• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dustbowl 4! MK Banned! RC+Brinstar added!

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Im closing down voting for the mk situation on the first of october. That will give everyone a full month to practice with my finalized ruleset.

:phone:

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
going through a quarter-life crisis and wanting to travel a lot (from toronto). should i come to this?

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Yes, yes you should. I miss yo awesome face!

Bring some of the crew with you too. If I can make requests, I would ask for Meek, and TOJoe. I already asked kels and she said she wouldnt be able to. But yea, you should totally come. its only like 3 hours or so.

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
I don't even know who kels is but I'll ask the other *****z

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
no i don't play melee yet, i went to the brawl/64 tourney on the 15th though

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
apparently there was a tournament somewhere in ontario that Ally won this past weekend.

if you werent there, it would explain why you dont know who SuperGirlKels is though.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Its not really up to me, Im letting everyone who is coming and entering the event vote. If you are coming, vote and Ill factor that in.

Luxord

Smash Journeyman
Sigh, polls for "MK legal or not" are honestly really bad. Considering he is the worst matchup for the VAST majority of the cast give the people attending this tournament a good reason to allow him. It should be entirely based on what you think or what will get the most popularity/attendance at this tournament. It's basically one character less to have to prepare for. If you had a poll asking about Pikachu or Snake, most people would also say yes to the ban as it just helps them and harms them in NO way (unless they main the character).

Also idt Fatal has a problem, he just wants better attendance at this so its a more fun tournament, correct me if I'm wrong. He plays Snake anyways.

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
if i get a vote, i vote mk legal so meek and to joe will wanna go, NEGL
what up canada infiltrating your voting systems

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Sigh, polls for "MK legal or not" are honestly really bad. Considering he is the worst matchup for the VAST majority of the cast give the people attending this tournament a good reason to allow him. It should be entirely based on what you think or what will get the most popularity/attendance at this tournament. It's basically one character less to have to prepare for. If you had a poll asking about Pikachu or Snake, most people would also say yes to the ban as it just helps them and harms them in NO way (unless they main the character).

Also idt Fatal has a problem, he just wants better attendance at this so its a more fun tournament, correct me if I'm wrong. He plays Snake anyways.
Let me respond to that bolded part:
What better way to ensure the popularity and attendance of the tournament, then to let the attendees control their own ruleset?

As for the fatal part, Im just joking around with him. I know exactly who he is, considering im the one who asked him to come in the first place.

Also, What the hell is NEGL?

MeekSpeedy

Smash Ace
dont lie to yourselves, fatal wants mk legal so he can win more money, plus MK legal is more legitimate. would beating nairo @ MK banned mean anything...at all? (In comparison to beating him, or some other dedicated top MK in MK banned.)

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
dont lie to yourselves, fatal wants mk legal so he can win more money, plus MK legal is more legitimate. would beating nairo @ MK banned mean anything...at all? (In comparison to beating him, or some other dedicated top MK in MK banned.)
1. How would making mk legal make fatal more money?
2. Nairo nor any prominent MK main (aside from maybe your boy Joe) is coming so im a bit lost one why you brought him up.
3. I would take pride in beating nairo in any tournament, his dk and falco are quite good.
4. The legitimacy comment of yours is very subjective and is based purely on your opinion

Luxord

Smash Journeyman
Let me respond to that bolded part:
What better way to ensure the popularity and attendance of the tournament, then to let the attendees control their own ruleset?
Letting attendees control their own ruleset? The majority of people at nearly every tournament I can think of will vote for ban MK. And like I already said there's not many reasons not to other than:
1. using the character or,
2. like Fatal (I'm guessing here) want a more legitimate win to count towards PRs for your region.

but I do see your point, it goes 50/50. with the ban you have some people not go and without it others not going, however without the ban you are more likely to see more recognizable and upper level players (in general, not an absolute rule). just my 2 bits on polls for MK bans, because in LI (unless its *** ruleset) on most polls the vote is heavily towards MK ban, not that the poll always determines the outcome, but still.

2. Nairo nor any prominent MK main (aside from maybe your boy Joe) is coming so im a bit lost one why you brought him up.
3. I would take pride in beating nairo in any tournament, his dk and falco are quite good.
4. The legitimacy comment of yours is very subjective and is based purely on your opinion

1. more entrants = more money???
2. meek is just making a general statement
3. that's nice and all, but for people wanting to get PRed not really

MeekSpeedy

Smash Ace
3. I would take pride in beating nairo in any tournament, his dk and marth are quite good.

mk legal = more attendace = higher pot, also canadian attendance = more incentive for other people to travel to your tourney = even more attendance

its an example

anyone would, but it'd be discredited, or taken more lightly as a win by others for being mk banned

most rankings have MKs on them... lots of regions stayed with MK legal, infact the only one who has more MK banned is Texas(as far as strong regions go)... hosting both mk legal AND mk banned and counting them both towards a PR ranking really makes it hard to place and judge people accordingly. once again, a win on an MK main @ MK banned would be taken more lightly and discredited towards the player, but as for the ranking system it's really hard to judge on where you'd place someone. Would the win simply not count? Or would it count fully? Would it push said given MK main lower on the PR, simply because he couldn't use his character? would said other player be ranked higher than he should just because he beat an mk main @ mk banned? keeping all of the characters legal removes any sort of controversy

tl;dr mk legal is more legitimate, but it's your tourney, so you ultimately decide what happens

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Seeing as this region has about 3-4 tournaments a year that everyone shows up to, a PR isnt really a big deal around here. the results for our tournaments pretty much ARE the PRs lol.

anybody who is confirmed to show up here and wants to vote and voice their opinion, is welcome to say so until the end of the month, that is most likely when I will make my decision.

No_Skillz

Smash Apprentice
Nairos DK and Falco have PLENTY of notable wins, and sure it wouldn't be as prestigious as beating his MK but it would still be a good win nonetheless. Keep in mind he still attends MK banned tournaments and so do other top MKs such as Anti, Dojo, etc. so that's not keeping them from playing the game they enjoy. If he does decide to ban who's to say 10+ who voted towards the ban will still go, even with TO Joe and you Meek there will still be a lower attendance, we won't be getting any extra people for making him legal. As a sonic main idk why you would care.. MK banned or not, it will still be the same level of difficulty

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Currently barely 5 people have voted against the ban

And personally I would rather not have the opinions of the local community thats going to show up regardless be trumped by people that are trying to leverage their attendance as a means of getting their way on a ruling. Which is why i said you have to be confirmed on coming before your vote even counts.

Hypothetically, if 20 people coming to the tournament want mk banned but will show up anyway, but i leave him legal for the 7 people that wont come if hes not legal. Sure more people come to the event but it makes for a lower quality, less enjoyable event because the 20 are disgruntled about the situation.

Outside of meek, joe, fatals car, me, san and pika x2(3 regions worth of people), this tournament isnt making any kind of massive impact on the future of Brawl or anything like that. So i dont feel a major need to cater to top players over the majority

No_Skillz

Smash Apprentice
Currently barely 5 people have voted against the ban

And personally I would rather not have the opinions of the local community thats going to show up regardless be trumped by people that are trying to leverage their attendance as a means of getting their way on a ruling. Which is why i said you have to be confirmed on coming before your vote even counts.

Hypothetically, if 20 people coming to the tournament want mk banned but will show up anyway, but i leave him legal for the 7 people that wont come if hes not legal. Sure more people come to the event but it makes for a lower quality, less enjoyable event because the 20 are disgruntled about the situation.

Outside of meek, joe, fatals car, me, san and pika x2(3 regions worth of people), this tournament isnt making any kind of massive impact on the future of Brawl or anything like that. So i dont feel a major need to cater to top players over the majority

why cant i delete my own posts

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Whether or not mk is banned or not has no direct impact on whether I go or not, it depends on my school situation :)

MeekSpeedy

Smash Ace
Nairos DK and Falco have PLENTY of notable wins, and sure it wouldn't be as prestigious as beating his MK but it would still be a good win nonetheless. Keep in mind he still attends MK banned tournaments and so do other top MKs such as Anti, Dojo, etc. so that's not keeping them from playing the game they enjoy. If he does decide to ban who's to say 10+ who voted towards the ban will still go, even with TO Joe and you Meek there will still be a lower attendance, we won't be getting any extra people for making him legal. As a sonic main idk why you would care.. MK banned or not, it will still be the same level of difficulty
The difference is that those players will attend the MK banned locals that they hardly have to travel for, do you think any of those players would come to Canada for an MK banned event? If not, then why should players like Joe go to the US for one?

And I care because I use MK just as much as I use Sonic. There's plenty of matchups or players I'd feel more comfortable using MK on instead of Sonic, and vise-versa.

And most importantly, if it's MK banned I won't have anyone to be on that bus ride with. Def not tryin'a be on the greyhound bored as fff.

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
It was directed toward the thought of "MK banned" as a whole, not you specifically. So no need to get that way over it, capiche?

If going to a tournament means I'd have to give up my opinion on something, you could obviously(like you already are hahahahaha) count me out, cause I'm really not going to compromise my thoughts on the matter. I never once said "KidGoggles is lame for trying to get MK banned" and don't say that was what I was trying to imply either.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
It was directed toward the thought of "MK banned" as a whole, not you specifically. So no need to get that way over it, capiche?

If going to a tournament means I'd have to give up my opinion on something, you could obviously(like you already are hahahahaha) count me out, cause I'm really not going to compromise my thoughts on the matter. I never once said "KidGoggles is lame for trying to get MK banned" and don't say that was what I was trying to imply either.
The reason it took 4 tournaments for me to get the guy in charge of the Dustbowl to run a smash event to begin with is because his idea is that all smashers immature children. And I promised him I would run an event to prove to him otherwise. If I fall short of that because of people like you, then its not going to happen again, and this region is going to go back to not having any notable tournaments worth traveling to. So yea, the situation DOES require me to 'get that way over it'

"insert random group' sucks and is lame because they dont agree with me" is not the correct way to go about this. So if you going to act a fool and jeopardize the situation for everyone else, you can keep your narrow behind at home on wifi like youve been doing for the last 2 years. But if you would like to be a bit more respectful of people with ideas contrary to yours, maybe we can work this out. Its up to you.

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
</3

Actually idk what bus I'm even taking with my stupid-*** schedule lol

Itsnotmyfault

Smash Journeyman

Your argument there can be summed up as "because MK is such a broken character of course people are going to vote to have him banned and that's not fair."

If the majority of the people attending a tournament don't want him to be playable (and by a wide margin by the looks of it), hurting attendance by some small increment isn't really justification to limit the others' enjoyment of the tournament--if it even would hurt attendance.

But that's just my two cents. I'm abstaining from voting because I won't be able to make this. Syracuse is way too far from where I currently live.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
whoa canada was coming through? eeeeekkkkk

i am 100% sure cuse is coming to this..so i will be there

i personally am indifferent to the mk ban, but for ****s and giggles ill say no to the ban although I doubt my vote will make a difference

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
i'm probably coming but i'm the freest ness in canada

Top Bottom