• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - Smash Wars 2008 Disputes and Questions

Dustero

Smash Journeyman
Gojira was stalling on our second match. In our second match. My opponent, Gojira. Was stalling on showdo mossus island by using king dedede's chain grab against the walls.

Hitzel

Smash Ace
It's 3:07 now, and I don't know who my next opponent is. I'm in the NE bracket. I'm refreshing the bracket page, but the chart isn't changing. How do I find who I'm playing??

Wolf_FTW

Smash Journeyman
should we continue onto our round 2 matches now and post them in the same forum or will a new forum be posted

Xisin

Smash Ace
NNID
Xisin14
i have the same question of hitzel i have no idea who the winner of the match below my match was in the bracket, where can i find this?

Violent-nin

Smash Ace
i face the winner of violent nin and jigglyownsu do i wait for them to finish their matches once they can get started or does one of them just face me?
Me and Jiggly never got to do our matches. He wasn't on earlier, but when he did come on we were not able to join eachothers matches. So I dunno what the hell is going on. :(

Hitzel

Smash Ace
i have the same question of hitzel i have no idea who the winner of the match below my match was in the bracket, where can i find this?
Ah, look in your region's thread and try to find a winner. I face card now. I added his code... and now I'm gonna PM him.

Violent-nin

Smash Ace
Since the decision will probably be in your favor Ive added you and once they say to goahead i will be ready so we can meet the next deadline
Alright.

Well Jiggly forfeited, so I'm just waiting for the referee's/judges to give me the okay.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
You will probably get a refferee'd match. Both of you attempt to join another persons match to verify whose connection is problematic.

Eaode

Smash Champion
Me and My opponent, Skyace89, can't connect to eachother. Whenever we try to go into the other's game, the joining person gets disconnected. We tried to get WGWOLVERINE to host the game for both of us, but that didn't work either.

I really don't know what will happen

Maruku

Smash Cadet
WEST Tijuana BC Mexico(Right Next to California)
hey i have an issue
because of time zone confusion we started our match late

this Maruku vs Stryks on the West Bracket 1st Round

but we had our match

Maruku Lost to Stryks 3-0

but the forum shows it is alredy closed

is there anyway stryks can still compite

he won fair and square and he is a good friend of mine i dont want him to be DQ

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Eaode, you will advance, because it was Skyace89 whose connection was problematic.

And dustero, while it is unfortunate that you were subjected to such conditions, I'm in agreement with Xsyven that it is just a tough break.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
WgWolverine, what about my problem with stalling?
Yeah, chain grabbing is unlucky. I asked the other refs, and we all agreed that had he chaingrabbed you up to 500%, then yeah, it would have been stalling. In this case, it seems like he chaingrabbed up to 150%.

Dustero

Smash Journeyman
It was between 180 and 200. He was then able to get an instant KO with and up smash.

White_Lightning

Smash Journeyman
It was between 180 and 200. He was then able to get an instant KO with and up smash.
I know it's probably too late to reverse any decisions. But I have to stand by Dustero's side on this one. I don't want to to start an argument or come off as rude when I say this, but can I ask why Shadow Moses Island was a legal stage in the first place? I'm sure you guys knew well in advance that any character who can chaingrab can easily do it up against the walls and effortlessly get a free KO against their opponent.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
will there be a thread for round 3 also???
Yeah, just waiting for the brackets to be updated and uploaded.

I know it's probably too late to reverse any decisions. But I have to stand by Dustero's side on this one. I don't want to to start an argument or come off as rude when I say this, but can I ask why Shadow Moses Island was a legal stage in the first place? I'm sure you guys knew well in advance that any character who can chaingrab can easily do it up against the walls and effortlessly get a free KO against their opponent.
You're probably going to hate me for saying this... but...

Don't get grabbed? I can see the Dedede chaingrab being the new Ice Climber Wobbling. Half of the community will accept it, half of it won't.

All that you can do is ask whoever is hosting if it's legal or not. This tournament, it is legal, so yeah. Bad luck.

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
You guys have some time until the results are due. Give him another 15 minutes or so and if you don't hear back, post in this thread saying he's still missing. If he does show up late, post in this thread to let us know results are going to be late. Thanks.

Top Bottom