• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

East Midlands Social Thread

Calzorz

Smash Lord
lol mako u didnt realise he avoided my c4 traps cos i was falling asleep during them finals , u seem to talk like ur actually good from what iv seen of u so far ur a scrub nice quote u got there "『The Elite 4』 Fuzzyness : Kira : Retroking : Mako<3 take ur self out of there and put boxinking in *****

had to be said as all u are is a **** talker

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
Calz Boxing King hasnt been to an event yet, doesent rlly count, and he wont come to this one in London i dont think, if he does though, he would be in it. Also PTR will easily make it in the Top4 too, i dont know who would win from Edwin and PTR as ive played em both online, but PTR is extreamly good with all the chars, so that puts him at an advantage, PTR the closest to Ninjalink Willz, and im not sucking up to any1, i believe PTR is really good and will continue to believe when he gets to this fest.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Yeah i switched to metaknight literally in the middle of the last ranbat lol

I sumhow managed to beat untouched's marth with metaknight and it was then that it dawned on me that mk is stupidly broken if i can beat him the first time i ever used mk lol
lol well I did it just before the ranbat and placed quite well, ironically only lost when I used my bad falco

I wouldnt say he's broken tbh

Ixisnaugus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IxisNaugus
lol mako u didnt realise he avoided my c4 traps cos i was falling asleep during them finals , u seem to talk like ur actually good from what iv seen of u so far ur a scrub nice quote u got there "『The Elite 4』 Fuzzyness : Kira : Retroking : Mako<3 take ur self out of there and put boxinking in *****

had to be said as all u are is a **** talker
Na Mako has some epic ZSS (though i'm not sure if he's above Shadow Tactics or not). if anything though, you, ST or Trio3 should be in that elite 4 list instead of Mako XD.

@ Trio3. I haven't properly played PTR, i think he mains Mario or something.

@ Tamoo. Don't abandon Weegee like last time. Europeans need to have some ****ing balls instead of switching to MK and direct counterpicks. I put a lot of effort into Bowser, i think it is shameful that people must resort to counterpicking me in order to secure a win.

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
I agree with Ixis, we represent Tlink and Bowser, and we perform at a high level with them. If we switched to MK we'd get even higher in tourneys, but we dont stop one char we like for a gay character that every1 uses.

Ixisnaugus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IxisNaugus
WTF GUIZE! All Mako did was compliment me and all this happens!

*crys*
YOU are not allowed to be complimented until you get a proper main and stop counterpicking people!

Na i'm just yanking ya. So how goes the uploading? I wants to sees mah ep1c M4ri0 :)

Tamoo

Smash Master
calzorz: yeah lol, didnt mean to put that up, that sig extends downwards even more hehe, i just love melee too much not to gamble on it

and btw, that post to mako was pretty cold, that elite 4 thing is just a london thing so ppl like calzorz and trio wouldnt get on it anyway, and yeah only AIB ppl know boxingking although i gather he's amazing from what ive seen of him

And its like TC said, I did admittedly just use MK cos i already got knocked out of the tournament, but those three times I used Mk and those three times i won were probably the most fun ive got out of brawl in a long time, i love landing without lag after arials, i love how quick he is, just reminds me of a mix of marth and fox in melee

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
Yeah I should be uploading Low Tier and Winners up tomorrow if my connection is fine, unlike todays. >_>

Shall I upload Losers final? Personally I think it would be boring to see me doing D3's CG > Down Tilt for about 50 times lol. I'll leave it up to you.

I <3 to counterpick babez.

AND YOU GUYS DONT KNOW THE REAL ELITE 4!!!!
WWW.BEBO.COM/THEELITETOURNAMENT

GET ***** N00BZ

Ixisnaugus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IxisNaugus
Yeah I should be uploading Low Tier and Winners up tomorrow if my connection is fine, unlike todays. >_>

Shall I upload Losers final? Personally I think it would be boring to see me doing D3's CG > Down Tilt for about 50 times lol. I'll leave it up to you.

I <3 to counterpick babez.

AND YOU GUYS DONT KNOW THE REAL ELITE 4!!!!
WWW.BEBO.COM/THEELITETOURNAMENT

GET ***** N00BZ
Don't upload that idiocy, i need not be reminded of that rediculous matchup <_<

Also, why are there two Pit's on the front picture :confused:, and who's bright idea was it to put Marth in the middle? Needs more Link ;)

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
This was a real tournament in Leicester, me, Calzum and Brado went to it and got owned in August 2008.
I will speak no more of this event lol.

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
Yeah we (me and Brado) will 3 stock all of them if we go again, while you will lose in pools again Cal.

LOL NO JKZ SRS

auroreon

Smash Ace
Wow... whats with the complaining at Mako, I think he's pretty **** **** tbh... and he doesn't abuse high tiers. Fighting the same characters over and over again sucks... picking up MK is fail.
Also, no one who plays exclsuively online should be considered good, Wi-fi is complete fail and counts for nothing.

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
What's everyones problem with MK seriously lol. Just train hard and you'll be able to beat him eventually. If anyone complains about their main not being able to beat an MK they obviously haven't reached their mains full potential.

People picking up MK just to win matches is sort of sad. But people maining him because they like to play him isn't imo (like me, Kira and TC).

Jolteon

notice how melee players almost never complain about tiers, only brawl players. sounds like a lot of johnning imo.

also do bear in mind that I play brawl so I'm not hating on brawl.

Ixisnaugus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IxisNaugus
That's the problem though Willz, people DON'T pick up MK because they like him, but because he is top of the top. If MK was low tier, guarantee nobody would be using him. I bet over 90% of the UK's MK mains simply glanced at the tier list and said "Oh, this guys top of the top, guess i'll use him then". I'm not saying everyone who uses MK is an ***, but come on, people generally should choose who they like to use, they may say they "like to use MK" but chances are they haven't even bothered to try most others.

Lol, i doubt these MK's have even played a Kirby game...

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
Personally I find F-Zero to be okay and Star Fox games to be rather meh yet I main Falco, Wolf and C.Falcon. =]

And yes I agree with your points.

Also, people call me a tier ***** now but I've been maining/playing Falco, D3, Wario, Snake for quite a long time.

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
Yeah cuz they have always been high tier. Ive never known u to main any1 in speicific its just cp's. Also like i said im never gonna drop Tlink, even if i can go for a high tier, im not, cuz i like Link/Young Link/Toon Link too much to drop my fav chars, NO HOMO BBE'S.

Ixisnaugus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IxisNaugus
we've got several cases where this is not true, the best example is King and his Link - which he does very well with.
Actually, the best example would be me :). Back in my Melee days, i mained Pichu Pichu. Ah... good times.

Yeah cuz they have always been high tier. Ive never known u to main any1 in speicific its just cp's. Also like i said im never gonna drop Tlink, even if i can go for a high tier, im not, cuz i like Link/Young Link/Toon Link too much to drop my fav chars, NO HOMO BBE'S.
Why cant everybody else have this kind of loyalty? I'd still be maining Pichu Pichu if he was present (**** you Sakurai)

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
The only time I remember using a character to cp someone who I had never used was vs Kais with Mr.GAW. You and others should know I was playing D3 for quite a while and quite a lot of guys said it was good/decent. If I remember correctly I still beat Ixis when he was using Falco who is one of D3's (if not worst) worst match ups! :laugh:

Jolteon

Actually, the best example would be me :). Back in my Melee days, i mained Pichu Pichu. Ah... good times.
I suppose I'm trying to prove a point using an example of a low tier player that doesn't john about high tiers and is good.

Tamoo

Smash Master
king is ****, as is owna, his yoshi is too lol, suiciding prof like that, ill neva forget that

ppl should just play with who theyre best with. I didnt play luigi cos he was cool or anything, it just happened that i was best with him. I remeber when i first found out mk was on the top and trying him out and being rubbish with him. Now im good with mk so i use him, i hold no allegences to any particular game i like, cos tbh, the only game i like other than smash is tales and guitar hero, so i just play with who im best with. if its mk, then so be it, if its falcon, then cool.

auroreon

Smash Ace
I don't mind that much about tiers tbh, I'd rather lose with Yoshi than win with another character. And playing low tier against high tiers just makes it even better when you win.
I think the reason everyone ends up playing high tiers is because they play who they perform best with, and they perform best with characters that are better.
I just think it would be more fun to have a nice variety of different characters to play against rather than just a handfull. I don't care that its harder with low tiers... I like challenge.

Jolteon

king is ****, as is owna, his yoshi is too lol, suiciding prof like that, ill neva forget that

ppl should just play with who theyre best with. I didnt play luigi cos he was cool or anything, it just happened that i was best with him. I remeber when i first found out mk was on the top and trying him out and being rubbish with him. Now im good with mk so i use him, i hold no allegences to any particular game i like, cos tbh, the only game i like other than smash is tales and guitar hero, so i just play with who im best with. if its mk, then so be it, if its falcon, then cool.
<3 tales and GH

I LOVED owna's SD kill LOL

I don't mind that much about tiers tbh, I'd rather lose with Yoshi than win with another character. And playing low tier against high tiers just makes it even better when you win.
I think the reason everyone ends up playing high tiers is because they play who they perform best with, and they perform best with characters that are better.
I just think it would be more fun to have a nice variety of different characters to play against rather than just a handfull. I don't care that its harder with low tiers... I like challenge.
well it didn't really sound like that when you wrote a post on abusing high tiers and how picking up mk is fail lol.

And I think you're forgetting about matchups as well, its not like being high tier means that you have a really good matchup vs every low tier. As a yoshi main I'm sure you know this because of the MK matchup lol.

Blinky

Smash Journeyman
It isn't just about tiers. Characters are popular for a reason. How many of you have ever looked at a fox player like silent wolf and not wished you could do some of the crazy stuff they do. Low tiers can be fun for some people, but if people didn't enjoy playing a character, theyd change character, name one person who plays a character they do not enjoy just because they are high tier? High tiers are fun cause of the stuff it allows you to do.

Before anyone has a go at me for being a MK main, I mained MK before most of the hype, and am probably the first MK main in the UK who still plays him. I don't regret a single minute, MK is great fun.

Jolteon

There was one other MK main that mained him just before the hype Blinky - he was at Kone's tournament. I think you and him would be the first two.

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
Willz whenever you go to a tourney and play falcon only i will go Link only too, but if its an MK im gonna go MK also.

Jolteon

lol Blinky reminded me that I forgot about Coey who would take precedence over King tbh

Top Bottom