• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DotA 2: 6.83 patch, The International 5 on the way!

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Oh jeez, can't believe Gamefly thought it was okay to sneak a camera into DK's booth during drafting period, then upload their picking discussions online. Hope Valve comes down on them like a tonne of bricks.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Whats your mmr?

edit:

so i finally got to 4.6k. The first game after breaking it I go against Fear and have the most ridiculous team. A raging offlane omniknight, an abbadon maxing e, gyro maxing missle, and a storm who gets wrecked mid. It was not pleasant.

Last edited:

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Whats your mmr?

edit:

so i finally got to 4.6k. The first game after breaking it I go against Fear and have the most ridiculous team. A raging offlane omniknight, an abbadon maxing e, gyro maxing missle, and a storm who gets wrecked mid. It was not pleasant.
I don't really do solo ranked since I don't really trust randoms. I used to really do party ranked, but then I started doing it with my friends more and more than my squad (due to them being busy a lot) and it dropped a lot.
@ Turazrok Turazrok I'll add ya up

EDIT: were you also known as, "Captain Corridor,:3" because that's the person I added.

Last edited:

Turazrok

Smash Master
It's earthshaker

Apparently is captain corridor wtf I never did that ;;

Last edited:

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
steamcommunity.com/id/BiosTrigger is the account I play on now. Feel free to add me

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
That's why I don't bet, I'm not good enough at betting on who I think will win over who I want to win.

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
So to que against better players, I gotta do what?
My cousin has about the same the amount of games I've played, but the people he ques a with are at dangerous levels of ***********. The people I que with are decent at best, but I'm clearly better than just about all of them One of my friends ques against very good people, but he has a lot more games. What determines the level of opponents you can que with in regular pubs?

Last edited:

Turazrok

Smash Master
I dunno I'm constantly at very high matchmaking when I play with Iggy/Broxy, but my WR is barely over 50%.

Probably who you play with.

Or maybe icefrog recognizes how amazing my tide is, so I get put in very high anyways.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
I had to play a quad support mirana game last night. It was kinda fun. Got some good arrows. Also got the sunstrike on a sniper who tried to shadowblade away. Friends are still unimpressed. Need more CS.

What is the deal with Gyro's Homing Missile? It doesn't scale poorly in terms of damage. Obviously early game I only get 1 level, but later on should I just start getting stats, or finally max it out?

Last edited:

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Well, I know if I que with that one guy, I get to que with people I feel are at my level. I just don't like playing these pub games. ****ty supports, no wards, people kinda like half ass their role and leave it to me to win the game and I can't really depend on anyone to carry, etc etc.

Turazrok

Smash Master
I've been eating **** lately, I should probably stop playing spectre.

Also don't get too bummed man, just play ranked solo until you get into a mmr high enough for quality games.

I think that's the idea, anyways. QQing too much will just turn this place into the LoL thread :/, "Muh rank, everyone sux wah" and you'll also still have **** games.

D

Deleted member

I notice I tend to get better opponents (and by extension teammates) when I queue in the evening. If you want to play with competent people, I say that's probably around the prime time to do so.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
So to que against better players, I gotta do what?
My cousin has about the same the amount of games I've played, but the people he ques a with are at dangerous levels of ***********. The people I que with are decent at best, but I'm clearly better than just about all of them One of my friends ques against very good people, but he has a lot more games. What determines the level of opponents you can que with in regular pubs?
You have an invisible unranked mmr. You just need to win more games and you'll gradually climb in unranked mmr.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
What is the deal with Gyro's Homing Missile? It doesn't scale poorly in terms of damage. Obviously early game I only get 1 level, but later on should I just start getting stats, or finally max it out?
It can do 440 damage max level. It's not the greatest mid team fight but it's good initiates damage as well as for chasing

Lizalfos

Smash Master
So if unranked is ranked, then what is the point of it being unranked? Is it so you can do stupid stuff some games and be a tryhard in your ranked games? Is it the illusion of choice? IS IT ALL CONSPIRACY??? I KNEW IT WAS A LIE. TECHIES ARE A LIE.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
So if unranked is ranked, then what is the point of it being unranked? Is it so you can do stupid stuff some games and be a tryhard in your ranked games? Is it the illusion of choice? IS IT ALL CONSPIRACY??? I KNEW IT WAS A LIE. TECHIES ARE A LIE.
Invisible mmr so you can't really be a judge of things.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
I need to favorite all the character that have tons of buttons.
Thinking about managing your spells and skillshots at the same time when playing invoker is such a rush.
Tinker is fun too, but he is more about performing patterns than invoker is.
Gotta press all the buttons.
Pressing buttons is good.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Please don't play tinker. You will either feed or be hated

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Imma try enchantress today
I need to favorite all the character that have tons of buttons.
Thinking about managing your spells and skillshots at the same time when playing invoker is such a rush.
Tinker is fun too, but he is more about performing patterns than invoker is.
Gotta press all the buttons.
Pressing buttons is good.
Stop..
It isn't working. If you wanna seriously do that, play a lot of bot/LP games, till you are confident in your skill. If you're better than most of the people in your que, you can try it in pub games, but I don't recommend.
Please don't play tinker. You will either feed or be hated

Lizalfos

Smash Master
I feel like playing against bots reinforces bad habits. Pubs probably do too.

If I played tinker against bots I would just do the stupid things and get away with them, and proceed to win with split pushing.

Tinker isn't that hard anyway. I'm not going to play sniper every game either.

Last edited:

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Bruh
Y u tinker
Work on your tinker >_>

Last edited:

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Did I throw or somthing that last game?
I don't think that my tinker was that bad.
Nah
I just think you were having some of the same problems you've previously mentioned, like CS, ganking, knowing when to go in, maybe another thing er two.

Last edited:

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Tinker is extremely rough because you need to have 60 - 70 cs by the 10 minute mark or you are too far behind. You should really only play Tinker on the radiant unless you are actually really good with him. You can stack the ancients from midlane and not miss a creep if you march towards the ancients at 49. If your ancients are blocked you can double stack your jungle by marching at 50 iirc towards the east between the two camps. It's really easy to come back after a hard start on the radiant. The dire you don't have that luxury unless you have amazing supports who gimp themselves to stack and help you.

Tinker also has the same innate ability that Shadowfiend has. You know that passive that attracts supports to come gank you during the laning phase.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
I'll try stacking at those times. I've gotten a lot better at last hitting with tink in general. His projectile is so slow, still better than last hitting with Mirana

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Tinker's last attack animation is actually really nice. His base damage is ridiculously good and the projectile doesn't fly too slow tbh.

Top Bottom