• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EC love for the Trainer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuruKid

Smash Ace
What the title asks.

Most of the peeps who post on these boards hail from the West, so I'm just wondering... where's the love for the Pokemans in the Atlantic North region? And by love, I mean the "Tournament Rep" kind of love. Step it up, east coast trainers, and post if you're out there; I'd love to play you all sometime.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
in the online thread I think we got some east coast guys. However

I'm Atlantic South :p

Charizard92

Smash Champion
I am in DC area, I'm the only person that I know that uses PT. However, as I've been to only one Brawl tournament, There aren't a lot of people.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I say some1 holds a giant PT convention for all of us to meet in person. I wana meet you guys. We can also have a big tourny and invite as many people as possible. But the main point would be to meet as many fellow PT users as possible and we'd have to kidknap you Zeph you would just have to come.

Maybe Reflex could hold it down here cuz the south rulz. :p

but really, how would that sound, we could have it during the summer or something. If that eveer happened I would so get my parents to bring me and I would try to get some friends to carpool too. however I think I'm just taunting myself seeing as the chances of that are slim. but still I think it would be a grand idea.

GuruKid

Smash Ace
in the online thread I think we got some east coast guys.

I'm Atlantic South :p
I don't really do wifi. When I asked who played PT, I meant offline-wise, because I would LOVE to meet in person and have a productive training session with fellow trainer users. Stuff like that is beneficial for both parties.

Atlantic South, eh? Darn... At least you're on the same coast, though.

I am in DC area, I'm the only person that I know that uses PT. However, as I've been to only one Brawl tournament, There aren't a lot of people.
Yeah, peeps who actually main PT are sparse. We're an endangered species. I know only one other PT main in the NY/NJ states who actually attends tournaments; Ice ****.

That's cool that you're in the region. The DC/VA area is quite active, Smash-wise. You should definitely hit up more tournaments around there. Try to go to as many as you can!

I say some1 holds a giant PT convention for all of us to meet in person. I wana meet you guys. We can also have a big tourny and invite as many people as possible. But the main point would be to meet as many fellow PT users as possible and we'd have to kidknap you Zeph you would just have to come.
That really does sound awesome, though Farfetch'd. (Excuse the pun, but I had to :) )

I'd actually come to something like this.

CoonTail

Smash Lord
Whattup GuruKid!!! Yea me and guru are the few PT's on the ATlantic north that I know of and to be honest I personally think we may actually be the only capable PT players here in the atlantic north. Cali has taken all the good PT mains and I can tell you now the only pro giving any backing in the atlantic north to PT is Dire, figuring ninjalink mains no-one. Its really sad to see how weak the PT front over here in the east is. Sadly enough Im pretty sure I am one of about 4 of the best players in Long Island, and there is no ego or arrogance here it is sadly tru.

Maybe Reflex could hold it down here cuz the south rulz. :p

but really, how would that sound, we could have it during the summer or something. If that eveer happened I would so get my parents to bring me and I would try to get some friends to carpool too. however I think I'm just taunting myself seeing as the chances of that are slim. but still I think it would be a grand idea.
Bomber I would so take a road trip this summer down south to train with the rest of you PT's. I personally only play face to face with people figuring the online for brawl to me really is nothing compared to in person play. So in short if this was organized you can count this PT main in.

But lastly I really hope we can get to see if there really are any PT mains here in the atlantic north region, cuz if not I kno my conquest to be the best PT in this region just got a whole lot easier :chuckle:!!

GuruKid

Smash Ace
No one uses PT in NJ... (Just from my observations)
And that's a very sad thing...

Theoretically, Georgia is East Coast, right? <3
Nothing but love for Georgia peeps!

Ice_Coon45 said:
But lastly I really hope we can get to see if there really are any PT mains here in the atlantic north region, cuz if not I kno my conquest to be the best PT in this region just got a whole lot easier :chuckle:!!
I feel exactly the same way. What good would the title "Best PT main in EC" serve if only 2 or 3 players competed for it? :ohwell:

xAgent Mainex

Smash Rookie
Bet you cant tell where I'm from :)

Seriously though, I played PT at the beginning of Brawl, but felt i hit a plateau with him. I might pick him back up as a main later on, but right now I'm keeping him on the bench.

DemonFart

Smash Lord
eh I have yet to got to a tourney in the east coast,I'm in ny but I would so play pt in a tourney.^_^

GuruKid

Smash Ace
eh I have yet to got to a tourney in the east coast,I'm in ny but I would so play pt in a tourney.^_^
What the... are you around the NYC area, or Long Island? If so...

Get your *** in a tourney then, DemonFart! :p You're missing out on a lot, and PT rep is critical right now.

DemonFart

Smash Lord
I live in new york city manhattan. I cant find a tourney to attend near my area. i would gladly rep PT if i found a tourney.

Fearmy

Smash Ace
there are like 5 PT's in the midwest, I'm the best in the state, but there is no competition...

GuruKid

Smash Ace
I live in new york city manhattan. I cant find a tourney to attend near my area. i would gladly rep PT if i found a tourney.
NYC! Nice! Yeah, the city's been a little quiet lately tournament-wise (people here mostly hold private Smashfests and stuff), but there are some good upcoming tournaments nearby.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=207627 Jersey city is like a half hour trip from manhattan (take the Port Authority van)

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=215873 Long Island, but still not too far.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=211171 This one will actually BE in the city.

Looking forward to meeting you in at least one of these.

Fixed. =)

I haven't been to any tournaments though. You're probably better than me.
Go to tournaments. I can't repeat that enough.

CoonTail

Smash Lord
Uhhh demonfart you can expect me and my entire crew at Apex in April so I really hope you are there because I know I will be. Not to mention Apex is a big tourny that i will be training from now till april 2nd for so I really hope I do see you guys ECPT!!!!!!!!

Bestiarius

Smash Ace
I main PT. I live in Birmingham at the moment because I go to college here. However, I make my home with my fam in St. Simons island, Georgia, one of the Barrier Islands. This island is like Jekyll, where the Millionaires' Club, like J.P. Morgan and John D. Rockefeller, had summer homes and drew up the first plans of the Federal Reserve, lived. Part of the same island chain and each are viewable from the other. But now I'm rambling on. It's about an hour above Florida. It don't get any more East Coast than that!

Player-3

Smash Hero
i secondary main PT, hes replaced ganondorf simply because hes just that awesome
going to a tourny next weekend gonna go CF/PT and maybe some marth if i need the extra halp
Atlantic South, Yahur?

GuruKid

Smash Ace
I have been trying to find some but none of them are ever close. I have been hearing that some people around here might be setting up some tournaments though.
If you really want to go that badly, make the extra effort to go. Ask around the Missouri threads and see who's near you. Try to get a carpool going; most smashers do that (that's my main method of travel for tournaments outside my city). Once you meet people around your area who are also willing to travel (and have a car), tournaments become 5 times more accessible!

All it takes is initiative from your end.

...I'm seriously thinking of going to apex in April.
Uhhh demonfart you can expect me and my entire crew at Apex in April so I really hope you are there because I know I will be. Not to mention Apex is a big tourny that i will be training from now till april 2nd for so I really hope I do see you guys ECPT!!!!!!!!
Get hyped for APEX!!! All PT's on EC really must come to this!

ECPT... catchy! Love the acronym.

I main PT. I live in Birmingham at the moment because I go to college here. However, I make my home with my fam in St. Simons island, Georgia, one of the Barrier Islands... It's about an hour above Florida. It don't get any more East Coast than that!
i secondary main PT, hes replaced ganondorf simply because hes just that awesome
going to a tourny next weekend gonna go CF/PT and maybe some marth if i need the extra halp
Atlantic South, Yahur?
Atlantic South is cool, too. Keep at it!

I main him Im in Philly and I drive... NuF SaId! HoLlA aT mEh!
Philly love, oh yeah! Did you make it to CoT4? And you're going to Apex, right? :bee:

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Pokemon Trainer and Toon Link Main in the most cultural diverse state in the Confederacy: Sweet Home Louisiana.

However I am most definant I am best in state due to 0 competition -.- sheesh what a hollow victory. I want to at least go visit Reflex and have some friendlies with him if I was ever able to go to Alabama or battle who ever it is who lives in Georgia and who ever else in our Confederate States wants to battle me. I dont play anyone except people at tournies and all I get to play is my friend who lives by me but we are both considered low tier in LA tournies so yeah.... low tier vs low tier aint gona get me any better... yes I said aint cuz I can.

Edit: You know, Since you guys like it so much...... I wonder. OK right now that whole PT convention thing was just a random idea but i really have to wonder. LA is having a mecha-con sometime this summer. one of my friends told me there'd be a Brawl tourny(I cant be for certain). maybe we could meet there. lol, what if we all dressed alike in Red's outfit to tell who was from Smash boards. Then again. This is totally going out on a limb of uncertainty, but what if there was that slim chance that I was able to host the get together? how many of you guys would be willing to take a trip to Louisiana for a big Pokemon Trainer get together? >=D would be most staisying to meet all of you guys and see the guys behind the computer screens.

Eljin

Smash Ace
When would you be able to have it?

@ guru_kid : yea I went, didnt enter tho just went to see the scene and play but I want to go to apex tho link me.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
When would you be able to have it?

@ guru_kid : yea I went, didnt enter tho just went to see the scene and play but I want to go to apex tho link me.
well. I'm not certain about anything yet. I'm only 16, I turn 17 in July. According to my dad, since I'm still a minor, I cant make contracts with people(ex: wanting to rent a hotel room under my name) I dont know if that would apply to this situation. I got a tourny in about 2 weeks and I'll ask my friend who hosts these tournies, im supposed to fight him anyway so I'll ask him what I have to do.

However, in the slim event that I do have it.... I would have it sometime during the summer. Earlier today I was thinking of having it on my b-day and we could eat cake and stuff together and hang out (however no gifts plz i just wana brawl lol) btw thats in the 2nd week ofjuly or 3rd.... idk when the 11th falls this year. but either way, some time during the summer either in June or July I was thinking. The only problem I see is getting enough guys from around the country(s) <--for my canadian friends, to hitch a ride to Louisiana for a get together, not to mention location which would also depend on the amount of people coming as well. This is just a farfetch idea, I'll try to find some for info out, if not maybe I can co-host with some1 who is old enough to host a tourny, if age is the case.

GuruKid

Smash Ace
Edit: You know, Since you guys like it so much...... I wonder. OK right now that whole PT convention thing was just a random idea but i really have to wonder. LA is having a mecha-con sometime this summer. one of my friends told me there'd be a Brawl tourny(I cant be for certain). maybe we could meet there. lol, what if we all dressed alike in Red's outfit to tell who was from Smash boards. Then again. This is totally going out on a limb of uncertainty, but what if there was that slim chance that I was able to host the get together? how many of you guys would be willing to take a trip to Louisiana for a big Pokemon Trainer get together? >=D would be most staisying to meet all of you guys and see the guys behind the computer screens.
The Brawl tournament in Cali... you mean Genesis? I'm heading over there; it'd be awesome for the PT mains to dress as trainers. I'd be down for that.

And if you do decide to host something PT-related, I'd consider going; a tournament happening on the same day (next day) would help lure in the PT players.

I know this would be awesome for you to host on your birthday, the 11th... but that date also falls with Genesis...

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=211171

It's being pushed back a bit, and also taking place at a different venue in NJ. But it should nonetheless be a sweet event.

Eljin

Smash Ace
Bomber7 : gd idea man I wouldnt mind meeting up 1 time or another, it'll b a gd exp to meet up with PT MAINS

GuruKid : thx 4 the link

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Bomber7 : gd idea man I wouldnt mind meeting up 1 time or another, it'll b a gd exp to meet up with PT MAINS

GuruKid : thx 4 the link
well when the 20th comes, like I said, I'm gona have a match with the guy who hosts these tournies by my house and see what I have to do. If I find out I can host a tourny, then I will make a thread a short time after so after Feb 20th, if possible, be looking for the thread. I'm gona try and first see who would be able to come so I can get an idea of how large this crowd is and think of places to possibly host. Just remeber my restrictions of being a minor but I wont hesitate to co-host with someone who is of age if that is the case.

Kith

Smash Ace
I'm goin to a Gigabits tournament in March up in Orlando. Wish me luck. I live in Miami, FL

Fearmy

Smash Ace
i've been going to biweeklies, getting top 10, and then i went to a big tourney (biggest in MN, 52 ppl) and got 25th using PT alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom