• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Eldiran's PSAs 'n' Stuff: Newest - Zero 1.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fino

Smash Master
Yep, if I could turn Kirby into a Wisp I would :p But I fixed the grab release issue. Still not sure if other characters can do the same to Wisp though.

Yep, Wisp is bad. I plan to make her mediocre, and maybe tone down the excellent counterpicks if I can.

Thanks! I'm working on making Dsmash a little better. I plan also to tweak Up+B, but it will still be useful. I know what you're saying about B and Nair -- it just occurred to me that B is just as quick to start, and quicker to recover, than Nair. So, I'm increasing Nair's hitbox a tad and slowing down B's recovery a tad.

Thanks again for all the comments guys!
Why would you take away the grab release? It's a reward for being able to grab with wisp in the first place XD. I don't want to see wisp be a bad character, I have a lot of fun playing as wisp and enjoy the notion that wisp may actually be playable (in friendlies).

You should make nair a multi-hit shock like mewtwo in melee. The neutral B is fine how it is.

~Fino

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
People are saying Wisp has a hard time killing...These people are obviously failures XD

I've had no trouble KOing 3 Lvl 9's who were around 80 to 100 in damage. It's Dair is quite useful in midair. :3 And I love Utilt. (Now whether or not it's cause I play Brawl+ 5.0 is another story. ¦D)

Very balanced. Fun to use, fun to fight. You can even fight against a team of 3 and it won't be such a one-sided match. I see no need to change it :3

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Reading the comments, that place seems almost as bad as /b/
Crap, I read them too >_<

Rule of thumb: Never read anything about SSB on anything that's not a SSB-specific site. Nobody out there knows anything about anything.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
i have some complaints about wisp, mainly these:

8 jumps instead of 9
slightly larger graphics (character size is deceptive, currently)
less range on either fair or bair (helps distinguish)
slightly less distance on certain attacks all around
and, instead of mario's cape effect, give dsmash a large windbox, instead, that just pushes people away

Eldiran

Smash Lord
i like the last 2 form plasma :D how can i make it replace darkness and ice?
You can change the effects by editing the Graphic Effects in subroutine 1E938.

First, I'll say this: you've done an excellent job. Wisp's concept is awesome, and I've had a blast playing as her.

However, I've been noticing the freezing issue a lot - where Wisp will just not respond until she's hit. I've noticed that it tends to happen mostly around when I try to use the Across B second charge and when I get a Final Smash in the air - when I land, I can't do anything, even if I've already used the Final Smash. This doesn't happen all the time, so I can't reliably replicate it, but I figure any information is good, right?
Thank you! I'm sorry the freezing has been plaguing you. I appreciate more reports. I've got the problem fixed, I think. It'll be out with the next version.

My computer hates mediafire, anyone got an alt. download?
Here's a megaupload link for ya.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TVKXR6PA

Thanks for the feedback guys!

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Version 1.1 is up! (Yaaaayyy)

The changelist is on the bottom of the first post -- I'll update the rest of the posts momentarily. These changes were only possible thanks to all your feedback! Thanks again! Please let me know how you like the changes and if I should make any further ones.

UberWatts

Smash Rookie
when i put it on my sd card it keeps jigglypuff do i leave it as fitpurinwisp or fitpurinwisp00

GigaBowserXyZ

Smash Journeyman
it won't download. i tried both links and it wouldn't download then i had to close my web browsers

EDIT: nvm it's working ^^

Dantarion

Smash Champion
To fix the problem with being grabbed by snake and being frozen, I think you need to add effects to the applicable animations. Off the top of my head, I dont know them, but each character does have a special animation for when snake grabs them(because he grabs from behind)

Eldiran

Smash Lord
To fix the problem with being grabbed by snake and being frozen, I think you need to add effects to the applicable animations. Off the top of my head, I dont know them, but each character does have a special animation for when snake grabs them(because he grabs from behind)
Actually, I placed the effects on those animations, but they refuse to be played. There are a couple subactions that ignore graphic effects alongside those.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Bury an opponent, then **** them with the fully charged aura effect for the side-B. :3 Maybe broken. Definitely broken if the opponent takes a while to get unburied.

Also, some suggestions:
-Make a couple of water attacks to fit with her Water form. Ice, Fire, and Dark all get love, and some elements that she doesn't even have as forms, but Water gets shunned. :(
-Speaking of forms, add a couple more, if that's not too much of an issue (I don't know how hard it is to mess with the graphic effects for her forms, so if this is too big of a problem, ignore me ^^; ). Wind and Electric would be the obvious choices as far as I can tell. :3 Max is 6 forms anyways, right?
Um... ...uh...
-You need a backup plan for visibility if something exceeds the graphic limit. I learned this with Kari's new fsmashes: until the graphic swords vanish, Wisp is completely invisible. ._.;
-Perhaps you should make the wind stronger the closer you are to her up-B.
-Add idle poses of some kind. :3

Just throwing suggestions out there. You can ignore any and all of them if you want. :3

Awesome Turtwig

Smash Journeyman
I have a question. How did you make jigg's model invisible? I want to do that for a different character. Thanks for any help.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Could you look into it for me? Thanks.
Can't right now. I can't get on to my computer again until tomorrow (frigging school means that my parents make me get off the comp at 8). (I'm using the Wii Internet Channel right now, if you were wondering.)

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Bury an opponent, then **** them with the fully charged aura effect for the side-B. :3 Maybe broken. Definitely broken if the opponent takes a while to get unburied.

Also, some suggestions:
-Make a couple of water attacks to fit with her Water form. Ice, Fire, and Dark all get love, and some elements that she doesn't even have as forms, but Water gets shunned. :(
-Speaking of forms, add a couple more, if that's not too much of an issue (I don't know how hard it is to mess with the graphic effects for her forms, so if this is too big of a problem, ignore me ^^; ). Wind and Electric would be the obvious choices as far as I can tell. :3 Max is 6 forms anyways, right?
Um... ...uh...
-You need a backup plan for visibility if something exceeds the graphic limit. I learned this with Kari's new fsmashes: until the graphic swords vanish, Wisp is completely invisible. ._.;
-Perhaps you should make the wind stronger the closer you are to her up-B.
-Add idle poses of some kind. :3

Just throwing suggestions out there. You can ignore any and all of them if you want. :3
If you fully charge an up-smash on top of a grounded foe, you do like 30%! >D

Addressing comments:

- Actually, the default form is supposed to be Aura. So, there are quite a few attacks that do Aura damage. (Jab, fair, bair, pummel, dthrow)
- Weell, I chose the forms I thought looked best and were easiest to see. I was originally going to do an Electric form, but that would make it unpossible to tell if your sparks are charged. And Wind would not be very easily seen, I would guess. But, with a few seconds in PSA, you can make your own form out of anything!
- Yeaahh... I wish it weren't the case. The graphics tolerance is surprisingly high though. I can have two Wisps up+Bing (maybe more) while another two are standing around, while still seeing all of them. But if they do disappear... there's nothing I can do. :(
- That's an idea... hmm...
- Idle poses, I totally forgot about. Hmmmm!

Fool's Gil

Smash Apprentice
Hey just thought of something while playing. Could charging Usmash increase the distance of the lightning bolt from the ground?

..I wonder if PhantomWings know about this thing. I'd like to hear his opinion.

phatcat203

Smash Apprentice
Okay. This will make me sound like a complete noob and I'll probably be told to post in some help thread or something, but what exactly do you have to do to use Wisp?

All I have on my SD is private/wii/app/rsbe/pf/purin/fitpurin.pac and the gameconfig.text with the new code in the root. Am I supposed to have something else on it?

I've gotten two results: One, it freezes as soon as I select a stage after choosing Jigglypuff, and two, nothing happens at all.

Will someone please help me out here? I've looked all over the forum and couldn't find anything about it.

Adapt

Smash Lord
Okay. This will make me sound like a complete noob and I'll probably be told to post in some help thread or something, but what exactly do you have to do to use Wisp?

All I have on my SD is private/wii/app/rsbe/pf/purin/fitpurin.pac and the gameconfig.text with the new code in the root. Am I supposed to have something else on it?

I've gotten two results: One, it freezes as soon as I select a stage after choosing Jigglypuff, and two, nothing happens at all.

Will someone please help me out here? I've looked all over the forum and couldn't find anything about it.
it has to be: pf/fighter/purin/fitpurin.pac

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
If you fully charge an up-smash on top of a grounded foe, you do like 30%! >D

Addressing comments:

- Actually, the default form is supposed to be Aura. So, there are quite a few attacks that do Aura damage. (Jab, fair, bair, pummel, dthrow)
- Weell, I chose the forms I thought looked best and were easiest to see. I was originally going to do an Electric form, but that would make it unpossible to tell if your sparks are charged. And Wind would not be very easily seen, I would guess. But, with a few seconds in PSA, you can make your own form out of anything!
- Yeaahh... I wish it weren't the case. The graphics tolerance is surprisingly high though. I can have two Wisps up+Bing (maybe more) while another two are standing around, while still seeing all of them. But if they do disappear... there's nothing I can do. :(
- That's an idea... hmm...
- Idle poses, I totally forgot about. Hmmmm!
Well how do I make the graphics change with each taunt? I dunno how to do that. :<

Plasmakirby1

Smash Journeyman
Eldiran said:
The effects change is based on bit variables. If you'd like to change one of his forms, it's quite simple -- bring up the subroutine 1E938 and change one of the graphic effect commands to whatever you like. I simply chose the four that were most distinctive and visually clear. But I encourage you to try out different appearances and go with what you like.
this was in a pm he sent to me at KC:MM forums

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Thank you, Adapt, plasmakirby, for helping the people on this thread for me.

Hey just thought of something while playing. Could charging Usmash increase the distance of the lightning bolt from the ground?

..I wonder if PhantomWings know about this thing. I'd like to hear his opinion.
I don't know how to have charging do anything special yet, but it's worth noting that the graphic I used for Usmash can't be resized or rotated in any way. But it is still worth seeing if you can connect charging to anything special -- I might have to look into that in the future.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
This is the first time I show a great deal of interest in a brawl hack.

I mean seriously, a fcking wisp? This is **** awesome! Best character ever!

I was wondering, did you make the character invisible and make it an emitter for the particles? Because it certainly looks like that. If it's possible you should reduce the time interval between emitting, because if you jump you can clearly see the hurtbox in front of the particles, because if you use fair it is made directly in front of the character.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Graphic 22, size 1.5
Works perfectly for a Wind Wisp. (Just tried it. <3)

............****... My Wii is giving me the "Cannot read disc" error unless I remove it and put it back in when I first turn it on & every time after that that I try to enter into the game, including Gecko... It's not the disk, either. My Wii's been making weird sounds for the last year or so, but it never hurt the gameplay at all, or anything. But now it's taking longer for the load sound, and it makes a bunch of funny pops in between empty loads... I swear, if it stops working, I WILL make the neighborhood kids pitch in to get a new one; it's their **** fault for pulling it down off the table... 5 SEPARATE TIMES.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Graphic 22, size 1.5
Works perfectly for a Wind Wisp. (Just tried it. <3)

............****... My Wii is giving me the "Cannot read disc" error unless I remove it and put it back in when I first turn it on & every time after that that I try to enter into the game, including Gecko... It's not the disk, either. My Wii's been making weird sounds for the last year or so, but it never hurt the gameplay at all, or anything. But now it's taking longer for the load sound, and it makes a bunch of funny pops in between empty loads... I swear, if it stops working, I WILL make the neighborhood kids pitch in to get a new one; it's their **** fault for pulling it down off the table... 5 SEPARATE TIMES.
I might have to look into that.

Also, :(

That happened to me too... eventually certain disks became unreadable, and the noise got really loud... I had to get a new Wii.

EDIT: @Xonar: Thank you! I would make the graphics occur more frequently, but every 2 frames is already rather fast, and more importantly, Brawl has a limit to how many graphics can be onscreen at once. I don't want to overload it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom