• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Dragonic Reverse" -- Yoshi Can Wavedash!

Scarlet Jile

Smash Lord
NNID
ScarletJile
Shouldn't it be Draconic Reverse?

o__o

Smooth Criminal
I've actually thought about that, haha.

But until general consensus agrees, we have to at least respect the title given by the folks who discovered it.

Poorly translated though it may be. :laugh:

Mac Matrix

Smash Cadet
I don't think it sounds that bad.

I don't have a classic controller (I attempted to use the Wiimote yesterday, and failed against my 6-year old sister >_>) so I can only use a GC pad with this.

But there's so many pages to this topic that I can't find out what the easiest way to perform this is? Please excuse me for being such a noob here about this, but I want to learn this.

Can someone point out the way to do this? (sorry for asking. ><) If anybody wants feel free to get my MSN if it'll make helping me out a little easier.

^^;

Scarlet Jile

Smash Lord
NNID
ScarletJile
Well, if you have tap jump still on, press X or Y, and then Up + A at the same time in rapid succession.

If you don't have tap jump on, press X or Y twice rapidly (the same button twice), and A in conjunction with the second jump.

Has to be extremely fast. Try it in 1/4 speed to figure out what you're doing first.

bigman40

Smash Master
I got my recorder to work at my mom's house (working FTW and FTL). I'll be recording matches with me attempting the newer techs (DR, SJ, maybe infinite and ELFS).

Gindler

Smash Champion
I couldn't even do this in 1/4 speed. And trying for a good 10 minutes without getting it once is so heartbreaking.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Keep at it. It just takes a few random times before you actually realize what the timing is.

bigman40

Smash Master
It is tough at first, but when you start finding the timing (which I believe I posted earlier). you'll get it down relatively quickly. I'll get some more stuff on it so it'll help you guys out.

Mac Matrix

Smash Cadet
Okay, thanks. =)

I left tapjump on, as I've been too lazy to change any of the GC pad settings. Is it easier that way?

YOSHI FOR THE ULTIMATE WIN.

D1

Banned via Administration
So Basically I jump twice really quickly and input the nair command while tilting forward and I should do the pseudo wavedash w/ Yoshi?

D1

Banned via Administration
Haha yeah its funny...my other chars can handle the rest of the cast pretty well but MK seems to be my biggest problem...

...for some reason when I go Yoshi vs. MK things seem so much easier probably cuz of the guaranteed usmash after the grab release CGs..

...anyway yeah its glad to be back ^.^

I can already DR on my first try but only in place...

...soon I"ll start going forward and back w/ more practice.

Earlier today I mastered Boost Pivot Grabbin CGs w/ Falco so this shouldn't be so tough on my fingers.

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
This was possible in Melee. Hell, i did this many time by mistake with Yoshi in Melee because I was used to Mewtwo's DJC.

Still, this is too good in Brawl. Hooray for Yoshi. ^_^

Oh yeah but here's a question. Does Yoshi get some of the Super Armor frames of his DJ when doing this?

KiwiBear

Smash Rookie
Yoshi is INCREDIBLY flinch resistant on his DJ. I know yoshi in and out and i can tell you his biggest weakness is against zelda. :|

Fawriel

Smash Master
So, if this becomes an established AT used in tournaments and stuff...

Are we going to call it "waveyoshing"?

eggs-on-toast

Smash Apprentice
hey i picked up Yoshi like the other day and have most techs like egg toss sliding and stuff down and well and i'm trying this one now. I'm still kinda confused tho I cancel the aireal while standing still and puffs off clouds come out, can anyone tell me if thats like what i should be doing if i'm stading still?

Also how do I do the slide I can't seem to slide after doing it I just seem to cancel it and keep walking.

Alopex

Smash Ace
I still can't do this. I have my GC controller set up so that X is jump and Y is shield. L is also shield despite the fact that I never use it since it's just waaaay too slow. Also tap jumping is off and... I kinda want to keep it that way, otherwise the second jump gets in the way of up commands.

So should I set L to be jump as well, or...?

I think I might need step-by-step instructions... :dizzy:

Chaco

Never Logs In
Just wondering, but has anyone pointed out that it should be "Draconic Reverse".

Chaco

Never Logs In
Cool, I'll watch it. Sorry I didn't send you anything.

EDIT: I can totally help you with the next part of this. Using DR as an approch, and aslo as a finisher. (it owns) But all in all a good guide. And I'm still learning to space with DR, It works excellently. But it depends on what move you do it with, I recommend ftilt so you don't decay your fsmash.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Yeah, I have two blocks left on my replay saving and looking through those was hard. I had a spacing replay, but I couldn't find it.

Depster

Smash Champion
The video was taken down... But I switched to the CC and am getting ok at it now and am trying to use it in matches, but when I fail I still do good things =0

yoshiunity

Smash Apprentice
NNID
YoshiUnity
This is a very effective manuver. I'm testing it out now. I'm got the DR part down on the 1/2... sort of (Still trying to attack with it.). But incorperating it at regular speed is tough indeed. Any tips on accomplishing it with a classic controller? Sense to feel of the controller is different and all.

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
Eurgh my Y button sticks, anyone got a good GC method with tap jump off not involving Y. I had to learn to jump with X because of this thing.

Btw Anyone experimented with Wiimote+chuck. It seems that would make it quite easy.

bigman40

Smash Master
@BS: You can try doing either X X A, or X L A/C-stick, where L is set as jump.

@yoshiunity: CC is what I use. Set L to atk, and slide your thumb, pressing X Y L/C-stick.

I'll update my description with explanation on what I believe is the best for each controller. Check on it at about 6 pm EST.

Kiwikomix

Smash Ace
Meh. I use R for jump (just cause I'm left handed) but I never thought of DR with it. I can barely do it at 2/3 speed, lol.

Kiwikomix

Smash Ace
No... I mean, I can barely do it in place at 2/3. I still can't get it to move left and right.
meh.
*goes to practice*

Top Bottom