• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Don't use Ness (or Lucas) in tournaments

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Dude, you randomly insulted me for no reason at all.

I should be asking you what YOUR problem is, not the other way around.

If you don't like me that's cool, but petty insults are childish.

Hell Cort said not to use Ness or Lucas and no one is flaming him.

SWF is funny as hell.

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
Mr. Escalator: No. Incorrect. I have never said anyone should quit and Marth only ***** the characters that outright suck. But I haven't said anything like that in this thread. Don't talk like you know how post and then post bull**** plz.
It's really implied in most of your posts. I recall you saying something in the Peach section, but I'm not sure how it went down. You came of pretty rude, nonetheless, so thats close enough as far as Im concerned.

I never said you did that in this thread.

But It makes me wonder why you even care about this topic, as it's pretty much done and finished news.

You do have some interesting posts, despite it all, and I guess that's your redeeming quality ;D

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
The thread would have died.

Cort revived it and said the thread shouldn't die because then Ness mains won't know about what can be abused against them in tourney. Then I made a comment about how Ness probably can't go too far in tournies anyway. Then people got butthurt, because I speak the truth.

But it's fine. I'm done here.

Also about the Peach forums...You serious?

Peach forums is a joke.

Go read that stuff in there and try not to laugh at the blatant obssessive fanboyism over Peach and the hero worship of Dark Pch. It's hilarious.

Anyway, he and I had it out becuase he posted something false/ignorant/foolish about Marth vs Peach so I laid down the ownage.

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
This is sorta what I was getting at. You seem to feel as if you need to get the last word, and that you're word is any better than another's. You come off as arrogant in a lot of your posts, and it appears to start some unnecessary arguments (like this one) where it'd probably best not to say a single thing.

Cort may have done some thread necromancy, but it may not have been the best choice to go at Ness in his own sub-forum. I don't care if you feel it's the truth, you probably should of kept it to yourself and have them come to their own conclusion.

If it was in neutral territory, it would be fine, I suppose, but it's like going over to Marth's section and saying Marth isn't as viable as Snake, and that everyone there should just use him. Not the best example, but it's the "truth".

but ok

I don't really wish to argue with another member about something stupid like this. I prefer to stick to arguing over matchups, personally.

I'm probably going to stop posting in this thread after this post, but I may post again if it's relevant.
I would hope you would make a single post after this and stop.
I dont expect you to stop because I did just make this post, so you're entitled to reply...
but it'd be nice to see this one die away.

edit:

I guess you do have a point about the Peach section.
I just ducked in their
and it was...
.____.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
If you posted in the Marth boards that Snake is superior I would say yes he is and then never post in that thread again, because it would be obvious.

I wouldn't get offended because there is nothing to get offended about.

I come off as arrogant because I post in a very blunt manner, when it comes to factual information.

I would never get upset if someone came into the Marth threads and said something negative about him that was true. You will never see me get pissed if someone says he looks like Sailor Mercury.

Why? Cuz the **** is true. Marth looks like a chick.

Why get mad over facts? They will still be true even after you throw your temper tantrum.

Well, I replied. Now I'm done.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Emblem Lord why do you care? Haven't you realised the only people who go to tournaments who play Ness that read this forum are me and like two other people? >_>;

In all honesty I still think it's too early to decide what characters are good or not... How many people thought Zelda was really good and Mario sucked? Well... they were wrong lol. Also: DDD used to be top tier. It's obvious that MK and Snake are probably the best characters in the game, but I still haven't really formed an opinion about the rest of the characters. In the long run, it doesn't even matter cuz everybody either gets ***** by Snake OR Metaknight and we'll all just go back to playing melee lol.

Levitas

the moon
This thread died like a month ago on the lucas boards, lol.

Edit: ok fine, a week. It's at the bottom of page 2 by now though.

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
Why does God hate Ness?

Seriously though, the only reason I don't really like Melee and Brawl is the tiers. They ruin the game for people who like playing as Ness or Mewtwo. People HAVE to choose Fox or Snake or else they will be obliterated. You can be the best Ness player, know all the ATs and etc., but be killed by this CG. It's truely sad to see a game like this ruined by something that seems minor during development but is completely gamebreaking. This is why Smash 64 will still remain my favorite game of all time.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
*facepalm*

This ISN'T that BAD!!!
AND STOP FRIGGIN BUMPING THE THREAD!!!

This died on the Lucas board quite some time ago. Let it die here too!

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Why does God hate Ness?

Seriously though, the only reason I don't really like Melee and Brawl is the tiers. They ruin the game for people who like playing as Ness or Mewtwo. People HAVE to choose Fox or Snake or else they will be obliterated. You can be the best Ness player, know all the ATs and etc., but be killed by this CG. It's truely sad to see a game like this ruined by something that seems minor during development but is completely gamebreaking. This is why Smash 64 will still remain my favorite game of all time.
Um 64 had tiers too. In fact every fighting game has tiers. Fire Emblem has tiers. Pokemon has tiers goddammit.

And tiers don't decide everything as the last major melee tournament was won by a jigglypuff lol. Mewtwo was just absolute trash in melee having like two good moves. Ness was like the lowest ranked character you could actually use in a tournament and have a change of making it out of pools or something.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
STOP FRIGGIN BUMPING THIS THREAD!!!

There is no point to this anymore. Like I said, it's just making people wanna leave Ness with it's false information.

Smashbros_7

Smash Ace
Dude, you randomly insulted me for no reason at all.

I should be asking you what YOUR problem is, not the other way around.

If you don't like me that's cool, but petty insults are childish.

Hell Cort said not to use Ness or Lucas and no one is flaming him.

SWF is funny as hell.
Because Cort is cool.

Your a *** who hangs around the Ness boards (and Marth boards)
and spouts about abusing the CG glitch.

bluekirby92

Smash Rookie
I love Ness and Lucas, and I'll keep playing as them. But pressing the Y or X buttons to jump makes chain grabbing pretty hard to do (If someone covered this already.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
I thought Levitas was a good person...
Now people are going to think Ness and Lucas are tourney crap again -_-
2 characters people... 2 people and the rest cant do **** to Ness or Lucas

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Oh lol sorry, so it was bluekirby who bumped it. Ok sorry for the false accusation lol.

WHAT DON"T YOU GUYS GET ABOUT LARGE RED TEXT!?

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
thanks for the info cort i will never ever use ness or lucas in tournaments again

can we get a sticky

Gindler

Smash Champion
Ness is great in tournies, well not tourney crap anyway, yoshi has worse tourney results and he's my main for pete's sake.

Okay kids, yeah last bump...from me anyway.

seshun

Smash Apprentice
wow, this makes me sad. And here i was trying to find a way to escape it. Sucks

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
****IT WHAT THE FRIGGIN HELL!?!?!?!?
Stop bumping this.

1. It's wrong
2. It's not bad
3. You're making people LEAVE NESS for a bad reason
4. ITS ****ING ANNOYING ME **** OF MY *** ****IT!!!

AdmantNESS

Smash Ace
Why did you bump this why?

THE ONLY CHARACTERS WHO CAN INIFINTE-RELEASE GRAB NESS IS MARTH AND CHARIZARD

Anyway, we need to get a mod to close this. Someone is just going to keep bumping it. The one on the Lucas board was locked. Its time for this one to do the same.

clowsui

Smash Legend
lol today overswarm told me a technique to get out of grabs
while getting out is completely random for this technique at least you can get out
hold up and mash buttons to get out, at some point you'll get out and do whatever move you inputted while jumping

Top Bottom