• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Discworld Mafia - Game Over - Scum Wins!

Swiss

Smash Lord
@ Kat - I could lynch Gheb with you. But I want Zac dead first. So do you. Why? You think he's the indie, as an indie he's DUN GUN WAN GOT A TOWNIE KILLED AT NIGHT so how about we lynch HIM first and leave Ghebtotallyobvscum alive for the lynch toMorrow, 'cuz this way only one townie dies at night. We can't stop the scum NK as there'll be two of 'em left anyway. Amirite? Imrite.

@ Smash answer the question I posed you in my #1074. If you don't provide content and this game goes to 3 man LyLo, you will probably get lynched and lose us the game. So if you're town, answer me. If scum don't worry and just sit there.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I want to add that it's also very odd how Gheb makes the suggestion that I'm worried about his supposed questioning as something that is suspicious of me when he clearly states previously he doesn't buy my reasoning!
Everything you posted up to that quote was kind of a pretty ridiculous "conspiracy theory". Lots of big words and nice looking connections - little actual content as a basis.
This quote is obviously nonsense as well and perfectly exemplifies the idea that you try to push a non-existent case to cover UTD - who still continues to coast with you carefully cleaning his mess.

Of course I suggest that you're worried about it, smart***. Even if I personally don't buy it it still affects me, you know? That should be quite easy to understand for most people. I can't believe you try to make a big deal out of even that and turn it against me. How many lines do you have to cross until people understand that your case has no logic basis whatsoever?

Ok Kat, I like your logic about Gheb. Which is good because it's really the only one of your lynches I agree with, but that's cool. To each his own.
Not so fast. If you're so eager to point out how you like the "logic" behind his case then I'm sure you can actually point it out in your own words, right? Because I'm fairly sure that you don't even have the smallest clue what he's talking about. If you did you'd realize that there is no actual case at all.

Gheb does look mighty scummy. I pegged him as town early on because I thought Swiss was scummy and he made a good case on Swiss. But when I pursued Swiss myself he was really unwilling to follow me on it. Nothing seemed to have happened that would make him change his mind, he just got cold feet. Cold, scummy feet. Couple that with everything else and I think we have a pretty good chance with Gheb.

So since nobody seems to agree with me about Nabe, here I go!

VOTE GHEB
Request @ above quote remains. You're playing quite pathetic now. Do you earnestly expect to be a help to the town in a mylo / lylo situation if the only thing you are capable of is to sheep cases of other people? Since you say "couple that with everything else" you sure must have a lot against me, huh? What is that "everything else?" More baseless accusations or wild fantasies about some conspiracies or for once something with actual content? If there is so much else to it, why did it take you so long to vote me? Kind of doesn't add here, because you accuse me of not following your case on swiss [something I'd like to see backed up too] but apparently the "evidence" against me is so overwhelming and yet it took YOU so long to follow.

You're currently being played by Kat, pretty badly also. I ask of you to read through previous conversations again and point out that "everything" that amounts to so much that you're willing to follow such a blatant illusion.

@ Kat - I could lynch Gheb with you. But I want Zac dead first. So do you. Why? You think he's the indie, as an indie he's DUN GUN WAN GOT A TOWNIE KILLED AT NIGHT so how about we lynch HIM first and leave Ghebtotallyobvscum alive for the lynch toMorrow, 'cuz this way only one townie dies at night. We can't stop the scum NK as there'll be two of 'em left anyway. Amirite? Imrite.
Ridiculous. Lynching somebody under the pretext that he's indie is super-scummy and - typically - a tactic played by indie's themselves. Not to mention that UTD's play doesn't resemble an indie as much as a mafioso [what indie would fake a mechanical restriction "for fun" without scumbuddies to cover him?]. If you fail to see Kat's chainsaw defense after UTD was almost lynched is beyond me and shows selective reading by you.

:059:

X1-12

Smash Champion
Day 3 Votecount!

UTDZac (2) Swiss, Nabe
Gheb (2) Kataefi, Delvro
Nabe (1) UTDZac
Katefi (1) Gheb

Not Voting (1) smashmachine

With 7 alive it takes 4 to lynch!

Deadline is 28th December! This is longer than usual to accommodate the whole Christmas thing

Delvro

Smash Ace
Swiss, Gheb is becoming really really really obvscum. Don't worry about what he says to you.

Case in point:
Gheb's sheep case argument. I forgot... who was the first person to get a Cello lynch rolling? Who decided not to join it after saying himself he thought Cello's lurking was suspicious? Yeah, that's what I thought. (Oh, and everyone should forget that I tried to unvote Cello after Kat hammered)

However, a good point, 3 mafia and 1 anti-town indie in a 12 person game sounds awfully unlikely, Swiss. I'm still not too convinced that an indy even exists.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
So because I criticize your current play I'm becoming "obvscum" now? Way to not back up your claims and confirm that you are a sheep.

Top-notch vig fodder right there.

Delvro

Smash Ace
Does anybody know if Gheb often gets mad when he gets voted as scum or as town? I've never played with him before so I don't know.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I'm sorry? I'm not mad at all. I'm a very apathetic person outside of smash. Why do you read emotions into what I say? Trying to nudge another null-tell here just to get confirmation from others on a case that doesn't exist?

You're supposed to lynch scum. Not the guy who's mean to you.

Swiss

Smash Lord
I don't really think there's an indie either, I just want Zac dead ffs! How ******** would you have to be to make up a voting restriction? :|

Like I'd roll with the Gheb lynch, more because of his last few posts than Kat's case which I don't grasp (am I really dumb this game or what?). But if Gheb flips town I am not backing down from a Zac lynch in MyLo/LyLo w/e it is and I want it done if I'm dead.

I'd still prefer Zac toDay, don't take this as me being AOK with ol' Ghebby's lynch in the corner.

And he's been mad aggressive as scum before, Idk about his town meta.

Gonna whip up a re-read and check that what I just said is actually my stance. brbrbrb

Delvro

Smash Ace
I'll tell you what Swiss. I'll reread Zac sometime this weekend (I'm going to be kind of busy starting now).

No promises.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Everything you posted up to that quote was kind of a pretty ridiculous "conspiracy theory". Lots of big words and nice looking connections - little actual content as a basis.
This quote is obviously nonsense as well and perfectly exemplifies the idea that you try to push a non-existent case to cover UTD - who still continues to coast with you carefully cleaning his mess.

Of course I suggest that you're worried about it, smart***. Even if I personally don't buy it it still affects me, you know? That should be quite easy to understand for most people. I can't believe you try to make a big deal out of even that and turn it against me. How many lines do you have to cross until people understand that your case has no logic basis whatsoever?
Little actual content, no logic basis, blah blah blah... I mean really, it takes no genius to realise you tried to prove your worth by actions completely non-existent! And it takes no genius to realise your thoughts on Cello and the transitions you made on him from D1 to D2 are false. That and the million other things I pointed out :awesome: Also Cello gunning straight for you and not pursuing (instead making a trade) is something I count against you.

"Even if I personally don't buy it it still affects me, you know?" <-- what does this question mean?

Let's proceed to kill Gheb now plz.
_

Also the NKs are just odd... I mean it could be a vig but why would they shoot either Mcfox or Mayling?, who both looked towniest of brownies throughout the game :chuckle: This is what's making me think the second kill potentially comes from an anti-town perspective...

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Should read JKsave, I don't think there's a doc AND a JK.

SK seems unlikely given that we're in a small but who knows. Someone may want to read Gord's D1 and see if there were any likely picks for him to have made N1.

I'd rather stray away from the indy idea and focus on finding mafia. Gheb is correct in that focusing on indies is a bad thing, although his reasoning isn't quite there.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
^That's fair enough! I thought there was this air of towniness surrounding Mcfox!

Curiously Swiss, cos I'm always curious :awesome: which of Gheb's last few posts do you not like and what in particular do you not like about them? For you to claim Gheb is "totallyobvscum" and that you'd lynch him with me, yet also claim you never understand a word I'm saying and that you haven't grasped my case at all... it makes me think you must therefore have some decent reasoning of your own that I'm interested in looking into.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Lol, hypocrisy ftw.

Him saying Delv is vig fodder is pretty retardumb. Smash is useless and Zac is bound to be scum. There are better targets. Like me wrt his perspective. In his #1082 he tried to say I called Zac deffo indie to be lynched when I NEVAAAAR did, and then from that said my actions were 'super scummy'. He just reads scum into my actions regardless of what they are. In his recent posts he's just been mad accusatory toward anyone that says anything him against him - trying to hard not to get lynched. Amirite?

Also 'ghebtotallyobvscum' isn't actually my opinion on him, it's just an amusing phrase. He's scummish to be, and his mad ramming his **** down my throat all game hasn't exactly helped, but nothing next to Zac. Zac is the guy that has been actively scummy all game.

Gheb will you take your vote off Kat if he's the only person that's claimed Mason, Mayling did mad buddy him. Would you lynch Zac?

Zac, who should be lynched, your content is non-existent.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
@Nabe: Me and may made a promise that we'd avenge each other's death and make this game quick and painless so I want to see Gheb gone over UTD first because I feel he is rooted in scum and his flip will give us the best chances in nailing the final scummie.

UTD made a fabrication as did Gheb, and when you reread and try to analyse their actions - one invented a restriction that is nothing short of a hindrance to their win condition, the other invented an action to look Town... to me it's the latter that comes across as more of an optimal scum attempt to blend in with the Town, whereas the former imo is too swingy to be a solid scum plan in terms of survival. That's how I see it atm, so I'm placing a wager we'd definitely likelier hit scum if we go Gheb over UTD.

On a sidenote I'd be more suspicious of UTD btw if he tried to continue the facade because it's a ridiculous restriction and one that goes into a gray area too often, so something not very pleasurable to moderate, but this isn't the case, so I think he is either a naughty townie undeserving of christmas presents this year (or in May's words: a bad BAD townie), or potentially a role that is in need of fulfilment in order to do things... I was thinking about the secondary killer here but again this goes into a whole bunch of setup mechanics stuffs. I'm still bitter about Mcfox and Mayling dying for there to be a vig :woman:

@Swiss: um, a lot of the tells from your answer just came out of Gheb's most very recent posts, yet you claimed you'd join me on his wagon before these posts. Your "obscum" comment was before this also. Did you have any of your own reasons to believe Gheb was worth lynching at this point? Plz b elaborate =p

Swiss

Smash Lord
Kat I already addressed that. Conditional on you lynching Zac toDay - I'd lynch Gheb toMorrow. Yes I think he's played scummy esp. toDay, no I don't think he should be the play. Obvscum was a phrase used for teh lulz [to you], not a stance on Gheb. This has already been said (#1102). Skim harder ;-D

I should really get round to this Zac case, I'll be highlighting the main scum points later.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Main irks with Zac:

#737 - refuses SCUM lists, not just town lists. (I then skipped forward to toDay - cbf)

The whole restriction thing was BS and I HATE that.

Activity in the bottom players, posts have NOT had content. Like I don't even know what his stances are. What lynches has he contributed to? The guy's just sat there doing nothing.

This is everything he has done toDay

I don't know what the heck happened.
So it's lylo (or potential lylo) and there are 2 votes on me?

Wtf
Vote: Nabe
You're last 50 posts have been:

Super tunneling swiss gogogo

The ONLY thing that can possibly be seen as content is a vote with no reasoning on a player that isn't a play.

Wow.

Delvro

Smash Ace
All right, I finished a complete re-read of UTDZac. It was pretty interesting, and there are some things I can't believe I missed before.

First of all, there are some things that I don't like about UTDZac. He has given us, like, almost no opinions whatsoever unprovoked. He only says stuff in response to people talking to him. Now I respect not revealing your entire hand to scum early on (this is something I attempted myself a little on Day 1), but we've been at this game for a good while and I know precious, precious little about how UTDZac feels about things.

