• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Discworld Mafia - Game Over - Scum Wins!

X1-12

Smash Champion
Day 2 Begins!

McFox(Lady Sybil Vimes, Vanilla Townie) has Died!

Mayling(Fred Colon, Town Closed Mason) has Died!

No votes have been placed

With 7 alive it takes 4 to Lynch!

A high society Lady and a Policeman gone, it truly was a tragic day for the Town of Ankh-Morpork. Who could behind this evil deed?

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
^Did the scum team just out themselves? :awesome:

vote: Gheb

Kill him kill him.

and then maybe kill Swiss/Delvro/UTD in that order from there imo...

Also those deaths are not the result of a vig - a vig would not kill Mcfox or Mayling otherwise I'll get Vanzaroo to bring Chuckie in and we'll run whoever the vig was over with a dodge viper (remote-controlled :chuckle: haha!). I find it very weird that Mayling died considering the hammer... also, I find it weird there isn't a compulsive serial killer... maybe they can choose, or have limitations... or they're something different... I feel there's an indy because of this and I'm looking at UTD... that or scum are blessed with multiple shoots which is unlikely...

What do people think of this?

Let's eliminate Ghebscum!

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
^Did the scum team just out themselves? :awesome:

vote: Gheb

Kill him kill him.

and then maybe kill Swiss/Delvro/UTD in that order from there imo...

Also those deaths are not the result of a vig - a vig would not kill Mcfox or Mayling otherwise I'll get Vanzaroo to bring Chuckie in and we'll run whoever the vig was over with a dodge viper (remote-controlled :chuckle: haha!). I find it very weird that Mayling died considering the hammer... also, I find it weird there isn't a compulsive serial killer... maybe they can choose, or have limitations... or they're something different... I feel there's an indy because of this and I'm looking at UTD... that or scum are blessed with multiple shoots which is unlikely...

What do people think of this?

Let's eliminate Ghebscum!
Cute stuff.

:059:

Swiss

Smash Lord
Like, Kat. I'd lynch Gheb. But I'd prefer to lynch Zac toDay.

Don't think he'll ever die at night.

Hold my hand and keep me warm, in return we can lynch Gheb 2mo.

Delvro

Smash Ace
Actually what am I thinking? Nabe is a MUCH better vote.

Vote: Nabe

Hate to break it to you Kat, but your lynch list is completely bizarre. I'd really rather not ask why you have your 4 peeps on your list. I'd rather ask what made you decide NOT to put Smashmachine and Nabe on it.

Also, there's no way we're going to get 4 lynches with 7 players left.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Sure is reasoning in here.

Swiss, if Zac flipped scum, who's second scum? Kat, or Delv?
p.s. don't say Gheb, that's the trap answer.
Gheb

I think Kat is town, trouble is I never understand what he says. Ever. Delv is bizarre, but I wouldn't call him scum by elimination, I'd be more likely to look at Smash. Unless you think he's town. So then Delv.

M'kay.

Can we just lynch Zac? Fanx.

Kat, if you think there is an indie and that Zac be that there indie, why is he 4th (out of 6) on your lynch list?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I don't know what the heck happened.
So it's lylo (or potential lylo) and there are 2 votes on me?

Wtf
Hey look, it's Mr. UTDWhack. Where have you been in the last stages of yesterDay? You were kind of under heavy suspicion and as soon as Kat jumped all over me out of nowhere you kind of disappeared again.

Calling a UTD / Kat scum team. Kat put UTD at L-1 yesterDay to gain some good distance in case of a hammer and him attacking me was a chainsaw defense for UTD. Making me look like the bad guy and lump me with Swiss to paint a fake scenario and to push a non-existent case toDay. Which also allowed UTD to coast through the rest of yesterDay.

Noteworthy how he kept his vote on Cello [which he kind of never got into detail actually] but kept pushing me and as soon as Cello flips he expects his "credibility" to be enough to push me. Obvious bus is obvious.

Vote Kataefi
FoS UTDZac

Kat / UTD
Swiss

Scum list.

Actually what am I thinking? Nabe is a MUCH better vote.

Vote: Nabe

Hate to break it to you Kat, but your lynch list is completely bizarre.
Who are you to talk? Nabe is definitely not the play, your scum list is bizarre and you don't even mention a reason. Yeah, that's hardly credible in my book.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Also would like to point out how Swiss NEVER had any issues with me all game. And as soon as Mayling and McFox - two player who very vocal to point me out as town - he fakes support for Kat's "case".

Opportunism much?

Swiss

Smash Lord
^ He only gets the support if Zac gets lynched. Even then he has no guarantee I'm not just a devious little man using him for my Zac lynch.

Who is this kid? Lol. Go back to school.

Delvro

Smash Ace
I appreciate the compliment, Gheb.

By the way, I see you're pushing a Swiss lynch again. So with your vote and FoS, in addition to you calling me "not credible" (whatever that's supposed to mean), means that you, EXACTLY like Kat, think that everyone except Smashmachine and Nabe are scummy.

That, my friend, is why I think these lynch lists today are bizarre.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
The Swiss/Gheb interaction seems odd, seeing how you guys are the scumteam. :awesome:

If UTD flips scum, I'd take Kat/Delv in that order. Town flip would make me look more at Swiss/Gheb or maybe Delv/Smash, hm. Kind of a different game now with McMay out of the picture.

UTD still needs to be the play though, it's not Lylo and we shouldn't sit around playing do or don't.

Delvro

Smash Ace
Ok, so first you say Swiss/Gheb is the scum team.

Then you say a UTD Town flip would make you look at Swiss/Gheb as a scum team.

Then you say UTD should be the lynch?

.....What?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I appreciate the compliment, Gheb.

By the way, I see you're pushing a Swiss lynch again. So with your vote and FoS, in addition to you calling me "not credible" (whatever that's supposed to mean), means that you, EXACTLY like Kat, think that everyone except Smashmachine and Nabe are scummy.

That, my friend, is why I think these lynch lists today are bizarre.
Just because I think you're not credible doesn't mean I consider you scum. I just think you're dead wrong about stuff. And I don't see what's wrong with having 3 suspects? Two mafiosi and an indy sound very likely so I fail to see what's bizarre about my list.

#HBC | Nabe

Ok, so first you say Swiss/Gheb is the scum team.
Yep, that's one of the possibilities. Before toDay I'd have put it at McFox/X, but I've been thrown for a bit of a loop. Just like when I thought TW was scum in DnD, actually.

Then you say a UTD Town flip would make you look at Swiss/Gheb as a scum team.
That's right. UTD needs to be the play toDay, and what follows from that is up to the flip.

Then you say UTD should be the lynch?
Yeppers.

smashmachine

Smash Lord
@mod: it's day 3 now
i don't like how delvro's been changing his mind too much, but I won't vote any1 yet

Delvro

Smash Ace
i don't like how delvro's been changing his mind too much, but I won't vote any1 yet
Why do scum always say this?

I'm thinking Smash/Gheb or Smash/Nabe. Gheb/Nabe? Ehhhh.... maybe.

I should really vote you, Smash. But I feel like Nabe made a scumslip with that logic-defying set of statements about UTD.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
You know what would help town get better reads? If Mayling's mason partner claimed.
How does it give us any better "reads"? That's not what claiming does JFYI. And even if that wasn't the case I'm against the claim. Having a clear in lylo is better than getting reads now. Do you feel like we don't have any good reads at the moment? Unless you think so, I don't see for what reason you'd be in favor of the claim.

smashmachine

Smash Lord
Why do scum always say this?

I'm thinking Smash/Gheb or Smash/Nabe. Gheb/Nabe? Ehhhh.... maybe.

I should really vote you, Smash. But I feel like Nabe made a scumslip with that logic-defying set of statements about UTD.
why do scum always say this :bee:

Swiss

Smash Lord
Smash if I were to tell you that you were only allowed to vote for Zac or Gheb, who would you vote for?

Give me a quick run down of what you think about each player. Say only four or five lines about each of us.

Nabe do you think Smash is town? I'll roll with your read.

Delv are you still against the Zac lynch? Is this only because you believe his posting restriction excuse? What do you think about his actual play? If we weren't to lynch Nabe then who should we lynch? Smash?

Delvro

Smash Ace
Swiss, I'm not really too excited about a Zac lynch. Right now, I'd be content with lynching Gheb, Smash, or Nabe. I don't think I'd be happy with lynching anybody else.

I understand if nobody else wants to lynch Nabe. If that's the case, I'll move my vote to Gheb.

Gheb, the roleclaim gives us better reads because we can re-read Mayling's posts knowing who the mason is. Roleclaiming mason DOES NOT give us a cleared townie. You should know that! There are mafia masons too. I think the claim would help. But if nobody else does, then whatever. No claim then.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
@all: I'm the mason :chuckle: Also job/ill is holding me back from posting. Also please notice all the superkatalingo references for our hydra account in Popcorn... in case people were confused as to why we were bringing up kangaroos.... lol. Also we both hammered D1 and D2 rather blandly so to speak... my comment "yes as planned" along with May's hammer was our coordination made public in-thread. Also cite May's reaction to when Mcfox votes me. I'll bring up more if people are suspicious... unless it's gheb.

Speaking of him, DIE imo he should be the play: Who talks about a non-existent vote? This is someone writing carefully from a scum POV but slipping u. I lol'd when you voted Cello after. Also read that reasoning... Gheb didn't suspect Cello any differently than a standard hop-on-bandwagon: his reasons for Cello popped up when he was different yesterDay for a similar reason geared in reverse. It was a scripted 180 from D1 to D2. He placed much emphasis on me and UTD and placed little actual interaction with Cello despite talking about him in the 3rd person on occasions and being more reactive for when they did speak as opposed to a scumhunter's proactiveness in finding out more info, and yet he wants us to believe he was different in his vote as a means to convince us he was Town and solo-thinking?

In reverse on D1 we see a situation where Cello suspects Gheb immediately, but then interestingly prolongs Gheb's death by making a trade with J and letting him lead the Town. This goes back to my previous points where I mentioned how I believe scum enjoy being very subtly encouraging to mislead vocal Townies in the wrong directions... (but always on a case by case basis =D...) and in gheb's case it's not very subtle at all but Cello's one was moreso imo - Cello goes straight for Gheb D1 but also prolonged this bus via the trade with J. You sneaky ****ers :chuckle:

I want to add that it's also very odd how Gheb makes the suggestion that I'm worried about his supposed questioning as something that is suspicious of me when he clearly states previously he doesn't buy my reasoning!

Gheb

I think Kat is town, trouble is I never understand what he says. Ever. Delv is bizarre, but I wouldn't call him scum by elimination, I'd be more likely to look at Smash. Unless you think he's town. So then Delv.
You are well gonna get beatins... :chuckle: Must be Chuckie syndrome... if you don't understand a word I say, why do you think I'm Town =? And why would you join Gheb with me?

Also I believe scum take priority in situations like these, so going for Gheb and then his apprentice eliminates nightly NKills =D whereas it's a possibliliy the indy killer, should there even be one, could be even Night, or have conditions to fulfil in order to shoot in order to counterbalance a small setup and this be less of a threat... I dunno... the double NKill has raised loads of questions in my head.

_

@Delvro: Nabe looks fine to me - Gheb's projections on myself and Nabe and whole situation on him skimming and all that rereading malarkey makes me more comfortable on Nabe. I would reconsider based on Gheb's flip but I'm confident. Why is my ordered lynchpool bizarre? Plz be elaborative!

#HBC | Nabe

Nabe do you think Smash is town? I'll roll with your read.
Yes, but it's gut. He's still being useless and I'm curious to hear his replies to you.

Swiss, I'm not really too excited about a Zac lynch. Right now, I'd be content with lynching Gheb, Smash, or Nabe. I don't think I'd be happy with lynching anybody else.
I'll just point out to you that this response doesn't answer a single one of the 5 questions that Swiss posed to you.

Delvro

Smash Ace
Actually it answers everything except why I don't want to lynch Zac. And to answer that one,

Yes, it is ONLY because I believe Zac's excuse. To try to do something like that is a ridiculously risky move for scum with absolutely no gain. And it makes sense. Being a vanilla townie sucks, especially if you're a vanilla townie a bunch of times in a row.

The only thing that really boggles me is that Smashmachine caught the fake restriction so quickly. I have no idea how to explain that. Especially with the minimal activity that Smashmachine has in this game.

Delvro

Smash Ace
Ok Kat, I like your logic about Gheb. Which is good because it's really the only one of your lynches I agree with, but that's cool. To each his own.

The reason I thought your lynch list was bizarre was that everyone was on it except our two hardcore lurkers, which I thought was kind of wild. It's not a big deal, though.

Gheb does look mighty scummy. I pegged him as town early on because I thought Swiss was scummy and he made a good case on Swiss. But when I pursued Swiss myself he was really unwilling to follow me on it. Nothing seemed to have happened that would make him change his mind, he just got cold feet. Cold, scummy feet. Couple that with everything else and I think we have a pretty good chance with Gheb.

So since nobody seems to agree with me about Nabe, here I go!

VOTE GHEB

Top Bottom