• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy's advantages over MK are exploitable on more than just FD

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
We should look at what we can exploit against MK regardless of stage, rather than looking for stage specific advantages.

Like using angled F-tilts to beat aerial approaches.
I agree. We should make a list of all MK's main moves (i.e. Tornado, Dsmash, Dair camping, F & D tilts) and what Diddy has to directly beat them and even strategies to counter them. Then we could add that list to the match up thread. Any thoughts?

Angled Forward tilts beat MK's Forward air? I didn't know that. But I do know Up tilt beats MK's Dair camping.

:monkey:

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Well we should do some testing. I'm not 100% sure myself if Diddy's f-tilt will beat out MK's fair.

MK Move list:

Fair:
Bair:
Uair:
Dair:
Nair:

F-tilt:
D-tilt:
U-tilt:

Jab:

Neutral B:
Side B:
Down B (lol):
Up B:

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
Angled Forward tilts beat MK's Forward air? I didn't know that. But I do know Up tilt beats MK's Dair camping.
It doesn't beat aerial attacks per se, but if you're able to anticipate an approach from the air, you can usually intercept it with an upward-angled F-tilt. I've mostly used this technique as a device to keep people grounded; it also has the added bonus of re-spacing them back into peanut arc range, where you can proceed to confuse most opponents with back-to-back F-tilts and peanuts.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Hmm.
Even so, we have to look at every aspect of MK's 'Transcended Priority' and weigh the advantages and disadvantages.

As far as I understand, as long as an attack has greater range than MK, it will win, otherwise it will never clank and MK will always win.

Also, reading Overswarm Vs. AlphaZealot debates has revealed to me more things to consider.

For example, beating MK's fair with a thrown banana.

Given the properties of transcended priority, the Banana should always win. However, the fair (like all aerials) has item catch frames. So it's a matter of deciding whether the catch frame window is large or small enough to make a difference.

Top Bottom