He also never, ever explains votes. And that's ok... some of the time! But it's not ok all of the time. Sometimes I don't feel like explaining votes because I think it would be a waste of time because I have nothing useful to add. But by Day 3, you will know at least SOME of my reasoning for SOME of my suspects. (in fact, I don't think it's much of a secret who I suspect right now) We haven't seen ANYTHING from UTDZac. Nothing. At. All.

However, I'm STILL cautious about voting for UTDZac... and I can't believe I didn't take more notice of this earlier.

In post #907 he votes himself because he's still doing his controlled vote thing. Thing is, he puts himself at L-1. L minus freaking 1. And he leaves it there for an hour and a half and goes off to lunch, at a time when activity is high. Like what kind of mind bogglingly risky move is that to pull as scum? He put himself ENTIRELY at the mercy of town, any townie could (and Kat almost did) hammer on a whim, or because they're sick of Day 2, or whatever, and they'd get to watch him flip scum.

With this in mind, the only way I could believe UTDZac is scum is if he was partners with Nabe. Why is that? Well, about 30 minutes after UTDZac puts himself at L-1, Nabe unvotes and brings him back to safety (post #910). Thus, the only way I could see this being a scumtrick by UTDZac is him cooperating with Nabe, where UTDZac puts himself at L-1, then Nabe unvoting shortly after to remove the risk of a quickhammer.

So that's how I feel about UTD in a nutshell. If UTD is scum, then his partner definitely, definitely is Nabe. However, that self vote is seriously crazy and I don't know if I trust a UTD lynch because of it.

You'll notice that I avoided the whole thing about UTD's fake restriction because I don't think it's good reason to lynch him by itself.

=D

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Unvote

With no counterclaim I have to assume that Kat is clear and just playing like awfully off. Lame. So it's between Swiss / UTD.

Nabe, why does Zac "need" to go over Swiss?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Actually, it's quite the opposite, Delvro. His play is super scummy "hey let's continue to tunnel-vision the same guy for two days straight despite little actual hints at him being scummy hoping to procrastinate the lynch on a realy scumbag".

His mason claim does clear him though. A "mafia mason" does not exist. If it did then Kat x May would've been a lovership and Kat wouldn't have killed May in the first place.

#HBC | Nabe

So it's between Swiss / UTD.

Nabe, why does Zac "need" to go over Swiss?
What an odd pair of choices you give me. I would take you over Swiss, so that's not really a valid question to me. Here's the reasoning for Zac.

It's not Lylo and we shouldn't sit around playing do or don't.
He made up that post restriction, and hasn't been useful since. Could be town, could be scum. No time like the present to figure out which.

Delvro

Smash Ace
Nabe, what do you think about UTDZac putting himself at L-1 yesterday? Actually, Swiss's opinions on that would be good, too. I'm curious to see what people make of it.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Delv I think you could also see it from the perspective that he's scum - and as such knows there won't be a quickhammer on him. One quickhammer on an obv lynch wasn't much, I'll gloss over the fact he was a probable lynch.

Plus do we know he KNEW he was putting himself at L-1?

Bah I see your point, but that doesn't outweigh his ridiculous lack of stances and content.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Maybe it's just me but I think it's kind of frustrating that one of the main suspects does not do much else than blatantly dodge prods. In fact, Zac's last post has been two days ago again.

And smashmashine has to be replaced. A modkill now could put the town in a really bad position.

Request replacement for smashmashine.

#HBC | Nabe

Because you're not here and not posting, not in the amounts that you should be. And you're not providing any content, or even answering questions that are specifically being posed to you. To you maybe it seems like you're here, but in the scope of a game of Mafia, you need to be posting more than this.

X1-12

Smash Champion
smashmachine failed to post for 3 48-hour periods over 2 sequential game Days. He will be replaced, I am currently looking for someone to replace him.

Top Bottom