• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Don't Go Down There Jeff! f/ Mango, Hbox, Axe, Jman, Lucky, SS, Zhu, Shroomed

Status
Not open for further replies.

pockyD

Smash Legend
do you still consider it a lazy combo video if it was a video for a tournament series and featured players from the previous tourney?

Ex: If the genesis 2 trailer featured clips from genesis, even if the featured players aren't expected to attend.
only if it's signature moments!

like if people could identify that clip as being from genesis without the context, then yes!

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
This tournament in my mind was going to be West Coast's answer to ROM3....If so then GOOD LUCK! Seriously I think WC might get Out-hyped for once. Step it up.

strawhats

Smash Master
it would be sooo good if jeff beat hbox if he comes.

I can't help cheering for jeff he's just too cool.

WassupJB

Smash Lord
sorry, but there is no way gsg2 can out hype rom3.

not to be a downer but we don't have the attendance. ec isn't coming strong and it's my fault.

i picked a horrible time of the year for a tournament.

also, hbox told me he isn't coming.

WassupJB

Smash Lord
yeah ss will bring some people along =)

i will still run a d*amn good tournament. crews WILL happen this time! happening day one of this jam. don't miss it attendees.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
So do you get to pick the number of people per crew (between 4 and 5) or have you not yet decided on one of the two?

WassupJB

Smash Lord
it may be 4 people or 5 people. it's 20 stocks per crew.

if there is a 4 man crew vs a 5 man crew that changes nothing besides how many stocks each player has. (4man crew = 5 stocks a player, 5man crew = 4 stocks a player).

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
tell me this will not run into 12am sunday.

anyone want a fancy fox from Connecticut in their crew?

shoutouts to meeting darrell this weekend at rom3 and him mind gaming MAD hard about being phil even tho I had met phil back when he was dread101 in 2007 lol.

WassupJB

Smash Lord
my tournaments always finish earlier than most son. gsg1 ended at 845pm sunday night there was a sh.t load of friendlies being played till around 1030ish, and i've gotten my locals to finish up at 8pm too.

WassupJB

Smash Lord
gsg2 schedule update!

TIMES
Day One:
10:00AM- doors open - begin setting up
IF YOU HAVE SET UPS COME NO LATER THAN 11:00AM

12:00PM- in line after this time you will be charged a late fee.
12:30PM- doubles pools begin
04:00PM- singles pools begin
09:30PM- clean up
10:30PM- get out

Day Two:
12:00PM- doubles bracket
03:00PM- crews
06:00PM- single bracket
09:00PM- clean up
10:00PM- get out

Prices
Venue: $10
Singles: $10
Doubles: $20 ($10 per person)
4 or 5 Man crews: $20 total
LATE FEE: $5 (call ins need to be paid to avoid late fee)
GENESIS RULE: NO REFUNDS! NO EXCEPTIONS!

i will be strict about the late fees and sign ups because people like MacD and those who traveled with him who were on time to good s*** german need to be rewarded for their punctuality.

pockyD

Smash Legend
I think you might want to reconsider the scheduling of crews and the singles bracket

3 hours for a singles bracket (I assume 32-48 people?) is a bit ambitious, and 3 hours for a decent number of crews is VERY ambitious... although you can likely overlap it with the tail of doubles

WassupJB

Smash Lord
crews is subject to change times more than any event. what is in stone is day 1 singles and doubles pools, then day 2 singles and doubles bracket. i feel there may be a decent amount of time after singles pools of day one to where crews could start. then finish after doubles bracket of day 2.

