• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Doc General Discussion: Ask and ye shall receive ft. otg and Shroomed!

HomeMadeWaffles

Smash Lord
hey guys

who is hardest matchup for you and why? lol...

for me its sheik

cause i dont know how to approach her

and cuz of the needles

and before u guys tell me how to fight sheik

answer my mediorce question lol

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
SHIEK AND BECAUSE SHE OUT EVERYTHINGS MEEEEEEEEEEEEE. ;d

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Falco still ***** me. But shiek is like, the most annoying. For some reason I may think she can't do **** to me and she is doing **** to me!!!! @-@

otg

Smash Master
Falco is easily my hardest matchup in general, regardless of using Doc or not. Laser pressure is too good against me, so I'm trying to learn to powershield consistently and that's a *****. Granted, the second you get a grab in or get him off stage it's cake, but getting that to happen is a different story.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Aight, no april fools, serious business.
__

In theory, I say marth is doc's hardest matchup.
Marth's biggest strength (zoning) is doc's biggest flaw. Marth is faster than doc, and he can handle pills in every way you're supposed to (he can zone against them, and he can run from them). Although Doc can gimp marth, Marth can gimp doc just as well. More of a problem to doc is that marth can actually defend himself well while recovering.

For me personally, I say Capfal is doc's hardest matchup.
Capfal, by generalization, is a rushdown character. The best way to stop rushdown is zoning (or evasion if you're faster than said rushdown character). Capfal is the fastest character in the game and has the biggest jumparc. Doc's zoning is his flaw. Do the math. XD
It also doesnt help that Capfal flatout has more range than doc (save pills), so zoning is really a 1 shot effort. The one thing Doc has on capfal in this matchup that he doesnt have on marth is that Doc can chaingrab Capfal, and gimps him easier (because of capfals recover, and because it's hard(er) for capfal to defend himself). That's why, as much as I personally ***** and moan, i know it's not the worse.

In the grand scheme of things, I say you realistically can put Marth, Capfal, and Sheik in a hat, draw them out at random, and those are your hardest matchups.

___

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer

Maids, Kohaku lead; and Hisui.

I want MBAA to get ported to PC so i can see how broke Kohaku apparently is.

She already LOOKS mad good in MBAA, but i heard that **** was just ********.

Sucks that all of hisui's new **** is :|.

___

Aoko looks like more fun than she already was in MBAC (Orb Toggling makes me laugh so **** hard) XD

Vulcan55

Smash Lord

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
I play Doc as a secondary now. He's really fun.

Soooo...

Expect to see me around here more often.

>__>

Smooth Criminal
**** doc. Play falco. That way i can put my SHFFDL practice with kirby to use next time I see you. **** IS TOO GOOD.
Oh, yeah. I forgot this thread is about melting blood or something now.
I mean if it's seriously gunna bother you, i could be the ******* im supposed to be, keep this forum (and the rest of them on topic), and just watch them all die like they have been. I give like, 90% of my advice on aim anyway. XD

Doc is like Sheik Lite.

Diet Sheik.

Cherry Sheik.

Sheik Blue.

Dr. Sheik.

Mountain Sheik.
I have found that doc is part

sheik/peach/ganon/ics/mario/samus/y.link; and that's only considering characters in melee.

DRD

Smash Lord
**** its been a while

This happens to me often
I just forget to come to a forum for weeks at a time

And now I probably suck at smash after not practicing
just too much other **** to do
oh well

St. Viers

Smash Champion
dogy--ciel=sheik+clash frames on dash, or ciel - clash frames on dash =shiek. Yours says the opposite XD

I personally think that falcon and marth are both much harder to deal with than sheik, but then again, I haven't played dan's sheik recently, so I'm stuck playing sheiks worse than me.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
oh man. I was staring at that picture long and hard this morning like "man i had to of ****ed something up there". --rolls eyes-- it's pretty bad. 10+ hours of melee with some Kirby Dream Course for 2 days straight will do that **** to you. (I think im getting challenged to a Kirby Dream Course MM in the future).

*John John John*

___

Sheik.

Sheik can **** doc up something fierce. It's actually pretty comical. The one thing that makes me die laughing about the matchup is that sheik cant CG doc, but I dont know how many times i've seen people try. She can get like, 1 or 2 grabs at 0% or so, but I dunno how many times i've seen somebody try to treat Doc like he's Ganon and chaingrab him to death.

-laughs-

___
*stares at name*
:( **** admins and their having fun and all. :(

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
You can mock-CG Doc for a good percentage if he DIs away from Sheik off D-throw.

Moral of the story: don't DI away from Sheik's D-throw at your mock-CGable percents. You will be mock-CGed.

Desh

Smash Ace
One time I DI'd away from Sheik's D-throw at my mock-CGable percents. He mock-CGed me.

DOOOGGGYYY.
i haz a question.
nvm i'll see if you're on aim.
i figure someones gotta get around to this eventually D:

otg

Smash Master
Dogy's gay because he has all this great advice and knowledge but never posts any of it on smashboards. Instead, it's hours and hours of AIM convos that I just don't feel like posting up here... and go figure neither does here.

It's the same reason why we will never have an uber matchup thread.

Desh

Smash Ace
Lol, i realized something today XP
i'd rather not have anymore stuff posted up here.
keeping it on aim is much nicer.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
GREEN WALLS OF TEXT ARE F***ING AMAZING.
im not gunna lie, i seriously didnt read into that. I get bent real easy on the boards sometimes cause people like to kill fun for no reason -glares at samus boards-.

I'll admit it. I ****ed up.

My bad. Im sorry. (im serious)

To make it up to you, i'll actually do a little work for something you asked for a while ago.

How bout I make it up with every vid from the last tourney i went to CAUSE SOMEBODY NAMED OTG WANTED SOME VIDEO THREAD BUT REFUSES TO DO WORK FOR IT LOL.

Dogysamich + SleepyK vs 112 + Carter 1+2
Dogysamich + Sleepyk vs 112 + Carter 3

Dogysamich + Sleepyk vs Tubes and RJ 1+2

Dogysamich + Sleepyk vs Fullmetal Marth + GAWes 1+2
Dogysamich + Sleepyk vs Fullmetal Marth + GAWes 3

Dogysamich vs RJ 1+2

Dogysamich vs Fullmetal Marth - WBracket

Dogysamich vs SleepyK - LF 1+2
Dogysamich vs Sleepyk - LF 3+4
Dogysamich vs Sleepyk - LF 5

*9 matches total*
Dogysamich vs Fullmetal Marth - 1
Dogysamich vs Fullmetal Marth - 2
Dogysamich vs Fullmetal Marth - 3
Dogysamich vs Fullmetal Marth - 4
Dogysamich vs Fullmetal Marth - 5

I'm loud, obnoxious *******. Im not a jerk. >.>
Dogy's gay because he has all this great advice and knowledge but never posts any of it on smashboards. Instead, it's hours and hours of AIM convos that I just don't feel like posting up here... and go figure neither does here.

It's the same reason why we will never have an uber matchup thread.
I've already said why i dont go around putting a good bit of the stuff on the boards. Like those throw-f.air %s. I am going to go ahead and say this now for anybody who ever asks me in the future.

I WILL NEVER EVER PUT THOSE ON THE BOARDS.

What's real funny is that there's alot of stuff like that that people dont know about. I was talking to desh about capfal's throw->knee on doc, or lack of, really.

*edit* completely forgot to put this in here as yet-another loose reference as to why I dont post some things on here
John Choi vs Alex Valle - SFA2 (B3 Tournament) You look up the "historical importance" of this set (i only linked to part of it) and you'll see why I (and actually, alot of people) dont go around sharing a bunch of stuff.
(there's actually alot that goes into the match, and one of the best examples of adaptaiton ever in competitive gaming)
__

For that matchup guide, if I ever get around to doing it, it's only going to be generic. I dont know how many times I've started to go on about stuff and people were like "That's not doc vs __ specific, that's just in general stuff", which is what the majority of a matchup guide is anyway. So why bother?

Yeah I always have a new john for why im not doing something, but it all boils down to "Im too **** lazy."

When its all said and done, a matchup guide doesnt REALLY help out too much except for obscure matchups or flat out what-beats-what. It helps for the textbook cookie cutting situations, and I dont think anybody asking for the guide really needs all that. Maybe that's just my current mentality, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

__

I dunno. Whatever happened to that "awesome thread" desh was working on that was going to have EVERYBODY's opinion it? Whatever happened to the video thread? Whatever happened to that stage discussion we started like, 2 years ago and really never finished or discussed? It's all the same.

__

Random Mike G tip against Peach.
"The best time to attack peach is when she's pulling a turnip. She cant d.smash."
She cant grab either, although she can still FC aerials and do b moves.

But this is also the best time to run from her if that's your strat. Do what you want to do with this as you please.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
DOC DISCUSSION. NOTHING BUT DOC ALL DAY.

But thanks.
I was messin 'round in photoshop, trying to step up in my photoshoppin, so I was trying some new stuff.

Came up with this.
I like it, but Im gunna try again tonight, so expect my sig to change AGAIN like... tonight. XD

Vulcan55

Smash Lord
I was looking at the "What is best" thread/video, and I saw that he was able to tech walljump, DI, and sweetspot the edge again. Something, I've never been able to do.
Tech walljump usually takes me too far away from the edge to sweetspot again.

Desh

Smash Ace
i wish doc had a wall jump.
soooo badly lol.
but its not something important enough to me to bother playing mario =s

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Six-PAAAAAAAAAAAWNCH!
One of my favorite moves ever created
Upper body inv., ******** dizzy meter. I wish Doc had something like that. XD

__

So im over here watching a few vids doing statistics of how often i fail at edgeguarding, cause some people have pointed out the "you shoulda did this instead of this".

This is what my results are looking like so far.

Pretty terrible. XD

Im gunna do one more and find my desktop camera stand so I can have a variety of facepalms!

Top Bottom