• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

E3 2011

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
3DS still doesnt have my wallet , Vita's pricing just made it worse, only game getting my attention on 3DS is MK3DS so far
I'm waiting for Majora's Mask 3DS

Ocarina of Time is good and all, but Majora's Mask would seal the deal.

I've never been much of a Playstation fan

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
nope

Wii U looks extremely ugly. I couldn't even believe it when I first saw it, looks like a $20 DVD player upon first glance. Wii was sexy, Gamecube was sexy... this think looks like crap.
Because what they show is always the final design. *Rollseyes*

Remember the first showing of the DS?

finalark

SNORLAX

I actually think that's kind of cool looking.

Again, we're not seeing the Wii U out for another year. I'm sure that by then the controller will be a look better looking.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
I don't want melee, I'm not gonna lie I would love Melee two but thats unrealistic. I just want a smash that is ABSOLUTLY nothing like that piece of **** brawl. PLEASE.
THANKKK YOU people need to realize this but some folks are stubborn and ignorant.

Stay Childish, Stay stupid, Stay salty folks.:cool:

Thino

Smash Master
u guys care about design? I care about GAAAAEEEEMMMS

a console could look like a toilet id still buy it if it has the games i want
naaaah not really if toilet , but u get my point

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Exactly.

My only real problem with Brawl was the abysmal online and tripping.

I wasn't on SWF back when the Brawl hype was going around. If it gets that bad I might have to take leave again XD
Then you should start planning because n00bs are going to invade us :/

In all seriousness, Im hoping Project Sora ditches the Brawl mechanics completly and focuses more of what SSB64 and Melee did.

Phew.. Sakurai will not be in developing.

:phone:

Angbad

Smash Ace
NNID
Angbad
A big discussion point amongst IGN staff, as well as readers, is the balance of characters. Some, like Meta Knight, seem incredibly overpowered compared to others. Sakurai noted in his discussion with Iwata that in the past he has done all of the balancing personally. He plans to involve his staff much more for these future installments.
http://ds.ign.com/articles/117/1174428p1.html

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
The foundation of the 3DS and Wii U Smash Bros. titles has yet to be established. Sakurai noted he would use Super Smash Bros. Brawl as a starting point and move on from there.
OH

MY

****ING

GOD

**** man...

Thino

Smash Master
The foundation of the 3DS and Wii U Smash Bros. titles has yet to be established. Sakurai noted he would use Super Smash Bros. Brawl as a starting point and move on from there.
well thats some bad news..

Minato

穏やかじゃない
OH

MY

****ING

GOD

**** man...
Wasn't Melee used as a starting point for Brawl and they just kept removing features (I could be wrong on that)?
Maybe this will be the opposite. Wishful thinking of course.

I'm honestly not expecting a competitive Smash though, but it'll be nice to have one.
I just want another Smash game.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
There was mention that he would get more people to assist with balance but then again each person's meaning of balance is different. The way I see is we will find out when the game comes out and were playing it.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Calm down people, while it states that Sakurai will base this game on Brawl, take note that Sakurai won't be in complete control regarding balancing and tech issues, I just hope they at least remove the overeccessive tripping that Brawl had.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
OH

MY

****ING

GOD

**** man...

Don't you think your overreacting a bit?

Just because the game is going to use Brawl as a starting point (which makes sense considering how much was added into it) doesn't mean it will use the exact same gameplay mechanics for multiplayer (which I'm assuming is your main concern).

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I repeat:

Yeah, barely any information about a game that hasn't even started to be made yet has been released so LET'S FREAK OUT.

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMOGMOGMGOMGOMGOGMOGMGOGMOGMGOGMOGMGOGMGOM

Mikachiru

Smash Ace

Don't you think your overreacting a bit?

Just because the game is going to use Brawl as a starting point (which makes sense considering how much was added into it) doesn't mean it will use the exact same gameplay mechanics for multiplayer (which I'm assuming is your main concern).
^ This. Starting point =/= end product. It'll may be something similar to a Wiki walk or something...

Life

Smash Hero
Oh no, you had to go link to TVTropes didn't you (/hypocrite)

In other news, still waiting to pass judgment but by the sound of it Smash 4 will be interesting to say the least. (That sentence needs more commas.) And the wait begins....

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Those complaning about them starting with Brawl: They started with Melee when making Brawl.

Thino

Smash Master
hell no , expectations ,speculation and hype for Brawl was awesome , screw waiting till the game is out or even having pictures to judge it

remember when people thought Ness wasn't gonna be in Brawl because of that one Smah Dojo update? I still do, that was hilarious

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089

Thank you.
I've been telling people about the possibility of the Wii-U controller being a PROTOTYPE like this was.

Anyway, i lowered my expectations significantly, so all I mainly want from the next smash is no tripping and balanced characters.

Starting from Brawl isn't all bad though.
If they could make brawl from Melee's resources......

I'm kinda upset that they used the footage from third party Wii-U games from other consoles. It's like false advertising to me, and very not cool.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I think it'll all work out in the end. 3DS had a good lineup this year, I think due to it's games/the fact it's Nintendo it'll still go toe-to-toe with vita

finalark

SNORLAX
Source????
It was earlier in either this thread or the Wii U thread. Give me a bit to find it.

EDIT: Okay, search is being ********. But basically, the footage for multiplatform games for the Wii U (like Darksiders II or Arkham City) was taken from the PS360 version.

Top Bottom