• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Doc General Discussion: Ask and ye shall receive ft. otg and Shroomed!

Scidadle

Smash Champion
Favoritesssss.

SMASHMAC!!!!!! Florida pride etc

**** I like all doc

Bob$
HMW
Shroomed

Dogy sorry I haven't seen much vids of you.

TO5 We should play or something :3

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
For punishing bombs/bomb defense. If you're in shield you can u.air before the dair if you're fast enough. If not, you'll wind up having to shield/dodge the dair and shield the move after. I specifically say shield because samus is more-than-likely going to attack rather than grab (because most samus' have the notion of "Everytime we miss a grab, we get severely punished.")

Another thing that not alot of people think about is you can just cape the **** bomb itself. I actually didnt know that till 30 seconds ago when I thought about it and turned the game on.

Kinda makes me wonder how bad you can jack up samus' recovery, if at all.

___

@scidadle: -shrug- I dont get bent over that kinda stuff, I know how it goes.

No worries.

Scidadle

Smash Champion
You seem to know the most about doc thats for sure.

I'm going to TO5 and ima falcon/doc main so we should play some friendlies there :3

Doc dittos are funsies.

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
my fav doc is shroomed i like his style :blush: :blush:

doc is only high tier in teams!!!!

i wanna travel more and play midwest/EC/south ppl

i need another job asap
OMG you should find a way to get to SMYM10 :lick: prob biggest MW tourney that will happen for a while. http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=234563 it's this weekend though so... :(

Hey guys. I am picking up Doc for teams. Is there any threads or discussion about Doc in teams you can point me to?
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=216187 <--- watch these :lick: :lick:

TemPesT-

Smash Lord
spikes what do you think about my taunt cancel 2 bair stage spike idea? we need a clever name for it. like the prostate examination or something. because you take out your pill then shove it in them from behind them. anyone else have ideas?

also my favorite doc to watch right now, is probably Shroomed ;) keep it going man.
but spikes/HMW are pretty legit docs too lol

VGmasta

Smash Lord
who's you guys' favorite docs?

mine is foxroar
From best favorite to least favorite, I'd say:

1) Me (VGmasta)
2) Smashmac (He's a FAST doc + he's from Florida just like me)
3) Bobmoney (The kid can combo and makes lots of smart moves)
4) Homemadewaffles (That guy is playing a lot like Bobmoney as far as making smart moves)
5) Shroomed (He combos "almost" like Bobmoney)

I know Pineapplejuice, ELIminated, and Unknown522 are some other good notable docs too!

Shroomed

Smash Master
bob$ is not a kid lol

and ur the only one to say urself as a favorite haha

m2k's doc is pretty good

but i'm inclined to think it's just m2k

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
Yeah I think Mew2king should join us Doc players, he's not bad with doc at all! Look how he spams pills!
I remember a tournament in Scranton Pa (yes that is where the office takes place) where M2K went Doc against some kid who was pretty good. He ended up 4 stocking him and got one of his kills by jumping offstage and down b-ing to edge guard.

M2K is kind of good.

Gea

Smash Master
Dude my favs are Canada Mike, CJ, Cyphus, Smashmac, 18S, Dogy, Shroomed, and Waffles. I know I'm missing at least one LOL

DRD

Smash Lord
Dude my favs are Canada Mike, CJ, Cyphus, Smashmac, 18S, Dogy, Shroomed, and Waffles. I know I'm missing at least one LOL
oh hi

terrible jokes aside...

@otg
what does it matter
mango has best doc because he's mango
:embarrass

that emoticon doesn't look like "embarrassment"
which is why I used it

ye25

Smash Journeyman
Got a question, is jab-->crouch--> jab any good for doc like it is for shiek?

soap

Smash Hero
jab crouch jab isnt good for anybody

if they didnt cc the first jab, they will most certainly counter the second one

otg

Smash Master
He also says that doc is better than ganon on the tier list
Yeah this is very true, it's been what i've been tryin to preach to you guys over there in that Matchup thread. Doc is super sexy and has nothing but potential but gets overshadowed because people think that Doc v. Marth is like 10-90 (even though I'm getting convinced more and more that its actually closer to 40:60).

w'e though, he's a beast, we just need people to actually show it.

Desh

Smash Ace
yedi:
yeah you nailed the arial thing.
You were playing around links range too much at some points.
Meaning you were trying to hit him while you weren't close enough to get passed his sword. You basically should get the hell out when link has you in that spot.
Its kinda like how a marth plays. Always staying just outside your reach. Thats basically what happened sometimes.

You need to punish his up-b's. He should have died a lot of times when he missed them.
You could have throw>fair'd him a bunch of times.

You need to grab a bit more. CG 0-40 lmao =D then immediately after you can dthrow uair >dsmash. (Granted I think he needs to mess up his di. but in most cases, a grab at 0 should equal link being off stage.) Remember once link is at a percent that a cg shouldnt work, hes always gonna need to jump out >_> take advantage of that. Get in with a utilt or smash or w.e But getting rid of his jumps leaves link in a bad position XD (You did it to him on his first stock, but remember you can do it from a grab. )

If you dont wanna cg him, at early percents (i cant think of them off the top of my head, but you should be able to tell) you can just dthrow > 'insert smash attack'.

But yeah. every missed dair, upb, grab, should be ***** accordingly.XD

A little trick for edge gaurding link,
if hes up-b'ing, cape it. He can still get up.
But when you cape his up b, it'll push him up a bit, and turn the attack around leaving you able to dsmash him away >_> trust it works lol.

Umm, a little trick i'v been trying that has seemed to work.
If you're behind links sheild... just spam up tilt LMAO. Im about 80% sure it'll beat anything link can do from that position. its worked everytime so far, i mean, he can roll and stuff, but up b wont work, nair wont, etc. but grabbing him his still win.

Idk. I know a bunch of random **** to abuse in this match up LMAO. I play 2 link mains who are in my opinion almost as good as skler. One of the reasons why i find this match up so dumb lmao.

But yeah, good ****. Your doc is pretty cute ^_^.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Not against Peach.
2 things against peach.

1) If you're ever CCing and get hit with a d.smash... you can just hit up to stop CCing. I dunno why people dont realize this.

in combination with that.

2) if you have some good timing, you can use 1) so that you go flying the "opposite" direction if peach were to d.smash you.

__

But na, the real reason i looked back on here.

I just happened to be looking on $mac's facebookpalm, and saw this.

I died laughing.

Dogysamich said:
Ever wonder how Flordia survives through the hurricane season year after year, and Louisiana got eatten up after a single hurricane? It's cause Smashmac is down in South FL, edgeguarding the coast.
Just a hilarious blast-from-the-past quote I forgot about.

VGmasta

Smash Lord
I finding that wavedashing out of shield is a really crucial tactic using doc Mario. And you fake out so many people with it because they think you're vulnerable to get grabbed or they expect you to shield roll. It's kinda tough to adjust since I've been shielding and wavedashing with the "R" button.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
2 things against peach.

1) If you're ever CCing and get hit with a d.smash... you can just hit up to stop CCing. I dunno why people dont realize this.
You can really can do that against her CC dsmash? Wtf?
Ok, I just had to quote some stuff to make sure Im not crazy and people still arent readin on smashboards.

^_^

Desh

Smash Ace
I finding that wavedashing out of shield is a really crucial tactic using doc Mario. And you fake out so many people with it because they think you're vulnerable to get grabbed or they expect you to shield roll. It's kinda tough to adjust since I've been shielding and wavedashing with the "R" button.
lol you can wavedash oos with one button.
Just sayin.

TemPesT-

Smash Lord
lol you can wavedash oos with one button.
Just sayin.
i'm pretty sure by "one button" he meant one trigger. most ppl prefer to shield with one trigger, and then wavedash using the other, but you can always just jump then hit the same trigger again to wavedash.

Top Bottom