• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do The Mario 4 [It's Uair]

KMFBrawler

Smash Journeyman
Name: Rko
Region: Europe, the Netherlands.
Standard colour: Red/Blue.
Estimated clips: 3 now, might get more.

My bro had problems making an account here, so I signed him in.

stack

Smash Cadet
NNID
stack0123
It's more of a consultant really. Just someone I can ask questions to and help me get stuff. Helping make the gct would be nice too. Off the top of my head I would need...

-A stage with a solid color background. Something that is easy to mask.
-Help on animation hacks
-The simple stuff like removal of HUD/Tags, Infinite Replay, Unrestricted Camera, same costume color.

I'll probably get more ideas as things move forward.

While we're on the topic, what is everyone's opinions on texture hacks in the actual gameplay. If so, they would be probably simple ones like Smash Skiff and the like. Nothing too big.
I already have a .gct premade with these exact codes. It also has a stage editor hack, but that doesn't matter. If you like I can e-mail it to you via msn, yahoo, or I can send it through Skype. I don't have an account in any file hosting websites so I can't make it available for downloading.

steep

Smash Lord
Fire!, I was still wondering when you would be able to get on so I can send you replays. :D Just let me know! Thanks in advance!

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
Remember guys, we have until August 12th to get these replays through. No need to jump on it so fast.

This time right now is for recruiting and getting replays.

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
Fire. The clip i gave you of me against falcon on pictochat....well, i don't want that....

http://www.mediafire.com/?odu11ed4wq4sfb7

^ Use that one. It's awesome! :)

Oh. To any other mario main that wanna see it just DL it & put it in your replay folder on yer sd card.
It's me vs. a rob main.

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
Yeah, that's cool.

Hopefully we can get another 2-3 people to sign up.

To those going to Genesis 2, try to get some replays. This is a good chance to get some big names in the video!

KIRIN BETTER GET ON THIS!!

- Theelitebrawler -

Smash Apprentice
NNID
theelitebrawler
This might sound dumb but, we should release the montage on
Sept. 13 since that is Mario's birthday :). but that would just delay the montage even further unless
you guys like the idea..

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
I think I might start actively recruiting people so we can get at least 12-15 people. Anyone know any good Mario's that may not be as well known?

As for the birthday, it really depends on how the recording//editing process goes.

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
I think I might start actively recruiting people so we can get at least 12-15 people. Anyone know any good Mario's that may not be as well known?

As for the birthday, it really depends on how the recording//editing process goes.
Well, we all know flameleon. I think he still wanna be in this project,
if you take some of his prerecorded clips that he got on youtube.

As far for that "good marios that aren't that known"
1.DEsean (Aib)
2.Sm_merlo (aib)

↑Both of them are pretty good/legit.
I wish my boy takeshi was still active. He was in dtm2 right along w/matador.

EDIT:one more name, Dekar. Most of us saw videos of his mario, & yeah, he's good.
I think his real main is diddy, but he second mario, i'm sure.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Name: Matador
Region: MD/VA, Atlantic North
Color Mario: Fire Mario
Estimated Clips: Like...8.

:phone:

- rko -

Smash Apprentice
Hey Fire!, not to be a prick or anything like that, but could u change the capital R in my name to a normal r, please? Im kinda sensitive about that, Im just weird like that xD.

- rko -

Smash Apprentice
I also want to add that anyone that can convince 2fast to be in DTM4, should do so. I find his mario very impressive to say the least.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
I second that. 2Fast, Kirin, and Vato_Break all have great clips to add, I'm sure.

And I bet they have reputable opponents in the clips, too.

steep

Smash Lord
Would any good doubles moments clips be able to be used? I have a couple games saved of the doubles matches Joey and I played in at GP Affairs last weekend (we got second in dubs. Woo!) so there are probably some good Mario moments in there somewhere.

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
Vato isn't gonna join dtm4, unless bo_x7 joins with him.
He feels that the other marios that's gonna be in this.....what's that word i'm looking for
oh yeah, "Wack marios" i just hope everyone makes him eat his words.

As for 2fast, kirin, tc1 & flameleon...We just need them four & we'll set!

EDIT: Not every mario can get out to big tourneys & play big names like adhd, ally, m2k etc....
on the daily, saving up 100's of dollars to travel halfway across this country to play them.

Now, b4 anything gets WAY OUT OF HAND, i'm here to say w/o a doubt,
i respect vato's mario & how good he still is with him. You just won't see him using mario in tournament play nowadays.

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
If anyone wants to PM them about it, please be my guest. The more people bother them, the likely they'll jump on it.

Speaking of which, how is everyone that's signed up doing? I still want to do some kind of get-together on the Xat where we can all play each other on Wifi. That thing Matador is putting together might just be what I'm looking for.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
I dunno the answer to that question, Steep. IIRC, one of the other DTMs had a clip or two of doubles play.

They'd prolly have to be particularly epic tho...and even then, Fire! =/= BO X7

It's his call.

steep

Smash Lord
Thanks Matador. lol Idk why I get ignored.... maybe it's because I don't use colored font or something. XD

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
Sorry about that steep, I didn't even notice the question.

Doubles gameplay is accepted.

Actually, I was really hoping people were going to submit dubs matches so thanks for bringing that up.

ThatGuy

Smash Master
To Coolwhip, since he sent me a visitor message, but has both visitor messages and private messaging disabled (lol?),

I don't think I'll be worth considering adding to the video. I never owned a Wii, and haven't played Brawl since...09-22-2010, apparently.

On a side note (to everyone else), the roster looks pretty big, and 9 out of 10 people are new to the DTM series (although I have kept tabs on Xero and he deservingly should be in the video if he so chooses). The thread that appears to be the most recent tournament results thread died in January, so there doesn't appear to be anything empirical to go off how good you guys actually are.

Please keep in mind that this video should display the best the current Mario metagame has to offer. I apologize for sounding like a cynic, but for those who want to be involved, make your presence worth it. Make it a video you can be proud to be in. If you don't think you can live up to these standards, it might be worth stepping down until you are ready for it.

- Theelitebrawler -

Smash Apprentice
NNID
theelitebrawler
To Coolwhip, since he sent me a visitor message, but has both visitor messages and private messaging disabled (lol?),

I don't think I'll be worth considering adding to the video. I never owned a Wii, and haven't played Brawl since...09-22-2010, apparently.

On a side note (to everyone else), the roster looks pretty big, and 9 out of 10 people are new to the DTM series (although I have kept tabs on Xero and he deservingly should be in the video if he so chooses). The thread that appears to be the most recent tournament results thread died in January, so there doesn't appear to be anything empirical to go off how good you guys actually are.

Please keep in mind that this video should display the best the current Mario metagame has to offer. I apologize for sounding like a cynic, but for those who want to be involved, make your presence worth it. Make it a video you can be proud to be in. If you don't think you can live up to these standards, it might be worth stepping down until you are ready for it.
Don't worry I will have great clips to add to the video. That sucks... I saw you in
Dtm3? I think.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?

No worries about content. Fire! will apparently be sifting through them to make sure they're awesome enough to be in the vid.

Sad to hear that you don't play much anymore T_T. Just figured you got tired of the boards.

Come back in the Xat!!!

Top Bottom