• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dustbowl 4! MK Banned! RC+Brinstar added!

Sharky

Smash Master
myself metalpat pidge meek TOJoe Fatal azeal limit, plus anyone else coming in those cars. The tally, from what I can gather from your latest update on the fb page, is at least 8 votes anti-ban to 11 votes pro-ban. Certainly not a landslide win yet.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
I didnt even know the event was on facebook..admitedly i didnt read the op thoroughly and im not too connected w/the upstate scene on fb lol

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Im not counting Joe Meek or Azeal. Because their attendance is dependant on the decision, nothing against them personally

If i make a decision against them, then they dont come and its a wash anyway in terms of the envioronment of the tournament. That concept applies both ways btw, regardless of a persons stance.

If you do a search on Upstate Fighting! And like that page, you should be able to see the event on facebook

:phone:

Luxord

Smash Journeyman
Your argument there can be summed up as "because MK is such a broken character of course people are going to vote to have him banned and that's not fair."

If the majority of the people attending a tournament don't want him to be playable (and by a wide margin by the looks of it), hurting attendance by some small increment isn't really justification to limit the others' enjoyment of the tournament--if it even would hurt attendance.

But that's just my two cents. I'm abstaining from voting because I won't be able to make this. Syracuse is way too far from where I currently live.
that is my argument, although the way you worded it made me seem much more immature, but whatever...

but goggles already responded to the part about legitimacy, and i can see his point because it isn't something huge and the PRs up there aren't as serious as other NY PR and other state PRs
-not that i retract my argument, but he knows what he's doing as a TO so it's all good

yea I didn't vote either yet as I'm not confirmed for this, so it I felt it would be a unfair vote

Xubble

Smash Ace
Considering going. I'll only go if I can haul up a few others from my side of state or catch a ride from somebody here. I'll definitely check back in to confirm if I can go.

Finally get dem MMs out of the way, Goggles. :3

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Totals combined between this thread and the FB event

Confirmed People voting to Legalize MK:
MetalPat
Sharky
Fatal
Pidge
Limit

Confirmed People Voting to Ban MK
Shaun R
K.I.D.Goggles
Joe P
John D
John K
Jason L
Sean Mc.
Dahrem
No Skillz
Xubble

Alright, for the record, since I announced this as a MK legal tournament originally, I decided that I would multiply the no ban votes by 2 and if they could be higher than the ban votes then I would leave him legal. But since that still couldnt be managed, Im deciding to Ban MK from this event.

And as i said before, due to this, I will be adding Rainbow Cruise and Brinstar to the stage list.

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
don't confirm me until i get my passport renewed >__< forgot about that...

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
i actually just remembered this morning that my old one expired and spent the better part of 2 hours searching for the photos i took back in april. i was gonna go take new ones but then i bought a PS3

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Really?

Well thats one miscount on both sides so its pretty much a wash anyway.

also, please note, Damus, the guy in charge of the whole event, he will be allowed to use MK in tournament. Cus its his tournament and he can do what he wants. Also because he doesnt play smash so I dont expect him to beat anybody anyway.

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Submitted my passport renewal application today. Gonna be buying my tix soon for this, i'll see if i can get more canadians :)

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
so bing is thinking of going to this too - can anyone house us? :)

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Im pretty sure the guy running the tournament can house you. But he doesnt play smash so let me hit up sharky and see if he has space.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
If sharky can house you guys we could probably get some good practice in a couple days before the event.

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Might be 3 of us coming now :) thanks guys

Xubble

Smash Ace
I'm gathering people from around my area. Currently up to three interested in going, plus me which makes four. If I get one more to go, I'll confirm our driving up. :D

Rickyricarto

Smash Rookie
I'll defiantly be there. Best Sheik in New York (Yeah right).
Not expecting to make it too far, but hoping to make it somewhere. To everyone in advance, good luck have fun.

DahremRuhar

Smash Ace
Note, Ricky is a friend of mine. Don't go too hard on him. Yet.

Just was practicing with him today, and I think he might be better than me.

Sharky

Smash Master
Im pretty sure the guy running the tournament can house you. But he doesnt play smash so let me hit up sharky and see if he has space.
Not sure, I'll figure that out a little closer to the date, next couple weeks perhaps. keep in mind I live a half-hour away from the venue

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
I have space in my dorm room but only for like one or two people barely.. i also dont have a wii. I go to Dan's house to Brawl, thats my only source of game-time up here lol

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
Hmm... Wasn't expecting so many proban votes. Still don't know if I'm making this. I probably won't know until like a week or two before.

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
I don't think i can bring a tv on greyhound

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
i have neither a tv nor brawl.

i know dan has like 2-3 wiis and a copy of brawl..i don't know how he feels on bringing that or if he's even coming honestly but i'll text him in the morning and see.

Top Bottom