• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Directional Influence - Episode 55 - The Final Episode

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Episode 47 - Back in Your Ear Canals (10/25/11)
Listen in!
Oh, hey, didn't see you there? Wait, who are we? We're Directional Influence...you don't remember us? Well, whatever. The hiatus is over, so Rapture and Will are back online bringing you new episodes of DI whether you like it or not. This week, we discuss the return of the show, the recent Concentrate II tournament, and have a special interview with vVv Gaming's resident South American Smasher, Zero.

Dyclone

Smash Ace
I've only listened to a few episodes of Directional Influence and I think they're fun to listen to. I hope I find some time to listen to more.

damon2salvatore

Smash Rookie
Oh shi-, it got stickied.

Anyways, Episode 10 is actually going to be pretty awesome if all plans go accordingly. I think everyone will enjoy the special guests we have planned to appear.
I have watched episode 10 and that was amazing to watch. It's really pretty.......:bee:

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Episode 48 - Ball So Hard (11/1/11)
Listen in!
Unfortunately, the DI crew was unable to record a new episode in part because of the holiday weekend, but because we're sticking to the weekly schedule as we should be, Rapture has compiled an episode of clips from episodes across Directional Influence's existence, including the very first episode we recorded back in August of 2010. We hope you enjoy this compilation of DI moments.

In order:
"Advice from Top Players" - "I Don't Want Any of Your F***ing Nog" Episode 13
"Dodgeball" - "Rules to Live By" Episode 1
"Will's Dead Bodies [Feat. Doom]" - "Dead Bodies, Dead Bodies Everywhere" Episode 6
"Rapture on the BBR Match-Up Chart" - "Of Mice and Matchups" Episode 22
"The Rave Story [Feat. DMG]" - "Sodium Levels Rising" Episode 25
"Rapture Hates on Sonic [Feat. The Project M Crew]" - "They Think We're Crazy" Episode 20
"Saltiness and Low Tiers [Feat. Multiple Guests]" - "DMG's Johns" Episode 26
"Bathroom Accidents" - "Bathroom Beatbox" Episode 31
"Jband and Rhode Island [Feat. Leap of Faith]" - "Posse Cut" Episode 42
"New Jersey Roadways [Feat. Delta-Cod]" - "I Can't Drive At All" Episode 45
"Guest Outro [Feat. Multiple Guests]" - "They Think We're Crazy" Episode 20

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Episode 49 – Posse Cut 2 (11/8/11)
Listen in!
This week on Directional Influence, Will and Rapture bring on a ton of guests to talk about the post-Metaknight-ban metagame, guests hailing from the realm of high, mid, and low-tier characters that may or may not have a chance at thriving without Metaknight. We also discuss the overall singles and doubles metagame without Metaknight, as well as the community itself. Featured on the show are Jtails, Nakat, Nicole, Ripple, MJG, vVv Chibosempai, and Teevee. Unfortunately, Ripple's connection seemed to get the best of him, so some of his parts had to be cut out.

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Episode 50 - The Giving of Thanks (11/22/11)
Listen in!
As the holiday season goes on, PD and Rapture decide to stray from the topic of Smash for a bit and discuss some recent releases, namely The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, and The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. We go off on so many tangents, we end up discussing topics like the launch window for the Wii U, the usefulness of the design of the Gamecube, and so much more. We also take some time to give thanks, as is tradition for this time of year.

Skyward Sword
So far I've only played to getting the 3rd tablet and I really need to say Fi < Midna. Fi aint got no character. So robotic and pulls numbers out of nowhere. The story is so linear... At least so far. Mainly comparing her to Midna because Midna's the best Navi replacement

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Episode 51 - Fight For Your Right To Fight (12/6/11)
Listen in!
This week on Directional Influence, the whole gang is here! Rapture, PD, and Will jump in with a recap of Xanadu, in which first-place in Brawl singles went to Vinnie, as well as discussion on PolyBrawl 6 and the upcoming Metaknight banned, singles-only event in New Jersey, Concentrate III. After that, the crew weighs in on the "FGC vs. eSports" debate. Can the fighting game community and "eSports leagues" like MLG ever cooperate? What is the future of the FGC? And how does the Smash community fit into all of this? That and more on this week's Directional Influence!

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Episode 52 - What If We All Became Cyber Super-Jocks? (12/20/11)
Listen in!
This week on Directional Influence, the eSports vs. FGC debate returns to the show, but with a twist. We take out our trusty What If? machine, which we've never used or referred to ever before, and ask it the question, "What if major eSports leagues do pick up a fighting game(s)?" We take a look at the possibilities, positives, and negatives of what seems to be a possible future for the fighting game community. Guest co-host Doom of Juice Gaming joins Rapture to discuss this topic with CEO's Alex Jebailey.

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Episode 53 - Land of the Free (1/13/2012)
Listen in!
Another year, another episode of Directional Influence! This week, Rapture is joined by Doom and Diem of Juice Gaming to cover the events of this past weekend at Apex 2012, Smash's biggest tournament ever and the first Road to EVO qualifier of the year. We discuss the best and worst of the event, the mixing of the Smash and FGC, and much more. We also cover a certain Smash 4 leak that has, apparently, characters to be included in the sequel to Brawl, then we wrap up the show with discussion of Rain's Sun Rise Tournament in Tokyo, Japan this upcoming August.

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Episode 54 - Grandmaster (2/1/2012)
Listen in!
This week on Directional Influence, Rapture sits down with Allied of Juice Gaming to talk about his Smash career, his current play in Starcraft 2, his sickness and current life situation, and much more. Listen in for an in-depth interview with the one and only Allied himself.

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Episode 55 - The Finale (2/9/2012)
Listen in!

Well, it's all come down to this, really. As it stands, Directional Influence ceases production after this episode - our 55th episode will also be our last. No more weekly interviews or updates, anything like that. There won't be any Directional Influence anymore.

And that's terribly hard to say coming from the guy who started this thing up a year and a half ago. All I wanted to do was to bring content to the Smash community and I think I did just that.

Our thoughts are better explained in the show, so I really hope you all tune in for this episode. We cover Revival of Salt before getting into the real business side of things. And it was a hard show to record, trust us. There was a lot in me that wanted to reverse my decision and plan out Episode 56, but the fact of the matter is that we wanted to end on a good note and this, in our collective opinion, was our best opportunity. We're all moving on, so we're leaving up to the legacy of Directional Influence to keep working.

We hope that you all enjoyed our show, and we can't thank all of our fans enough for supporting us since August of 2010. And a very special thank you to all the guests that joined us at one point or another. I got to meet so many amazing people through this show, it's almost unreal thinking about it.

With the gap left by Directional Influence's end, we hope that someone out there comes out with a succeeding enterprise, whether it's another show or something like that. We had no competition for our entire run, so the least you guys could do is to give us some when it doesn't matter anymore. Joking aside, we're glad that we had, and fulfilled, a purpose within the community. And we had a ton of fun doing it.

One last thank you to vVv Gaming for hosting our show all the way through, all our fans for being there for us and tuning in, all our guests for being part of the show, and to my co-hosts Will and PD for being amazing partners and even more amazing friends.

We'll still be around, but this will be the last time that the music plays and I introduce the show. It's a hard realization to come to, especially for me, but it is what it is.

Thank you all so much.
-Dakota "Rapture" Lasky

It was fun

It's been awesome hearing the DI crew talk about Smash and random stuff. Hope you all do well in Starcraft or continuing with Brawl, jobs, college, and whatnot

Top Bottom