• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do You Want Sheik To Return?

Do You Want Shiek To Return?

• Yes

Votes: 77 76.2%
  • No

Votes: 24 23.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spire

III
BRoomer
No.

I want Sheik to get cut from Zelda's moveset and reworked into the separate spiritual successor Impa.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Indifferent, i'm fine with sheik or impa.

I just want zelda standalone, the transforming thing hasn't been perfected yet, and it kinda sucks for shiek to use in smash. It's best that they scrap it.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
No.

I want Sheik to get cut from Zelda's moveset and reworked into the separate spiritual successor Impa.
I would be fine with this, an entirely separate Sheik or if it was more or less the same with a Zelda transformation.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Not a question, man.
Aha! I misread. My bad.

If Sheik returns, I won't be upset because Sheik is cool. If Sheik gets replaced by Impa, I'll be really surprised and happy. It's in my opinion that Impa is more interesting and important to the series than Sheik and thus would be a better representation of the "Sheikah" archetype in Smash Bros. Furthermore, if Impa replaces Sheik then the LoZ series would be represented like so:
  • Link (TP)
  • Zelda (TP)
  • Toon Link (WW)
  • Impa (SS)
What diversity! Who knows what Ganondorf would become. Hopefully a WW rep to balance the TP/WW ratio, or as a curveball, OoT Ganondorf would be a nice throwback, rounding out a better representation of the series.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
If Sheik returns, I won't be upset because Sheik is cool. If Sheik gets replaced by Impa, I'll be really surprised and happy. It's in my opinion that Impa is more interesting and important to the series than Sheik and thus would be a better representation of the "Sheikah" archetype in Smash Bros.
I agree. As long as the Sheikah are still represented it will be fine if Sheik doesn't return.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I am willing to bet all my money that the one vote against Sheik is Diddy Kong's.
Not actually though. But if I'm right feel free to give me some money anyway.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I am willing to bet all my money that the one vote against Sheik is Diddy Kong's.
Not actually though. But if I'm right feel free to give me some money anyway.
Read the very first reply to this thread and guess again :p

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
It's a fan favorite character and the only part of Zelda I ever play. So yes, of course I would.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
i can do without shiek.
or have her be a separate character and both shiek and zelda get a new down b.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Sheik was perfectly tweaked in Brawl. Now Zelda just needs more movement, a focus on single hitting rather than multiple hitting attacks such as a Phantom statue swinging a sword for a forward smash and a faster grab.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I I'm not voting because the feelings neutral about shiek for me

And shiek is on the line if the phantom knight is a special move and its down B shiek is the first character to get kicked. But pretty good chance that the knight is just a assist trophy

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
I'd hate to see Zelda's transformation mechanic go, but as a Zelda main I'm not opposed to the idea of her becoming a stand-alone character. I don't really ever use Sheik as it is.

Popular veterans getting cut is never good, though, and for that reason I'd have to oppose Sheik being cut. There's a lot of Sheik fans out there.

ZelDan

Smash Master
She's my Melee main (and I like using her in Brawl and Project M), so yes I'd like her to return.

They could still keep Zelda and Sheik connected, but have transformation be a taunt for both, so Zelda and Sheik could both get an actual down b move.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
They could still keep Zelda and Sheik connected, but have transformation be a taunt for both, so Zelda and Sheik could both get an actual down b move.

Good point... Samus is able to transform into Zamus by utilizing her taunt... No reason Zelda's transform mechanic couldn't be changed to work in the same manner.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Transforming freely via taunt would be unfair. The drawback to Zelda and Sheik's versatility is that each character must surrender one of their move slots.

Samus' taunt transformation is difficult to execute under duress and one way only. You cannot freely transform from ZSS to Samus. Once you transform, you are stuck barring a Smash Ball.

Zelda and Sheik can transform freely and with ease, and the price for that increased matchup versatility must necessarily be a move slot.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Yeah at this point i really dont care for the alter ego that is sheik. She wont gain anything since she has hit a brick wall due to not appearing in anything else, and most of all zelda should be able to stand on her own as a great character without being stuck with this gimmick for every smash bros game. I dont expect sheik to disappear though, god knows sakurai loves his traditions and many would have a fit anyway, but dammit i want some change!

So no, i dont want her to return.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Preferably, yeah. Would be kinda sad to see her go if she's gone, not that it'll affect me to the point of Mewtwo being cut from Brawl did though.

pitthekit

Smash Ace
The only way if the transform gimmick is gonna work if it is instant like frame 1 with no cool down that way you could string op shiek and Zelda combos. Then sheik can finally be god tier. Or I want cgi impa

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social
I honestly don't want her to be cut, but if she were cut and Impa were implemented I would not be heart broken at all. I would rather Sheik get cut and replaced with Impa than Sheik stay and Impa is not in the game, so I picked no. I do not want Sheik to return unless Impa is not in the game.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Wow, this thread made me realize why the BBrawl team had that much trouble getting people to accept Sheik and Zelda were an unit.

D

Deleted member

I am mostly indifferent. If she's back, great! If not, I can live with it. I don't care about Impa at all as well…

Master Of Blades

Smash Apprentice
The bottom of Mariana's trench. Come visit!
3DS FC
2123-0105-9733
I don't think Sheik is going anywhere. She's a Zelda staple at this point. Until, we figure out what that new move(?) really is, it's all left to speculation. But, personally, I want Impa AND Sheik. Impa is enough of her own character to be a new, original character separate from Zelda, an Sheik, well, she is kinda a package deal withe Zelda.

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
I'm basically indifferent I guess, considering that I've never played Ocarina of Time.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
I voted no because it'd be cooler if Shiek's move set was instead taken up by Impa from Skyward Sword, she looks cooler and is more important than Shiek. It'll probably be like how Young Link was replaced by Toon Link visually because he was more important.

Hong

The Strongest
Same fighting style, new character.

There is no harmony between the Sheik and Zelda. They can be rebalanced so that there is, but it's not actually adding anything interesting to the game when both characters already stand out well on their own.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Do people realize that even if she was cut, that wouldn't necessarily mean Impa would take her spot?
It's amazing the leap of logic you people take, like, really.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Of course not, there are no rules. However, Sheik and Impa collectively embody the "Sheikah" archetype. It doesn't have to be one or the other, it can be both. We treat them from a duality point of view, choosing black or white, when it can be approached from polar point of view regarding black and white. Neither is better though, because we known the team will be conservational when it comes to moveset uniqueness. That said, Link and Toon Link coexist, but that is because Sakurai believes two Links are imperative. Two Sheikah though? Might be a stretch in representing said Legend of Zelda element when the series is robust with diversity. One Sheikah is honestly enough, and logically speaking there appears to be only cushion enough for a single representative of such a style.

Sheik = Smash veteran and Zelda alt; is a Sheikah apprentice
Impa = Legend of Zelda veteran and master Sheikah who teaches Zelda the Sheikah arts; creator of Sheik

milligraham

Smash Apprentice
Considering that I main Sheik in Melee now I obviously want her to be in Smash 4. I would kind of prefer if they split Zelda and Sheik into different characters on the selection screen.

Tree Cat

Smash Cadet
Yes, but change transformation to taunt.

(somewhat related: do this for pokemon trainer also, and don't switch on death)

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Honestly, no. I'd rather Zelda be a character of her own, and higher up on the tier list. I'm not a huge fan of Sheik's moveset as I am Zelda's. I feel bad saying this though for all the Sheik fans, so if Sheik were to return I'd like Zelda and Sheik to both be balanced and possibly Sheik separate from Zelda so they each have 4 specials (or change the transformation to a taunt).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom