• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do You Want Sheik To Return?

Do You Want Shiek To Return?

• Yes

Votes: 77 76.2%
  • No

Votes: 24 23.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
There's no reason she shouldn't return, she's a very unique character, and all Sakurai would have to do is retexture her Brawl model

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
Aha! I misread. My bad.

If Sheik returns, I won't be upset because Sheik is cool. If Sheik gets replaced by Impa, I'll be really surprised and happy. It's in my opinion that Impa is more interesting and important to the series than Sheik and thus would be a better representation of the "Sheikah" archetype in Smash Bros. Furthermore, if Impa replaces Sheik then the LoZ series would be represented like so:
  • Link (TP)
  • Zelda (TP)
  • Toon Link (WW)
  • Impa (SS)
What diversity! Who knows what Ganondorf would become. Hopefully a WW rep to balance the TP/WW ratio, or as a curveball, OoT Ganondorf would be a nice throwback, rounding out a better representation of the series.
ganondorf is probably gonna be the TP version but we have toon link anyway

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
I don't think Sheik is going anywhere. She's a Zelda staple at this point. Until, we figure out what that new move(?) really is, it's all left to speculation. But, personally, I want Impa AND Sheik. Impa is enough of her own character to be a new, original character separate from Zelda, an Sheik, well, she is kinda a package deal withe Zelda.
I think thats a little to much sheikah

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
I rather have impa since she is more interesting to me but I am highly doubting shiek will be cut.

the member saying that it does not imply that impa is in if sheik is cut may not of considered the fact that sakurai may not want to get rid of a unique moveset,

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I don't want Sheik, but I don't want Impa either. I want Zelda to be useful and not overshadowed by some transformation.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
We've seen that the Sheilda concept has yet to be done right and there have been considerable requests to see them separated.

Personally, I think Sheik holds Zelda back in regards to her potential.

I say add in Impa as a standalone character and add Sheik as an alt. for her. This way, Zelda has the potential to be good for once.

I think people are too attached to Sheik and refuse to move on. There's more to Zelda than OOT.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Sheik holds back Zelda for being a good character?

Considering Sakurai really focus on balancing this time, this could happen.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
The problem is that the two are polarized in play style with little synergy between each other.

And with theoretically so many options, they're polarized even more.

PrincessZelda19

Smash Cadet
Sheik is another side of Zelda without her it wouldn't be that much fun to see a part of Zelda go but if they replace Sheik with Impa that's cool too

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
I want sheik to return for sure, but how much I like her might change from what it was in Brawl. I'm addicted to DACUS. :awesome:

But (As stated plently of times) with the inclusion of sheik (In brawl) Sakurai made Zelda (AND sheik) "half of a character" If he can keep them together, but work them better to be viable alone, then I'll be super happy.

But I've heard a certain thing about the way he's "balancing" that makes me think it won't be that much better balance-wise, and with all the gimmicky new play styles being introduced, making Zelda/sheik transform dynamic more gimmicky seems to be the way he'll go.

tl;dr I'm not expecting much good if Sheik returns, but I want her to.

Last edited:

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
The problem is that the two are polarized in play style with little synergy between each other.

And with theoretically so many options, they're polarized even more.
Hence another reason to keep them tied as a transformation. It gives the character variety.

On topic, it's not really a question of want or not since Sheik will inevitably return. But yes, I want Sheik to return.

andimidna

Smash Master
We've seen that the Sheilda concept has yet to be done right and there have been considerable requests to see them separated.

Personally, I think Sheik holds Zelda back in regards to her potential.

I say add in Impa as a standalone character and add Sheik as an alt. for her. This way, Zelda has the potential to be good for once.

I think people are too attached to Sheik and refuse to move on. There's more to Zelda than OOT.
I'm guessing you don't play as Zelda very often.

Zelda is low tier due to being slow and a MAJOR lag inbetween attacks. She is tall, light, slow, and floaty. Bad combination.
If she gains one extra move, and nothing else is changed, she will be in the exact same spot on the tier list.
Nothing would actually change with her, she'd just have a new ability, but would lose an entire moveset.
She'd lose her uniqueness gimmick too, which is NOT going to happen in the Smash Bros that has been centered around uniqueness.

Impa deserves more than to be Sheik #2 anyways. You Impa fans should be requesting a magic-esque moveset for her. If she replaces Sheik, she will be mostly hated. She will be the new Lucario, and around SSB5 time, Sheik would be the new Mewtwo.

You shouldn't want that if you like her.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
I'm guessing you don't play as Zelda very often.

Zelda is low tier due to being slow and a MAJOR lag inbetween attacks. She is tall, light, slow, and floaty. Bad combination.
If she gains one extra move, and nothing else is changed, she will be in the exact same spot on the tier list.
Nothing would actually change with her, she'd just have a new ability, but would lose an entire moveset.
She'd lose her uniqueness gimmick too, which is NOT going to happen in the Smash Bros that has been centered around uniqueness.

Impa deserves more than to be Sheik #2 anyways. You Impa fans should be requesting a magic-esque moveset for her. If she replaces Sheik, she will be mostly hated. She will be the new Lucario, and around SSB5 time, Sheik would be the new Mewtwo.

You shouldn't want that if you like her.
But she's tall, light, slow, and floaty because they had to make her the opposite of the speedy ninja sheik

andimidna

Smash Master
But she's tall, light, slow, and floaty because they had to make her the opposite of the speedy ninja sheik
But the thing is, she doesn't have to be.
That's not the gimmick, it's changing characters whenever you want to. They appear to be making Zelda much stronger in this game. So she could easily become heavy, strong, and slow. Which would balance perfectly. They could even make Sheik faster if he wants them fully separate. But he doesn't need to, Sheik could just be made stronger too, and be given more useful special attacks.
They are changing up everybody's stats in this categories it seems. Sheik being removed wouldn't make them say "Yes! We can finally make her fast! She'll be good now!"
If they make Sheik like she was in Melee, and make Zelda heavier, stronger, and not floaty. It's perfect.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I think being a lightweight is part of the "double moveset" mechanic, as you have access to a strong, slow character and a fast character. But I agree Zelda need to put on some weight. I mean, that dress, those boots, it may be quite heavy :troll:

andimidna

Smash Master
I think being a lightweight is part of the "double moveset" mechanic, as you have access to a strong, slow character and a fast character. But I agree Zelda need to put on some weight. I mean, that dress, those boots, it may be quite heavy :troll:
Her floating necklace weighs her down:troll:
Her leg being so heavy it can tear through her dress with ease practically confirms she's a heavyweight now, right?

I see her being heavy as pretty reasonable though, because, for some reason, :rosalina:is a lightweight.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Pretty sure it has something to do with an idea of not making female characters heavy (the only one is Samus, and only when using her Power Suit).
I'm okay with Zelda being light and floaty (I mean, that's how Brawl is anyway), but there is no reason for all of her moves to be that laggy (specially Farore's Wind having so much cooldown before even being able to move horizontally WTF).

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
But the thing is, she doesn't have to be.
That's not the gimmick, it's changing characters whenever you want to. They appear to be making Zelda much stronger in this game. So she could easily become heavy, strong, and slow. Which would balance perfectly. They could even make Sheik faster if he wants them fully separate. But he doesn't need to, Sheik could just be made stronger too, and be given more useful special attacks.
They are changing up everybody's stats in this categories it seems. Sheik being removed wouldn't make them say "Yes! We can finally make her fast! She'll be good now!"
If they make Sheik like she was in Melee, and make Zelda heavier, stronger, and not floaty. It's perfect.
But if they aren't opposite whats the point, If zelda was fast that would make sheik much less useful

andimidna

Smash Master
But if they aren't opposite whats the point, If zelda was fast that would make sheik much less useful
Would it?
Would it really?
Are you saying Sheik is just a fast Zelda?
Well, no. Sheik has a different moveset.
Ivysaur being fast wouldn't make Squirtle useless. It's no different here. It's still a different play style with all unique moves.
Besides, I'm requesting that they make Zelda heavier and stronger rather than faster. I just wanted to bring up that both could get the job done.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
Would it?
Would it really?
Are you saying Sheik is just a fast Zelda?
Well, no. Sheik has a different moveset.
Ivysaur being fast wouldn't make Squirtle useless. It's no different here. It's still a different play style with all unique moves.
Besides, I'm requesting that they make Zelda heavier and stronger rather than faster. I just wanted to bring up that both could get the job done.
Well that wouldn't really make sense for her to be heavy since she's a magic user and you don't really expect them to be heavy

andimidna

Smash Master
Well that wouldn't really make sense for her to be heavy since she's a magic user and you don't really expect them to be heavy
Being a magic user has had no direct affect on gravity or weight of any character, ever.
Zelda was somewhat heavy in Brawl.
Palutena will likely be somewhat of a heavier character.
Rosalina was a heavyweight in MKWii, a Cruiser in MK7, and is the heaviest character in SM3DW.
She's a magic user and goes completely against her canon weight in the Mario series simply because she's floating
Well, Zelda is not floating.

Last edited:

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
Being a magic user has had no direct affect on gravity or weight of any character, ever.
Zelda was somewhat heavy in Brawl.
Palutena will likely be somewhat of a heavier character.
Rosalina was a heavyweight in MKWii, a Cruiser in MK7, and is the heaviest character in SM3DW.
She's a magic user and goes completely against her canon weight in the Mario series simply because she's floating
Well, Zelda is not floating.
Yes but looking at her she doesn't look like the heaviest fighter now does she. Also rosalina is a light weight in smash and how is she the heaviest in 3D World?

andimidna

Smash Master
Yes but looking at her she doesn't look like the heaviest fighter now does she. Also rosalina is a light weight in smash and how is she the heaviest in 3D World?
It doesn't matter what they look like, because, Rosalina and Zelda.

She just is.
1st jump is the lowest, she's the slowest, she's the largest, she falls the fastest.
If that's not heavy, I don't know what is.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Yeah, that's weird haha. But that's how they went for this game regarding Rosalina, despite being a heavy weight in Mario Kart.

andimidna

Smash Master
Yeah, that's weird haha. But that's how they went for this game regarding Rosalina, despite being a heavy weight in Mario Kart.
Yea, but we've known canon doesn't matter in Smash for a while.
Which is why TP Zelda will once again transform into OoT Sheik and it will be perfectly fine.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
Yea, but we've known canon doesn't matter in Smash for a while.
Which is why TP Zelda will once again transform into OoT Sheik and it will be perfectly fine.
I think you mean Twilight Princess concept art sheik
Well she doesn't really look like a heavy weight and I have no idea why hey did it for mario kart, I guess they wanted to put her in as a galaxy promotion and they already had enough lightweight and middleweights so they just made her heavy

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
About Rosalina, her weight class in Mario Kart is just due to the fact she is tall. Nobody's going to say Waluigi is heavy, yet he drives heavy karts in MKWii. Otherwise, he mainly is a middleweight character, and a light character in MK GP DX.

andimidna

Smash Master
I think you mean Twilight Princess concept art sheik

Well she doesn't really look like a heavy weight and I have no idea why hey did it for mario kart, I guess they wanted to put her in as a galaxy promotion and they already had enough lightweight and middleweights so they just made her heavy
1) Sheik is an Ocarina of Time character, not a Twilight Princess concept art character.

2) Rosalina is extremely tall. Much taller than Mario

She's floating so it's hard to compare

Different angle.

This kind of looks fake... I don't remember her being THAT tall.

Here's a good Galaxy 2 height comparison.

She does grow like 100x bigger for some reason in this scene though...

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
1) Sheik is an Ocarina of Time character, not a Twilight Princess concept art character.

2) Rosalina is extremely tall. Much taller than Mario
Yes but the brawl design is based off of TP concept art and rosalina may be tall but she's the the mother of the cosmos or whatever her title is, you wouldn't expect her to be heavy like in smash

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Again, do you expect tall characters like Rosalina to fit into a Small Kart?
She is not heavy. She drives heavy kart cause she only fit in them.

