• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - Smash Wars 2008 Disputes and Questions

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
how do i contact my opponent? this guy iceburn. thats who i have to fight... if he doest show by 3 what happens?

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
Dave's Stupid Rule is not in effect.

Everyone: Yes, I recommend posting halfway through the round your progress in contacting your opponent.

If an opponent shows up at 2:55, he takes the loss, as that is not enough time to finish.

BlueYoshiPinkShoes: I am investigating this now.

Please post all forfeits in the respective regional threads.

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
NNID
syde_7
No need to get tiffy.
Because whenever I read the rules when I registered, on the wifiwars site the rules actually said that it was in effect, and then in the other versions that showed up on wifiwars and on smashboards made no mention of it. Therefore, I didn't know if it was dropped *or* if it was just overlooked in transferring rulesets between threads/pages.

EDIT: Slight sarcasm not directed at Scav as the question was answered politely. ^^

Wolf_FTW

Smash Journeyman
so say that my opponent didnt show up after i pmed him and put his FC in my wii but he has no aim up whats the best way to show evidence that i did do this?

Dustero

Smash Journeyman
I wonder why nobody is showing up. I have the same problem going on with Gojira. I've emailed and PMed him. If he doesn't show up by 2:55, I'm going to say he forfeited.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I'm going to say it once, and it will be the last time lol.
If your opponent fails to show up, but you are here, it is a forfeit.
If you showed reasonable interest in contacting them, you win by forfeit.
thank you.

zelazon

Smash Apprentice
not really lol, the only hard battle I've had to face were against paxz and tapion, who both continuously beat me... hopefully they arent in this tournament XD...

OmegaXF

Smash Ace
Is Tapion worth all the hype I was hearing. Hylian was when we did our ranked match. but I wonder if Tapion is that good?

zelazon

Smash Apprentice
the first time i played him, he completely owned me in our rounds, but the second ranks we did, it was always a close battle, but he managed to get the last hit off of me. He is a good as they say, and I want to beat him. Tapion beat everyone, and I'm am proof that he is as good as he says. I just need to learn his style of snake and not make many mistakes when approacing him, then I'll be good to fight against him.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
If they do not show by 3:00 then post that in the proper results thread, and you will receive credit for your forfeits.

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
NNID
syde_7
its 2:15. I originally contaced my opponent at around 12:30. Told him I was gonna take a shower and get some lunch and I'd be back shortly. Returned at 1:30 pm and IMd him. No reply as of 2:12.

*I know what to do if he doesn't show up, but I recall an earlier post made by Scav to post progress in contacting the opponent about halfway through the round, and that's what I am doing. It isn't 1/2 way through, but considering we really couldn't start a match at 2:50 ish, then its halfway through our 'available time window'. Will provide visual evidence of effort in communication*

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
DuLL RaZer, you're right for your efforts. Since matches didn't really start till 2:00, if they aren't able to play in that time window, they are responsible. As long as there is reasonable proof that you attempted to touch base with your opponent, you'll be fine.

Soccer, what firebert said.

Dustero

Smash Journeyman
I sent a PM to my opponent (Gojira) at 9:45 Central time. At 11:00 Central, I sent him an email. He hasn't replied to any of those as of now.

virtuososteve

Smash Apprentice
Hey ive been trying to communicate with Perfect Chaos for the last 2 hours and no response, ive posted and IMed him too but nothing

BearsAreScary

Smash Journeyman
I have contacted my opponent (imabeast78), but I fear we may not get our match in. He first PM'd me, so I IMed him, and we got a small conversation going on starting our match.

We exchanged FC's and I told him I would host, and I've been waiting since about 2. He said he might have to play on his neighbor's Wii, since his wifi is unreliable, so it's understandable. He's now unresponsive on AIM, so maybe he went over there to try it out.

There's a decent chance we'll still get to play, but I'm posting this here now in case that doesn't happen. Evidence, I guess.

Dustero

Smash Journeyman
Hey ive been trying to communicate with Perfect Chaos for the last 2 hours and no response, ive posted and IMed him too but nothing

It seems like you've done everything you can to contact him. If he doesn't show up by around 2:50, post in your brackets thread that he didn't show him. You will then advance to round two by default.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I have contacted my opponent (imabeast78), but I fear we may not get our match in. He first PM'd me, so I IMed him, and we got a small conversation going on starting our match.

We exchanged FC's and I told him I would host, and I've been waiting since about 2. He said he might have to play on his neighbor's Wii, since his wifi is unreliable, so it's understandable. He's now unresponsive on AIM, so maybe he went over there to try it out.

There's a decent chance we'll still get to play, but I'm posting this here now in case that doesn't happen. Evidence, I guess.
If the problem is with his wifi, and not yours, and you are here to testify to that effect, then you will advance.

scarykid78

Smash Journeyman
I am currently unable to find Kishprime, my opponet, I have pm'ed him and added him on messenger and on my friend roster. I know that there is still 25 minutes left but if we dont get started soon we wont have enough time. I can provide evidence of this if needed I just dont want to get DQ'ed if i cant find him!

Kresent

Smash Cadet
I sent a message to my opponent at about 12:10, I believe it was. His name is Repryx.

I have not gotten a returned message yet.

I've been online since I've messaged him.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
It's 2:35. My opponent is Daisy-Fan.

I attempted to contact him through Private Message, but his Private Message box was full. I then posted in the Bracket discussion thread attempting to contact him through there, didn't get a response. I looked for his profile, and found his email address. I emailed him, and still no response.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
It's 2:35. My opponent is Daisy-Fan.

I attempted to contact him through Private Message, but his Private Message box was full. I then posted in the Bracket discussion thread attempting to contact him through there, didn't get a response. I looked for his profile, and found his email address. I emailed him, and still no response.
just say the exact same thing in your respective results thread when 3 oclock rolls around and you'll advance by default.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
All of you who have posted in this thread with ample evidence of trying to reach your opponent will receive byes if the opponent does not show with enough time to adequately complete the set. However, make sure you still continue to try an reach them and post the results (whether forfeit or not) in the results thread when you're finished.

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
just post in the appropriate thread at 3:00 and say your opponent was a no-show. If they haven't posted there looking for you, clearly they choked and they're out. Good luck in R2 guys.

Violent-nin

Smash Ace
Okay problem.

My opponent didn't come on till just now, and we can join eachothers matches.

He is getting his friend to host, but I fear our matches will over the due date by 5 mins. What do I do?

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
>_< i'll need the oppinion of M3D or Scav on this one, but I would say if there is not enough time to complete, but you were here, you win by default. It doesn't seem fair or courteous to the other players to show up last minute and expect for there to be no repercussions

Top Bottom