• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy Kong's Barrels of Matchups~ [MAIN INDEX]

FelixTrix

Smash Journeyman
instant throwing is the best. people get so mad when i do it now. hahaah
then nerd learned how to do it and gets rid of bananas. :(

FelixTrix

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I pretty much picked up diddy after ADHD won Pound 4. I wanted to beat mk, so yeah. *shrug*

FelixTrix

Smash Journeyman
The diddy-pit matchup is 55-45 in diddy's favor. The pit boards are unreasonable and think it's either in their favor or even. Then I called them idiots and got infracted so LOL.

moyshe

Lazer Fox
NNID
moyshe
3DS FC
4442-1379-8655
Probobly the best matchup chart in all of SWF. good job diddy boards. And for that I will help discuss the GaW matchup and how much your nanners **** us.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
srsly...i want to post the next matchups...hurry up and post in the ice climbers and Tlink threads doods

Royal Nynja

Smash Ace
after hours upon hours of icys practice with hylian. i think the match up is even. The fact that if you get grabbed you can lose a stock with ease, unless they mess up and you've been spamming jump to escape. How ever if you keep them separated and your past 60% (i believe) then you can get CG by just popo alone and its just like any other mu.

My solution to ensure longer lasting stocks is get them split up then get nana to the edge and spike her. Its relatively easy since she has little to no DI. With diddys bananas it shouldnt be a problem at all. BUT just like icys you cant mess up cause you'll get grabbed :(

Its almost a coin toss in my opinion.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
dunno still think diddy has a slight advantage just cause bananas mess them up so much and force dropping is cool too in cg's

mdmfromdaridge

Smash Journeyman
I feel like this thread should be moving a lot faster. Also we should start next chars soon.

EDIT: You should add the best info under each match up OP. That way it's easier to find.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
or you can click the link and read the thread for various options towards a matchup. i still think ice climbers and tlink needs more posts.

professor mgw

Smash Champion
NNID
Prof3ssorMGW
~ Will you be updating the MU threads for each character with a summary? This way I get the most important info out of what I'm reading and not just reading through every single post.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
~ Will you be updating the MU threads for each character with a summary? This way I get the most important info out of what I'm reading and not just reading through every single post.
when every
important
matchup is done with of course

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
instant throwing is the best. people get so mad when i do it now. hahaah
then nerd learned how to do it and gets rid of bananas. :(
When I get this down, I swear I'll eat your children on Frigate Orpheon Felix, I'll geeeeet you if it's the last thing I do! And you know how I play w/ bananas. :chuckle:

mdmfromdaridge

Smash Journeyman
Can we do sheik in the next batch of MU's? I got reamed by a sheik player at my last tourney and I'm still unsure as to whether it's because I played like a scrub that day, or if I really just had a character disadvantage and didn't know how to handle it.

mdmfromdaridge

Smash Journeyman
We really need to get numbers up here for every character before we continue specific character discussion. Just now I was making chart comparisons to find a possible secondary to cover bad match ups, and not only does our chart lack numbers for more than half the cast, but the Falco, Marth, and Olimar boards all have complete numbers even if they haven't done specific discussion's yet.

That being said, it would be wise to AT LEAST get the advantage ratios up for every matchup, that way there is at least the quick reference.

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
I honestly think that's counter-intuitive. It doesn't matter what the match-up number is, because if you don't know it you're still going to be bad at it. If we keep the current format, we'll know our 40-60s but at least know what to do against them. If we just went for numbers first time through, we wouldn't know what to do with our bad match-ups, and if you plan on picking a secondary and they don't have complete summaries, then you're at a loss.

Of course, you could always just get personal match-up experience without consulting the boards, or just find out your troublesome match-ups in general and pick a secondary based on that, but I still think the current format's best.

mdmfromdaridge

Smash Journeyman
I don't mean to shift our attention to numbers, discussing our bad match up's at a good pace is obviously the most important part, but it's good to have that reference. In the end it would be nice to have that information available, at least so that people know what match up's to practice on more. For example, someone might just assume a match against lucario would be easy just because we are the higher tiered character, but Lucario has advantage against us! That person, if they could see the number on the OP, would at least know that lucario can definately do some damage to us, and can play accordingly.

Nonetheless, I agree with you. I just thought ti would be good to have up here, and It wouldn't be difficult to gather the numbers anyway. It would only take a very short amount of time for some of the more proficient diddy players to put the numbers up for the match up's, thats why I don't think it would be detrimental for the OP to change. We could effectively have all the numbers up by TONIGHT if someone really wanted to find them out, and then we could continue our normal discussion. I just think it would be good.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Just an idea: we could all make a quick list of the characters we haven't discussed yet and call the match-ups either "Good," "Neutral," or "Bad," and then mark those characters with the most agreed-upon choice (like, mark them green/yellow/red, but not give them numbers) until we get a formal discussion for that character.

Top Bottom