• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

East Coast Regional Circuit Official Thread

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
if you take that theory and apply it to COT4, Ally was the only canadian in the top 32, so he would get 35 points, while there were like 15 NJ, so it would end up being like 10 points for jersey, even if they scored 150 points in the same event.

It doesn't really work out that well. I tried all those calculations already in fact, I spent so many hours trying to make it work.

In the end, I think it should just stay as is. Even though M2K always gets first. Maybe I should make M2K his own state lol

Then it would look like this

1. New Jersey- 123
2. Mew2King- 80
3. New York- 62
4. Virginia- 40
5. Maryland- 38
6. Canada- 35
7. Texas- 24
8. Michigan- 22
9. Maine- 12
9. Louisiana- 12
11. Pennsylvania- 11
12. Massachusetts- 6
13. Georgia- 4
14. Florida- 3

Doubles

1. New Jersey- 157
2. Virginia- 144
3. Maryland- 101
3. New York- 101
5. Mew2King- 90
6. Louisiana- 45
7. Maine- 30
8. Pennsylvania- 26
8. Texas- 26
10. Canada- 24
11. Florida- 12
12. Michigan- 10
13. Massachusetts- 6
13. Georgia- 6

R3N0

Smash Lord
Anyone melee need a teams partner? Pm me and apply now!!!!

GRiP

Smash Rookie
w00t

can't wait!

it's going to be insane
good luck to everyone who is going
:lick:

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
Hey everyone wasup. Some FL people want to come to APEX, would anyone in New Jersey be able to pick us up from the Air Port? Thanks everyone :)

-LEE-

WarriorKnight

Smash Ace
Im in there. Me and DJN will conquer all wit bowser lol.
Money matches vs my Bowser are encouraged and will be accepted. Come to me (Marths, falcos). The more skilled the better. <-- I am referring to Melee of course.

I guess i could accept matches in brawl too.

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
ECRC Upcoming Changes:

As many of you know, the circuit is in fact for the community, and from the community, allowing TO's to apply for a spot on the circuit and then be part of it.
Well we have decided that we are going to make some changes. Running the ECRC is more work then you would imagine, there is a large amount of prior planning with the TO's answering alot of PM's , and managing a website. Not only is it time consuming, but it actually costs money. On top of that we go to the tournaments, help run them doing a large amount of the work whether it is setup, pools, brackets or registration In return we miss out on freeplay and alot of the enjoyment. Yes this is our commitment to the community, but thus far it has just been a money sink, and truthfully not worth it.
We plan to restructure the circuit for 2 main reasons.
1. We can assure the same quality at each event.
2. Financially it would actually be worth it for us.
I know what your saying, it shouldn't be about the money but you would not believe the amount of work we put into this, our current numbers are negatives, and we are holding $250 that we have received from the events for the finals to boost the pot.
Now if you dont know how TO's usually make their cut, they usually take whatever is extra off the venue fee money that they didn't need for the venue, which is how it should be. Taking from the pot we are most certainly against.

Here is our idea for the restructuring of the circuit.
Rather than having TO's apply to run tournaments we would look for TO's to scout for venues in their region, we would compensate them for doing so offer them free entrance to all events at the circuit, exclusive access to V.I.P sections which we intend to implement, and more.
From there They would provide us with the contact information to the venue, and i would try to negotiate the venue over the phone with the owner, price, planning, and such.
The only other responsibility from the TO would be to get more solid video or image of the venue if the venue cannot provide it themselves.

Again we just feel like we are ina losing battle, where this weekend might have been entertaining at times, it cost me a decent amount, and i think i played friendlies with a total of 3 people. It was somewhat depressing.

S.N.E.S. is already written in stone, and the finances will once more not be handled by us, but it has strong guarnteed payouts so changes will not go into effect until after that. And that event has truly amazing possiblities with the venue and surroundings.

With that being said, to all the TO's from other regions (South, MD/VA, Midwest, WC, Canada.. you name it) We will be looking for help at S.N.E.S and we might be able to get free or , super discounted rooms for you, but at the very least i could get free admission, which is pretty huge since its a full convention.

Thanks for your time

~Jake

kirb92

Smash Rookie
Hey, I know you guys have a lot of work to do, but I have a quick question. Do you have any plans for a Maine tournament? Good luck with what you're doing!

Moon-Doggie

Smash Ace
Ok, this is no joke, my manager just said he wants to hire a bunchof people at 18 an hour. I get a prize for listing the most people to refer, rules are you have to be in CT and over 17. Now if you text me your name and number to my cell phone. [203] 982-7678 I can refer you and you are guaranteed an interview. 18 an hour isnt bad so textg me ,I expectt my phone to blow up. and good luck with your interview its an awesome job which is the only reason IM recomending it. My phone is (203)982-7678 not gamer tags, real names please. I put noodles on it and he said no lol.

P.S

Check my art out at chicomexicano.deviantart.com

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
Solid Jake's Gameunicon outline and promise!:

WE ARE GOING TO RUN THE WORLDS FASTEST AND MOST ORGANIZED NATIONAL SMASH EVENT TO DATE

100 TV'S Guarnteed for smash free play and tournament!

we do require the community to provide setups, but not like a wii is very difficult! We will be doing a check in and labeling system to provide security for the wii and they are working on an incentive program to provide the consoles, but uh every pool gets 3-5 Tv's , yes please!

3 DAY EVENT WITH A VENUE THAT NEVER CLOSES, AND A HOTEL ROOM JUST AN ELEVATOR AWAY!

Concerts Friday and Saturday night featuring bands such as Freezepop, The Minibosses, and Bang Camaro!

A Power House of TO's!

Solid Jake
omegablackmage
omegawhitemage
Dazwa
Alex Strife
Chibosempai
and more to come!

Regional Crews done right! As long as we have the right for each region, we want to see regional crews celebrated like they used to be with fierce rivalries, and regional pride!

Speaking of regional pride, how about community pride?! This is a convention that is built off of pro gaming communities, I think its time we show the SF4 community, the Halo community, and all the other communities that our community is the best!!

It's going to be a blast, a weekend we will never forget, and from what the convention owner has told me there is already nearly 300 people pre registered for smash! (already attention from new players interested in the community? who knows!)

You can learn more @ http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=208490 or www.Gameunicon.com

Hope to see you there~

Also to help with some transportation

Travel by Land:

FROM NYC:
Ok.... so it looks like we are going to have a private hired bus from NYC to GameUniCon!!!! It looks likely that it will only be around $20 round trip!!!!(nothing's final yet...)

If interest is there we may send one elsewhere (New Jersey is possible).....

If you were to take any New York bus... you would have to go to all the way to Boston or Framingham then to Marlborough adding time to the trip. This way we will deliver you right to the Convention!!!!

Email Jamie@GameUnicon.com if you are intersted!"

dmbrandon

Smash Master
Solid Jake's Gameunicon outline and promise!:

WE ARE GOING TO RUN THE WORLDS FASTEST AND MOST ORGANIZED NATIONAL SMASH EVENT TO DATE

100 TV'S Guarnteed for smash free play and tournament!

we do require the community to provide setups, but not like a wii is very difficult! We will be doing a check in and labeling system to provide security for the wii and they are working on an incentive program to provide the consoles, but uh every pool gets 3-5 Tv's , yes please!

3 DAY EVENT WITH A VENUE THAT NEVER CLOSES, AND A HOTEL ROOM JUST AN ELEVATOR AWAY!

Concerts Friday and Saturday night featuring bands such as Freezepop, The Minibosses, and Bang Camaro!

A Power House of TO's!

Solid Jake
omegablackmage
omegawhitemage
Dazwa
Alex Strife
Chibosempai
and more to come!

