• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dissention - parking ONLY @ Converse School

GTZ

Smash Ace
NNID
Arctic-Cat
its a single day where both tourneys are ran dually with respective t/o's and staff for each community

GTZ

Smash Ace
NNID
Arctic-Cat
actually, the event is a single day, the title had mistake in it. I have tons of set-ups, and multiple TO's helping me run simultaneous events so that way a single day is possible

my personal set-up count is like 10 full melee set-ups and 15 full brawl set-ups not including the extra 15 tvs i have too plus extra equip/.. looking to provide 25 brawl set-ups and 20 melee set-ups

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
What is your exact setup count? You do have 10 gamecubes/melee copies & 15 wiis/brawl copies?

And this would be much better off being a two-day event, I feel. If it is possible to speak to the venue and secure Friday/Saturday or Saturday/Sunday that would be amazing.

The Great Gonzales

Smash Ace
well it depends how well you think you can run and how many confirmed people you will have. If you think you can run brawl/melee with over 50 people in one day then do it. To be on the safe side thougth it should maeby be 2 days. Doubles/Pools sat and the pro bracket for each day on sunday.

BTW if this ends up being 2 days im willing to house people, since im like 20 minutes away from the venue lol

GTZ

Smash Ace
NNID
Arctic-Cat
cant do fridays and sundays have mass services running all day. plus the 1o ngcs and the 15 wii set-ups are me alone like just gtz is brining all that.... not including any other people's in the above numbers.. currently we are at (full count):

complete brawl set-ups 21
complete melee set-ups 13
extra tvs 7-12 crts

----------------------------------

now understand this:
[gtz's minimum equipment goals]

- [x20] complete brawl set-ups (from GTZ alone)
- [x15] complete melee set-ups (from GTZ alone)

----------------------

My logistics team and I have already, using the currently available equipment that I alone have at this moment, calculated a worst case tournament operations scenario. We can run a 210 person tournament (150 Brawl + 60 person Melee one) in 10 hr or less with the equipment already available. Remember folks, we are still 2+ months out before this tournament happens. That is a lot of time for hype and for more equipment to be purchased. With my well stocked staff team, we are sure to provide an excellent event. I am hoping for unprecedented turnout and efficiency. Although In have been inspired by tourneys like Cataclysm and Apex. I am definitely bringing my own flavor to the table with this event. Please feel free to quote this response if these kind of questions keep "popping up" so to speak. I am thankful for everyone's support, and look forward to the exciting prospect of running this tourney as a championship event for the NE "Dissention" Circuit. If anyone has questions on how this circuit works, or the events associated with top level bracket seeding points, please feel free to PM me. Thanks

- GTZ

GTZ

Smash Ace
NNID
Arctic-Cat
By the way Gonzales thanks for the housing opportunity. I will let anybody who asks know to PM you.

The Great Gonzales

Smash Ace
sure just let them know that i dont have a car lol they have to provide their own transportation. Althougth if the tourney is only 1 day im sure nobody will need housing accommodations.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
^^ i would imagine that entirely depends on how many people are attending

so this is one day now? ah what do i care, it's only 12 miles from where i live :awesome:

GTZ

Smash Ace
NNID
Arctic-Cat
well as long as the TO's are prepared it should run smoothly
actually, that all depends on our OOR hype for this. especially on the Melee side. I am doing the best I can to super promote and let everyone know personally about this event. The issue is, the time consumption is super large because I do whole states at a time. Hopefully we can expect 60+ for Melee, Brawls turnout is looking great already, but I want Melee up there too. So hopefully I can secure some more hype players. KDJ (small possibility) may make it out to this event. I would love to see an m2k vs kdj match, seems nostalgic. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.

PK Webb

Smash Champion
sure just let them know that i dont have a car lol they have to provide their own transportation. Althougth if the tourney is only 1 day im sure nobody will need housing accommodations.
ppl who live far might not wanna drive back the same day i might actually still take u up on housing

GTZ

Smash Ace
NNID
Arctic-Cat
ppl who live far might not wanna drive back the same day i might actually still take u up on housing
good point, the event may run as late as 10-11pm, so better safe than sorry with setting up some housing.

GTZ

Smash Ace
NNID
Arctic-Cat
Probs down for this, if i can get housing ill deff be down
great gonzalez is offering housing, he just doesn't have a car so you'd have to have one, you'd be driving right?

and he lives pretty close to the venue

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
So this sounds great. the one day thing is a challenge but i think it will be a great opportunity to demonstrate how well i think a tourney can be run. it will also put the organizers to the test in regards to timeliness. No matter how many setups you will have if people are late you will be faced with a choice. the worst outcome of this tourney woukd be unfinished...i would say that being a hardass and finishing it is more desirable. if we are talking 80+ i can almost assure you the organizerss will have to be hardasses.

While one day is tough it can be done. lots of setups will not be the only factor. i rly recommend pre reg and an entrant cap(with maybe a few case by case exceptions). realistically you cant have much more than 100 entrants in one day with melee and pools. i dunno about brawl but im assuming that would be a little longer theoretically.

/voice of reason

GTZ

Smash Ace
NNID
Arctic-Cat
So this sounds great. the one day thing is a challenge but i think it will be a great opportunity to demonstrate how well i think a tourney can be run. it will also put the organizers to the test in regards to timeliness. No matter how many setups you will have if people are late you will be faced with a choice. the worst outcome of this tourney woukd be unfinished...i would say that being a hardass and finishing it is more desirable. if we are talking 80+ i can almost assure you the organizerss will have to be hardasses.

While one day is tough it can be done. lots of setups will not be the only factor. i rly recommend pre reg and an entrant cap(with maybe a few case by case exceptions). realistically you cant have much more than 100 entrants in one day with melee and pools. i dunno about brawl but im assuming that would be a little longer theoretically.

/voice of reason
yeah, I understand. I have very very good staff guys and a very good planning team to help me make this run smooth, failure to finish is an option we won't take. This tournament is a chance to demonstrate some new ideas and some good qualities that we hope to see become the standard. Thanks for the input :)

i can bring a melee setup!
Nice! I have registered you as bringing a full Melee set-up.

Larz

Smash Cadet
One day tourney would be fun, and i'd really like to come and bring a few friends. I'll probably be there.

GTZ

Smash Ace
NNID
Arctic-Cat
yessir, I have 2-3 t/os running this with me. I have a logistics team that formulated the number of atendees at worst case and it works fine. I'm excited to try this method of t/o-ing out. :) You wont be disappointed I promise

GTZ

Smash Ace
NNID
Arctic-Cat
yeah, I have MattDotZeb co-hosting Melee with me. I also have Mike Ray co-hosting with me in Brawl. Plus of course numerous volunteers, my core tourney planning team, zufats for calling matches, and STRICT policies on showing up on time for matches.

Top Bottom