• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dolls War - Vienna, Austria ~ Results are up!

EF Aqua

Smash Rookie
Immaterial and Missing Power or Unthinkable Natural Law (or even Phantasmagoria of Flower View) would be good if it weren't for the fact that you'd need a couple of computers for it and that very few people here actually play them. Still better than Mario Kart though. Although Strikers would be good too from my point of view.

You're probably best off just going with low tier.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I was kidding. Although I will probably take a laptop with me to play IaMP with some of you guys when there's nothing exactly going on.

The decision about the side-event will be made once I have decided for one of the 2 hostels (or maybe someone else, haha) and the date has been decided.

EF Aqua

Smash Rookie
Didn't stop me from giving my honest opinion.

Current amount of interest is enough for you to seriously start looking into the venues though?

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Yes. I will contact the hostel owners during the week and will try to settle for a date where we can sit down and have a nice talk.

Edit: After Marcbri's post I actually sent them a mail now. I will get back to you guys during the next 2 or so weeks with more details regarding the whole situation.

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
add these players from Spain:

Mikel, Joannett, Joseph, Raw!, Rydle, Neji, Nexoult

all of them rather have the tournament at easter's holidays xD

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
Mario Kart Wii souds actually pretty good lol (We could also make best out of 4, if we need to hurry up, that option is pretty win)

Everyone can use his GCC in this game and its the second most played competetive game on the wii I think ^^

Hikotsu

Smash Cadet
Really this tournament with a big tournament of Melee will improve a lot. You will have people interested in Melee, people interested in Brawl, and people interested in both games, like me. Triple interesteds =D

stelzig

Smash Lord
Mario Kart Wii souds actually pretty good lol (We could also make best out of 4, if we need to hurry up, that option is pretty win)

Everyone can use his GCC in this game and its the second most played competetive game on the wii I think ^^
Except mkw is the easiest kart game yet with the most unbalanced items (although i suppose we could set them to basic or none). MKDS would've been better :p
Like alot of people say that brawl is a downgrade from melee competitively, the same really goes for mkw in the kart world and the mariokart games are already not as competitive as smash.

Anyway if we were to do it the most simple tourney setup would be 4-man one GP (4 races), basic items, top2 advances.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
The thing is, this will be the first tournament of this size I will host. Of course Melee would attract a bigger crowd, but for now I don't know how many people I will be able to host (the venue's limits) as well as how much equipment I will be able to get.

As said, IF I did Melee, then it would only be a side-event, and not a main-event. I'm currently more tending towards Low Tier, but we will see as soon as we have an exact date as well as a schedule.

So, Stelzig, Hikotsu - is anyone of you two still interested? stelzig's post sounded like he'd be interested.

Also, to give you an update, I've decided on a date for a meeting - September the 7th I will be talking with the owner of one of the 2 hostels (it was the soonest possible date).

stelzig

Smash Lord
I'm going to pound 4 in US in january so it kinda depends. Both on how close it is to this and how much it'll cost me.

I am interested if there is indeed also going to be played melee so you can put me down if you will. I first planned on posting when i got a date though :p (well i might go just for brawl, but then it would have to be really cheap for me to get there)

Achoral

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Achoral
Side event ?

YESZ !

Nah, seriously, what about SSB64 and/or Low tier ?

Well, it will depend of the time we'll have anyway.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I'm going to pound 4 in US in january so it kinda depends. Both on how close it is to this and how much it'll cost me.

I am interested if there is indeed also going to be played melee so you can put me down if you will. I first planned on posting when i got a date though :p (well i might go just for brawl, but then it would have to be really cheap for me to get there)
I suppose the date will be around March and April - that's my expectation at least. As said, in about 2 weeks, I can give you guys more information about the costs and the exact date, should I be able to settle with the hostel owners. But I have a good feeling about this one, to be honest. :D

As said, the fee costs will mainly be based on venue costs and only like 10-15€ tournament fee for both singles/doubles and maybe the side event. For now I'd expect around 40€ entry fee complete, including the pot.

I'll try to make this tournament as professional as possible.

stelzig

Smash Lord
Noooooooooooooooooooo, all good Mario Party games are for N64 :( :( :(

Mario Kart Double Dash >>> Mario Kart Wii!!!
Let's do a Mario Kart double Dash teams side-event!!!

:059:
QFT on mkdd being > mkw. Not sure i want teams over singles though simply because even though teams have some really fun parts, it also breaks the miniturbo system and the player not driving will just be mashing left and right all the time as fast as he can even when the other person isn't drifting just so they can MT instantly all the time :p

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
QFT on mkdd being > mkw. Not sure i want teams over singles though simply because even though teams have some really fun parts, it also breaks the miniturbo system and the player not driving will just be mashing left and right all the time as fast as he can even when the other person isn't drifting just so they can MT instantly all the time :p
So what? He still has to coordinate his actions with the driver somewhat. And he can also use or even steal items or push other cars away. Way more fun ^^

:059:

stelzig

Smash Lord
Yeah i know that's why i said there was some fun aspects in it as well. But really the most dominant strategy in my experience is actually just having the assist player mashing back and forth not caring about anything else :p

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Little update: The second hostel is too small for a tournament, thus leaving us with only the other one I have that date on the 7th with. The first one can only take about 40 people, and that's a little too small judging by this flood of interest.

However, I feel very good about the other one.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
It depends on the date I guess. My parents said I'm allowed to go to tourneys abroad when I'm 16 (I'm 16 in March). So I'll hope for the best. =]
Your chances are pretty good, then. <3

Here's a photo of the location btw:

Top Bottom