Regional Crews done right! As long as we have the right for each region, we want to see regional crews celebrated like they used to be with fierce rivalries, and regional pride!

Speaking of regional pride, how about community pride?! This is a convention that is built off of pro gaming communities, I think its time we show the SF4 community, the Halo community, and all the other communities that our community is the best!!

It's going to be a blast, a weekend we will never forget, and from what the convention owner has told me there is already nearly 300 people pre registered for smash! (already attention from new players interested in the community? who knows!)

You can learn more @ http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=208490 or www.Gameunicon.com

Hope to see you there~

Also to help with some transportation

Travel by Land:

FROM NYC:
Ok.... so it looks like we are going to have a private hired bus from NYC to GameUniCon!!!! It looks likely that it will only be around $20 round trip!!!!(nothing's final yet...)

If interest is there we may send one elsewhere (New Jersey is possible).....

If you were to take any New York bus... you would have to go to all the way to Boston or Framingham then to Marlborough adding time to the trip. This way we will deliver you right to the Convention!!!!

Email Jamie@GameUnicon.com if you are intersted!"
I'll be on call all weekend for TO action, hunny.

Also, get that ****ing bus to NJ. it's be a godsend.

Scar

#HarveyDent
i'd go for a jersey bus probz

mango says he would too

do you guys have a full list of the people who pre-paid? that would be pretty ****

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
omg I can't wait I'm so stoked for this tournament I've been playing emukiller for the past two days straight for some serious hyperbolic time chamber training super hardcore sexy time and omg he's so good and I'm almost as good as him but not quite cause he's still really really good but I'll be so good at SNES and omg it'll be sick i'll be at the top of my game I can't wait if only EmuKiller could go so I could team with him cause he's so great and nice and has the best personality.

Also, check out this dinosaur comic:

http://www.qwantz.com/index.php?comic=1531

I lol'd

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
ill prob need help from ecrc running brawl at pound 4 since im so far removed from the scene

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
This needs a super update...
QFT

Brawl singles updated
Singles:
130- Mew2King
115- Ally
70 - Atomsk
70- ADHD
40 - Lain
39 - Ninjalink
30 - Ksizzle
26 - Anther
25 - Spammer
20 - Candy
19 - Shadow
19 - Dojo
18 - Judge
17 - Anti
14 - ChuDat
13 - Meep
13 - Snakeee
12 - Lee
12 - Dazwa
12 - Omni
10 - Inui
10 - Pikapika
10 - Reflex
9 - Blackwaltz
9 - Seibrik
8 - Fatal
8 - Infinity
8 - D1
8 - VexKasrani
6 - OmegaBlackMage
6 - NEO
5 - Greg
5 - Kornnn
5 - Jash
4 - Drkpch
4 - HolyNightmare
4 - Ultimate Razer
4 - Afro Thunder
4 - Doom
4 - Boss
4 - Slikvik
3 - Dapuffster
2 - Blackanese
2 - Chaos Marth
2 - Darc
2 - JesiahTEG
2 - UTD Zac
2 - Y.b.M
2 - Hova
2 - God-is-my-rock
2 - Pride
2 - Hat
2 - Culex
2 - Shugo
2 - Sago
2 - Hunger
2 - Plankk
2 - Light
2 - HRNut
2 - Azen
2 - Reflex
2 - Kismet
2 - AndyG
2 - Esoj
1 - Xzax
1 - Hylian
1 - PGN
1 - Bizkit
1 - Greenace
1 - Orion
1 - Roguepit
1 - Kingace
1 - Minus
1 - Santi
1 - Rogue Pit
1 - Lukky
1 - Pyronic~Star
1 - Rhyme
1 - NeverKnowsBest
1 - Deez
1 - BMX
1 - PhantomX
1 - EE

Brawl doubles and both melee results will be updated tomorrow!

lain

Smash Master
I'm on there twice, with 40+8 pts. I should have 48.

Where you at East Coast.

Also, what top number of people get paid?

Top Bottom