• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Don't Blink! 3 - Northbrook, IL - 5/15/10 - Brawl, Brawl+, Melee!!

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Lmao Tink, because of ACEN there is less hype for this for EVERY event. Plus if the majority of people that don't normally play Melee are willing to play Melee for 5$, there will probs be more money that way. Trust me Tink, I wouldn't be trying to get you less money, I know your poor *** drives a long way to come to IL events. You have to admit though, if I were to say we are doing whatever will make Tink/Kels the most money vs. what the majority wants, I would kind of look like an *******, ya know?

SpongeJordan

Smash Lord
but in all honesty, would i rather have a bigger pot? so i can make gas moneys back? full of melee players
or a bloated pools/bracket where we have to wait for brawl ppl to finish their matches so they can play melee and we wait?
I don't deserve to play because I enjoy BOTH games!

Tink

Smash Hero
no, if u can play 2 diff games, then do it, jus keep up on both of them....when melee ppl need to find brawl ppl because they are not playing their matches, thats ****ty...we spend more time looking for ppl because they are playing in the other tournaments, and we end up making the tournament last forever....some of us like to get home at a good time -_-.

its not jus a money issue :/...its jus dealing with ppl being in 2 diff tournaments at the same time. its hela frustrating when u want to have a good tournament -_-.

i believe the reasoning for nottt doing melee teams last event wasnt time, but the fact that brawl ppl needed to do their bracket and TOs didnt want brawl ppl to have to stop to play melee teams -_-.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
We ran 5 events. People that plays in all 5 DID slow down every event. This has been addressed and they will be required to play their matches that are earlier in the bracket, or that are being waited on first. Realistically, we have 8 hours to run more than 5 events. Imo that's asking for a lot.

Tink

Smash Hero
hey, all i know is that(and i know brawl is a bigger deal here), nobody from brawl came up to the melee ppl and had to hound them to come play their matches -_-...

why dont we just get another TO for melee so its easier on you? cause i mean, honestly, this was the most stressed ive seen u at a tourny....i could take over melee and probably make it go alot smoother....ill jus run pools/bracket and tryyy to get ppl to play so you dont have to worry about it....lmk...ill prolly be all up in your business anyway heh.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
I really don't even think the intention is to make Brawl the bigger deal here. It just happens to be that there are a lot more Brawl than Melee players in the IL/WI area(or more that show up) Yeah I know we definitely had to hound some Brawl players to play their matches, but like I said, it has already been addressed.

Having another TO is not the problem. The main problem was simply people not taking things into their own hands and looking for their matches. Rather we had to hound everyone to play all matches for all brackets. (To me this mostly happened during Brawl Doubles and Singles) Yeah I was really stressed. Yeah it would be nice if people just did their own stuff, but that probs isn't going to happen. Having you in my business will probably help in the long run.

We are working on the problems that the last event had. We don't have the luxury of having a venue for 16 hours like at MAS, but instead we have half the time to run the same amount of events. Imo, Melee would be fine considering most Melee players cleared out of the venue when we still had 3 hours left. We will probably still do singles first though, considering it is always the main attraction and not everyone wants to stay at the venue til 3 AM.

Also a notification to those who DO enter every event or play several events at one time. You WILL BE REQUIRED to essentially play non-stop tournament bracket matches if you sign up for multiple events. This might suck and you might want a break, but tough luck. You are paying for what you get, which is essentially non-stop matches. The main goal is to have things run as smoothly as possible in the alotted time(which isn't much) so get over, suck it up, and nut up or shut up.

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
i dont understand the distinction between having another TO or not

if people need to play their matches, i'll make them do it whether anybody asks me to or not

the only tournaments i've ever been to that didnt run well were EC tourneys, the purdue ones, and genesis, and those were all because those TO's had some crazy idea where they wanted to control everything and then didnt accept help from other people

so basically im saying unless you stop me, this tournament will run fine

Tink

Smash Hero
thats why i said bracket/pools is where id help out...idc if u guys wanna take signups....i personally hate telling ppl they gotta pay a venue fee anyway heh.

im still not sure if ima come to this anyway tho....50/50 :/

SpongeJordan

Smash Lord
hey, all i know is that(and i know brawl is a bigger deal here), nobody from brawl came up to the melee ppl and had to hound them to come play their matches -_-...
It happens across all the games. M2K held up Brawl for an hour at MAS because of Melee finals, despite it being relatively early. That's just how these things work.

A more appropriate example; I had to wait nearly an hour for Arty for Brawl- last Don't Blink.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Again, M2K enters all events, and does well (wins) in everything. It slows down everything unless you play higher priority matches that are holding things up first and really don't take breaks.

Also BigD, are you still looking for a teammate?

Kappy

Smash Ace
NNID
SwagTrain
3DS FC
2964-9085-1107
I could play Marth in Melee, but with all this talk of non-stop matches, I'd rather not play Melee and give myself a little break 0_0 Sorry, Quaz! I'll still play Melee friendlies if there's time!

EDIT: I'm winning every event with MAX Onsalught Falcon, just letting you all know.

Kappy

Smash Ace
NNID
SwagTrain
3DS FC
2964-9085-1107
I don't wanna win a free dollar because you're ****ing sandbagging, Oro! But sure, we'll MM! If you sandbag I'm bringing out Roy! LOL

grimacetpp

Smash Apprentice
I'll take all $1 MM brawl-, my falco or mario vs. your anything, let's do this.

kirbycpok

Smash Journeyman
Aww man the avian senstation has returned, btw

MM anyone in B-, $1, against my ike or. . .. **** i need to get another character

Oro?!

Smash Hero
man if you scurred go to churchh.
That's it. 1$ bo3 Your Falco- my Sheik-!
Aww man the avian senstation has returned, btw

MM anyone in B-, $1, against my ike or. . .. **** i need to get another character
Do you really wanna get wrecked by me again?
Kappy, You're on. I'm taking challenges from anyone. Except Kirk. xD
Why is everyone scared of Kirk? I would MM the dude, but I get wooped by him all the time for free. If there aren't videos of you guys getting wooped on youtube, then no johns!:laugh:

Also Bo, I would totally MM you if you want.

Top Bottom