• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DMG's Wario Guide Stuff Blah Stuff

Mmac

Smash Lord
I made a Compact Universal Matchup Template for you to use, if you want to use it. Just add in the Title/Numbers yourself, and whatever else you want to do with it. If you want me to make you a more Unique design, then PM me with a Rough estimate of what you want.

Paxz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Xyxura
Nice desing Mmac.
DMG Rob vs Wario is a 50-50?? I think Rob has the advantage over wario, I would really like to know your point of view on this one.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Marth still looks like a girl even with a mustache. Pit

And Metaknight looks crossed out.

Totally works for Sheik, IC, Kirbs, and Jiggs. And Squirtle (lol). Sonic reminds me of Zorro.

and lol@ Mario/Luigi.

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord
Hey DMG, I've been training and I've gotten very good at the entire cast. If you need matchup advice, let me know.

Also, I'll draw pictures of all the characters if you want. Now that I know how to use the pen tool in Flash, linearts will go form taking 2 hours to 20 minutes, XD.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
doesn't Yoshi **** Wario with the infinite?
Incorrect sir. Yoshi has to grab you first... which is hard. Also, when I figure out the timing for the instant ground breaks, then the infinite is nullified. Wario is at a disadvantage, but not by much.

Mmac

Smash Lord
Incorrect sir. Yoshi has to grab you first... which is hard. Also, when I figure out the timing for the instant ground breaks, then the infinite is nullified. Wario is at a disadvantage, but not by much.
You know, I really have no problems Grabbing Wario's, then again, my game is completely based on a heavy grab game. Even if I don't do the infinite, I do well from just Usmashing/Uair on Release. We should play some friendlies soon :yoshi:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Why does Wario have an advantage on Luigi?
Because it feels like it slightly... I used to think Luigi ***** Wario but now I just think it was because we approached the matchup the wrong way.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
could you please explain that dmg? most ppl are under the impression that luigi has a major advantage

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
could you please explain that dmg? most ppl are under the impression that luigi has a major advantage
Yeah, and it's a shame cause I was an advocate along with Blue sHell back in the day for Weegee to have a big advantage, but it just seems like we approached it wrong. He's weak from the top, and he also has trouble if you are good at being super defensive and doing stuff like shielding his entire aerial assault instead of shielding one hit and trying to counter attack right after wards.

You can kill him fairly easy and sometimes gimp him if you have a good idea of when the Tornado is gonna be used, he has trouble killing if you don't get hit by Fsmash, and he has trouble counter attacking after you use an aerial on his shield cause he gets pushed back usually.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Yeah, and it's a shame cause I was an advocate along with Blue sHell back in the day for Weegee to have a big advantage, but it just seems like we approached it wrong. He's weak from the top, and he also has trouble if you are good at being super defensive and doing stuff like shielding his entire aerial assault instead of shielding one hit and trying to counter attack right after wards.

You can kill him fairly easy and sometimes gimp him if you have a good idea of when the Tornado is gonna be used, he has trouble killing if you don't get hit by Fsmash, and he has trouble counter attacking after you use an aerial on his shield cause he gets pushed back usually.
Don't forget, Luigi doesn't have a grab release/infinite.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
DMG needs to play a good Luigi. He's beatable, but still one of Wario's hardest matchups. The tornado beats everything you have except ftilt, and is fast enough to hit you before you hit him. It's hard to stop his recovery, his fsmash is disgusting, and he can just space you with backairs while you're hardpressed to do anything. Add to this his pretty good fireballs and he's a huge pain to handle. If they're predictable and like to nair your shield then yes, you'll beat them, but if they mix it up if's freaking hard.

Also, vulnerable from the top, what? I think you need to taste one of his stupid fast upsmashes or uptilts.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
DMG needs to play a good Luigi. He's beatable, but still one of Wario's hardest matchups. The tornado beats everything you have except ftilt, and is fast enough to hit you before you hit him. It's hard to stop his recovery, his fsmash is disgusting, and he can just space you with backairs while you're hardpressed to do anything. Add to this his pretty good fireballs and he's a huge pain to handle. If they're predictable and like to nair your shield then yes, you'll beat them, but if they mix it up if's freaking hard.

Also, vulnerable from the top, what? I think you need to taste one of his stupid fast upsmashes or uptilts.
I mean in the air above him, like Uair is a ton easier to beat than, say Nair or Fair.

How do you and Reflex go even/better against Big Lou? I thought he was a pretty good representative of Luigi, maybe I need to play him or someone more...

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
We go even or better with him because he gets predictable. You have no idea how many times I read his down B and ftilt him out of it. Whenever I switch to other Luigi players, it's a struggle all over again XD

Ace55

Smash Lord
^I know that both sHell and dmg have put that matchup down as even. Mainly because of ROB's weakness from below IIRC. I have my doubts about it to but then again I've only faced one good ROB so I don't know the matchup that well.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I don't think it's any better than slightly advantageous for ROB, to be honest. Play him boring, juggle like mad when you can, punish him like woah offstage. You can also avoid most of his spam.

Also, MMAC, when Yoshi's play a mostly grab game is when it's easy to avoid the grabs, b/c you're expecting them. It's harder to face a Yoshi that grabs randomly when you don't think it's coming XD.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
She may have an infinite, but she gets absolutely trashed by Wario. Not only do you overkill her in the 90s, your fair and other moves negate her stunner. She can do nothing without space, and you won't give her room to breathe. If you get infinited more than once in a round against ZSS, you deserve to lose, her grab shouldn't get anyone.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
She may have an infinite, but she gets absolutely trashed by Wario. Not only do you overkill her in the 90s, your fair and other moves negate her stunner. She can do nothing without space, and you won't give her room to breathe. If you get infinited more than once in a round against ZSS, you deserve to lose, her grab shouldn't get anyone.
Her pivot grab is pretty lethal.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I agree that she will be hard pressed to grab Wario, but I disagree that she gets beat bad by Wario. Playing Wotts (I think that's his name, hopefully he won't kill me if I got it wrong XD) showed me that Wario's advantage over her is really not that big. She can space incredibly well with Side B, her jab is fast and prevents a lot of close up pressuring Wario can do if you are waiting to punish her during lag from a different attack, and really the biggest weakness I can see in her is the difficulty she has landing and killing with her moves against Wario. I moved it down to 55 : 45, that seems more likely than 60 : 40

PKNintendo

Smash Master
I agree that she will be hard pressed to grab Wario, but I disagree that she gets beat bad by Wario. Playing Wotts (I think that's his name, hopefully he won't kill me if I got it wrong XD) showed me that Wario's advantage over her is really not that big. She can space incredibly well with Side B, her jab is fast and prevents a lot of close up pressuring Wario can do if you are waiting to punish her during lag from a different attack, and really the biggest weakness I can see in her is the difficulty she has landing and killing with her moves against Wario. I moved it down to 55 : 45, that seems more likely than 60 : 40
Im ZSS defense. I think ZSS has the advantage.

She actually has better killers than Yoshi. Her bair kills extremely early, (grab release to bair is possible) her Forward B is powerful too. And her infinite is unique. She has the grab-jab-jab RELEASE (like Yoshi) but out of the grab, she can use her down B to do massive damage AND regrab. She can use her Downsmash to paralize and grab Wario too. No offense to Yoshi mains, but I think that ZSS has it better in the matchup against Yoshi.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Im ZSS defense. I think ZSS has the advantage.

She actually has better killers than Yoshi. Her bair kills extremely early, (grab release to bair is possible) her Forward B is powerful too. And her infinite is unique. She has the grab-jab-jab RELEASE (like Yoshi) but out of the grab, she can use her down B to do massive damage AND regrab. She can use her Downsmash to paralize and grab Wario too. No offense to Yoshi mains, but I think that ZSS has it better in the matchup against Yoshi.
No, trust me Yoshi does better than ZSS here. It is soooo hard to land a kill move on Wario for ZSS, it's almost unfair.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
No, trust me Yoshi does better than ZSS here. It is soooo hard to land a kill move on Wario for ZSS, it's almost unfair.
Fine. I think DK should be at a 65-35.

He has a HUGE CG, it's So easy to land, it's not even funny. DK is also downthrow Fsmashed!
Weird I know.

Okay, before the CG was discovered the matchup was even but know...

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
He can space well, and he can kill Wario pretty well when given the chance. I would put it as 65 : 35, but that seems a bit much IMO. Idk, I'll see what some other people think.

Also, BIG THANKS to whoever got this stickied and to whoever requested the mods to sticky it. :)

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Dthrow > Fsmash isn't a combo, the only combo DK has, and at low percents, is Dthrow to Ftilt (at least from what I've played). DK has an infinite on Wario too now? I would probably give DK slight advantage if he doesn't have an easily performable infinite solely b/c of his survivability and his grab release > upsmash.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Dthrow > Fsmash isn't a combo, the only combo DK has, and at low percents, is Dthrow to Ftilt (at least from what I've played). DK has an infinite on Wario too now? I would probably give DK slight advantage if he doesn't have an easily performable infinite solely b/c of his survivability and his grab release > upsmash.
No no no he's talking about Wario dthrowing DK, not the other way around. Wario gets him with a CG, DK doesn't. :)

I think my rating so far is correct, maybe 5 more points but idk if the advantage is that large.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Oh, lol... that'll teach me to attempt to make posts at 7 in the morning. Advantage is not very big at all unless you CG them every time, and they can quickly catch up to you with some backair WOP, a donkey punch, a lucky upair, or a grab release upsmash.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Haha, well the Luigi one seems about right, and Falco seems right too, but IDK Maybe Falco is 45 : 55. U can just beast him once the CG is out of % reach though.

Ace55

Smash Lord
I still want to see a vid of someone beating a good Luigi. From what I've understood so far you basically try to block all his aerial aproaches and 'spam' Fsmash chomp and Ftilt. I can't remember seeing this matchup at all, and my personal experience was kinda bad. Ironically enough the Luigi did say he normally had a hard time against Wario (I was thinking: yeah right) and I guess he was right after all. It also means he had some experience in the matchup while I had none, so it's not that strange that I had a hard (understatement) time. Still, except for a early sd by Squirtle, my pkmn trainer seemed to do much better against him.

Falco is probably 50-50, the Falco's I've faced in tourney are just really good players, and we still went pretty even.

Top Bottom