• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DMT #13: Happy 2012!!! (The Apocalypse)

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
Attendees:

Lubbock: Me, Phil, Nolan, Ben, Colin, Jakob, & Kyle
Amarillo: Dakpo, Bronson, Lyle, Ryan, Ibsa, Bobby?
Fort Worth: Denti, ALSM, Batou, Infinity, ...
Oklahoma: Chozo, Sonic Storm, Type Ex, Chuck Nasty, Afro?...

22 people so far, plus locals?

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
Didn't really mean it like that, it's just the players that I am counting on being there. Local players aren't always guaranteed to play, which is why I am getting a headcount like this. And I know who will **** the tourney, it's gonna be ME!!!

:yoshi2:

Jiveturkey

Smash Cadet
Aww looks like you guys have a full carpool. I don't know if I want to make this drive by myself, but I actually have the time off. Maybe I will see about taking my own group if people are interested. Still need to talk to the wife first though.

:phone:

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
Just so the schedule is clear, people may show up at the venue at 12:30pm, doubles will start at 2:00pm and singles around 4:30pm (depending on how everything goes). If there is time we will host a side event as well.

Dakpo

Smash Lord
Aww looks like you guys have a full carpool. I don't know if I want to make this drive by myself, but I actually have the time off. Maybe I will see about taking my own group if people are interested. Still need to talk to the wife first though.

yes yes and yes

Denti

Smash Master
I'm glad mk is legal at this. I'm not an MK main but the ban almost depresses me lol. However double MK in teams could be banned and I'd be okay lol.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
I sort of want to come to one of these eventually, but not if MK is legal and the ruleset is Apex's.

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
chuck isn't coming, and im not in any mood to play an MK whos sole purpose is to time out.

Hyperhavoc5

Smash Rookie
So whats the difference between the unity ruleset and Apex ruleset? and i know MK is op, but why is everyone making such a big deal about it?

Dakpo

Smash Lord
So whats the difference between the unity ruleset and Apex ruleset? and i know MK is op, but why is everyone making such a big deal about it?
i will show you the world of brawl when we meet this weekend. Mk is extremely powerful and was recently banned in the unity rule set (which is kinda the standard for all tourneys) the Apex rule set was the ruleset which was used in the latest international tournament in which case MK was legal but some stages were banned to help minimize his incredible ability to capitalize on weird stages

Hyperhavoc5

Smash Rookie
i will show you the world of brawl when we meet this weekend. Mk is extremely powerful and was recently banned in the unity rule set (which is kinda the standard for all tourneys) the Apex rule set was the ruleset which was used in the latest international tournament in which case MK was legal but some stages were banned to help minimize his incredible ability to capitalize on weird stages
Sounds good, although I did watch the Livestream for Apex. Even though this is my first tournament, I still know a bit about how the tournament works. I've been watching some Tournament matches... I'm so pumped... :DDDDDDD

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
I'm interested in what teams are looking like (from my knowledge, plus new players from Amarillo):

Dallas/Fort Worth
Dakpo/Infinity <--- Weakest team
Denti/ALSM <--- An ok team
FK/Batou

Amarillo
Turdox/Willie
Ibsa/Mark
Trent/____
Hyperhavoc/____

Oklahoma
Typ_Ex/____
Chozo/____
Sonic Storm/____

Lubbock
FTP/Nomad <--- Most valuable team
Drinky/Crae
Phil/SuperKing
69Dude/____

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
chuck isn't coming, and im not in any mood to play an MK whos sole purpose is to time out.
Well ALSM this is what you'll forever be remembered by.....

I see what you mean, but since we're allowing MK, this is what needs to be done.
Alright FTP, you know what needs to be done.

FTP vs Batou

Purely for fun. We don't get to play often so let's get some games recorded.

I vote for highlander or Wasseda. Wasseda is more fun though.

I'm also bringing my XBOX 360 and Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 if anyone wants to get some games in.
I need all the practice I can get.
The title for best in Fort Worth is at stake pretty soon and I will be king.

Top Bottom