• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

El paso TMS - brawl/melee tournament Nov. 14th-16th (MK is banned)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Ha. I don't even use Ike. We'll see how I feel when I get there.

I recommend you make an attendance list and get your prices and stuff finalized ASAP.

I'd also recommend offering AZ and other OOS housing.

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord
You had mentioned something about it so i though you wanted to
As for the prices, There will be the big pot, sponsored money and 101$ more if OOS person wins.
Housing is open for ant OOS aswell ;)

Arturo: I know what you mean, they dont know what they are missing. just dont give up we have to keep trying

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
hey duffman the sponsored money isn't a 100% thing it might not happen at all its just a possibility don't go spreading rumors around.

Any ways we are looking at over a 100 people to attend this tournament so thats about 1000$ for the entire pot and 100 for 1st if its an OOS. Add the other tournaments and its possible that you'll end up with a 1500+ prize.

Also luis is there any chance that you can drop off my fliers because I have to work on Tuesday and I can't go to MP.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Are you getting a lot of locals or something? I just don't see a lot of interest in this tournament.

Also, I don't care about Melee, but the people I'd be going with will, and the more people that come with me the cheaper the trip. You know what I mean?

error13

Smash Journeyman
ok trust me ive been going to tournaments in el paso for a while
and at the anime con the was like 80 people, and at the other tournaments its like
60 people at least, and it always different people. so im assuming they are advertising enuff for everyone
to go, so im about 85 percent sure that there is going to be 100 plus people
with locals alone and with a 10 dollar entry its atleast 600 for first prize, this is without
the 100 dollars if a OOS person win, and im sure more than 100 people will go
especially if oos people come

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
El Paso can get plenty of locals. Most of them will be scrubs, so they'll just be more money in the pot for the rest of us.

V3RMILLION

Smash Apprentice
Are you getting a lot of locals or something? I just don't see a lot of interest in this tournament.

Also, I don't care about Melee, but the people I'd be going with will, and the more people that come with me the cheaper the trip. You know what I mean?
Our tournaments always have a LOT of locals show up. That's what pads our prizes. We've just never really gone out of our way to advertise to anyone outside of El Paso. This time we are because it will be one the last tournament we will be able to hold in the location we're holding it in. I've checked other threads before and seen lower turnouts for some "bigger" tournaments. We're pretty consistent. Well... we have been... so far.

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord
Yeah, we Have plenty of people here. Some friends don't even post on smashboards either....
Some of us dont have many post counts and people seem to judge us for that but i guess everyone is in for a surprise

fallenangemon0

Smash Journeyman
Crew matches in any thing...

**** yes!! If you have DSs be sure to bring them! You can't beat me or Richard at some Diamond/Pearl anyways XD (right luis?)

I vote like 7-8 bucks for Melee. It'll have a good turnout for sure.
-->BE SURE THE F***ING BATHROOM WORKS JOHN.<--

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord
Melee should just be the same cost i think.
8-bit fix is helping us out on advertising too
Arturo yeah whatever we need to do, we will discuss once we have them

fallenangemon0

Smash Journeyman
Melee should just be the same cost i think.
8-bit fix is helping us out on advertising too
Arturo yeah whatever we need to do, we will discuss once we have them
My friend will let me advertise at Gamestop so thats easily a few extra people right there. Ill bring my Wii since it has awesome VC games on it for the first day(Street Fighter II Turbo, Samurai Showdown II, F-Zero GX, etc.)

This is gonna be sick.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
If we get judge by anything its because only 2 of us didn't sign up before 08 but meh who cares.

There are a lot of locals here in El Paso even though we're in the middle of no where we're the 4th biggest city in texas. Theres also juarez and las cruzes right next to us so that adds even more locals. If you all know people from las cruzes make sure you get them to come along its a 30 minute drive from there to my house. I live right on the edge of El Paso btw so you guys will find your housing pretty easily.

Anyways I'm thinking we should split up the pools and brackets between sunday and saturday again because that might make melee get a bigger turn out or doubles w/e. Of course we have to here more from OOS because some seem to want to go back early on Sunday. Any of you bringing set ups because no one has said anything about that yet we only have like 10 atm.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
This is going good. Since AZ is so interested in melee, should we have AZ vs EL Paso melee crew battles to make things interesting?

Also Out of state people feel free to ask questions and make suggestions as well.
We would also encourage some OOS people to offer yourselves to be like pool leaders and stuff
Crew battles, you say?

Well, there's only two AZ melee players....

Soo.... how about the three players Kash mentioned join us?

Crew MANZ.

That is, if I CAN go, lol

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
We won't have 24 people for brawl that is assured. It has to be at least 60+ theres probably like a total of 30-40 friends we could get not each but all together plus all the scrubs that will show up. then the OOS and the friends of friends brawl in El Paso has always had a nice turn out with half *** advertising so don't worry to much on that.

I have to admit melee does have me a bit worried which is why I want to split it into pools sat/ melee to increase the amount of people who join. then brawl brackets on sunday/ doubles.

just so you all know sethlon and maybe a few other central texas people can come. He may just have been humoring me but hey if people from 2 states over why can't guys from across the world in the same state come?

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
Is there going to be a guarantee prize pool? If so Dallas people are considering going if the turn out is well.
O **** kool bring RoK the reaper along I want to do a 100$ MM against his Ike. Atm there is 100$ for anyone outside of El Paso I'm working on sponsors and I'll update as soon as I can. Maybe I'll just ring at door bells asking for donations lol.

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
You guys seem really well prepared in the making of this tourney. :laugh:

Sounds good.

Also, you should edit the title to include the date and what type of tourney it is (Which is Melee and Brawl).

fallenangemon0

Smash Journeyman
Is there going to be a guarantee prize pool? If so Dallas people are considering going if the turn out is well.
Ill PM you to keep you posted.

We need Dallas for a bawls out AZ vs. TX Crew battle!!! ( for Melee AND brawl )maybe even a tri state crew battle with NM!

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
Erm, no thanks. Keep it the same for Melee. Perhaps even cheaper to help motivate new players to try it out. :laugh:

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Yeah, I'd rather not up the entry fee.

I just want to either have a decent tournament to go to or not having lost the money going there lol.

V3RMILLION

Smash Apprentice
Yeah the entry fee for Melee can't be too high since not that many people play it anymore and any prospective Melee players (random local scrubs) won't be wanting to lose too much more money after they lose the Brawl tournament (if they play in said tournament). I'd up the Melee pot, but with all these big names coming it looks like I might be having to pay that $100 after all...

Well, assuming you all love video games, I can add a $30 gift card to Gamestop to the Melee pot... on top of winnings of course. I have a random one lying around that I haven't used... Plus a $10 one from some crappy tournament. So it'd be $40... Not sure if that helps any.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
Yeah, I'd rather not up the entry fee.

I just want to either have a decent tournament to go to or not having lost the money going there lol.
You make it sound like its guaranteed for you to win. I'll go ahead and put 50$ out of my own pocket if nothing comes up plus if RoK comes thats 100$ to me so I'll throw half of that in. I might throw in my prize from the other tournament which was a 25$ walmart gift card. Stupid venue kept more than half of the prize pot gay *** schools.

Fallen yah its ok as of now we have like 5 extra TVs if you guys read the 1st 5 to bring wiis and game copies get a free entry after that it needs to bring along a TV.

TengenToppaTetsuya

Smash Cadet
Good Job everyone, this tourney is sure looking as if its going to be the biggest one ever around here!
Cant wait to play all you OOS people! :D

Also...need to play melee again, HALP!

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord
I like the OOS player's attitude.
Just cause our title says take our money, doesn't mean you guys will. ;)

Tetsuya, tuesday at major players

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
This looks interesting.

I will look into coming.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
yah !!! hylian lets do a 30$ Ike ditto MM this time I want more barging rights. Plus thats more money for the melee pool since I'm just going to go ahead and add half of the money I end up making to it. :pimp: Hope for me winning brawl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom