• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

LAA9000

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
JUST#956
3DS FC
0361-9069-2936
Switch FC
SW-5393-4946-0209
Wasn't that from before Terry's reveal? I kinda doubt they'd know about Min Min at that point in time.
I seem to remember Sakurai saying DLC fighters typically took a year to develop, which sounds right to me (though again, this is down to interpretation). If that is the case, Min Min would've been in early development, and the leaker claims they saw all this from an in-development model with no texture, so the dates could've easily lined up.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Was that the "girl with projectile idk who it is" leak?
Looks like it. Girl, fighting game, Japanese clothing, projectile weapon. They also had to clarify that it's probably not Nakoruru, which is odd because she fits that description perfectly.

Min Min doesn't really fit that because while she's a female fighting game character who has a sorta-projectile, she pretty clearly has Chinese clothes and not Japanese clothes. By default, I'm extremely skeptical about leaks, so I'm not really giving them the benefit of the doubt. The claims started up around June and carried on into September, so I don't really see them knowing about them that far in advance.
I seem to remember Sakurai saying DLC fighters typically took a year to develop,
Do you have a source on this?

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Sora in Fortnite confirmed

Tim stop pushing exclusivity in PC you little **** the platform has been free of exclusive wars and you're ruining things.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero

Tim stop pushing exclusivity in PC you little **** the platform has been free of exclusive wars and you're ruining things.
Geez, and they say the Console Wars are pointless...

SharkLord

Smash Hero

Society has progressed past the need for console wars, but has not outgrown wars in general. Therefore, computer wars.
:4pacman:

cashregister9

Smash Hero

I'd rather open another program than see only one company own the PC market.

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion

Whats wrong with PC exclusives?
Don’t you just have to open a different shop?
While having everything in one neat place is fun. I’d rather have the competition that comes with exclusives and different storefronts.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Speaking of leaks, remember the Milk-BOSATU leak? I dunno about you, but I'm hella convinced he was referring to Min Min there, with only a couple of inaccuracies that could easily come down to interpretation.
Nah, that one's bogus. For starters, the weapon was specifically referred to as a throwing weapon, but at the same time the person claimed they couldn't recognize the character. So they somehow would have to understand how the Ramram works without knowing a thing about ARMS.

Second, the timeline doesn't match. It was before Terry's reveal, even. So unless they started working on Volume 2 before 1 was even finished, it doesn't work.

Third: the person who made the "leak" claimed this character was "next", meaning they should take Terry's place... then immediately backpedaled after his reveal, which is a major red flag.

So no, it's more likely just a coincidence.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Wait, whats Milk-Bosatu?
I’ve heard of it, but not quite sure of what it is.
Old rumor from June to September. One guy was claiming the next fighter would be female, from a fighting game, has a projectile weapon, and wears Japanese clothes. Some thing they were referring to Min Min, but I feel like it was too long ago. That, and Min Min wears modernized versions of Chinese clothes, so I don't really see how she would correspond to the Japanese clothes part.

A new leak suddenly?

Eh, likely fake like most. Move along.
It's an old one that may or may not have gotten Min Min right (But probably didn't). Dunno if that makes it better or worse.

Last edited:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334

Coming to PC
YAAAAAAAAAY!

Epic Games Store exclusive
NOOOOOOOOO!

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

epic games exclusive
first Darkest Dungeon 2 Early Access, now this 😭

Otoad64

Smash Lord
I have Epic Games Store but only for the free games lol.

if I get Kingdom Hearts it'll be on console anyway
I mean, on the bright side, it's not like Nomura has made this Epic Exclusivity canon to the games.

For now...
Jonesy in Kingdom Hearts 3.5 HD Final Mix confirmed

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Disney could not care less about a made up storefront war that only came to be because people don't want to open another program, Epic probably just gave them money first.

exclusivity deals are a thing and they suck, but there is not much you can do right now. Storefront Exclusivity is significantly less bad than Console exclusivity,

Storefront Exclusivity costs you a couple megabytes and a new login, Console exclusivity costs you hundreds of dollars.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
It's highly likely a timed exclusivity. Give it a year and it'll be on Steam as well.

Also I feel you lot, EGS is genuinely a horrible launcher.
Nothing will ever be worse than the Bethesda launcher, That thing is so terrible it barely functions 90% of the time

Looks at $30 copy of the Story So Far on PS4.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Yeah, I think I'm sticking to console.
The real egregious thing about this news isn't the launcher but the bull**** pricing, I got the whole series including 3 and re:mind for 70 bucks on PS4, They should not be charging this much for these games.

Last edited:

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
While having everything in one neat place is fun. I’d rather have the competition that comes with exclusives and different storefronts.
The main problem I have with Epic pushing for exclusivity is that their own store is lacking in certain basic features that Steam already has. Sweeney's method on breaking the monopoly is by forcing games to be available in one launcher rather than incentivize players with other features that the store provides. Microsoft won me over with their PC store with one major feature, Gamepass. Epic doesn't provide anything that Steam doesn't already have. Steam got big due to them being the best option in the market for consumers, Epic is getting big by forcing consumers to use their store instead of incentivizing them with features that their store front has.

Like I already have Epic installed but it still annoys me because this method is at it's core not that helpful to the consumer. Especially since this is the PC which has been for the most part free of exclusive wars. It's one thing to keep the games you developed or own as exclusives in your own store, it's another to pay every company you can find to get their games as exclusives for your store.

One final thing I want to say is that I wasn't joking when I was saying that Sora is probably gonna be in Fortnite. The latest season had a theme centered around gaming legends what with Kratos and Master Chief getting skins and if this deal is anything to go by Sora is probably next.

Last edited:

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
Nothing will ever be worse than the Bethesda launcher, That thing is so terrible it barely functions 90% of the time

The real egregious thing about this news isn't the launcher but the bull**** pricing, I got the whole series including 3 and re:mind for 70 bucks on PS4, They should not be charging this much for these games.
Okay yes, as PC launchers go, the Bethesda one is all the way down the list of quality lmfao.

Also yeah, if you're looking for a good deal on these, go for console. I only bought the 1.5+2.5 collection for PS4 for like around 15 bucks. Square Enix physical games for current gen platforms always have steep discounts.

If you don't have a PS4 or Xbox however, well, you're gonna have to do a lot of waiting...

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Microsoft won me over with their PC store with one major feature, Gamepass.
Real talk: Gamepass is several times better as a competitor in the PC market than EGS. Both in terms of general quality and of available games. EGS' only saving grace is the free games, but like, you can also get things like that on GOG, Origin and even Steam once in a blue moon.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
It'd just be nice to have one single launcher to play some damn games instead of having to download separate launchers for Epic games store, Origin, Uplay, Rockstar Launcher etc. It's a pain in the ass.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
What leak? Explain, Angry Beaver
An old one, about some dude who goes by the username of Milk-BOSATU. Happened from June to September, possibly as far back as January. Allegedly called for a female fighting game character with a projectile weapon and Japanese clothing. For whatever reason, there's still debate on if he was referring to Min Min or not.

Pillow

Smash Lord
An old one, about some dude who goes by the username of Milk-BOSATU. Happened from June to September, possibly as far back as January. Allegedly called for a female fighting game character with a projectile weapon and Japanese clothing. For whatever reason, there's still debate on if he was referring to Min Min or not.
A leak being vague is bad enough, but since Min Min clearly neither has projectiles nor wears Japanese clothing, I don't see how anyone could give this leak any weight still.

It's highly likely a timed exclusivity. Give it a year and it'll be on Steam as well.

Also I feel you lot, EGS is genuinely a horrible launcher.
Oh my god yes. I used to complain about Steam a lot when it had no competition because I was an avid TF2 hat trader back in the day, but somehow all the ones that have come out after it have been complete dog****.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom