• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

El paso TMS - brawl/melee tournament Nov. 14th-16th (MK is banned)

Status
Not open for further replies.

V3RMILLION

Smash Apprentice
Arturito, you need to start updating the first post with a list of people who are confirmed to go. Get started son.
And I like how our Melee pot is going to be a mish mash of cash and random gift cards.

fallenangemon0

Smash Journeyman
Arturito, you need to start updating the first post with a list of people who are confirmed to go. Get started son.
And I like how our Melee pot is going to be a mish mash of cash and random gift cards.
Agreed. With "(maybe)"s next to some.

You Ready for the Melee crew matches John?

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
Alright I'll get one it. It's just going to be a generalization of whats going on now since I haven't received any names.

We might have to pay for that motel 6 too john. Actually my mom and sister might go spend the night with my aunt so maybe I can fit like 30-40 people at my house ofcourse the majority of you will be sleeping on the floor so prepare your selfs! (pun intended)

edit: I suck at melee compared to all you. Barely getting used to wave dashing and I still don't L cancel to well! have to get better this money time to pick up MK. O wait....

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
yah !!! hylian lets do a 30$ Ike ditto MM this time I want more barging rights. Plus thats more money for the melee pool since I'm just going to go ahead and add half of the money I end up making to it. :pimp: Hope for me winning brawl.
I'm not driving like...12 hours and then doing a $30 MM with a character I don't main XD. I will do a $30 Ike vs GW if you want :). Or we can just do another $10 Ike ditto. Or any amount IC's vs Ike. Or even $10 my kirby vs your ike?
**** time to main MK!

jk... MK is too shamefull to use around here =P I want some of that IC rapedge ive heard. =D
I haven't actually used IC's for a few months because there have been so many MK's...I will practice up though just for you :).

fallenangemon0

Smash Journeyman
I'm not driving like...12 hours and then doing a $30 MM with a character I don't main XD. I will do a $30 Ike vs GW if you want :). Or we can just do another $10 Ike ditto. Or any amount IC's vs Ike. Or even $10 my kirby vs your ike?

I haven't actually used IC's for a few months because there have been so many MK's...I will practice up though just for you :).
You better! I gotta be the best (only) Jigglypuff in Texas so it should be a good match.

Arturo: Yeah...I just realized who you are! (I fought you EVERY melee tourney)

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
Alright 10$ Ike ditto and 10$ kirby vs Ike? I'm not doing a 30$ G&W vs Ike unless I really pratice against duffman and even then it might be a stupid choice. But really come over I'm trying to get xyro to come as well but he logged off aim as soon as I invited him the scrub is scared.

You better! I gotta be the best (only) Jigglypuff in Texas so it should be a good match.

Arturo: Yeah...I just realized who you are! (I fought you EVERY melee tourney)
I don't think you do I've been 1 one melee tournament. Maybe we fought in brawl though.

V3RMILLION

Smash Apprentice
Ugh, quit posting. Go to bed already. I'm trying to type a paper and I keep having to come in here and check the new posts. I work tomorrow morning too you inconsiderate ****s. Hah.

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord
XYRO"S SAMUS IS TRASH VS MY CAPT FALCON
Come over and i will prove it after Arturito burrito's ike is done with you.

IS there anyway some one could get this stickied please?
:psycho:

fallenangemon0

Smash Journeyman
Im pretty sure I remember you from at least 2 Melee tourneys 0_0

Yes...your Ike beat me sadly =P I could have just Chainspike spammed with Falco (which i DID one match) but its too hard to take brawl seriously XD

Im hellbent on my rematch though. Prepare yourself!

Must...sleep... bai

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
This should get stickied Nothing like this has happened in EP since the dawn of gaming and it probably will never happen again. At least tell lee the bad one to add it to the sticky that has the list of up coming tournaments. You could put us as texas mexico and new mexico since we are piratically in all 3.

Fallen I remember you now your the guy who was in line behind me at the anime tournament. You actually tried to chain spike with flaco and I didn't work!! That first match I pretty much killed my self SDIing that laser lock to an SD.

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
I'm telling you, edit the title to include the date and that it's a Brawl/Melee tourney to make it look serious. It'll get stickied then probably.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
That is very debated between us atm. we pretty much picked up MK though so it wouldn't affect us to much but we though banning MK would shine away the locals which is whats going to be the majority of this tournament.

What do you guys think? NM bans him nov 1st cen texas already banned him in a few tournaments should we do it too?

V3RMILLION

Smash Apprentice
I had thought of doing a "secret ban," seeing as most of the people who post on here will make it to the later stages of the tournament. I do not want to ban him outright because it will definitely hurt the attendance of the scrubs whose monies we want to take. Perhaps we should ban him from Quarter or Semi-Finals and up?

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
This sounds like an awesome idea but quarter sounds like way to much thats top 8 your talking about. I sa we ban him after pools since almost every scrub will be out by then. all you OOS agree?

V3RMILLION

Smash Apprentice
Well that would be fine by me. It's late now. I really need to finish my paper. I'll mash you hobos later.

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
I see no logic in banning mk after pools. Alot of people play metaknight exclusively, so watching a metaknight user move past pool then having to rely on a character he is weaker with during bracket makes no sense to me. I would see no reason to attend such a tournament, well if I was a metaknight user, knowing that I can't play at my full potential during the brackets.

To be honest I would really wait till after Hobo 12 before deciding if you should ban metaknight. They are currently trying the no metaknight rule and I think you guys should read feedback of how that tournament ran with the ban before making such decisions.

Daimonster

Smash Journeyman
^^! MK hard ban or nothing at all. The consequences are a *possible* lower attendance. I'm thinkin about it; and it's probably best to leave the testing to Houston and Dallas tournaments.

Suggestion to OP: Consider creating an attendance list. Fwiw, you may add Dallas (5) to the list.

NewMexico: I hope you guys come to this. I never got my controller back.

error13

Smash Journeyman
You should make a smaller OOS bonus for placing in Melee :/
u sound so sure u will win in melee

i can almost assure you that its not as easy as u think
we have some pretty fierce melee players.....

@ john ur link never played me

@ anthony, its a little concieded to call urself the best and only Jigg in TEXAS

@ OOS i dont post often but u will know my name well if u attend this tournament gauranteed

fallenangemon0

Smash Journeyman

@ anthony, its a little concieded to call urself the best and only Jigg in TEXAS

@ OOS i dont post often but u will know my name well if u attend this tournament gauranteed
I said Im trying to be. Please read. Any one else find it hillarious RICHARD called that concieted?? Heh.

Arizona will fucking **** your shit in Melee.
Can he say that XD?

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
You make it sound like its guaranteed for you to win. I'll go ahead and put 50$ out of my own pocket if nothing comes up plus if RoK comes thats 100$ to me so I'll throw half of that in. I might throw in my prize from the other tournament which was a 25$ walmart gift card. Stupid venue kept more than half of the prize pot gay *** schools.

Fallen yah its ok as of now we have like 5 extra TVs if you guys read the 1st 5 to bring wiis and game copies get a free entry after that it needs to bring along a TV.
I'm not guaranteed to win, but if I'm the only one that shows up and you can convince some randoms to enter... then cash for me.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
Hurray we got a sticky!!! El Paso isn't just a bunch of rejected Mexicans any more. I've actually added the OOS stuff in the 2nd post of the thread I'll put Dallas 5 people now though.

rockman2k1

Smash Journeyman
Wow, this tourney is starting to sound like hype, hopefully things will turn out well.

But can I make a suggestion, and use component cables instead of composite if the Wii's are on HD? lol

V3RMILLION

Smash Apprentice

Blah blah blah. You always talk big but never back it up. You better place well this tournament or just give up playing. And I don't need Link to beat you. Ganon, Samus and Peach always worked well.

P.S. Look at my sig. I'm going to punch people like that. In the game I mean.

fallenangemon0

Smash Journeyman
If they are using HDTVs, I'm not going. You can't remove the lag from an HDTV set
Oh hell no...

Blah blah blah. You always talk big but never back it up. You better place well this tournament or just give up playing. And I don't need Link to beat you. Ganon, Samus and Peach always worked well.

P.S. Look at my sig. I'm going to punch people like that. In the game I mean.
Speaking of which, Richard will throw a PMS fit if he can't use his Vizio >_> Ill tell him though.
There will be NO HD of any kind Arturo. You should add it to the original post!

Where am I?

What the fudge cakes is this place?

Smashboards?

They need to put f u c /< in' Falco in Gears of War.

SICK!

Roll-A-Tron out!
...Thats our Julian!

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
I agree with Lee Harris about both the HD thing and the metaknight thing.

If there's HD tv's, i won't come. I have a ridiculous one at home, and it's still like 4 frames of lag. It's sick how much better I do when I hook the wii to my old TV.

Also, I support banning metaknight for this one. I haven't decided on whether I agree that he should be banned nationwide, but at least for this, we need to see what a big tournament without Metaknight is like, and this would be a great example.

The idea of banning him only after a certain point in the tournament is probably not a good one. All that might do is push a few metaknight mains through pools over better players only to have them get slaughtered in the first two rounds and go out.

If metaknight is allowed in pools only, i'm playing all metaknight in pools, and then switching to pikachu in brackets. that's just kinda ******** to have to think that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom