• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Directional Influence - Episode 55 - The Final Episode

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Episode 33 - Some Memories, Etc. Etc. (5/17/2011)
Listen in!
Directional Influence will not be as you know it next week! But this week, we discuss all of the changes happening to our show, our lives...oh, and we have GIMR and Apostle on the show, because they're cool. In all seriousness, we give the lowdown on a special trip, a new direction for the show (heh) and talk VGBootCamp and the Metagame Minute with the aforementioned brothers.

You can check out Stemage here:
Stemage's "Metroid Metal" Homepage

SPOILERS

Please listen to the entire show before you read this...though some of you, many of you, all of you, may not.

As you may or may not have heard in the episode, we will become a live show starting next week. We'll still be doing DI, but it'll be live. Rather simple. We'll still have guests, interviews, discussions, jokes, chats, all of that. We'll now be able to supplement all of that with video, my lovely face via webcam, and much more.

But we need the help of you, the listener!

Because we want as many people to tune into the show each week, we want to know when all of you think would be the best time for us to do this weekly show. Thus, we want you all to suggest times and days (EST, please) as to when you think the best time would be to listen in.

Please help us out so we can provide the best kind of show the community deserves!

Rapture said:
We will be going to E3
Way to GO! You guys are so lucky. Can you interview whoever's making Smash4? I want to hear what they want to make the next game into

Link to the vVv youtube channel?

TSM ZeRo

Banned via Administration
Excellent episode!

Interesting story from VGBC, and, personally, I love the Metagame minute, good stuff GIMR and Apostle! The quality of your videos on YouTube is AMAZING! Which recorder do you guys use on Ally vs Trela on Whobo3? Amazing match, and quality!

Keep it up guys!

I'm extremely hyped for the NEW Directional Influence, like, cmon, this is amazing! I'm very glad that Rapture and Will are going to E3 this year (" ***** Chibo" ahahahahah) I couldn't ask for better persons to attend the E3! You guys are like my heros! (Rapture and Will <3) I want to know everything about the new Smash, the new Ninendo Console, the exact release, the price, the new games. Basically, everything about the new Smash (OH also, if you guys can ask nintendo, if they're going to make the next Smash COMPETITIVE, pleeease) and the new nintendo console. I want EVERY SINGLE VIDEO of your Money Matches guys (50$+ Money Matches AT LEAST), and yeah, good stuff guys! Great idea, to release a Live Podcast, a Video youtube AND the normal podcast! Amazing!

Great ideas for E3, I'm excited for the event, and the Directional Influence episode covering it!

I'm excited! :D

As you may or may not have heard in the episode, we will become a live show starting next week. We'll still be doing DI, but it'll be live. Rather simple. We'll still have guests, interviews, discussions, jokes, chats, all of that. We'll now be able to supplement all of that with video, my lovely face via webcam, and much more.

But we need the help of you, the listener!

Because we want as many people to tune into the show each week, we want to know when all of you think would be the best time for us to do this weekly show. Thus, we want you all to suggest times and days (EST, please) as to when you think the best time would be to listen in.

Please help us out so we can provide the best kind of show the community deserves!

I think that after 6-7 PM (UTC -4 for me) is good (for me at least).

Also... good stuff guys! once again!

Way to GO! You guys are so lucky. Can you interview whoever's making Smash4? I want to hear what they want to make the next game into

Link to the vVv youtube channel?

The Channel is currently disabled due to copyright issues. But, you can check out vVv Gaming's Justin TV channel:

http://es-es.justin.tv/livevvvgaming

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Directional Influence - Live Every Monday Night!

That's right everyone, the brand new Directional Influence will now be live! And you can watch each episode as it unfolds from your computer and interact with the cast each Monday night!

Starting tomorrow, Directional Influence will be live each and every Monday night at 10pm EST, then ending an hour later at 11pm EST. It will be the same DI, but much more awesome, and live! Join in on the chat as the show goes on, ask us and interviewees questions, and take part in exclusive DI segments (more on this tomorrow probably).

You'll be able to join in on the awesomeness that is DI @: www.justin.tv/livevvvgaming

We hope you all tune in!

Also, we'd like to announce once again that Will and I are going to be attending E3 in a few weeks. Thus, we're working on doing the show as planned from the hotel, as well as doing back-to-back episodes the following days after each one of our stops at the show floor. We'll give you guys exclusive looks and impressions on the games we play, as well as interview people from the industry.

Stay tuned! And we all hope to see all of you tomorrow at 10!

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Why, yes we can!

Episode 34 - Live and Not So Local (5/23/2011)
Video: Click here!
Audio: Coming soon!
The first ever live episode of DI is here! Check out our first live show featuring DMG and dmbrandon, involving all of the latest KTAR drama, Will and Cable battling it out, Pelca-DI, and so much more! We even have plushies and dark chocolate!

TSM ZeRo

Why, yes we can!

Episode 34 - Live and Not So Local (5/23/2011)
Video: Click here!
Audio: Coming soon!
The first ever live episode of DI is here! Check out our first live show featuring DMG and dmbrandon, involving all of the latest KTAR drama, Will and Cable battling it out, Pelca-DI, and so much more! We even have plushies and dark chocolate!
The live show idea is great, and it was really hyped. Which is a great thing! however, the audio of the guests were extremely quiet, and they were really hard to understand. Also, I don't know why it was necessary to talk about Mew2king for 20+ minutes. 5-10 minutes are more than necessary, and ANTi and ADHD weren't even touched, and they were part of the issue. I would have liked, a 5-8 minute talk of each person (ANTi, ADHD and Mew2king), instead of 20+ minutes of Mew2king. This is my only complaint (the other being, that DI din't had the Metroid metal Intro, I loved that intro!! :)) with this week's episode.

Excellent work as usual guys! This week's episode was great, really hyped, and I'm really excited for the E3 "DI Special coverage" I Can't wait for the next episode.

[collapse="What do you thing about"]
[/collapse]
Where you got that? from google? interesting :)

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Episode 35 - Nyan'd (5/30/2011)
Watch the video recording / listen and download the audio-only podcast here: Video and Audio Streams/Downloads
Trying his best to keep his allergies from getting the best of him, Rapture sits down with Alex Strife to talk about Zenith and Apex 2012, followed by reciting some good memories from Uprise of Long Island #4, in particular why Rapture is the best in the entire Smash community at King of Fighters '98. Check out the livestream recording and the audio recording now!

Also, I'll be streaming this weekend at Search of Knightmare516, so be sure to check me and the rest of the tournament out this Saturday, June 4th! Then, after that, the DI crew heads to E3 2011, so stay tuned!

TSM ZeRo

I had to leave at the middle of the Live Stream, I'm sorry :(.

The episode was GREAT, extremely interesting. IMO, Alex Strife has been the best guest so far. I'm EXTREMELY HYPED FOR APEX 2012, EXTREMELY.

Where is Will, Dakota? We want more Will :)

Alex's comment it's really "strong", and I agree 100%. If the people who make tournaments, get tired of doing it, "we're dead". :(. We need to support, and make the TO's Happy! :D We need to support VGBC also!

Also, Anti's attitude is horrible, and I'm extremely dissapointed with him, ADHD, and Mew2King. They should be banned for the next national tournament, I don't know why they got a warning, a warning is not going to stop their behavior. I love those players, but their attitude and behavior towards the competitive smash community and tournaments, is horrible. Splitting, forfeiting and bracket manipulation, should NOT be allowed anymore in a Smash Community or ANY other competitive gaming community, period.

Excellent episode, really entertaining!

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Tune in tonight at 10 pm Est for DI live from California, where myself and Will may even be joined by Rich Brown at our hotel room to discuss so much E3 goodness!

To tune in, hit up www.justin.tv/livevvvgaming

Plus, stay tuned for videos, pictures, impressions, and more from E3 throughout the week!

:phone:

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Episode 36 - The Night Before (6/6/2011)
Watch This Episode!

This week on DI, Will and Rapture have made it to California and Rich Brown heads to their hotel room to join them for Episode 36, just before the official start of E3 2011. Utilizing Rapture's awesome LG Optimus Android phone, since the hotel internet sucks something else, the trio discuss their predictions, hopes, dreams, and the reality of, both Nintendo's press conference and the E3 conference in general. The crew also leaves the hotel room for a bit before giving you all an exclusive grudge rematch between the Olimar from SoCal and the DK from Long Island.

Stay tuned for more coverage from DI on E3 as the week progresses. Check out all of our pictures and videos and whatnot on Facebook. I have an album open to the public you can check out here:
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...set/?set=a.10150272639466934.383121.712891933

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Episode 37 - To Hell and Back (6/14/2011)
Watch This Episode!

Will and Dakota have returned from the West Coast to bring back their impressions of E3 2011. We got our hands on the latest technology and games that the industry provided us, so we couldn't think of anything else but fill all of you in on our trip! We got to play the Wii U, but was it good? What was our favorite game? Did some things disappoint us? How hot were those booth babes? You'll find out all of that and more on this week's stacked episode!

vVv RedVsBlue

Smash Rookie
vVv Gaming's The Losers Bracket: Round 71

Hello, Smashers! This is vVv RedVsBlue, one of the co-hosts of vVv Gaming's The Losers Bracket. I came by to let you know that we have an exclusive interview with the host of our Smash Brothers podcast, Directional Influence, our very own vVv Rapture. He was at E3 and gives us some unique insight of what's to come from Nintendo!

"MLG Columbus was viewed on stream more than 22.5 million times by over 450,000 viewers. The game has been changed and this week The Loser's Bracket crew discusses not only the incredible stream numbers for MLG Columbus but also GameBattles new beta and the 2011 E3 conference. Joining us to share his experiences at the Electronic Entertainment Expo is none other than the host of Directional Influence, vVv Rapture. Additionally, stay tuned for our feedback of the week as we discuss more about the future of competitive Black Ops."

More details here:http://www.vvv-gaming.com/forum/topic/50655-losers-bracket-round-71/

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
NEW EPISODE!

Episode 38 - Next Stop, Hype! (6/21/2011)
Watch This Episode!

You want more DI? You got more DI? This week, Will and Dakota are joined by Coontail and Ninjalink to discuss low tier characters and their metagames. Surprisingly enough, this is more hype than you'd think, and both these guests are pretty damn hype! We also chit-chat about some other things, especially about how Squirtle is so god damn cute and awesome!

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Hey everyone, just a friendly reminder. Directional Influence Episode 39 will be live tonight at 10pm EST on http://www.twitchtv.com/livevvvgaming

If you haven't subscribed to get updates, do so! You'll prob get SC2 updates as well. xD But definitely check us out, we need more viewers! We'll be talking Clash of the Titans 5, upcoming tournaments this summer, and more!

And if you miss the episode, we'll have the recording up for you to watch at your viewing pleasure!

Also also, quick question: Do you guys want us to go back to posting audio-only versions, as well? Or just keep going how we are? We stopped down audio-only as we felt like it wasn't needed with the current show being visual, plus the audio-version would lose some quality considering it wouldn't be supplemented by visuals (and a lot of stuff happens with the visual stuff). Please let us know!

ALSO ALSO ALSO

Remember to check out DI tonight, as well as the first part of my guide on starting your own podcast! If you've ever been interested in starting up your own show, feel free to check out the first part of the guide (more parts coming in the near future:
http://www.vvv-gaming.com/forum/blog/46/entry-5359-starting-your-own-podcast-1-concepts-and-basics/

If you have any questions, post or hit me up!

Alright, that's it. Thanks!

Alex Strife is the star of the show. Rants are so good. I think he might be pressuring himself too much sometimes

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Episode 39 - The Rant Episode (6/27/2011)
Watch This Episode!

Rapture is moving out of his house down to NY, but instead of packing all the rest of his things, he's bringing you a new DI! This week, Alex Strife and Vinnie force themselves into the chat to talk about Clash of the Titans 5 and the current state of the game. Is the future bright for Brawl? How was this past weekend's national tournament? Did we actually rant all of this time? **** yeah we did. Tune in to find out anyway!

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Hey everyone. I'd like to formally announce that there will be a brief hiatus for DI for one week, so Episode 40 will not be released this Monday/Tuesday, but on Tuesday, July 12th. There's that and a lot more here:

http://allisbrawl.com/blogpost.aspx?id=116852

Please check it out and read all of what is there, it's all important. There's another development beside the hiatus that is just as important, as well.

Thanks everyone.

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Sorry Twinkie, but don't fret, July 12th is when all the madness stirs up again!

Next week, we've got a pretty legit lineup for all of you, but I don't want to spoil anything!

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Episode 40.1 - Satisfying, Yet Crunchy (7/12/2011)
Listen In!
Directional Influence is back! Welcome to the classic DI experience. We're back in our old podcast format, ready to give you all the latest and greatest from the Smash community. This episode was so big, we had to split it into two parts! On this half, we discuss Yes's last tournament on the East Coast, Pray N Trade, Long Island's very own Anti taking on the West Coast at MikeHaze's E4J: Champion, and VGBC's latest episode of Metagame Minute. After that, we round out 40.1 with an interview with MD/VA's resident Wolf main, Seagull Man, to discuss his character and success. Then tune into 40.2 for the epic roundtable with dmbrandon and Alphazealot!

Episode 40.2 - Pro-Creation (7/12/2011)
Listen In!
Episode 40 isn't over with yet! Welcome to Episode 40.2, the second half of the ridiculously huge return episode of Directional Influence. Listen to 40.1, then jump into this episode, 40.2, in which Rapture and Will are joined for a roundtable discussion by dmbrandon and Alphazealot to discuss important topics concerning the growth and prosperity of the Smash community. This is the kind of discussion you all need to listen to.

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Episode 41 - Real Talk Commentary (7/19/2011)
Listen in!
This week on Directional Influence, Rapture is joined by EE and Tantalus to discuss the latest Smash national, Genesis 2. After that, they bounce back and forth between many a topic before coming down to the general consensus that tag at Smash events is really damn hype. Listen after the outro to hear some real talk from EE. Directional Influence takes no responsibility.

I so wish I could have been at GENESIS 2. GENESIS 1 was AMAZING. I've was there. ~582 players watching Melee east vs west crew battles and finals is an experience unlike any other. So wish I could have been there for the sequel. How many people showed up this time? MaNg0 def' sandbagged vs Taj in WS. He loses 3-2, but then bodies him in LF. Also, in losers bracket, MaNg0 had to fight the winner of Dr Peepee vs Shroomed. ARmada's win vs MaNg0 in GF was legit. Fox does better vs Peach than Falco, significantly. And if he did go Jigglypuff, ARmada would pull out his Young Link tricksies on him

I find it absolutely absurd that anyone could enjoy a MetaKnight timing out Ice Climbers at a regular gaming convention. It doesn't make a sense

I plan on going to KTAR6 and if I do make it, I'm so barely going to have anything of enough money to afford it. Summer hasn't got me much of anything job-wise. Anyone know anyone who could house/hotel me? I can pay my share of the fee

I'll also be at Apex3. Christmas and Birthday money will easily finance my spoiled ***. It's def' the THE tournament to go to. So well run

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Thanks Zant! And good stuff with that, thanks for commenting.

We had some mp3 troubles, if anyone experienced those, re-check the site as it should now be fixed.

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Episode 42 - Posse Cut (7/26/2011)
Listen in!
Rapture visits New Jersey on this week's Directional Influence for a jam-packed episode featuring Nakat, Keitaro, False, Seph and Pwii of Leap of Faith. As the smashfest dies down, the crew and Rapture sit down to talk about crews, drama in the community and the recent hype behind banning Metaknight.

Top Bottom