• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DMT 5: Hype!!! DFW, Lubbock, Amarillo & Abilene CLASH!!!

PaNiC!

Smash Apprentice
hmm I have to play and learn as much as possible at this tourny!! so.. that being said

Lets get some pre-planned 1$ money matches going. Anyone down ?? :D

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
I challenge you to an 806 style MM!!!!!! Also it would be great if you taught wario to one of the new players joining our community :)

lets do it baby!
Oh yeah bro teaching Wario may not be as easy to teach people to be a better Captain Falcon player (cus not everyone's equipped for the job) but Wario's more safe...has more options...and can punish easily with the best areal movement in the game....

Just the damn Grab to punish stuff......even ganondorf on a top platform of Pokemon stadium can spike poor Wario to his doom depending on the damage percentage.

PaNiC!

Smash Apprentice
I'll take you up on your offer.....as long as you record the matches for my boards.
yeah thats a good idea. I'm also trying to save and record as much as possible also for critiques.

Cant wait to meet all of you out of city peeps!!!

rel12

Smash Apprentice
hmmm Thinking bout teaming for this...

Edit: Me & Neon will be taking 1st in dubz :D

& you should do Low Tier Teams

Dakpo

Smash Lord
i still think yoshi has the most potential...more so than ike >_<

But i though you said you liked mario?

PaNiC!

Smash Apprentice
i still think yoshi has the most potential...more so than ike >_<

But i though you said you liked mario?
o yeah! why do i forget he's low tier. I guess because i see more potential than that!
* goes to practice mario Thanks Dakota!

Denti

Smash Master
rel are you actually coming to this? the last couple of tournaments you've said you'll be attending you bailed last second XD

btw hype!!! who's housing my carpool again?

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
Seriously you should do Low/Mid Tier doubles bro....you'll get a lot of people interested because it'll cover a lot of ground as far as character preference is.

OR....

You can do what D4BA suggested:

random teams. U draw a players name out of the hat to partner up with people. THose 2 players get pitted against another team. Each team has 2 character bans ;P. Could be fun no?

I place a Batou seal of approval on this :D

rel12

Smash Apprentice
Denti, yes i know, i had badluck with tournaments, but i know i will be here! only thing that will stop me is if this weather keeps going on!!

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
Denti, yes i know, i had badluck with tournaments, but i know i will be here! only thing that will stop me is if this weather keeps going on!!
Yes...and you will be there for you has a MM against the greatest Captain Falcon player in america :D

PaNiC!

Smash Apprentice
Seriously you should do Low/Mid Tier doubles bro....you'll get a lot of people interested because it'll cover a lot of ground as far as character preference is.

OR....

You can do what D4BA suggested:

random teams. U draw a players name out of the hat to partner up with people. THose 2 players get pitted against another team. Each team has 2 character bans ;P. Could be fun no?

I place a Batou seal of approval on this :D
THAT SOUNDS AMAZING. Alejandro screw duelist lets do this.

also. check this out. http://www.examiner.com/video-game-...-gamers-a-haven-for-lan-gaming-and-used-games

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
.....maybe this would be the right dmt to do a low tier (AS A SIDE EVENT)
Do as I suggested Dakpo.
A side event will need to be fun as well as competitive.
I mean how often do you get to team with a random person and you get two character bans?
I'd pay 5 dollars for the d*** lulz.

Dakpo

Smash Lord
Well, even though these are called Dakpo's Monthly Tournament, we switch host from month to month as we switch cities. So Alejandro (aka as FTP) has the final say. Bu t i agree. random partnering is super fun...and character bans :DDDD
But then again, we have sooo many low tier mains coming....Andre, alejandro, you, alsm....i wonder what FTP will pick :)

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
Given that it's just a side event and highly optional, I'm going to make a low tier bracket. I think I have the support of more than just two lt mains this time around, so there you have it folks!

Singles, Doubles & LTs (side) are officially the events for DMT 5.

Edit: I liked the idea of random teams as well, but LT's just seemed way too good to be true :)
Edit2: Oh and prices will remain at $5 an event, just so we save up for WHOBO 3 which is approaching fast! Hope that everyone's ok with that.

PaNiC!

Smash Apprentice
low tier singles is the side event right ? Awesome. My mario is going to get to ride alot of yoshis.

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
So here are the MMs for DMT so far:

FTP vs PaniC $10
PaniC vs ALSM $5
PaniC vs NeoBatou $5
NeoBatou vs Rel12 $5

These matches will happen at specific times and will be done that way so that they can get hyped by everyone and should also be recorded.

Top Bottom