• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 speculation: Any more to come?

domokl

Smash Lord
Let alone it might be bad advertising to say "Oh the rosters decently sized" or "Eh...it's kind of small" or "No Ridley, 0/10 wouldn't buy"
It would still be false to say the roster is at 50 characters but then is at 40 characters on release. I do expect atleast a 50 character roster from that comment

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
To anyone going to the Best Buy demo, can someone find out Pit's palette swaps in the game, I want to know if it helps Dark Pit's chances at being playable.
+1. Someone find out if Black Pit is still a palette.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I know that there are fighting games with bigger rosters than Brawl out there, but to Nintendo a few more than Brawl just might be massive.

Let us hope not. I'd love a surprisingly big roster. I worry about there being so few unannounced newcomers though.

domokl

Smash Lord
Again as others have said with namco on the team a 50+ roster isint out of the question

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
We already know there won't be as many newcomers as Brawl. And we know this can't have changed, as this was part of the original design document, and it could only have gotten smaller since, if it changes at all.

D

Deleted member

Well...this is interesting.
Maybe he's an assist trophy?
Sure Sakurai isn't the most humble, but 3 KI characters is a bit too much, considering it's getting a lot of items and representation in Smash Run as well.

domokl

Smash Lord
We already know there won't be as many newcomers as Brawl. And we know this can't have changed, as this was part of the original design document, and it could only have gotten smaller since, if it changes at all.
That was before namco joined

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Well...this is interesting.
Wait....someone found out Dark Pit's color has been taken out? Are alt's available in the demo?

I don't mind Dark Pit if he's not too badly semi-cloned, but god what a strange choice for another KI rep if this is what this means.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
I don't believe these tree house guys are privileged to special information regarding smash, unless it's something they're being left with.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Sure Sakurai isn't the most humble, but 3 KI characters is a bit too much, considering it's getting a lot of items and representation in Smash Run as well.
I'd be ok with an alt costume complete with different voice and his own palettes. I draw the line as a character slot (and I actually like Dark Pit a ton)

domokl

Smash Lord
Please be right…………sakurai wouldn't be that stupid would he?

domokl

Smash Lord
I swear if dark pit got in over medusa or hades…………

Last edited:

domokl

Smash Lord
I question then the importance of him appearing in Palutena's trailer if he was just an AT.
NOt to mention appearing in her artwork and the fact that the trailer seemed to be cut off not ended

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Please be right…………sakurai wouldn't be that stupid would he?
This is the guy whose personal love for Star Fox let a sidekick like Falco become playable before the main villain of the series.

It's possible.

D

Deleted member

I'd be ok with an alt costume complete with different voice and his own palettes. I draw the line as a character slot (and I actually like Dark Pit a ton)
That isn't out of the question either, but I believe Sakurai already said that characters won't be getting costumes that turn them into different characters entirely. And yes, even though both Pit and Dark Pit look the same, they're still different characters in essence. I'm leaning towards him being an assist trophy, but him being the boss on Palutena's Temple isn't out of the question either, considering how he was presented in Palutena's trailer.

Last edited by a moderator:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Have you guys considered that Dark Pit is still an alt with different voice clips, but he simply isn't present in the demo?...

That was before namco joined
There's absolutely nothing backing that up, the roster was finalised when Namco came on board.

domokl

Smash Lord
Have you guys considered that Dark Pit is still an alt with different voice clips, but he simply isn't present in the demo?...

There's absolutely nothing backing that up, the roster was finalised when Namco came on board.
Namco joining definetly was what brought pacman and seeing the sal leak rosalina was also added later. So yes it did matter

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
You all remember how our good buddy Sal Romano claims Chorus Men are coming to Smash, right? Well...

Rhythm Heaven enemy in Smash Run, apparently.

Top Bottom