• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

#EducatedFeet - July 20th, 2013 - Nicholasville, KY (Lexington Jr.)

Side Event?

• Melee

Votes: 19 43.2%
  • Marvel

Votes: 5 11.4%
  • Injustice

Votes: 6 13.6%
  • Pokemon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SSF4AE

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Brawl Low/Mid Tiers

Votes: 11 25.0%
  • Brawl All Random

• Smash 64

• Total voters

Tyranitarphantom

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SwitcherooTtar
And the poll is officially over (S2, would you mind closing it, if you can?)! Melee players, rejoice! We hope to see you all out here!

As for the stage list, what would you all prefer? The standard 6-stage list, or perhaps something a bit more liberal (allowing Mute City, Kongo 64, Rainbow, etc.)?

clowsui

Smash Legend
So I was getting hype about this tournament...

And I thought that a crew battle might be good to amp up the hype. Good idea, right? I mean, Cincinnati and Kentucky have always been close scenes, and our players are developing around the same rate. Not to mention it's great for the stream!

Anyways, I messaged your resident beep-o about it, to see what he thought...

WAIT!
WHAT DID HE SAY?

HOOOOOOOLD THAT PHONE. LET'S LOOK AT IT A LITTLE CLOSER.

DESTROYED?

NO, BUT SERIOUSLY.

DESTROYED? REALLY?

LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING, "MISTER" ERIC.
You must be out of ya gat-damn mind. I mean, let's face it. The only destruction a Kentuckyian really knows, is the large ones he leaves in his toilet.

NEWSFLASH, COTTONMOUTH: YOU PROBABLY SHOULDN'T TAKE A DUMP ON YOUR CONTROLLER.
SECOND NEWSFLASH, BEERBOT: YOU REALLY DON'T WANNA HAVE POOP ON A TV EITHER.

So we've concluded that there's not gonna be any destruction from Kentucky. But you know what? Eric is a man of his word. He's an honest guy. Sure, he might be deluded enough to think he's a robot, but that doesn't mean the man doesn't have values. When he says that "there's no humbleness about getting destroyed", we ought to take him at his word.

We really ought to think about the only other possibility for destruction: that Cincinnati wrecks Kentucky.

WAIT A MINUTE! DIDN'T HE SAY THAT "WE WOULD WRECK YOU"? WE, AS IN HIS FELLOW KENTUCKYIANS?

Look, I'm a nice guy, so I'll spare Eric the trouble and correct him here. I think I know a little more than Eric too. So you see, when he said "we", he must have meant "you", and when he said "you", he must have meant "us". I mean yeah, it's basic English, but give the man's "circuits" some leeway here: there were two subjects in the sentence.

ALRIGHT, CHI. IF YOU'RE SO SMART, WHAT DID ERIC ACTUALLY MEAN?
Great question, whoever you are! He meant that Cincinnati is gonna lay on the hurtin'.

He thought that MAYBE, if he reminded us of how much BETTER we are, that we'd have mercy.

HE THOUGHT, LIKE ANY BAG OF FRAYED WIRES WOULD, THAT WE WOULD SPARE KENTUCKY FROM EMBARRASSMENT.
NEWSFLASH AGAIN: WE'RE GONNA **** YOU UP. SO PUT YER ASSES UP, NERDS: THIS SPANKING IS ABOUT TO GET REAL.YOU THOUGHT IT WAS GONNA GO SOMETHING LIKE THIS?

TRY THIS:

BRING YOUR KENTUCKY-FRIED A-GAME, FATTIES. DON'T FORGET THIS, TOO:

CUZ I KNOW Y'ALL SISSIES CAN'T LEAVE YOUR TEARS AT HOME.
WE OUT!

clowsui

Smash Legend
In case you nerds can't read, Cincinnati vs KY 5v5 at this tournament. Whether or not money is involved is TBD, but we'll be sure to put on a show.

EDIT: Shoutouts to lord Xyro77. Allan Sims you are my inspiration

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Hey, I've got a crew battle for you.

5 of me vs. either crew.

=P

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
I didn't even know Steel still played smash. That's a surprise. xD

So who is the 5 members of KY that is in the crew battle?

I mean the crew battle does look hype. lmao
You guys should also do the OS crew battle idea too, I've heard stories about how awesome those turn out.

Edit: People with 3DS's and Animal Crossing bring them at this! We can trade stuff~

Overswarm

is laughing at you
If they want to crew battle me they can come to my house on the way back from the tournament. They can stop at a store and pick up a pie for me on the way up.

I'm still not sure exactly why people are interested in crew battles. The KY/Cincinnati scenes have been stagnant for a while now, it's not like anything crazy has changed.

sneakytako

Smash Lord
Nobody wants to play with you OS lol.

Also, it's not good to litter, so Cinci will gladly save the earth and throw out the KY trash.

Amida64

Smash Journeyman
I am definitely up for it! I actually came up with this idea a month ago, I told ShadowPhoenix, but I guess he never talked to you all about it. I was thinking 10-15 people on each crew, because to be honest, I really want to participate in this. Also, we have players like Twig who are not on the PR that very well could be if they tried for it, that would be good participants for the crew battle. Overall, I am excited for a crew battle but I want a wider variety of players to be a part of it!

Tyranitarphantom

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SwitcherooTtar
I concur with the idea of larger crews (assuming enough people from Cinci show up). It would be a good opportunity for some of our newer, but quickly-improving players (Twig, Amida, etc) to show what they've got.

But for real. SP and I have no experience streaming, so would anyone with some experience be willing to help run it/help commentate?

Tyranitarphantom

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SwitcherooTtar
That's why I said "assuming enough Cinci players show up."

SP has a Dazzle and all of the necessary equipment, but we can't do everything at once, so we'd appreciate help with that.

clowsui

Smash Legend
While I would be happy w larger crews, there's also a logistical issue in mind. You could feasibly run crews between pools and bracket or doubles and pools. But w larger crews you can't sneak it in between anywhere and have to run crews after everything is over. That being said it's your tournament! I will admit to a bit of selfish bias for smaller crews as I really fell in love w the scene after my draft crews experience at Doctor X's in 2008, and I wanted to close out my time in the MW w crews if I can (hence the smaller size to increase feasibility).

Also Cincinnati has 15 players but I don't know if all of them are interested in traveling lol. High schooler johns

Kel

Smash Master
We can probably scrounge up that many, but it would be hard to get us all together at once.

Tyranitar, the time for the new people to shine is during the tournament. Diluting the crew battles to include everyone is essentially turning it into Little League where everyone gets a trophy for participation. The guys are talking about putting $10 down each for participation, so the competition should be high level.

Amida64

Smash Journeyman
While I would be happy w larger crews, there's also a logistical issue in mind. You could feasibly run crews between pools and bracket or doubles and pools. But w larger crews you can't sneak it in between anywhere and have to run crews after everything is over. That being said it's your tournament! I will admit to a bit of selfish bias for smaller crews as I really fell in love w the scene after my draft crews experience at Doctor X's in 2008, and I wanted to close out my time in the MW w crews if I can (hence the smaller size to increase feasibility).

Also Cincinnati has 15 players but I don't know if all of them are interested in traveling lol. High schooler johns
If it can't happen, it can't, but if enough Ohio players show and we have the time then we should stretch it to its limit- whatever it may be. If it can't happen, then it will be still really fun to watch! Btw, is this tourney really that short on time? Or are all tourneys that frantic when concerning fitting in events? I am legitimately wondering because my tourney is this weekend, and I am starting really early and having A LOT of events.

Amida64

Smash Journeyman
We can probably scrounge up that many, but it would be hard to get us all together at once.

Tyranitar, the time for the new people to shine is during the tournament. Diluting the crew battles to include everyone is essentially turning it into Little League where everyone gets a trophy for participation. The guys are talking about putting $10 down each for participation, so the competition should be high level.
Your right, I will put time in this game other than at tourneys and see if I can get good enough to where I will be competition viable for this crew battle!

Amida64

Smash Journeyman
Amida so long as you have setups you're fine :)
Yeah, I have 5 tvs with consoles to go with them, and I have more tvs if I need them. My worry is the fact that I have so many events, (Fooseball, Air Hockey, Brawl, 64, Billiards, PM, Bomberman, Mario Party, Pokémon Puzzle League, and melee if people bring setups for it.) I am basically just going to have a poll on the thread and just cut out the least popular events, unless we have time for them.

Amida64

Smash Journeyman
I almost forgot, I promised to bring/play Flying Dragons for the N64 on my flash cart..... its an overlooked fighting game, would anyone else be interested in trying this game?

Kel

Smash Master
Amida, can you link me to your tournament thing? Kassy and I might be interested in going. Although it's kinda scary if you are running all of those events. If this is your first tournament I would cut most of that out or else you could find yourself going crazy. Being a TO is a crazy job and you don't want to make it more difficult on yourself if you are inexperienced. Just be careful.

Amida64

Smash Journeyman
Amida, can you link me to your tournament thing? Kassy and I might be interested in going. Although it's kinda scary if you are running all of those events. If this is your first tournament I would cut most of that out or else you could find yourself going crazy. Being a TO is a crazy job and you don't want to make it more difficult on yourself if you are inexperienced. Just be careful.
Yeah, I am starting it around 10am - the first event and most of it will be cut out, I will be doing whatever I have time for, so I will cut out the least popular events. I have done two minor tourneys prior to this so I have minimal experience, but I will try not to stress myself out.
http://smashboards.com/threads/amid...orgetown-kentucky.335904/page-2#post-15613628

Top Bottom