TheGoat

Smash Ace
TIMES
Day One:
10:00AM- doors open - begin setting up
IF YOU HAVE SET UPS COME NO LATER THAN 11:00AM

12:00PM- in line after this time you will be charged a late fee.
12:30PM- doubles pools begin
04:00PM- singles pools begin
09:30PM- clean up
10:30PM- get out

Day Two:
12:00PM- doubles bracket
03:00PM- crews
06:00PM- single bracket
09:00PM- clean up
10:00PM- get out

Prices
Venue: $10
Singles: $10
Doubles: $20 ($10 per person)
4 or 5 Man crews: $20 total
LATE FEE: $5 (call ins need to be paid to avoid late fee)
GENESIS RULE: NO REFUNDS! NO EXCEPTIONS!

i will be strict about the late fees and sign ups because people like MacD and those who traveled with him who were on time to good s*** german need to be rewarded for their punctuality.
Hey JB, or anyone who can answer, I have a few questions if you don't mind:

1. If you come on the first day and pay, do you have to pay again for the second day?

2. I am a pretty novice player (I played you once at Kings house not sure if you remember; I have improved a bit since then), and I don't expect to get far but I hope to beat at least one or two people. Considering that this event is a long drive for my house, I might come just on one day, can you recommend either one? Like, would pools or bracket be better for me?

3. Who do you call for the late fee thing?

Thank, I really appreciate it.

pockyD

Smash Legend
venue fee typically covers both days

you won't be playing in bracket if you don't play in pools, so you pretty much MUST come on day 1 if you want to play in the tournament. If you wanted to just watch instead (doesn't sound like that's the case), then day 2 is better because it will have the better (bracket) matches

don't be late

WassupJB

Smash Lord
Hey JB, or anyone who can answer, I have a few questions if you don't mind:

1. If you come on the first day and pay, do you have to pay again for the second day?

2. I am a pretty novice player (I played you once at Kings house not sure if you remember; I have improved a bit since then), and I don't expect to get far but I hope to beat at least one or two people. Considering that this event is a long drive for my house, I might come just on one day, can you recommend either one? Like, would pools or bracket be better for me?

3. Who do you call for the late fee thing?

Thank, I really appreciate it.
1. venue fee covers both days. but if you want to pay twice, i'm not tripping. lol jp. only once bro.

2. as pocky said you advance in the tournament from pools to bracket; pools being part 1, bracket being part 2. when you enter the tournament pools needs to be played so day one of this jam is mandatory if you wanna be in the tournament. if your set record in round robin pools qualifies you for bracket you will be transferred over to bracket and you will continue in the tournament.

3. you call me. my number is on the 1st post...which is now at the top of every thread page.

venue fee typically covers both days

you won't be playing in bracket if you don't play in pools, so you pretty much MUST come on day 1 if you want to play in the tournament. If you wanted to just watch instead (doesn't sound like that's the case), then day 2 is better because it will have the better (bracket) matches

don't be late
word to pocky

now that i've been put on blast, watch me be late to this one
-_-

'on blast' doesn't mean what you seem to think it means
kinda word to pocky again? hahaha. but i guess i did put you "on blast" but i gave you a compliment so that may not be qualified under "on blast."

TheGoat

Smash Ace
Alright sounds good. Sorry I missed your number on the first page shoulda seen that.
If I'm not in doubles, are there generally friendlies available during the doubles pool/bracket during 12-4 pm?
And, any out of state players coming?

Promise no more questions after this (probably). :)

WassupJB

Smash Lord
You are the tournament entrant so you deserve to get your questions (relating to the logistics of the tournament) answered. :)
word

Alright sounds good. Sorry I missed your number on the first page shoulda seen that.
If I'm not in doubles, are there generally friendlies available during the doubles pool/bracket during 12-4 pm?
And, any out of state players coming?

Promise no more questions after this (probably). :)
keep asking away brodi.

there will be unauthorized friendlies happening somewhere at all times during any tournament, therefore yes, there will be friendlies during that time.

yeah there are quite a few out of state players. to my knowledge: axe, tai, silent wolf, eggz, swiftbass, mattdotzeb, and salepate? among others who i do not remember at this time.

also who's bringing tvs and systems?

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
to win the pot

you must knock out shroomed

use 4loko imo

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
looks like shroomed will knock himself out of the tournament

2 4lokos

you crazy

Shroomed

Smash Master
dude........CRAZY EIGHTS!!!!

it's not gonna be at this tho....it's for partying it up on the weekend at school

but 4lokos are getting banned everywhere =(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom