• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dr. Who Mafia, Endgame! Town wins! The universe is doomed!

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
@pawn: I realize, yea I kinda followed the lead however, you never received a vote from me yet. Haven't bought that bus pass.

With that said
Unvote

As far as what I think of Kary, I think Kary is trying to nudge the game forward so far. Not too much of a read. Kinda null for now.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
@Kary: I have a null on Orbo.

@Kary: Scary followed your lead on me with no questions asked, much like the way you said I was following Orbo. What are your thoughts on that?
@Scary: What do you think of Kary?
How about you give your opinion on Scary. Also tell me your read on Kary and Grimm.

Wow. You really laid things out here. It really places some suspicion on Pawn I think.

Certainly raises a little concern that there may be some conglomeration during a RVS stage.

FoS: Pawn
Huh? So you say there is a 'unit' clicking up yet you don't say anything about Orbo? (Such as no fos) Also talk to me how Kary's walkthrough helped you see Pawn's evil actions?

@pawn: I realize, yea I kinda followed the lead however, you never received a vote from me yet. Haven't bought that bus pass.

With that said
Unvote

You can't just handwave "oh I don't have full credit for that so you can't pin that on me nananana" that.

I feel you are trying to backtrack from your own actions so you can seem 'justified', and that you were just giving responsibility to Kary, in the next quote, so that you aren't in the hotseat when called out.

Probably not but what I meant was a sort of early game cooperation between you and Orbo. Especially after Kary laid it out there as a whole so far.
Vote: ScaryLB59

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
It really just looked like Pawn trying to form something against Kary, especially after she laid it out. Me backtracking is out of I don't have ANYTHING else to go on, so it would be foolish to stick with it. Also, I'm going to read up some more on Orbo.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
No. You backtracking was because you were called out on it, is this not correct?

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
I thought 'damn that's some low hanging fruit, going to leave pointing that out to some other sucker'
I didn't exactly like the tone in this post, so I decided to backtrack. I didn't really care for being called out but being a sucker implies I bit on something pretty bad. Any other way to backtrack without looking scummy lol?

pawndidater2

Smash Journeyman
How about you give your opinion on Scary. Also tell me your read on Kary and Grimm.
Scary is acting pretty scummy right now. If he keep this up I'll throw up a vote with yours.
Kary I'm not sure about right now. Leaning ever so slightly towards town. I'll get back to you on that.
I have no opinion on Grimm as of yet. Like I said before, his few posts are sketchy but he hasn't been around enough to build a decent picture of him.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
@Ran; don't get ahead of yourself, ya?

It really just looked like Pawn trying to form something against Kary, especially after she laid it out. Me backtracking is out of I don't have ANYTHING else to go on, so it would be foolish to stick with it. Also, I'm going to read up some more on Orbo.
elaborate on this for me please. how was pawndiddly trying to form something against me?

I didn't exactly like the tone in this post, so I decided to backtrack. I didn't really care for being called out but being a sucker implies I bit on something pretty bad. Any other way to backtrack without looking scummy lol?
i'm not calling you out:

-i asked you what you think of my points against pawn
-you said you agree
-pawn asked what I think of you agreeing
-I said that I wasn't going to mention it (you agreeing)
and that I was going to leave mentioning it to someone else (which turned out to be pawn)

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
@Ran; don't get ahead of yourself, ya?

elaborate on this for me please. how was pawndiddly trying to form something against me?

i'm not calling you out:

-i asked you what you think of my points against pawn
-you said you agree
-pawn asked what I think of you agreeing
-I said that I wasn't going to mention it (you agreeing)
and that I was going to leave mentioning it to someone else (which turned out to be pawn)
Ah, I read that all wrong then. Trying to think way too hard lol. I'm gonna slow down then.

@ran: is all backtracking scummy?

#HBC | BadWolf

Crusader of Ponies
Deadline is the 24th at 11:59 EST

Vote Count

1. Pawndidater2 - Orbo, Kary
L-3
2. The Paprika Killer
3. scaryLB59-Ran, Pwn
L-3
4. Skytear
5. Zen
6. Grimm -
7. (SE) Kary - Zen
L-4
8. (IC) Orbo
9. (IC) Ran - Skytear
L-4

Not Voting - Paprika, Grimm, ScaryLB

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I know it's the weekend be dear me this game is inactive. Hello? Anyone have anything they want to add?

Scary seems to be fumbling over his words. It looks like he's trying to grab at whatever he thinks will get people off his back.
Please show me some examples of this kind of behaviour from Scary, and explain why you think it is scummy.

You're this close to my vote. Answer me this: Are you town?
Also, can you please explain how this is anything other than meaningless posturing on your part?

My work here is done.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Since it's that time of Day, let's talk about night actions.

This game has an open setup; we know exactly what roles are involved. We have a weak doctor, and a tracker. A weak doctor can protect a townie other than themselves from the night kill, but will die if they try and protect a mafiosi. A tracker can follow a player to see who they visit in the night (if anyone), so they will get a result on the doctor protecting someone or a mafiosi performing a kill.

Here's what I think we should do with these roles, at least for Night 1:

#1 the weak doctor should protect someone townie, agreed upon by a majority of the town. The player protected won't be killed by the mafia, and will be confirmed to be town.

#2 the tracker should follow someone scummy, but we should not pick one person in particular to be tracked (because this would let scum send the other mafiosi). If the tracker gets a result, they will know whether their target is a mafiosi or the doctor based on who that person targeted.

I could explain further but I find this sort of thing trivial.

QUESTION FOR YOU:

do you agree with my plan, outlined above? If not, what part of it do you disagree with, and what do you propose instead?

closing statement; the doctor should obviously protect me, i'm awesome and townie.

D

Deleted member

scary and pawn on this last page wtf. FoS both need to decide which of these is worse, gimmie a bit

Plan seems straightforward enough. #1 is probably the best way to utilize weak doc. #2 isn't really a plan but just how to play tracker?

pawndidater2

Smash Journeyman
Please show me some examples of this kind of behaviour from Scary, and explain why you think it is scummy.
Yes I followed Kary but I haven't voted for you yet so it's okay.
I haven't said anything against you yet, but here he is saying I was to justify his actions. Then he attempts to get out from under the gun by saying no more evidence has presented itself rather than digging for it himself.
Ah, I read that all wrong then. Trying to think way too hard lol. I'm gonna slow down then.
It would be rather difficult to make a misconception such as this. Easily a ploy. Any other way to backtrack without looking scummy lol? I can practically hear the nervousness in this.

Also, can you please explain how this is anything other than meaningless posturing on your part?
It means nothing. Of course he's going to answer that he's town. What I'm looking for is the way he answers. Looking at how hasty, relaxed, etc. he words it can be indicative of his alignment. The keyword being can. This, along with everything after it, was meaningless actions intended to get reactions. I got these:
What is this???
This feels too stressed.
A kind invitation to live on beyond this day?
This feels fake. When I asked "What do you think?" he would have had to come up with something that didn't reveal his alignment. Ten minutes later he comes up with this.

pawndidater2

Smash Journeyman
As for the plan:
#1 seems solid. There's always the chance we picked a goon to have him protect and he'll die but in that case we know he's a goon.
#2 is just playing tracker, but I'm not sure if there's anything specific we could use him for at this point.

I vote myself to get protected.

D

Deleted member

goddamnit my bad habits are already taking over.

FIRST OFF, I just realized one thing IS wrong with the plan. If the weak doctor dies, it is possible that scum just killed the doctor, at which point someone will have a fake accusation against him.

Okay below is basically me giving opinions on pawn's posts starting at when kary posted the pawn case.

Very well. The game face is going on. Orbo has been taking the words out of my mouth and I haven't felt like adding. It's only been a day and I haven't gotten into a proper mindset yet. I haven't been asking Grim anything because I was hoping my vote would spark some kind of reaction, but he hasn't been around. I let you get on with your awkward posting to start building a picture of you. Under what circumstance will you stop screwing around? In my mind the game hadn't started so I was taking it easy and screwing around. Now it has started @Grim: What do you think of Kary's move against me? What did you think of his awkward posting?
why would you screw around at any time? this line greatly confuses me because on the one hand you agree with orbo which going by what you say in this post is serious, but you also pretend to just post "whatever".

Not read as in townie or mafia, read as in your general character. If I can understand you I can understand your motives. The same applies to me. And yes, the game does start when I get called out, because that forces me to get my head in the game.
*cringe*
This is exactly not the attitude you must have in this game. Why on earth would the game not start (for you) until someone actually accuses you? If more people have that attitude literally nothing gets done.

So...
Grim hasn't been here in two days.
Skytear has done nothing.
It's been a day since most everyone has been asked questions and so far less than half have responded.
...picture...

@Kary: Scary followed your lead on me with no questions asked, much like the way you said I was following Orbo. What are your thoughts on that?
@Scary: What do you think of Kary?
oh my is this first half of the post a half-assed attempt to get peopel to look the other way. Yes them not being here is annoying but right now you are the one being looked at and stuff like this isn't helping.

It's possible he's getting lessons on what and what not to say from his scum partner but I want to talk to him more before I make any assumptions.
so what happens if grimm starts posting and his posts look fine? does that mean he has been taught well? Really you must realize that whatever grimm will post his absence cannot be held against him in that regard?

Scary is acting pretty scummy right now. If he keep this up I'll throw up a vote with yours.
Kary I'm not sure about right now. Leaning ever so slightly towards town. I'll get back to you on that.

I have no opinion on Grimm as of yet. Like I said before, his few posts are sketchy but he hasn't been around enough to build a decent picture of him.
if he keeps what up? (consider the time you posted this and not what posts came after it)

Scary seems to be fumbling over his words. It looks like he's trying to grab at whatever he thinks will get people off his back.
You're this close to my vote. Answer me this: Are you town?
I see...
Unvote
Any response?
okay wat. srsly wut
aside form the fact that "are you town" is a stupid question that never lead to anything, what in scary's followup made you vote him? what pushed you over the edge there? you then proceeded to unvote and re-vote him for no reason again. tell me, what were you trying to accomplish here?

What do you think?
My work here is done.
ehm if you say so (Kary's picture caaputers my sentiment way better here)

--------------

I initially had a couple posts from Scary's with comments but it mostly came down to "these are null posts" and "I agree with Ran" (I do) Overall I think Pawn is worse so Vote: Pawn for now

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
you didn't think anything of his early game questions?
I was scratching my head trying to figure why Orbo posted them.
I found him asking you if your vote was RVS weird, but not telling. Weird for asking you that when he just explained pressuring. The rest of the read I'm going to wait on what else he does.

@Scary: It depends on why you backtrack. If you really backtracked because you were wrong or had no reason to continue your pressure/accusations, then it would be fine to come in and say that, and only if you go in another direction. If someone pressures you don't panic, just tell the truth, even if it sounds dumb. Only scum lie, because they have to.

Unvote Vote: Zen

pawndidater2

Smash Journeyman
why would you screw around at any time? this line greatly confuses me because on the one hand you agree with orbo which going by what you say in this post is serious, but you also pretend to just post "whatever".
I was screwing around because that's just the kind of person I am. Deal with it, it won't happen anymore. The rest of this sentence sounds like gibberish to me, could you reword it?

oh my is this first half of the post a half-***** attempt to get peopel to look the other way. Yes them not being here is annoying but right now you are the one being looked at and stuff like this isn't helping.
On what planet am I trying to get people to look the other way? I was trying to get something to happen.

if he keeps what up? (consider the time you posted this and not what posts came after it)
Acting scummy. Was that unclear?

As for the rest of that post, I'm assuming you didn't see that large post of mine right above yours.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Thanks Ran, as dumb as I sounded it really was me trying to backtrack since I wasn't sure and didn't want to jump into things.

My only issue is I really don't have another direction to go. Not too sure how to act with Pawn jumping down my throat lol. Scum hunting a tad too hard.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
FIRST OFF, I just realized one thing IS wrong with the plan. If the weak doctor dies, it is possible that scum just killed the doctor, at which point someone will have a fake accusation against him.
It's a weakness of the plan but I don't see it as a problem. If the mafia kill the doctor then they managed to get lucky. We should only take the doctor's death as an accusation if we know that they died from visiting someone (i.e. if there are two deaths in the night).

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Still only on page 5? Hm gonna have to just prod dodge here and see you guys in a couple of days.

Vote: Ranmaru

#HBC | BadWolf

Crusader of Ponies
@Mod, can we have a votecount?

Deadline is the 24th at 11:59PM EST

With 9 people alive it takes 5 to lynch!

Votes

Pawndidater2 - Orbo, Kary, Paprika L-2
Paprika Killer -
ScaryLB59 - Pawn
Skytear -
Zen - Ran
Grimm -
Kary -
Orbo -
Ran - Skytear, Zen

Not voting: Grimm, ScaryLB

(It's been a long night, tell me if any are wrong.)

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Hey Mod prod on Grimm and Skytear? Dunno where those two are at. Hmm.

#HBC | BadWolf

Crusader of Ponies
Looking for replacement for Grimm

Prodding Skytear

Also, for future reference, to all players: I am giving 2 prods only. If I have to reach a third, I will either replace you or modkill you. Whichever one is easiest. The Day will end if a modkill takes place.

Top Bottom