• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Don't Blink, Don't Care 4 - 7/30/11 - Glen Ellyn IL - Results!

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Sanchaz I would love to practice PPL but my N64 is broken so I would have to play with a non N64 controller on an emulator to play... or play Tetris Attack. I will find a way and chill with you and Metroid next time!

Judo777

Smash Master
2. Sago ($90) - Thanks for reminding me how bad my character is... xD

3. Arty / ($58) - Your tourneys are the best and are definitely worth the long(ish) drive. We'll get that rematch eventually. Don't learn the yoshi match up before then :p.

4. Hunger / ($33) - Glad I didn't have to play you outside of doubles... lol I always hate losing to warios.

7. DLA / - lol honestly im way more afraid to play against your ganon than your top tiers. Idk how to beat bad characters.

9. Count - Sucks you had to play wario and luigi =/. Hopefully my wario is decent enough to give you some matchup practice when you come back to Indiana.

9. Akashi - lol its always fun seeing you and meneil. I was happy DLA beat you because I really didn't want to play you in bracket xD.

9. Marshall - Hope you didn't watch too much of my set vs sago. lolz. Once you learn the yoshi matchup you'll beat me pretty badly. =/

13. .D - ggs in friendlies.

13. Darrell from Zeeland / - nice name. I had no idea you were even coming. I'm sure you would of beaten me, I lose to judo and fuujin every time I play them =/ Sheik is so underrated imo.

13. Grimace / - ggs. I felt so stupid after you picked kirby game 2. I'm like "hey hes going delfino with snake... why wouldn't I go ddd."

17. Kappy / - eh don't know what to say besides ggs. MM next time I see you?

17. Kewkky / - lol was cool meeting you. Hopefully you'll get back used to brawl again soon. So many kirby's in IL now O_o. If I knew you were coming before I already promised scott to team I would of loved to team with you.

17. Meneil - Wow. I don't think I've ever beaten an ike in tournament. gg's and grats on 3 stocking me xD. I'm kinda glad I lost in hindsight because I feel like if I had won I would of lost to the same people you did.

17. Oro - lol i didn't push the mm because you were having fun with melee. We'll play in tournament again eventually if you keep entering brawl.

17. JJRockets - omg your suicide. Were you aiming at the moving platform? After I died early first stock game 1 I felt like I needed a dumb gimp to get back into it. Then I died at 3% and I was so sad. Then you missed your up b. Don't let stuff like that get to you though.

17. Kirk - lol good friendlies, I'm kind of glad we didn't mm now xD. Both your bowser and ike are scary ._. I played fizzles bowser in low tiers and could wall pretty efficiently with pivot grabs but it didn't seem to work nearly as well vs you. What do you think that matchup is?

25. StarbasedFruit - gg's in pools. I'm really trying to learn new characters because I feel so limited playing yoshi now ><. I didn't mean anything by going pikachu vs you other than I need the experience and that is the main matchup I'm looking to pick up pikachu for.

33. Gravity man - gg's man. Going ddd was a really bad idea ._.

Masho - was cool meeting you, hopefully you'll get to enter next time. Finally got revenge on your rob back from our wifi days :p.

Arty I didn't touch yoshi in doubles, I played mk and scott was G&W. It probably doesn't matter because we got last, but yeah =/. Also I really appreciate how much you spend out of pocket doing everything you do for the brawl community. I'm extremely thankful for the $1 venue fee along with the food/drinks and everything.
Sheik is bad no question.

StarFruit

Smash Cadet
Hades I would team with u any day... I know you probably want someone on your yoshi pro status but u always got me!

:phone:

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
Frootloop has been to 5 tournaments, and most were in WI.
So this basically was his first tournament.
Since I've finally beaten Rat, I can now change my character icon away from Samus!
@Metroid
LOL you were SO confident too. Roy vs Marth isnt too bad......:troll:

metroid1117

Smash Master
Sanchaz I would love to practice PPL but my N64 is broken so I would have to play with a non N64 controller on an emulator to play... or play Tetris Attack. I will find a way and chill with you and Metroid next time!
Play with an emulator, that's how I practice :bee:. The techskill doesn't transfer over 100%, but the thought process does!

@Metroid
LOL you were SO confident too. Roy vs Marth isnt too bad......:troll:
We're making that a best of 3, you're up 1-0 and I get to counterpick stage next time :glare:.

Sago

Smash Lord
arthur switch me to 7th in melee.

hunger lets team. Ill prolly be playing samus/falco/luigi/diddy/marth/snake

But you know how good my samus is in teams :)

Im winning this even without MK :p lol scrubs i dont need my main

Zwarm

Smash Hero
arthur switch me to 7th in melee.

hunger lets team. Ill prolly be playing samus/falco/luigi/diddy/marth/snake

But you know how good my samus is in teams :)

Im winning this even without MK :p lol scrubs i dont need my main
Sago, I heard someone talking about it, but even though you beat Loosh, you forfeited right after that, so I think they gave the win to Loosh anyway.

Sago

Smash Lord
Sago, I heard someone talking about it, but even though you beat Loosh, you forfeited right after that, so I think they gave the win to Loosh anyway.
if loosh had won then i would be cool with it. but if i beat him and then he loses right away anways then why would he outplace me. (brimming with pride right now)

Its not like a wanted to forfeit.

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
Next tournament i'm dying my hair black, wearing tight black clothes, and crying every time i lose a stock

:phone:
Kenni, I seroiusly laughed hysterically when you posted this. xD

Oro I kind of wanted to play because I planned on using my pocket mk vs you. Marth is like the only character I feel like I do good as mk against lol.

Eagle you shoulda came :p.

lol Kyle <3.

I hope I can come back to the last DBDC. Hopefully next time I'll know before last minute so I can get a good doubles partner lol. My doubles results at these are terrible ._.
Sorry, Hades. :( I was with family, so I couldn't come. If I wasn't with family, I'd be with my gf 'cause soon enough we'll be going to separate colleges.

@Arty, I won't make the august one, but if you host tourneys more throughout the year, I can try hard to come. I'll surely make a december tourney if you try to host one, but early summer is a no.

@Metroid, Are you at UIUC also? Eric told me that you were, but I wasn't sure. If you are, we're having some friendlies. I'm bringing down my GC controller just for that reason. I won't even have my wii. xD

Foodies

Smash Journeyman
Kinda late due to moving in and such.

Arty - Thanks for hosting and the free food/drinks! Hope you will continue hosting in the future. :D
YoshQ - Jab to shoryuken too good.
Quik - Thank you for playing friendlies with me!
Akashi - Nice seeing you again! Messing up my friendlies rawr (a lot of my D-pad is actually set to random moves instead of taunts so that's why it took forever lol) We should play wifi again sometime. Teach me Marth stuffs :3
Count - Why did I have to play you in bracket too ;_; Nice Diddy, living to 200% wat.
Kappy - Don't really remember our match too much. I should learn the Kirby matchup though. Somehow I think it involves camping more...
Foodles - Lol. Typo/misheard I'm guessing.
Kewkky - Wish I could've played more friendlies but Akashi had to go and be salty lol.
Meneil - It was nice seeing you again too! Thanks for answering my questions and your Marth is so patient aaah. Still don't see why you would go Marth for MK since it's still a pretty bad matchup, but better than Ike I suppose. xP
Oro - That ZSS match was close. We should Marth ditto sometime too. (Did I just say that >_<)
JJRockets - Yaaay friendlies. Your MK did better than your Diddy haha.
Hype - Huh, you use Marth? Guess you don't like Marth dittos :p Hopefully the raging in the background didn't distract you from our match too much.
DJ Felix - Our pool matches were really close! :o
SpongeJordan - You remembered me wow. I only knew you because I heard someone mention your name lol.
Savi - Hm, I think your Marth improved through the course of the day. I'm sure you'll make it out of pools next time if you keep it up! :]
metroid - Thanks for driving/keeping informed about tourneys. :D

To anyone I missed/forgot: Sorry xD I'm bad with names/faces.

Mundungu

Smash Lord
Good tournament, awesome hosting job arty. Brawl tournaments are always really fun for some reason. Good to see a bunch of IL people at this again.

Good stuff as usual to frank and sanchaz. I could go to apex and get knocked out by frootloop and sanchaz. You guys can't suicide that much if you're gonna win teams every time, either that or you need to suicide a lot more.
Rat - Fun mms as usual. Not sure what your samus was doing the first couple games, but we got some good games in.
Metroid - Those were fun marth dittos. You've gotten a lot better recently. Grats on winning ppl too.
Quik - ggs in out MM, we had a really close set. Ganon dittos are always fun, we should run a ganon side tourney next time.
Oro - Fun games as usual, next time I think I'm gonna bring smash 64 with, since no one up here plays.
Chris - Next time I'm around, I'll bring mvc3 and teach you the game in like 15 mins.
Kels - Marth still destroys falco, idc about our matches. That's just how bad my marth is.
AfroBandit - Fun falcon dittos, you're pretty good at that matchup. Just gotta work on falcon's horrible matchups.
Sago - No moss match?! Are you coming to the madison tourney in sep?

LoOshKiN

Smash Journeyman
if loosh had won then i would be cool with it.
I knew I should have chain-grabbed you that last grab, last stock, last game :ohwell:

Mundungu, Quik, Ganon side-tourney/round-robin next time for sure!
+MvC3. MM me suckas

sanchaz

Smash Lord
??? you guys do know that the madison tournament is also featuring marvel. just do it their. ft10

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Kewkky - Wish I could've played more friendlies but Akashi had to go and be salty lol.
Hahaha, I know you wanted to play more friendlies, but I can't deny a match from someone who wants to beat my Kirby THAT bad. I'll be about for around a year, so we have plenty of chances to get acquainted, my good sir!

BlackWaltzX

Smash Lord
Hahaha, I know you wanted to play more friendlies, but I can't deny a match from someone who wants to beat my Kirby THAT bad. I'll be about for around a year, so we have plenty of chances to get acquainted, my good sir!

Where's the next place for us to dock at? :3c

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Where's the next place for us to dock at? :3c
I heard there's a 2-day fest this weekend, and seeing as duty section 1 has this weekend off, and me having put in a duty day-off chit with 3 BZs AND the LPO already told me that I'm good to go, you up for it?

Zwarm

Smash Hero
1. Kain - Good **** as always on first. You would still lose in WA though.
2. Sago - Well our Melee match was close until FD... :awesome:
3. Arty - Thank you so much for running these and buying all the food and drinks. Also thank you for banning MK. :colorful:
4. Hunger - We didn't talk much at this, but your random hype during Quik vs Sago was hilarious.
7. DLA - My music hacks are incredible.
7. Quik - I'll get you next time!
9. Blackwaltz - So many purples. :(
9. Marshall - Pools matches were fun. **** ROB dittos though, man.
13. Robert - GG's, your ROB was really good.
13. Darrell from Zeeland - Darrell from Zeeland gettin it in!
13. Grimace - sup
17. Kappy - :metaknight:?! (sun) I am disappoint.
17. Zwarm - finally made it out of pools. Now place better
17. Kewkky - Nice meeting you, we need to play a few games next time.
17. Oro - :yeahboi:
17. Kirk - Awwww yeah :bowser2:
25. Xyless - HUP
25. Sothe - Sonic sucks.
25. SpongeJordan - We usually always play at tournaments, what happened this time?
25. Papa - ggs in pools

--Pool Cut--

33. Kevin - ggs in pools
41. Bully - ggs in pools

Raid - I'll try not to kill myself so much next time we play. :p

Top Bottom