About Sheik, although her look comes from a TP concept art, she still is an OoT character, and is referenced to only appears in OoT in her Brawl's trophy.

andimidna

Smash Master
Yes but the brawl design is based off of TP concept art and rosalina may be tall but she's the the mother of the cosmos or whatever her title is, you wouldn't expect her to be heavy like in smash
Actually, the Hyrule Historia now says otherwise.

Okay, I'm just going to say it, I cant rebuttal your logic because it's extremely awful and so painfully obvious that it's not good logic.
I don't care if she has magic, or if her lumas call her mama, or if she's the guardian of the cosmos. It means absolutely nothing about her weight in Smash Bros.

Proof of Sheik may have been found, 1 sec.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
Actually, the Hyrule Historia now says otherwise.

Okay, I'm just going to say it, I cant rebuttal your logic because it's extremely awful and so painfully obvious that it's not good logic.
I don't care if she has magic, or if her lumas call her mama, or if she's the guardian of the cosmos. It means absolutely nothing about her weight in Smash Bros.

Proof of Sheik may have been found, 1 sec.
But rosalina is quite obviously supposed to be a lightweight regardless of her size and obviously sakurai thinks that too, she's from space for gods sake and with the sheik thing, you said that We have TP zelda turning into OoT sheik when at least design wise thats clearly not the case

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
But rosalina is quite obviously supposed to be a lightweight regardless of her size and obviously sakurai thinks that too, she's from space for gods sake and with the sheik thing, you said that We have TP zelda turning into OoT sheik when at least design wise thats clearly not the case
Do you even read my posts? :troll:

Rosalina: Tall, Light Character who drives heavy karts, 'cause she is tall and fits in them only.
Sheik: A character from OoT, said to be from OoT in Brawl. With a Twilight Princess Design to go along the other Zelda characters.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
Do you even read my posts? :troll:

Rosalina: Tall, Light Character who drives heavy karts, 'cause she is tall and fits in them only.
Sheik: A character from OoT, said to be from OoT in Brawl. With a Twilight Princess Design to go along the other Zelda characters.
I don't see why she wouldn't be able to fit in a medium kart, they already shrunk her down from galaxy in wii and even in 3D world she's around the same height as peach

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I don't see why she wouldn't be able to fit in a medium kart, they already shrunk her down from galaxy in wii and even in 3D world she's around the same height as peach
Peach's size is also reduced to be about the same as Mario. It's just part of the gameplay. In other games, her Galaxy size was respected. She is even a bit taller in SSB4, compared to Galaxy.

I mean... If this Peach looks normal to you...

andimidna

Smash Master
1) This is how Zelda summons Assist Trophies in Brawl.

Phantom Zelda is basically confirmed an assist trophy.

As you can see in the Brawl picture, she makes the pose for a long enough time that the assist can jump off out of the pic.And there is also a Brawl pic of this pose next to Isaac, so both are possible, and it's exactly what happened.
So, I guess I was wrong when I originally thought Zelda was doing a taunt next to her. She's just summoning her, and is summoning a different assist in the picture with Link and Peach.

2)

Din's Fire has returned.

3)

Farore's Wind has returned. Zelda is not receiving major changes in her moves.

4)

And by default, Nayru's Love will return. Nayru is just as important as the other goddesses. Nayru's Love is just as important as the other goddess moves in OoT. If one returns, all 3 return. And TWO have returned.

5)

This is Sheik's pose in Brawl's artwork.
And is also her transformation animation from Melee.
More evidence coming soon.

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Ah, the good old "this is this Zelda's pose" thing :troll:

I still think it's an updated animation for Din's fire we see on the phantom picture. Afterall, in the phantom picture, the movement of the dress (especially the thing with the triforce and all in front of the dress - how do you call that part anyway?) is really like the Din's fire animation in Brawl, yet in the recent Din's Fire picture, the dress movement is different than in Brawl, but looks to be the same as the phantom picture.

Guess only time will tell us.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord

This is Sheik's pose in Brawl's artwork.
And is also her transformation animation from Melee.
More evidence coming soon.
To me the fifth one just looks like a taunt, because there are no sparkles or flashes of light whatsoever, if you can show me the melee animation I may believe you

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom