• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dodge/Roll Frame Data *now with air dodge!*

J4pu

Smash Champion
MK's AD is broken
his roll is also faster than Lucario's (not better though)

what was Sakurai/game designers thinking when making MK's stats?

EDIT- nvm it's just his forward roll.

Lucario's rolls are like the best. That explains so much why I have problems punishing lucarios that roll so much.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Lucario's rolls are like the best. That explains so much why I have problems punishing lucarios that roll so much.
fire Lazr's while they are rolling and your bound to hit them and stun them a few times.

Basically spam B when they roll and you'll be better off than normal.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Wow, every single character with the superior air dodge is new to brawl, and the only characters new to brawl who don't have it are Sonic, Toon Link, Lucas, and Wolf. Meta Knight even claims an extra invincibility frame over everyone else. I've known for a while that a big focus of brawl's design was encouraging the use of the new characters, but I didn't realize there was something this blatantly stacked in their favor. Of course, I also didn't realize 3d attacking was a real mechanic; it makes me wonder what other things I didn't realize.

How does this data compare to there melee counterparts? If that data is similar they might have just copied over the melee data to use for brawl.

The Truth!

Smash Ace
How does this data compare to there melee counterparts? If that data is similar they might have just copied over the melee data to use for brawl.
Rofl thats what I was thinking. They were so lazy in designing other aspects, why not this?

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Just out of curiosity, are the "total frames" for spotdodges the total frames of the animation, or does it end at the IASA frame? I've seen a shift towards people referring to the "total frames" as the IASA frame, because that is far more important than the total frames of the animation itself.

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
It ends at the IASA frame. So for like the good spot dodges (2-20/22), you can act on the 23rd frame.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Holy cow, I had no idea Peach's air dodge was so terrible. She's vulnerable for half of the animation. Yikes.

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
What method did 3GOD use to find his data?

To everyone: If anything looks wrong, let me know and I will give it a double check.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
Though I don't have any way of testing for frame data, I'm fairly certain ROB's spotdodge has to be one of the better ones.
i have to agree with this. that spot dodge is obnoxious >_<

edit: thanks allot for all the awesome hard work though. this will help allot =]

Crow!

Smash Lord
Very good and useful thread. Thanks for the effort.

And apparently Peach's air dodge is made of epic fail. Never would have figured that out on my own.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Augh. Now it makes sense why I get hit with smashes all the **** time when I AD with Marth. That's pretty gaay. Especially when I have a shield buffering during AD.

Also, lol @ peach. Turnipdaisy is going to **** bricks.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I'm surprised people ***** about Wario's airdodge being so good when there's a bunch of other characters with the same thing, lol.

Maybe it just has to do with a combination of air speed + air dodge.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Maybe its just the visual effect, because the ending frames on this list is IASA, not the last frame of the animation. Eyes deceive all the time.

BentoBox

Smash Master
Marth's airdodge isn't the 2nd worse. His inv. frames just start one frame later, he still gets a full 25. Peach on the other hand ah-hem.

Irsic

Smash Ace
Know what would be pretty helpful?

How long your invincibility frames when hanging on a ledge last, in time, and in frames.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
That's true. Defencesive chars should have a bit better invincibility frames IMO but they are all even it seems.

Top Bottom