that. Because even though Diddy was Top Tier in Brawl, his matchups where extremely balanced.

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
I always play regardless of tiers... It's just how good you play, not how good the character is.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Yo where's the Diddy love at.

I guess there really isn't much to talk about when he barely got any big changes lol.

Last edited:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
That doesn't look like a down smash to me, but idk what it is. Jab finisher? I dunno. Could be the end attack of his cart wheel getting a new animation.

Top Bottom