• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 speculation: Any more to come?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
If we go by that, I question the importance of him appearing if he's just a boss.
It could be something like that. I mean we did have Nook looking at Villager's invite as a vocal point of the original trailer. And he shows up in Villager's FS.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Namco joining definetly was what brought pacman and seeing the sal leak rosalina was also added later. So yes it did matter
>Implying the Sal Romano leak is confirmed real.

Sal Romano leak doesn't mean anything yet.

Malcolm Belmont

Smash Ace
NNID
King Joffery
That isn't out of the question either, but I believe Sakurai already said that characters won't be getting costumes that turn them into different characters entirely. And yes, even though both Pit and Dark Pit look the same, they're still different characters in essence. I'm leaning towards him being an assist trophy, but him being the boss on Palutena's Temple isn't out of the question either, considering how he was presented in Palutena's trailer.
I don't think so due to Magnus being the AT of the Kid Icures Series..maybe Playable Charcter

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I don't think so due to Magnus being the AT of the Kid Icures Series..maybe Playable Charcter
First off, it's spelled Icarus. Not Icures. Second, a series can have more than one Assist Trophy.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Still dosent mean anything regarding pacman. I know almost nobody was supporting pac before namco joined in
Nobody supported Wii Fit Trainer before she was revealed either. Your logic is relying on fan desires. At the end of the day, Sakurai designed the roster. Greninja wasn't even in a game when he was added to Smash. Fan popularity means absolutely nothing here.

The roster will have less newcomers than Brawl, this was confirmed last year at E3. Since the roster was also finalised (excluding possible cuts due to time constraints) by this point, this holds true today.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Dark Pit's color is absent from Pit's selection? What about Hii Fit Trainer? Can you play as him on the demo?

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
The roster will have less newcomers than Brawl, this was confirmed last year at E3. Since the roster was also finalised (excluding possible cuts due to time constraints) by this point, this holds true today.
Can you give me a link?

Because for some reasons, I don't recall him having said exactly this but I can be wrong.

domokl

Smash Lord
Nobody supported Wii Fit Trainer before she was revealed either. Your logic is relying on fan desires. At the end of the day, Sakurai designed the roster. Greninja wasn't even in a game when he was added to Smash. Fan popularity means absolutely nothing here.

This means nothing. If you think pac was added before namco joined your delusional. My point wasn't on fan demand its that he wasn't a likely possiblity. Wii fit trainer is a nintendo character from a series that sold very well. Your argument is invalid

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
You all remember how our good buddy Sal Romano claims Chorus Men are coming to Smash, right? Well...

Rhythm Heaven enemy in Smash Run, apparently.
ok that may have prove that sal is on to something about a rythem heaven character.

(the only misprint could be the rythem heaven character being the chorus men.)

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
>Implying the Sal Romano leak is confirmed real.

Sal Romano leak doesn't mean anything yet.
Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, Mii Fighters (Used the exact correct term), Mega Man, Pac Man, Little Mac, Greninja (Sakurai confirmed they just wanted a Pokemon from the new stuff during the Q&A).

No not really real at all. Gotten every newcomer save Rosie right so far but not confirmed real at all.

Last edited:

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
This means nothing. If you think pac was added before namco joined your delusional. My point wasn't on fan demand its that he wasn't a likely possiblity. Wii fit trainer is a nintendo character from a series that sold very well. Your argument is invalid
Sonic in Brawl. 3rd party works much differently.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Ah well, I'm losing faith in a Smash announcement tonight.

Though I'm still hoping for one as a Big finale tomorrow.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Sonic was added mainly because of fan requests late in ssbb develpoment.
1 billion people could want and scream at Sakurai for a 3rd party and it wouldn't happen. What matters is if Sega and Nintendo wants it, not fans.

domokl

Smash Lord
1 billion people could want and scream at Sakurai for a 3rd party and it wouldn't happen. What matters is if Sega and Nintendo wants it, not fans.
Except nintendo and sega acutally have a history so its different than say master chief

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
its pretty clearly a real leak. Right before Mii's were announced he updated the leak saying they were called Mii Fighters
I could write up a leak right now and predict the remaining roster. It would be a complete guess with no legit evidence. I just conjured it up in my head. Even if every single guess came true, my leak would still be fake. Accurate, but fake, and could be pure lucky guesswork.

I could be a person loosely involved with the game (an office janitor or something, I dunno), and maybe I sneak a peek of the design documents. I see some character images, and when I make my leak, I say Pac-Man is in the game, but also Bayonetta. However, Bayonetta never shows up. Turns out I mixed her up with Zero Suit Samus because of the heels and long hair. This leak may be inaccurate, but it'd still be real, as I actually saw official material in the game's development studio.

Sal Romano's leak only fits into the former category right now, he's not provided any proof that his tipper actually saw anything. However, the Mario Maker leak, was real, because it showed a photograph of a venue that matched up with the actual E3 hall, and Mario Maker was there.

Can you give me a link?

Because for some reasons, I don't recall him having said exactly this but I can be wrong.
This point has been re-iterated in many interviews, and Brawl was exactly the same situation. The latest instance was the round table from last night.

These two prove Pac-Man could have been planned even before Namco was on board, and could have potentially made it into the game regardless of their status as the dev team of the game.

domokl

Smash Lord
I could write up a leak right now and predict the remaining roster. It would be a complete guess with no legit evidence. I just conjured it up in my head. Even if every single guess came true, my leak would still be fake. Accurate, but fake, and could be pure lucky guesswork.

I could be a person loosely involved with the game (an office janitor or something, I dunno), and maybe I sneak a peek of the design documents. I see some character images, and when I make my leak, I say Pac-Man is in the game, but also Bayonetta. However, Bayonetta never shows up. Turns out I mixed her up with Zero Suit Samus because of the heels and long hair. This leak may be inaccurate, but it'd still be real, as I actually saw official material in the game's development studio.

Sal Romano's leak only fits into the former category right now, he's not provided any proof that his tipper actually saw anything. However, the Mario Maker leak, was real, because it showed a photograph of a venue that matched up with the actual E3 hall, and Mario Maker was there.

This point has been re-iterated in many interviews, and Brawl was exactly the same situation. The latest instance was the round table from last night.

These two prove Pac-Man could have been planned even before Namco was on board, and could have potentially made it into the game regardless of their status as the dev team of the game.
Mega man and sonic are two different situations altogether buddy. And mutiple things have proven sal credblity

Top Bottom