• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy Kong Tournament Results Thread

rvkevin

Smash Lord
Do you count smashfests/tournies with no entry fee/payout. I remember doing a couple of these with friends and I still have my results somewhere stored in my comp.
I wouldn't include them, tournaments with no entry fee don't attract the skilled players of the region so placings are inflated...The same goes for tournaments that are restricted to students of a school or only pay store credit...

rvkevin

Smash Lord
Want me to explain? Lets take a look at your results…

Tournament with no cash prize
Gamestop Brawl Release Tournament: Singles Placing: 4/30+
Best Buy Smash Tourney: Singles Placing: 1/36
Gamepad Smash Weekly Singles Placing: 1/22, Doubles: 1/6

Tournaments with cash prize
Gamepad: Brawl 4 All - Round 1: Singles:9/41, Doubles : 7/16
Gamepad: Brawl 4 All - Round 2: Singles:13/36
The Epic of Woodbridge: Vol. 1: Singles:13/23, Doubles: 7/12
Gamepad: Brawl 4 All - Round 3: Singles:17/32 Doubles: 4/11

It doesn't take a genius to see that placings for tournaments with no cash payout have inflated results. Going from winning to not even placing in singles and doubles shows the degree of competition difference between the two types of tournaments. We have all won our local college's tournaments or equivalent, but we want to see how we pair up with the rest of the smash community and not the recreational smashers…For this reason, tournaments with no cash prize shouldn't be grouped together with tournaments with cash prizes...

btb

Smash Cadet
I made it out of pools, and the tourny continues again in about 8 hours or so (12 pm probably a lil later). Here is a livestream if anyone is interested http://www.ustream.tv/channel/smashking92 I'm the only diddy player left. About 90 people registered, and I almost beat tyrant in my pools, had him at 100% last stock ><. He beasted M2K about a week ago if that means anything. I'll let you guys know how i do :) I play green Diddy if theres ever one on livestream.

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
Want me to explain? Lets take a look at your results…

Tournament with no cash prize
Gamestop Brawl Release Tournament: Singles Placing: 4/30+
Best Buy Smash Tourney: Singles Placing: 1/36
Gamepad Smash Weekly Singles Placing: 1/22, Doubles: 1/6

Tournaments with cash prize
Gamepad: Brawl 4 All - Round 1: Singles:9/41, Doubles : 7/16
Gamepad: Brawl 4 All - Round 2: Singles:13/36
The Epic of Woodbridge: Vol. 1: Singles:13/23, Doubles: 7/12
Gamepad: Brawl 4 All - Round 3: Singles:17/32 Doubles: 4/11

It doesn't take a genius to see that placings for tournaments with no cash payout have inflated results. Going from winning to not even placing in singles and doubles shows the degree of competition difference between the two types of tournaments. We have all won our local college's tournaments or equivalent, but we want to see how we pair up with the rest of the smash community and not the recreational smashers…For this reason, tournaments with no cash prize shouldn't be grouped together with tournaments with cash prizes...
Woh Dude, I didn't need an explanation.. I understand. >.> Way to make me look like a scrub? ;P

I said Fail because I didn't understand before, but later on I did. The only reason why I put up such an argument for those tournaments were because they were from the first few months of the release. Nobody was good at the game yet, and I felt compelled to share my winnings of a release title. That's all. Don't take it the wrong way.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Be nice guys, we all play Diddy.

Results for me to add:
6/13/09 - Wings and Brew IV: Season I Championship, 3/24 in Singles, 1/8 in doubles

Ballistaboy

Smash Journeyman
6/13/09 - Wings and Brew IV: Season I Championship, 9/24 in Singles, 3/8 in doubles (IDK if you want to add the team results because I used diddy like 3 or 4 times)

In Singles I used all Diddy though

The Sauce Boss

Smash Ace
So yesterday was my first tournament in a couple months, now I get to contribute!

9th out of 49. June 13th West Bloomfield Smash Tournament (Yeah, they weren't creative with the name)

Count

Smash Champion
Thanks for reporting your results guys. I am not going to get anything done tonight, I've had a rather jam packed weekend. Expect a huge update tomorrow. Anybody who hasn't yet, try to get me your full results.

Sorry for the lack of updates this weekend, expect a big week of updates.

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
Yo COUNT its just a suggestion but I think it would be a good idea if you only keep updating the most recent top 10 tourny placings of each player, that way the thread wont get too crowded. Anyways you forgot about one of the most well placing Diddy's lolz. With the exception of the last tourny I always get at least top 10. But none of that matters unless its #1. I still suck..

-L-

Count

Smash Champion
Well I need results from you!

And Hanson and I discussed this, it is going to be a comprehensive thread. I appreciate the suggestion though. Get me your results and I will have them right up good sir :).

Player-1

Smash Legend
Well I need results from you!

And Hanson and I discussed this, it is going to be a comprehensive thread. I appreciate the suggestion though. Get me your results and I will have them right up good sir :).
first finish the rest of the alphabet >.>

Count

Smash Champion
Gimme all your results if you can help it. I'm sorry for the lack of updates, I sat down to do them last night and ended up having le thien critique a video of me and then discuss strategy. So blame him. Hopefully a large update tonight or tomorrow.

MBlaze

Smash Champion
Ahd dammit. >_< I forgot that I became a Diddy main and to put my results here. xDD I'll start from now on. :p I'm still learning him btw. D:

Mblaze
Singles

9/29 @Castle Smash V Please come M2K! April 25th 2009
25/47 @GameTable 6-13-09 >_<

Doubles I don't remember, I'm going to start to get my stuff together though in terms of my Diddy.......

Count

Smash Champion
For me, 17/80 in singles and 17/31 in teams this weekend. I was trash in teams but it was double diddy lol.

Big update coming soon, I've been working like ten hour days this week. So yeah, johns.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
1/31 in teams at Midwest Circuit Championship - Smashed in Springfield (w/ judge)
13/80 in singles at Midwest Circuit Championship - Smashed in Springfield
took place on June 20th, 2009

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
ChuDats Dojo: Yellow Belt - 3/13 in doubles w/ Plank (in the money), 9/51 in singles
took place on june 27th, 2009

Doubles win streak ends at 5
In-the-money-streak extended to 13

ADHD went to the same tournament and got:
2/51 in singles
4/13 in doubles (w/ Atomsk)

Count

Smash Champion
I got 1/08 in doubles and 3/13 in singles for a disappointing turnout tournament. (Sloth 2)

Update again on this tonight, I haven't for a week and a half or so.

edit: Updated. Let me know anything I missed.

Once again, if you have 2008 results let me know.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
2008 for me:
C3 on 3/22/2008 - 7/26 in teams w/ G-regulate, 33/71 in singles
Season Beatings III on 10/18/2008 - 3/68 in singles, 2/30 in AllBrawl Singles
Lancaster Landmaster on 12/5/2008 - 2/18 in singles, 1/8 in doubles w/ Quivo
H2YL Presents: Critical Hit 4.5 on 12/13/2008 - 13/71 in singles, 7/35 in doubles w/ DMBrandon
ChuDat's Christmas Biweekly on 12/20/2008 - 5/25 in doubles w/ Forte (singles was not held at this tournament)

That is it for me in 2008. Just 5 tournaments and like a 7 month gap between my 1st and 2nd Brawl tournament (where I did nothing but online play). By comparison I went to 5 tournaments in May 2009 alone, ROFL.

Oh, and Wakka did not get 2nd with Quivo at WaB IV Season I championship, he got 2nd with Quivo at Test Your Might V the weekend before that (the same tournament where I got first with Nope). I got 1st with Quivo at WaB IV.

boomshakalaka

Smash Cadet
yo yo i jus cam back from a tourney
7/5/09 - 1 out of 28 - PnT Danbury
diddy every round except 1 ganon

tibs7

Smash Champion
Stigma - B, Melbourne, Australia.
28th June 2009.
singles: 1/36

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Genesis
65/292 in singles
17/108 in doubles w/judge

sigh, streaks are all over now. Time to start a new one.

Top Bottom