• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Doc General Discussion: Ask and ye shall receive ft. otg and Shroomed!

Desh

Smash Ace
rofl XD idk, at that point i was just more comfortable with my peach vs josh after playing him in pools =/
plus i can hope about the dsmash thing x]

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
i like desh because his avatar tells me that he has interest in one of the greatest shows ever created

TemPesT-

Smash Lord
NOT TOPIC WORTHY QUESTION

anyone know how often doc shoots a bad pill?? i just found out about them last night and was like wtf... and can anyone tell me how else they are different? all i really know if that they bounce off of ppl and make a weird turtle shell noise.

SpruceTengu

Smash Journeyman
placed 3rd in doubles this weekend D:
13th in singles >_> i forfeit a match i could have won because i didnt feel like dealing with a grumpy campy fox on corneria =/
but w.e i lost the set 1-1 i guess O_o
I would like to take this time to remind you that the "Character specific" "Doctor Mario" boards are a "johns-free" zone. Please pay careful consideration to this fact and help keep our boards free of unsightly whining, *****ing, and excuses.

Thank you, and enjoy the boards.

Edit: To avoid double posting-- PHANTOM PILL?! WHA?! I don't think this has ever happened to me. But... it sounds heartbreaking; like erectile dysfunction for the mighty doc... : (

SpruceTengu

Smash Journeyman
... I'm still not sure I understand. Is there something that MAKES a pill "phantomize"? Like, does it hit the opponent at a wierd frame, like maybe when they're coming out of a roll or something?

And then the effect? Does it just do damage with no hitstun, or what? 0_o' I must see this.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Man, I haven't ever seen a pill phantom.... Maybe I need to pill more!

Desh

Smash Ace
im pretty sure a phantom-anything occurs when the very tip/edge/end of the hit box is what makes contact with the opponent.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
... I'm still not sure I understand. Is there something that MAKES a pill "phantomize"? Like, does it hit the opponent at a wierd frame, like maybe when they're coming out of a roll or something?

And then the effect? Does it just do damage with no hitstun, or what? 0_o' I must see this.
im pretty sure a phantom-anything occurs when the very tip/edge/end of the hit box is what makes contact with the opponent.
^ I dunno, I'm pretty sure you're wrong 8)
It's either what desh said or when you hit the very tip of an opponent's hurtbox. Pretty much when a hitbox and hurtbox graze each other.

Desh

Smash Ace
yeah thats what i meant dogy,
and meta your big words threw me off so idk if what you said is what i meant ^________^

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
What exactly does this look like? Does the pill continue moving after it phantom hits? Video evidence would be appreciated

On a related note, phantom capes are really funny
Yeah.

The pill just kinda keeps on going and you hear a turtle shell noise (same one kirby gets when he lands a pill) instead of the regular pill ring.

Metà

Smash Master
Ohhh, I think I might have gotten that before, a long time ago. I think it's happened to me a few times, but I haven't played Doc in quite a long time now. I gave him up for good once I realized how much more awesome Mario is (deep inside, you know it's true, but don't want to admit it because Doc is actually better)

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
i phantom hit a bair and my opponent recovered and knee'd me and i los the ****ing game.

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
for some reason that reminded me of the vid of darkrain bs pc where darkrain ***** pc and pc's about to use his fire bird up b thing and darkrain goes to bair him and gets a phantom hit, pc goes back to the stage and dairs him and he dies and everyone lol's

Vulcan55

Smash Lord
Regular Mario sucks. He's a ****ing fat-*** who looks misshapen and ugly.
While Doc may also be, he hides it with his gi scrubs, which just so happen to make him look like a ninja.

otg

Smash Master
He's also faster, has better range, a better recovery, a semi-broken wd back -> fsmash, and best of all, is capable of the most epic team combo that doc CAN'T do:

grab release -> fair spike.

B!TCHESSSSSS

gotta love Doc though, his utilt is too sexy.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
I can't play mario in friendlies because my urge to switch my main to him gets too strong. He feels so smooth and sexyy...

no mo

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/u0wZxWPBuRs&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/u0wZxWPBuRs&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

Did somebody say falco lasers?

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
that's my shining glory right now. Glad pink reaper told me about that a while ago. It's not even my current "dumb thing to do to people", but I will gladly take it.

Which, btw, my current "dumb thing to do to people" is

Fox: d.air -> shine -> up+B over shield *straight down* -> shine -> whatever. All on a shield for a shield break.

I'm getting somebody with this. Somewhere, somehow.

It's like melee achievements. I gotta come up with a list of these ****s.

Gea

Smash Master
Were you just waiting for someone to say lasers?

I already lol'd at this when it was fresh on youtube. =)

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
that's my shining glory right now. Glad pink reaper told me about that a while ago. It's not even my current "dumb thing to do to people", but I will gladly take it.

Which, btw, my current "dumb thing to do to people" is

Fox: d.air -> shine -> up+B over shield *straight down* -> shine -> whatever. All on a shield for a shield break.

I'm getting somebody with this. Somewhere, somehow.

It's like melee achievements. I gotta come up with a list of these ****s.
You'll get me with that one of these days. You already got my Sheik with your Kirby.

You ****.

Smooth Criminal

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
na, smooth.

The fox thing is kinda like my melee achievements. Last one i had was F.throw -> F.air kills with ICs. That **** was hilarious.

I really am going to come up with like, a list today. Cause some of the old ones i did were hilarious. Prac asked me if I ever got somebody with a Nanapault kill and I completely forgot about Nanapaults. Now I wanna do that **** to somebody again.

__

But my kirby? Na, my kirby aint a joke! He's my legit low tier main. Took over for ness since that man wanted to stop lifting weights. I have been workin on my ness some though, so you better watch for that nonsense. PKT2 trixies, and the YO!

SpruceTengu

Smash Journeyman
Regular Mario sucks. He's a ****ing fat-*** who looks misshapen and ugly.
While Doc may also be, he hides it with his gi scrubs, which just so happen to make him look like a ninja.

LMAO It does indeed resemble a gi. xD I never really made the connection, but I always thought doc looked slightly more dangerous. That must be it : P

Top Bottom