• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZelDan

Smash Master
My speculation-style is that as long as a character is:

-a video game character
-not Plok-tier obscure
-not Bubsy-tier bad/infamous
-Not Mii costumed/spirit event'd during FP2 (and maybe FP1?)

Then I wouldn't discount them maybe making it in.

Of course because of this I don't really see ANY characters as "likely", because damn do a crapton of characters fit the above guidelines and boy howdy there sure are very few spots left for these characters.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
My speculation-style is that as long as a character is:

-a video game character
-not Plok-tier obscure
-not Bubsy-tier bad/infamous
-Not Mii costumed/spirit event'd during FP2 (and maybe FP1?)

Then I wouldn't discount them maybe making it in.

Of course because of this I don't really see ANY characters as "likely", because damn do a crapton of characters fit the above guidelines and boy howdy there sure are very few spots left for these characters.
Dammit you made me google Plok

and uh... wow. That’s. Something.

LAA9000

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
JUST#956
3DS FC
0361-9069-2936
Switch FC
SW-5393-4946-0209
Sora in Fortnite confirmed

Tim stop pushing exclusivity in PC you little **** the platform has been free of exclusive wars and you're ruining things.
This pricing is dumb af. If I can get those games on PS4/5 for about £80, charging £190 for them on PC just makes me wish I had a PlayStation even after switching to PC as my primary platform.

And, to add insult to injury, it's exclusive to a crappy launcher. I'll admit, I have Epic Games Store installed on my PC (I even have Origin installed as well), and I've downloaded a few of the weekly free games, but that's all I use it for. I don't want to give Epic Games money for their crappy store, and most of the games I want to buy are on Steam anyway - if they're not, I can probably do without them. I'd just like one convenient place where I can find all my games - something that the game industry wont't reach for a very long time because capitalism amirite?

For something more positive, a couple of weeks ago I won a giveaway on Discord for Tekken 7 Ultimate Edition on Steam. Of the half hour I've played of it so far, it's pretty rad and something I can see myself putting time into. I still fear the inevitable day when I'll have to explain to my dad what a full price game is doing in my Steam library when I don't have access to a credit card.

Last edited:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Honestly the only reason I'm even aware of Plok's existance is that I watched the Game Grumps play it years ago back when I used to watch them, and because I ran across this song on Youtube:

I got the game on my SNES from my brother. I really didn't like this game. The first area wasn't too bad but then they made it mandatory to get rid of all of the fleas in the level while not having a battery save or a password feature. Who thought that was a good idea?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
It aint switch but hey, More KH for everyone is a win in my book
Ps. Pc elitist can still succ my **** tho

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
That's Disney for ya. More the reason Sora is likely not happening.

Chances are given this and that one Final Fantasy mobile or whatever, Sora would be only limited time for Smash if he actually ever got in.
kH being on PC and smash dont connect at all

Pupp135

Smash Lord
I’m going to guess right now when the next DLC characters are coming
CP9: end of February/early March
CP10: late May-mid June (maybe right after E3)
CP11: late August/early September

I won‘t predict who will be in since the only characters I certainly cannot see being added are FP2 Miis, characters who are really obscure like Ice Climbers if they were not added to SSB, characters who aren’t super important to their series like Darros in FE, or a less requested AT (I can actually see Waluigi getting in even if I don’t like him much)

Ivander

Smash Legend
I don't know about you, but when I hear female, projectile weapons and wears Japanese clothes, I think of Reimu from Touhou. Not really a fighting game character, although Touhou did have a couple fighting games.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I don't know about you, but when I hear female, projectile weapons and wears Japanese clothes, I think of Reimu from Touhou. Not really a fighting game character, although Touhou did have a couple fighting games.
What did Milk say about Reimu? I imagine they were asked about her

anyone know?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
About Epic, you can spend 59.99 on each of those gameson epic OOOORRRRR You can buy the All in one pack which has The Story So Far and KH3 for 29.99 in the SE store
Oops, thought this was the social
Ah ah.. Um
KH being on epic means nothing about it/ Sora not getting on switch and the Disney is hard to deal with meme is .old

Saved

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Apparently he clarified that it wasn't her. I can't help but find that funny, because I've joked about how Reimu would be the fighting game rep of this pass, but it wasn't a serious consideration. Mainly, she'd be a shoot-'em-up character, since that's Touhou's main genre.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
So I checked the rumor page on the wiki after Milk-BOSATU got dredged up again, and I learned something new.
1613079387089.png

I thought the LoL rumor was from April, but turns out it's actually from around the January-February range.

This little bit of knowledge has the added effect of making it harder to believe, because it's highly unlikely that someone would know about this all the way back to when Byleth was just revealed.

Oof.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
So I checked the rumor page on the wiki after Milk-BOSATU got dredged up again, and I learned something new.
View attachment 302749
I thought the LoL rumor was from April, but turns out it's actually from around the January-February range.

This little bit of knowledge has the added effect of making it harder to believe, because it's highly unlikely that someone would know about this all the way back to when Byleth was just revealed.

Oof.
At that point Byleth had just been released, and that's honestly hard to believe now that we are 3 CPs into FP2,

WaddleKing

Smash Ace
NNID
Nassim250
Wouldn't have happened. 64's unlockables are all based on what could reuse assets from another, and I don't see any of the original 8 being a good base for Meowth, let alone the generic Dragon King fighter.
Really late, but you could likely do some form of Ness route with him where he'd use elements from some fighters (Mainly Mario) but still be fairly unique though very simple. That said I don't think it's too big of a deal to miss out on 64 since so many other key characters weren't included in it anyway, plus you'd likely need to remove Ness for this.

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Whats wrong with PC exclusives?
Don’t you just have to open a different shop?
While having everything in one neat place is fun. I’d rather have the competition that comes with exclusives and different storefronts.
Epic store has been out over a year and nothing good has come of it yet.

No price wars benefitting the customers. No race to create new, innovative features in the storefronts(in fact, the Epic store remains laughably feature barren).

So, yeah, the competition hasn't done us one single god**** bit of good so far. It's only resulted in a bunch of annoying exclusivity deals.

It's just a way for Epic to avoid paying the companies whose services made them so successful in the first place.

Alright gang I just realized that the objective best new Square Enix rep would be Raziel from Soul Reaver. No, this is not up for debate
1613082086142.png

Last edited:

GothicSlenderman

Smash Journeyman
An old one, about some dude who goes by the username of Milk-BOSATU. Happened from June to September, possibly as far back as January. Allegedly called for a female fighting game character with a projectile weapon and Japanese clothing. For whatever reason, there's still debate on if he was referring to Min Min or not.
I see, the first character that would come to mind with that description is Ahri from League of Legends. I remember hearing short lived rumors of her being in FP2 in early 2020

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I see, the first character that would come to mind with that description is Ahri from League of Legends. I remember hearing short lived rumors of her being in FP2 in early 2020
I wouldn’t call Ahri’s clothing “Japanese” though. I think it’s a variant of Korean clothing actually, since Ahri’s beta name was also Korean
Do you think there's any chance of two fighters being revealed at the same time again?
As in back to back trailers like Hero & Banjo, or in the same trailer like Kencineroar and Simon/Richter?

SKX31

Smash Master
View attachment 302749

Oof.
Yeeeah, starting to doubt that rumor specifically even more than before. While Tencent is a corp that suffers leaks often (them buying out System Shock 3's dev was leaked a couple days before) it would seem extremely strange that the one posting the 4chan post would be a employee there or whatever. They have a recently-opened office in LA (meant to maintain Pokemon Unite etc. internationally) but it's not with a huge staff AFAIK.

The System Shock 3 bit is important, not just because of the timing - but also since Tencent is right in Zhuge's and his firm Niko Partners' wheelhouse. As an insider, he won't leak until minutes before. Buut, if he does pull another Steve, it would not be out of character for him to leak something like LoL.

That's making quite a few assumptions, that said.

Do you think there's any chance of two fighters being revealed at the same time again?
Really difficult to say, but maybe? If they have something extra to say when revealing CP10, then they could for example reveal CP11. Small chance, but won't count it out.

Inue Houji

Purplish Wig
As in back to back trailers like Hero & Banjo, or in the same trailer like Kencineroar and Simon/Richter?
Could be either, doesn't even have to happen during the same event. Just having more than one fighter revealed at the same time before any of them release.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I don't know about that, considering that they decided to abandon the idea of us waiting months for the character's release because of the uncertainties caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, which might also be the reason for the lack of massive Nintendo Directs recently.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Could be either, doesn't even have to happen during the same event. Just having more than one fighter revealed at the same time before any of them release.
Kencineroar/Belmonts type reveal within the same trailer seems unlikely unless they’re from the same series or are otherwise connected in some way. Even so I think that was for base only.

back to back? That’s a bit more likely

JCKirbs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SuperMushroomU
That definitely would be cool to see, and I certainly wouldn't want to rule out the possibility, but I won't be surprised if Nintendo/Sakurai stuck to giving individual characters their own spotlights as they come.

Something like Steve and Sephiroth revealed around the same time would've been mind-blowing to see, though.

ahemtoday

Smash Ace
According to Milk Bosatu, his source (a certain Mr. H) saw the supposed "female fighting game character" in January 2019, so it's even more unlikely that they were referring to Min Min.
A certain Mr. H? What, from The World Ends With You?

Ivander

Smash Legend
It's incredibly unlikely. Although I once said that it could be an interesting possibility if somehow we get both Lloyd Irving and Yuri Lowell. But in all seriousness, two fighters being revealed would be a 1 out of 100 chance.

Last edited:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Not impossible, But seeing how we only have 3 fighters left, You'd think they want to strech out the them out for March (Spring) June (Summer) and Fall/Winter of 2021

It would be kind of weird for them to blow their final load at E3/Digital Event in June and only for one of the 2 fighters gets released half a year later sometime in November or December, Wouldn't be surprised if the last fighter was unveiled again at 2021 VGA's again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom